In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #241
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smokiesgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere between fantasy land & the sea
Posts: 12,328
Default

Just found out that my LSS is going out of business. I will have to check it out. My no spend might be altered a little, but I am almost at the end of the month anyway. I really want a pink chair and I think they may be selling those too.
__________________
Dell
DoodleDivaDesigns(my craft blog)
DinnerDell(my cooking blog)


I am a life artist and love it!
smokiesgal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #242
Pearl-ExPert
 
Siberian Stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York State
Posts: 2,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
It arrived - it arrived!!! And wow - neat goodies!

Ok, so now who gets it???
Just give a shout out here, in the thread, and someone will be game Glad you got it
__________________
Anna.

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Siberian Stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #243
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,528
Talking YUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I think the goal is that at the end of this year we will have only purchased stamps, paper, etc that we really used . And that we kept within our budgets.
I ABSOLUTELY Agree! We'll get to the end of 2012 and have used all of the goodies we've bought, reduced impulse spending by putting thought into purchases ... It's all good!
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 133/144 Pages; Cards: 261/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' July
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #244
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,528
Arrow Time for

February Thread

WooHoo! I'll be posting our February Thread on Saturday, 01/28. Time to start thinking of your Personal Challenge Spending Choice for February
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 133/144 Pages; Cards: 261/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' July
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #245
Stampin' Fool
 
hoptownracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,410
Default

O.k., maybe I can start Febuary fresh! Fell off the wagon a little today. Will have to get back on the horse! Today was a rough day, so not going to beat myself up too bad about it. Tomorrow is another day!
hoptownracer1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #246
Polyshrink Goddess
 
DianneB1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 674
Default

I didn't realize untill this weekend that this was my month to be hostess at stamp club. I thought really hard about it, and went ahead and spent an extra $100 to bump my party sales up to $400. I got some dies and stamp sets that I WILL use and had on my list to get over the next few months anyway, so it wasn't exactly impulse spending, was it? I still need to get my paper trimmer blade and Xyron refill, but those are necessities. I just won't be buying any stamps or other goodies for the next few months as I overspent this month. By placing the order now I got a lot of the things I was going to get later anyway free, and one die at 1/2 price, as well as some SAB goodies. I'm hoping it was a wise bargain, rather than an impulsive splurge.
__________________
Dianne
DianneB1030@gmail.com

Free cat hair with every card!
DianneB1030 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #247
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Hello Everyone....Just thought that I would touch base with you all. I have had a great week this week...Have got lots of cards done and out of the way for family birthdays and of course Valentines is now finished. Made my receipt box which I will take pics late and add....not as exciting as any of the others I am sure. I covered the whole box but only jazzed up one end as it will have to live in my bookcase so that is all that will be seen.

I have been to the retirement villages here (we have 2 ) not only am I sending the elderly cards I am now incharge of papercraft activities at both centres so I will be doing half a day at each centre each fortnight which is great cos finally I have something to get me out of home a bit too. Just means that I am going to have to do lots of organising and stuff but we will see how we go.....

Also I still have spent nothing on craft for the month....went shopping today and walked straight on past......

Oh and just a quick question.....If I buy supplies for the Elderly that is being donated to the centre and not used on me...Is this counted??????

Have a great day Everyone....Kerry-Ann
__________________
Life Is What You Make Of It.......
kec812 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #248
Swapper of the Month February 2013
 
russnzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in chaos
Posts: 4,718
Thumbs up Travelling box of goodies....bursting at the seams!

Alright Ladies - I received the travelling box of goodies...and am ready to send it on the next person who would like to take a look, grab a few goodies, and add a few goodies. So...who's game? Need a teaser? Alright... the box includes stamps, a punch, dsp, ink, envies, ribbon, puffy stickers, and I haven't quite decided but maybe even a tool or two if I can fit it in....so who would like to receive it next?
russnzella is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #249
Polyshrink Goddess
 
DianneB1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kec812 View Post
Hello Everyone....Just thought that I would touch base with you all. I have had a great week this week...Have got lots of cards done and out of the way for family birthdays and of course Valentines is now finished. Made my receipt box which I will take pics late and add....not as exciting as any of the others I am sure. I covered the whole box but only jazzed up one end as it will have to live in my bookcase so that is all that will be seen.

I have been to the retirement villages here (we have 2 ) not only am I sending the elderly cards I am now incharge of papercraft activities at both centres so I will be doing half a day at each centre each fortnight which is great cos finally I have something to get me out of home a bit too. Just means that I am going to have to do lots of organising and stuff but we will see how we go.....

Also I still have spent nothing on craft for the month....went shopping today and walked straight on past......

Oh and just a quick question.....If I buy supplies for the Elderly that is being donated to the centre and not used on me...Is this counted??????
Have a great day Everyone....Kerry-Ann
I think only you can decide what fits in your budget, but I would think supplies the retirement villages need for projects would go under the category of charitable contributions rather than craft spending. What a great project! I'm sure they will love doing papercrafting with you!
__________________
Dianne
DianneB1030@gmail.com

Free cat hair with every card!
DianneB1030 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #250
Glitter Guru
 
T. Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneB1030 View Post
I didn't realize untill this weekend that this was my month to be hostess at stamp club. I thought really hard about it, and went ahead and spent an extra $100 to bump my party sales up to $400. I got some dies and stamp sets that I WILL use and had on my list to get over the next few months anyway, so it wasn't exactly impulse spending, was it? I still need to get my paper trimmer blade and Xyron refill, but those are necessities. I just won't be buying any stamps or other goodies for the next few months as I overspent this month. By placing the order now I got a lot of the things I was going to get later anyway free, and one die at 1/2 price, as well as some SAB goodies. I'm hoping it was a wise bargain, rather than an impulsive splurge.
If those are things that you will use and enjoy then I think it was a wise bargain! My problem would be that I would see something on sale the next month and think - Oh! I need that, too!!!
__________________
Tricia :)
My Blog ** My Gallery
T. Joy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #251
Polyshrink Goddess
 
DianneB1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 674
Default

Well, today I went to Archiver's, JoAnn's and my LSS. At Archiver's I used a 30% coupon and got my Xyron refill, and 10 pieces of cardstock with a buy 5 get 5 free coupon (the pinks I needed for baby cards for the pregnancy center), and spent $2.48 after they deducted my $5 gift card that had to be used by the end of January. At JoAnn's I got my much needed Fiskars paper cutter replacement blade, it was on sale and I had a 20% off coupon, and I didn't buy a thing at the LSS, so I'm pretty pleased with how I did today.
__________________
Dianne
DianneB1030@gmail.com

Free cat hair with every card!
DianneB1030 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #252
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kec812 View Post
If I buy supplies for the Elderly that is being donated to the centre and not used on me...Is this counted??????
That's really up to you to decide. This is your budget and your rules. We are just here to support you in the choices you make.

If it were me, I'd consider any tool and other non-consumable purchases into my personal budget. If you decide to buy a heart punch so the seniors can make a heart card, figure it into your budget--or use a heart stamp that you have on hand instead. Doing this might keep you from being tricked into giving yourself permission to buy goodies that you normally wouldn't purchase for yourself.

Then, I'd buy consumables (paper, glue, ink, etc) that will be used ONLY for the senior classes--buy them separate from any of your personal craft purchases and store your receipts for these items in a separate envelope--and consider these expenses a donation, a portion of which you can legally write off on your taxes.
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #253
Polyshrink Goddess
 
DianneB1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
That's really up to you to decide. This is your budget and your rules. We are just here to support you in the choices you make.

If it were me, I'd consider any tool and other non-consumable purchases into my personal budget. If you decide to buy a heart punch so the seniors can make a heart card, figure it into your budget--or use a heart stamp that you have on hand instead. Doing this might keep you from being tricked into giving yourself permission to buy goodies that you normally wouldn't purchase for yourself.

Then, I'd buy consumables (paper, glue, ink, etc) that will be used ONLY for the senior classes--buy them separate from any of your personal craft purchases and store your receipts for these items in a separate envelope--and consider these expenses a donation, a portion of which you can legally write off on your taxes.
Very good point about the tools, I was only thinking about consumables when I answered.
__________________
Dianne
DianneB1030@gmail.com

Free cat hair with every card!
DianneB1030 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #254
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smokiesgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere between fantasy land & the sea
Posts: 12,328
Default

Okay. So I too had a spendaholic night last night. My LSS is going out of business and everything marked down. I got over 400 sheets of Bazzil cardstock, a leather album with refills, inky spray, Tim Holtz trunk, and a pink chair for my office for a little over $100.00!!! I was so thrilled!!! I wasn't going to spend and been so good this month but could not pass these bargains up!

Then took a lot of my older goodies to work today and had a sale out of my truck at lunchtime. I sold over $300.00 worth of stuff!!! So happy to retrieve what I spent and that someone else will enjoy stamps sets and such that I don't use anymore.
__________________
Dell
DoodleDivaDesigns(my craft blog)
DinnerDell(my cooking blog)


I am a life artist and love it!
smokiesgal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #255
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Okay. So I too had a spendaholic night last night. My LSS is going out of business and everything marked down. I got over 400 sheets of Bazzil cardstock, a leather album with refills, inky spray, Tim Holtz trunk, and a pink chair for my office for a little over $100.00!!! I was so thrilled!!! I wasn't going to spend and been so good this month but could not pass these bargains up!

Then took a lot of my older goodies to work today and had a sale out of my truck at lunchtime. I sold over $300.00 worth of stuff!!! So happy to retrieve what I spent and that someone else will enjoy stamps sets and such that I don't use anymore.
That's great you sold over $300. I'm getting this visual in my mind of you selling out of your truck , Congrats on your new stuff.
__________________
**June K**
Stamper for fun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #256
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,528
Thumbs up Me Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
Alright Ladies - I received the travelling box of goodies...and am ready to send it on the next person who would like to take a look, grab a few goodies, and add a few goodies. So...who's game? Need a teaser? Alright... the box includes stamps, a punch, dsp, ink, envies, ribbon, puffy stickers, and I haven't quite decided but maybe even a tool or two if I can fit it in....so who would like to receive it next?
Hey Zella, let's meet for a coffee and you can "bring" the box with you, LOL! I hope there is some room in the box as I set aside some NIP goodies in my stash before I left for this trip to add to the "traveling stash" as I haven't used them and hope one of you will want to.
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 133/144 Pages; Cards: 261/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' July
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #257
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,528
Arrow My Thoughts

I know some of you have posted that you "spent money" or fell off the plan but REALLY I don't think we have? You see ... this challenge is about being more conscientious about what we buy and when. All of of the expenditures seem to have been put through a review process and there is a plan for use.

For me this month was coming to the realization that I don't need to buy every "cute" thing I see and I can be creative, crafty and productive without constantly spending. I think we all just want to do a better job of managing the process and add only to our supplies what we'll USE versus what will just take up space.

It's a personal challenge so what you include and don't include is up to you. Feel good about the process and learning to stretch your bounds
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 133/144 Pages; Cards: 261/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' July
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #258
Stampin' Fool
 
hoptownracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
I know some of you have posted that you "spent money" or fell off the plan but REALLY I don't think we have? You see ... this challenge is about being more conscientious about what we buy and when. All of of the expenditures seem to have been put through a review process and there is a plan for use.

For me this month was coming to the realization that I don't need to buy every "cute" thing I see and I can be creative, crafty and productive without constantly spending. I think we all just want to do a better job of managing the process and add only to our supplies what we'll USE versus what will just take up space.

It's a personal challenge so what you include and don't include is up to you. Feel good about the process and learning to stretch your bounds
Thank you for the support! I like that this isn't a pass or fail challenge, because if it were, I would fail, fail, fail. But it is making me slow down and think about "why" more. Maybe I should just give myself a small "cash" budget; that would eliminate spending on the internet. I did notice when I was feeling better and exercising, I wasn't thinking about spending on anything. Was sick today and not able to exercise, but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I've actually missed not dancing and sporting with the Wii. Not able to do with dizzy head and lightheadedness though. I think I need to find another way to compensate and cope when I'm sick or down.
hoptownracer1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #259
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
I got over 400 sheets of Bazzil cardstock, a leather album with refills, inky spray, Tim Holtz trunk, and a pink chair for my office for a little over $100.00!!! . . . Then took a lot of my older goodies to work today and had a sale out of my truck at lunchtime. I sold over $300.00 worth of stuff!!!
Sometimes, we have to be flexible to be a savvy shopper. That could mean passing up and 80% off clearance sale on items we probably won't use. Or it could mean digging deeper into our pockets to make one big unplanned purchase when there is a deal of a lifetime dangling in our faces.

And if you can make your unwanted items pay for that purchase (and add a little padding to your craft fund) so much the better!

I think you got a killer deal ... and I'm so glad you were able to get your hands on one of the pink chairs you wanted.
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #260
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

I gave myself a budget of $25 for January, but in the back of my mind told myself I'd not spend anything. I almost made it, but broke down today and I'm glad I did.

I was in need of more Ribbon Ring tags for my room organization and had planned to buy them next month. But another SCS member was getting rid of hers, so we made a deal. Today, I gave her $5.75 for something she no longer wants and I get my Ribbon Ring tags for $5.50 less than they would have cost me for a new set. It was a win-win situation.
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 AM   #261
Swapper of the Month February 2013
 
russnzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in chaos
Posts: 4,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
Hey Zella, let's meet for a coffee and you can "bring" the box with you, LOL! I hope there is some room in the box as I set aside some NIP goodies in my stash before I left for this trip to add to the "traveling stash" as I haven't used them and hope one of you will want to.
Hey Lela - are you in town this weekend? If so - are you a morning person? How about meeting at Barnes & Noble (yep - the bookstore across from Chili's in Montrose on Rt1 at 9am? They open at 9am on Saturdays and they have a cute little coffee shop right inside the door to the left. Russ will probably be with me.....we are joined at the hip on the weekends since our time is limited. This way Russ can wonder off through the store if he gets bored. Saturday is the day we get all our errands done and basically everything done cause it's our only day off - but gee, sometimes you have to stop and drink some coffee...and even have a danish! LOL!!!
russnzella is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #262
Glitter Queen
 
cargren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontariio Canada
Posts: 24
Default

Well the month is over and just today I spend a grand total of 11.98 for a Echo Park Festive Collections Pack - 2 stamp sets and two chipboard sheets (mind you they are for christmas but that is ok with me) from Peachy Cheap.

CA
__________________
Carol-Anne
http://cargren.wordpress.com/
cargren is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #263
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargren View Post
Well the month is over and just today I spend a grand total of 11.98 for a Echo Park Festive Collections Pack - 2 stamp sets and two chipboard sheets
New paper, new stamps some embellies and you still stayed within your budget. Congratulations!
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #264
Stampin' Fool
 
hoptownracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,410
Smile

Wow! That is awesome!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cargren View Post
Well the month is over and just today I spend a grand total of 11.98 for a Echo Park Festive Collections Pack - 2 stamp sets and two chipboard sheets (mind you they are for christmas but that is ok with me) from Peachy Cheap.

CA
hoptownracer1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #265
Pearl-ExPert
 
Siberian Stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York State
Posts: 2,711
Default

OK, I have been a good girl and spent nothing on crafts in January. February will be tougher due to SU's Sale-a-bration and a couple of other new releases I am drooling over. I will go with no more than 100$ this month. What is everyone else planning?
__________________
Anna.

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Siberian Stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #266
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Stamper View Post
I will go with no more than 100$ this month. What is everyone else planning?
I have $19.25 left from my $25 January budget that I'm going to add to my Feb $25 budget. So, my February budget will be $44.25. What I don't use in February will roll over to March.
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #267
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,529
Default

I decided to forgo Sell-A Bration this year . There is nothing that grabs my attention and I have other things I want. Like the new Copic Colors

Buying things I may not use just to get free things doesn't make sense to me
__________________
"I have not failed . I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas A. Edison
Barbara Jay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #268
Polyshrink Goddess
 
flash&rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 506
Default

My goal for February is to purchase nothing. I just bought adhesive so there is nothing I currently need. And since I don't need - I don't want to buy. Here's hoping my willpower stays strong...

Good luck to everyone in February!
__________________
Elizabeth
---------------------------------------
Hand over the chocolate, and no one will get hurt!
flash&rusty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #269
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
That's great you sold over $300. I'm getting this visual in my mind of you selling out of your truck , Congrats on your new stuff.
LOL...me too and wishing I was there! But then I would have messed up my budget so it worked out for me haha!

Nice job...sounds like you are 200 bux ahead!

Barbara...I think the same way.

Those who haven't quite done with their budgets what they want, I just want to ditto what LMN said...I really agree. Don't beat yourself up but give yourself some praise for being conscientious about the spending!

I need to see pics of the pink chairs as I may be jealous...lol!

I'm still on budget but I need to finish my receipt book.
Crafty Chelle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #270
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
Hey Lela - are you in town this weekend? If so - are you a morning person? How about meeting at Barnes & Noble (yep - the bookstore across from Chili's in Montrose on Rt1 at 9am? They open at 9am on Saturdays and they have a cute little coffee shop right inside the door to the left. Russ will probably be with me.....we are joined at the hip on the weekends since our time is limited. This way Russ can wonder off through the store if he gets bored. Saturday is the day we get all our errands done and basically everything done cause it's our only day off - but gee, sometimes you have to stop and drink some coffee...and even have a danish! LOL!!!
WOW, You guys live near each other...that is great!!

I think I will do as Melissa has suggested for non/consumables for charity.

Last edited by Crafty Chelle; 01-26-2012 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: To add to the post...
Crafty Chelle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #271
Swapper of the Month February 2013
 
russnzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in chaos
Posts: 4,718
Default

Lela, I checked my calendar when I got home and Saturday morning won't work after all - it's tax day! Yep, getting taxes done. Plus it's the one Saturday out of the month that the local pregnancy center is open and we have to be there for a bit (volunteer). It is jam packed into a flat rate box so I can pop it in the mail to you if you send me your addy. Sorry about Saturday.
russnzella is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #272
Watercolor Wizard
 
muzbysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,086
Default

Just tallied my receipts for January and I spent $28.88. That included postage to mail a swap package (and I am no longer joining swaps), an adhesive refill to put in the swap package, and an Inkadinkadoo Sympathy Stamp set (I had none and already used it for a sample VSN card). I also have a receipt for $2.47 that says "SB Coin-Wht" that I put in the box and I'll be darned if I can remember what it was for (the receipt is from Walmart not a specific craft store). This is more than my "use my stash" commitment BUT oh well. I used or gave away everything I bought.

I will be placing two SU orders between now and the end of February (one for a gal friend who I order from each quarter to help her make her minimum and one for the stamper's club I joined so I could hostess once a year) so my February budget will be large but.... we do what we have to do. I plan on stocking up on cardstock which should last me through the year at a minimum.
__________________
Lynn L
SCS # 5685
muzbysmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #273
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,726
Default

I think I have done pretty good for the month of January. I purged a lot of craft items that I no longer use. I gave some to Salvation Army and all my Stampin Up items I gave to a friend who is a demo. The first part of the month was dedicated to getting the house cleaned and organized, it took two weeks to do, but we got rid of a lot of stuff, made two truck load trips to Salvation Army, but it is all done. I have spent the last couple of days going through all my printed challenges, CASED images and techniques and I got rid of a lot of stuff that I don't need to have hard copies off, I recycled. After going through all the CASED images that I have I don't want to buy any more stamps. I have enough images for the stamps that I do have to last a lifetime. I did spend $40 near the beginning of the month but it was to get the rest of an order that was missing. I don't plan on spending anything in the month of February, mainly because my husband is going on a missions trip with our Church to Mexico and that has streched our finances for a little while. I have enough supplies on hand to be happy and play all month long with out needing anything. This thread is wonderful and I am glad that I am not the only one who has a problem with buying too much stuff. Thanks for keeping me accountable ladies. Good luck.
jackie1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #274
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,528
Talking February?

What does everyone think? New thread for February or just keep updating this one?
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 133/144 Pages; Cards: 261/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' July
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #275
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
What does everyone think? New thread for February or just keep updating this one?
I think updating this thread should be fine.
Are you able to update posts #2 & 3 to keep the current month's budgets and challenges up top?
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #276
Polyshrink Goddess
 
DianneB1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 674
Default

I'm ok with whatever is easiest for you Lela.
__________________
Dianne
DianneB1030@gmail.com

Free cat hair with every card!
DianneB1030 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #277
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,528
Talking Added February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
February Question of the Month
-- Have you thought about Downsizing your Stash?

February Challenge

-- Find 3 stamps/stamp sets that have been in your Stash that are still un-inked and show them some LOVE. Ink them up! Post links in the thread to your creations.

I decided to add February and we'll just keep this thread going at least for the first Quarter, then we can decide what's easiest. Here are the Feb Question of the Month and February Challenge
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 133/144 Pages; Cards: 261/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' July
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #278
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,726
Default

[QUOTE=Lmn;19020624]
February Question of the Month
-- Have you thought about Downsizing your Stash?

February Challenge

-- Find 3 stamps/stamp sets that have been in your Stash that are still un-inked and show them some LOVE. Ink them up! Post links in the thread to your creations.



Do I get bonus points if I have already done February's question of the month? LOL. I did some major downsizing of my stash the middle of January and it has made things so much easier to find and to play with.

I had already planned on using stamp sets that have not seen the light of day or ink since I first bought them, it is amazing how many stamps that I have in that category.

My budget for the month of February is $0, unless I find a good deal on the heart nesties, but they are not a prioriaty for me at this time. I will be going to the city the first weekend in February and I will see if they have them at Micheals and if they are a good price. Can you use coupons for nesties?
jackie1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #279
Stampin' Fool
 
dbrpuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,273
Default

Well the good new is I did 40 12 x 12 layouts and 5 cards so far this month. The bad news is I fell off the wagon. I spent $80.00 on paper, a new scrapbook album and page
protector. I am disabled and can't drive. So when I order online I get everything I need for about 3 months. My budget for February will be $20.00 for adhesive if I need it.
dbrpuppets is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #280
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,529
Default

I did a bit of soul searching as to why " looking forward to buying " is such a big part of this hobby. I think I discovered the answer for me. I don't know if it will help others curb spending.

When I started making cards I needed everything! It took more than 2 years to get all of the basics, good paper trimmer, a nice selection of cardstock, ink pads stamps, adhesives, etc.

I could not buy it all at once so "looking forward to buying" was a big part of this hobby for me. The Blog Hops, release parties and sales fed into the "looking forward to buying". Not to mention seeing wonderful new products from DT members

Now that I have all the basics I have decided to drastically cut back on my craft spending. In my opinion this hobby has consumed too much of my money in the past 2 + years . I don't go into debt, I pay cash, or if it is on the CC I pay it off when the bill comes . But I feel I spent more than I should on a hobby. However, now I feel a bit lost not looking forward to buying something.

I needed to change my outlook of this hobby and find techniques or projects I "look forward to Doing" rather than looking forward to buying.

This weekend I "look forward" to coloring my new fairy stamp . I have had it since late November and it has never been inked
__________________
"I have not failed . I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas A. Edison

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 01-28-2012 at 06:02 AM..
Barbara Jay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off