Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1449Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #121
Glitter Guru

OK, here is my funny Christmas story for 2013......for those who don't "know" me....I am retired, reared 4 children and love to decorate for Christmas....We moved into town 2 + years ago and I didn't unpack all the decorations the first year.....and still didn't unpack all even last year......but this year, DH is like a 10 year old boy at Christmas instead of the almost 70 year old that he is---said" You are going to use the Christmas glasses this year aren't you?" Now, please understand that I had purchased a set of 8 and we have 7 others collected from various fast food shops that gave them as "gifts" with a meal. The fast food ones were always heavier and looked more elegant than the set I purchased.....but in the course of Christmas dinners for 6-15 we used them every year while on the "farm". and used the dishwasher to wash them in too.
So-----I unpacked them and we used them this past weekend when DS1, wife and Mr. H were here for Christmas. Placed them in the dishwasher and let it run with a full load of dinnerware. When we took them out,,,,,all that remained of the colored wreath and berry design was a faint whiteish shadow....and it wiped off on your hands or on a paper towel. We have absolutely no clue as to why that would happen. well water vs. town water? Cascade pour in powder vs the new dissolvable pacs? Use of lemi-shine to cut the hard water film? Who knows.....but I now have 8 useable PLAIN glasses.......and the other 7 aren't going in the dishwasher ever.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-209 done only 283+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-30 and sweating

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
JAM123 likes this post.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #122
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Oh Pansy! How terrible!

Tough, I think it's funny your hubby wanted the Christmas glasses. I made Chex Mix this year. DH's hubby used to send it every year but stopped, probably because she thought I made it. Got an "I Love You" for that. Chex Mix, seriously?
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #123
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

oh no Pansy!
( I dont have a dishwasher, that is quite horrible)

Merry Christmas ladies!!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #124
Matboard Maniac

This sounds like fun, sign me up and I'll list my goals tomorrow.

Linda
Old 12-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #125
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BOXING DAY!

To all my SCS friends who honor this day!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Pansy, that is quite a Christmas story. Seems very strange that the design would dissolve in the dishwasher when it hadn't in your previous one.

Jen, I made tons of Chex Party Mix this year. Sent a lot of it in packages to family members who live in WA.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #127
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingstamper View Post
I hope everyone gets well by Christmas. It's no fun spending holidays feeling bad.

Sounds like Stacy is determined to shop. She must be making room for new things.

Yay, Tammy (tjs kids) is joining us. I'll turn her into a cardmaker and make her use those paper scraps. Welcome Miss Tammy. Glad to have you joining in the fun.

To all of my WRAK friends, this is my online scrapping buddy whom I sometimes refer to in threads. We share packs of scrapping supplies with one another. We try to scrap together about once a week. Yes, we we have met in real life too. We are convinced that we must be related somehow. Glad she is joining in at SCS?

Since I probably won't be on tomorrow , I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas! I will be doing most of the festivities Christmas eve and then another special meal Christmas day.
Have you and tjskids ever checked out the SCS scrapbooking threads? If you scrap, we'd love to see you there too! Scrapbook Goals Challenges Forum - Monthly Scrapbook Goals & More

I'm getting excited about starting to make cards again and use up all these supplies I've been hoarding for what seems like forever. About 7 years ago I thought my DH was going to move us all to CT so I bought everything I could to prepare to be a SAHM but that never happened; however, I've got enought supplies to last a lifetime now Only a few more days to go till we start
Old 12-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #128
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the 100 day info! I made cards today! I think I have 8 done. I have one more to go. They are for a swap. In this swap you mail card kits and get card kits. Then you have to make cards from the kits and send them out. It is fun but many of the images are way way out of my comfort zone!!!! I am off to bed. Good night all.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #129
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

We do have to wait for Jan 1 to start making for it to count right?

As for other goals, I want to use some of my lesser used stamps, stop freaking out if I get close to using up an embellishment, and send at least 12 cards a month. Not sure what else. Mostly just use stuff I already have.
Gallery Blog
luvtostampstampstamp likes this post.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #130
Swapper of the Month February 2013

I hope you all had a great Christmas! So what about New Years? Big plans? Resolutions? Or goals? Any good crafty presents?

Christmas for us was quiet. We had my mom and brother over for dinner. As for gifts - DH and I don't buy for each other. My mom did give us $ and we both have used ours already! LOL!! DH bought a work bench (used bonus $ and his Christmas $) and I had a Pat Catan's coupon (Yep Lela...I know you're laughing! LOL!!) and bought the last 2 sets of Spectrum Noir markers to complete my set.

Today I took the Christmas tree down and are trying to get our house back in order. DH has been painting the bathroom...for the last 2 days...LOL!!...and it's not done yet...LOL!!! Not even the first coat - LOL!!

Tomorrow he will go to breakfast with the men from church and then help some at church tearing down from the children's Christmas program. I'll have some time to be make some cards.

Sunday will be church and then Monday we'll finish the bathroom. Tuesday DH has to work (I'll still be off). Tuesday night is church. We'll be home around 8:30 or 9pm. Then we'll have off Wed for New Years then we're both back to work on Thursday.

We haven't been going to the gym and really need to start doing that. I thought maybe tonight but if not, certainly tomorrow!

So what about all of you?
Lmn likes this post.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Zella! We had a nice quiet Christmas day too. Our youngest son and a friend were over dinner, the smallest we've ever had. Our oldest son just moved to Peoria, IL and was unable to be here for Christmas. I really missed him! Christmas decorations are still up. I used to take them down on New Year's Day but we are invited to a friend's 80th birthday party on the first. I'm thinking I'll keep the decorations up through Epiphany, Jan. 6th. I have lots of cards to make for 1 swap due the end of Dec. and 5 birthdays the first 10 days of Dec.! DH and I also need to get back on our walking program. Haven't done too well with that the last couple weeks. My sister invited us to her home which is about a half hour to 45 minute drive from our place to watch the Seattle Seahawk game on Sunday after church. Not sure I'm up for it.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #132
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

I so need this!

Old 12-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #133
Stampin' Fool

Oh Pansy, that's a bummer! Sounds like the Lemi shine worked too well!

Terry, thanks for the invite. I will have to check into that. I have only spent a brief amount of time in the scrapping section. I never have enough time to make cards and scrapbook all of the things that I would like.

Pia, that sounds like a very interesting swap. I usually don't spend as much time at SCS as I would like. Maybe that should be one of my things to try and do in 2014.

My Christmas was filled with lots of Scrappin and Stampin supplies. I did receive an inexpensive 7 inch Tablet for surfin the net while watching TV and to Watch Hulu in my craft room. My daughter gave me a micro SD card for my Camera and everything else was for the craft room. I have plenty of new stamps, markers, dies and Cricut carts to keep me busy for a very long time.

I would like to get some Christmas Gift tags made for next year. Then I will have tags that go with my wrapping paper all ready to go for next year. I have added that to my 100 list. Along with craft fair items. I would really like to give that a go and see what happens. I also want to whittle down the items in my desk basket of completed images that have not been used and the misc. extra things that get made. You know the ones that never make it on a project. I can't throw that work away but it needs a good sifting through to use things up.

I have been stamping items for other people and as I do that, I stamp some images for myself since the stamps are already inked. Then I can color images at night when I watch TV. That way I can keep up with the 100 projects. I will be ready to color by the 1st.

That reminds me of what Zella asked about New Years. I usually prepare what my daughter refers to as fundo night for New Years Eve. It takes most of 2 days to prepare. We have cheese fondue with veggies and bread as the 1st course. Then we have thinly sliced meat/seafood and slices of veggies that get cooked in a court bouillon at the table. This is served with 3 to 5 dipping sauces. The evening is rounded out with chocolate fondue with Angel food cake, marshmallow and assorted fruits as we ring in the new year. Sometimes other family members and friends are invited too.
Video Tutorials
2014-100 by 100 - First Round (178 completed)Round 2 100 x 100 2014 (4 complete)
DCinkit, ashjoy and JAM123 like this post.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #134
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Wow Paula, you are really adding to the challenge. 12 cards a month is a great goal!

I'm going to give this a try as well. My only issue is the blogging, I have been very lax with that the last few months! Time to start the new year off right!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #135
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

That is weird Pansy! We had a nice Christmas here. We celebrated with my inlaws last weekend. Christmas Eve was at my parents after 4:00 Mass. My youngest is in the choir. Christmas morning we decided to do a later breakfast/brunch at our house. We always have breakfast but started at 10 this year instead of 9. It was nice having the extra time. Then we went to my parents for a very small lunch.

Today we started birthday celebrating. My little one turns 9 tomorrow. We went out for Chinese food. Tomorrow is a party at laser tag.

I made more cards today.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #136
luvstochatchatCHAT

Location: In the land of sweet and unexpected (but prayed for!) baby bliss

This sounds wonderful! I need to start somewhere! And DSP...whew, I have a TON that desperately needs using up. I would love to see what others do with it!! And I have TONS of inspiration on my Pinterest stamping board.

I have a 6 mo. baby girl and two older girls, so my craft time has been super limited, but something has to change so that I have cards to send out when I need them! I have a new light that DH just installed for me and it's wonderful but hasn't been put to good use yet.

I went to buy two cards today and just couldn't do it at $2-$3 a piece and DH commented about the $1000s of stamping supplies I have in my corner!!!

Not sure how I will break it all down either. Blogging/posting will be my biggest challenge also!

But I do have quite a stash of new stuff too....buying but not stamping!!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #137
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingstamper View Post
That reminds me of what Zella asked about New Years. I usually prepare what my daughter refers to as fundo night for New Years Eve. It takes most of 2 days to prepare. We have cheese fondue with veggies and bread as the 1st course. Then we have thinly sliced meat/seafood and slices of veggies that get cooked in a court bouillon at the table. This is served with 3 to 5 dipping sauces. The evening is rounded out with chocolate fondue with Angel food cake, marshmallow and assorted fruits as we ring in the new year. Sometimes other family members and friends are invited too.
YUM!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #138
Stazon Splitcoast

GOOD MORNING, STAMPERS!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #139
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Pansy--I subbing for now too.......................... I see many of my stamping friends here and some did an awesome job in 2013.
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Birthday Cards for Adults and Children ~ Due September 25th
Back to School Cards ~ Due October 1st ~ With Prizes!
New Card Swap ~ Fall Colors ~ Due October 17th ~ With Prizes
Old 12-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #140
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM123 View Post
YUM!
Lol! Foodies unite!
Video Tutorials
2014-100 by 100 - First Round (178 completed)Round 2 100 x 100 2014 (4 complete)
Old 12-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #141
Glitter Guru

Paula, we always do fondue for New Year's Eve too. But we just do a cheese fondue with bread and veggies and cornichons. Always yummy and fun! I'll just need to bake the baguette and my husband will make the fondue.

Getting close to the first! Excited to start, glad to see so many people joining in!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #142
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

We don't do much for New Years, just snacks and sea food. I wouldn't mind a quiet night home then some time in the craft room New Year's Day, but dh hasn't decided what he wants to do yet.

Condo sounds yummy. We can never get the cheese right.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #143
Matboard Maniac

Hi Pansy and everyone else who's here!

Thanks for starting this thread, Pansy! I posted to the old 100in100 thread where we are since I thought others might be wondering too.

Starting on Jan 1st, I'm going to:
--make 100 projects (cards, art journal pages, LOs, ATCs, ?),
--send 100 cards (RAKs and DAKs),
--try to use more of my stashed embellishments on my projects.

Woohoo! It's almost GO TIME!

I joined the Fan Club to get Dirty!

challenging myself to make 100 in 100
Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #144
Crimping Master

I'm in this year.

I have big goals..

1)A card a day for the year
2)All my unfinished scrapbook pages done & in albums
3)Use all my stamps at least once
4)Sort my stash, including creating an inventory
5)Sell off stuff I don't want
tishahendricks and russnzella like this post.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #145
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to soaksupthesun

Please sign me up. I'm going to start off with OSW, which looks like fun and challenging. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #146
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yay

I'm In ... I found you! Thanks Tisha for posting on the old thread! I didn't see this one sooner. I got organizing done earlier this week so I'm ready to start!

I had so much fun with this challenge last year! Looking forward to another round. I'm not sure what my goals are going to be so I'll just start out hoping to get an average of a card per day. It will be a few more beginning January because I'll be traveling for work toward the end of the month but that's what is so great about this challenge, just doin' what works to get cards done and using stash.

Oh and Zella .... I did chuckle about you and PC's coupons....
tishahendricks and russnzella like this post.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #147
Stampin' Fool

I'll try again this year. I did get close last year but was not so good at posting.

VSN Mini Friday, May 2
VSN Main Friday & Saturday, June 6 & 7
tishahendricks likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #148
Crimping Master

Good morning ladies! Thanks Pansy for doing this challenge again. I'm gonna try it again...main goal to post the cards. Gotta use up lots of stash and more layering should help.
lazylizard and tishahendricks like this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #149
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
We do have to wait for Jan 1 to start making for it to count right?

As for other goals, I want to use some of my lesser used stamps, stop freaking out if I get close to using up an embellishment, and send at least 12 cards a month. Not sure what else. Mostly just use stuff I already have.
I asked last week if people were stamping this weekend to have something to post during the middle of the week and most people who make things on the weekends said yes...

<---- guilty.
I had made some stuff yesterday and friday that is on the blog already but, have more photos of things not posted yet. was planning to make up some blog posts starting with tomorrow and see how far it carries me a long. ( might be enough to make it to next weekend)
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #150
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

I'm not calling anyone out, Stacy! I was just seeing if I had misunderstood.

I have to make DH an anniversary card today, nothing like waiting for the day of.
Gallery Blog
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #151
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

no I understand that what I am telling you is I have made something for wed already... but, If I make more stuff I could move things around.

I am considering making my thing to be the do the daily challenges ( even if I end up "behind" and have to do them the previous weeks worth the next weekend)

the part that would make this a challenge is doing the ones I don't like to do or look at that and think what would you do with the card afterwards type thoughts?

that would be a challenge for me to make them anyways, no excuses.
that being said today's featured stamper has an awesome gallery from what I have seen so far and I found something I really want to CASE
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #152
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

you know what the worst part is?

I am sitting here ( watching the favorites thread for a bit while breakfast cooks) and debating placing lots of orders just because of this challenge starts on Wed.

and then I laugh at my self and think what is the point of that?

but, I do not have enough ATG tape to make 100 cards left so, I will need to order glue in the next couple of days for sure.
mrslaird, grateful2bsaved and ashjoy like this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

GOOD MORNING!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #154
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy
Atg is an absolute necessity! Maybe you could make a deal with yourself that for every 20 cards or so made you can get something. I want to focus in getting stuff made rather than not buying. I really cut back on buying last year so I am okay!
lazylizard likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

And I believe with this challenge they ask you to use papers, etc. that you already have, but you can purchase ATG or whatever you use for putting things together as you need it.
Am I correct Pansy?

Besides - I see coupons fpr Michael's & A.C. Moore & Joann's today - you can use those before 1/1/2014.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #156
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
I'm In ... I found you! Thanks Tisha for posting on the old thread! I didn't see this one sooner. I got organizing done earlier this week so I'm ready to start!

I had so much fun with this challenge last year! Looking forward to another round. I'm not sure what my goals are going to be so I'll just start out hoping to get an average of a card per day. It will be a few more beginning January because I'll be traveling for work toward the end of the month but that's what is so great about this challenge, just doin' what works to get cards done and using stash.

Oh and Zella .... I did chuckle about you and PC's coupons....
Hi Lela! Fancy seeing you "here" too! I'm going to do my best this year to use up supplies and since I don't like to do traditional scrapping, I figured this might be my best bet
Lmn likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #157
Compulsive Stamper

I can do this ... right???

Count me in!

Thanks!
Kathleen Curry and JBgreendawn like this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #158
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Hi Lela! Fancy seeing you "here" too! I'm going to do my best this year to use up supplies and since I don't like to do traditional scrapping, I figured this might be my best bet
Hi Terry! I think it's a super idea...Cards are a great way to use up your paper stash since you digi-scrap now! I'm with you. I have stamps and 6x6 pads that are collecting dust because I don't use them scrapping-perfect for cards.

I've printed some sketches hoping having some ready and not having to search will help ....

Happy Sunday
Old 12-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #159
Glitter Guru

Stacy, you made me laugh! Hurry and order before Wed. I saw those cute stocking g/c holders on your blog and had to order that die before the first!

I'm thinking I might try and do one Christmas card or project per week all year to use up some stuff. And my MIL keeps asking me to do a table at her church bazaar, and I never plan well enough, so maybe this would help me.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #160
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Kathy, I'm thinking... about that stocking... and Im thinking I can tweak it somehow into baby booties instead of Christmas stockings and use it in the spring time I "think" so far this is only in my head though, have not actually done it, got my Christmas gift thank-you cards done today instead.