Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2007, 04:10 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About SCS Challenges (wordy:)

OMG, I did it I did it. Thank you thank you. I have wanted to jump on this band wagon for so long. I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place. The challenge section seems to be challenging to me What I want to say is to all of you who have not tried this PLEASE DO!!! I managed to do the Mon. and Tues. yesterday and altho the Triangle Trifold gave me a fit or two, I was bound and determined to figure it out and did. The thing that blew my mind is it forced me to design in a whole new way. And I loved it. I usually pick a stamp set and then start from there. This was so cool to have the card designed and then pick a set to go with it. Tues. color challenge was working well for me loved the eggplant saffron ruby red thing goin on, never would I have picked that combo. So I am workin along took a break and turned on the TV the ceremony for Virginia Tech was on low and behold the card I was making was a Sympathy card. Coincidence I think not. I am so proud of this card and going to send it to the school. I know this is turning out to be a saga, I am just so thrilled that I finally got the courage to play the challenge game. I even set a goal with the challenge cards, do them for the week, take photos to upload once a week to my gallery, and mail out every single one I do. I suck at the mailing thing. Thank you to the people who work to make this part of the site I will be forever grateful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree - the Challenges are AWESOME!! They really stretch you as a stamper and make you try things you wouldn't otherwise. Yesterday I made one of those Triangle Trifold cards and it was SO much easier than I expected - it was FUN and I'll be doing another one soon! I love the Color Challenges, and the Sketch ones... Let's just say I love them ALL!! Even if you do just a couple a week, you'll really grow as a stamper!

Kudos to all the gals who host these challenges weekly, and the incredibly talented stampers who are so quick to post their samples!
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 05:05 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

The challenges are super, but did you know that we have our own 'demo challenge' on this side to?

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 05:28 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

No Patty I am not familiar with it. Guide me please.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 05:42 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Yay for you for jumping in and trying the challenge! I agree w/Soozie4Him, they get you out of your tried and true and force you to expand your skills!

going to check out your gallery now..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 06:15 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Check it out. It was started by BSDemostrators, the purpose is to get more ideas in the Demo gallery of work we could present at workshops or stamp camps

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyb
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Check it out. It was started by BSDemostrators, the purpose is to get more ideas in the Demo gallery of work we could present at workshops or stamp camps
You need the demo planner to play, don't u? I wanted to, but didn't need the demo planner. If there's a way to play w/out it, let us know!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2007, 07:48 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekgirl415
You need the demo planner to play, don't u? I wanted to, but didn't need the demo planner. If there's a way to play w/out it, let us know!!!
The sketches and colour combos are posted on the main thread each month so no, you DON'T need the DP to play!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2007, 09:07 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Location: DH and I driving the yacht on Christmas vacation in Cancun

Wow! I was just perusing the threads, trying to catch up on what I missed this week when I found this thread! Thanks ladies for mentioning the DP challenge! Any demo can play as long as they have access to the "other side"! LOL.

And, in case you're wondering, even though the dp is being phased out, we'll keep playing. We have access to all of last year's templates and once those run out, we'll start using other sources!

My Stampin' Up! Blog
My Brand New Ustream Channel (join me the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month)
My Mom's Painting Blog. Comments would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes