Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #441
Pearl-ExPert

I'll be inking a lot of new or forgotten stuff this month and next month - my mojo is back

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #442
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekerosiris View Post
well i guess i have not done so well in my week ive been with the group there was a die ive been looking into getting the last several months but its not on clearance yet so pretty expensive well joanns online put it on sale the other day with free shipping so i caved.........

im working on using stamps i have not used before and am half way through them.. i addopted a rondald mcdonald house near by so ill be making them some things with the stamps over the next couple of weeks.. .. Jodi
Hi Jodi, don't get discouraged! Hang in there, it takes a lot of willpower to resist those sales! It seems like I'm on every email list for every stamping/crafting company....I'm getting much better at just deleting without reading them....but sometimes it's so tempting!! I find that what works for me(most of the time) is to look at the email, flag it for later, and then if a couple of days go by, it seems like I really can get along without the item. It's that darn impulsive spending thing that gets me!! I think it goes hand-in-hand with being creative...

and good for you for adopting the Ronald Mcdonald house! That's a wonderful charity to support!! Do they need any "extra" crafting supplies/goodies? Maybe we could all send them the stuff we really don't need.... ?? It's a thought...? Any takers? (or should I say givers?!)
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #443
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
well i guess i have not done so well in my week ive been with the group there was a die ive been looking into getting the last several months but its not on clearance yet so pretty expensive well joanns online put it on sale the other day with free shipping so i caved and got it plus one other
Jodi, this isn't a NO SPEND thread. And we don't flog our fellow crafters when they go over budget.

This thread is about making well-though out choices. Not buying things we don't need, won't use or don't have room for.

Sounds to me like you did a good job. You wanted. You waited. You found it at a lesser price (free shipping to boot!) and went after it. Sounds like smart, thrifty shopping to me!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #444
Stampin' Fool

Four days left in this month and I'm already thinking about spending money in April.

Last month, I did an online survey and was promised a $35 gift card. Well, yesterday, that $35 Visa Debit card came in the mail.

I had most of my January budget left over and I carried it over to February. Then I had a little left over in February and I carried it over to March. This month, I spent it all but $2--meaning I met my targeted $25 per month budget for the first quarter of 2012. (Man how time flies!)

Since my first three months were mostly organizational purchases (Bygel rails & Ribbon Rings) I think I'm going to reward myself in April. I'm sticking with my $25 monthly budget, plus my leftover $2. And I'm rewarding myself with that $35 Visa gift card for being a "good girl" during this first quarter. I plan to spend it all $62 of it on FUN stuff, like dies and embossing folders!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #445
Matboard Maniac

Hey Melissa! Wow, a $35 gift card just for taking a survey...I always just delete those offers 'cause I figured they wouldn't follow thru on a gift card...hmm, have to rethink that next time I get a survey offer.

I'm visiting my sister for a few days, so that's a good reason NOT to purchase a lot of "stuff"--no room in the suitcase to take it home. (I know, I could always ship a box to myself....but I'm trying not to think about that!)

Are we setting April goals yet? Mine will be to NOT purchase any more stamp sets for the month. This month I bought one from CTMH, but that was on my list before I joined the forum...lol... I really need to set some card-making goals for April--lots of birthdays, and I would like to get a head-start on Christmas cards. And I really haven't put my crafting budget down on paper yet, so that's something I need to do, too.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #446
Pearl-ExPert

Hello, ladies!!! April's here!!! What are you budget plans for it???

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #447
Die Cut Diva

When I joined this thread my goal was to have 3 months of this year that I didn't buy anything.
I am going to try not to buy any craft items this month

Wish me luck!!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #448
Stampin' Fool

I can't believe how fast the first 1/4 of this year has flown by! My only regret is that I don't have much to show for the past three months. I hope my next three months are more productive.

Good news is that I stayed within budget those three months. And I have decided that I am indeed going to give myself that $35 gift card as a bonus. Woo-hoo!! I've got $62 to spend this month!! ($35 + $2 left from March + $25 monthly budget = $62.)

LizBeth, I am a member of MySurvey.com. They pay in points, 50 here and 300 there. When the points add up to 1,100 I can exchange them for a $10 Amazon card or $10 in Paypal cash. It has taken me 16 months to earn just shy of $90 in points. It was through that site that I got the offer to take the $35 survey. It included two weeks of tracking my daily snacking. Probably not worth $35 to some people, but I'm currently not working so it wasn't like I had anything else to do with my evenings.

Barbara, I think you will do very well with your no-spending month. I know you can do it, but I'll wish you luck anyway!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #449
Die Cut Diva

Melissa, Thanks for the encouragement.

I tried no spending in January and FAILED -- I bought some things
I tried no spending in February and FAILED.-- I bought a couple of things
I didn't try in March.
So this is my third attempt at a month with no spending

I think I need a new approach.
In the past when I was saving for something I had no problem making a choice on discretionary spending or saving for "X"
I need to come up with something I want that is not craft related and then I can say do I want this or save for "X" ?

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 04-01-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #450
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I think I need a new approach.
Perhaps total abstinence is not the answer. When you tell yourself that you can't have something, you want it all the more. At least that's how it is for me.

I guess that's why I give myself a small budget every month. That way I don't feel deprived. If I don't spend it all in the budgeted month, I allow myself to carry the extra over. When I have something extra to add to a new month, it feel like a reward.

Remember the GOAL. The goal is not buying only during a sale. The goal is not to buy only when we have a coupon. The goal is not deprivation. The goal is to think about our spending habits and be in control of our purchases.

If no-spending makes you fall off the wagon, then maybe you should consider a super small budget for those months instead.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #451
Die Cut Diva

I am not buying sale items or feeling I need to use coupons.
But when I saw the new shutters for the Memory Box Madison windows ( that I have) I just had to have them. I love the Madison Window.
Impulsive purchase maybe, but they are so perfect with the window die

Then I saw the grass die from MFT and it is the best grass die or punch I have seen. So I order that . It looks great with my fence die.
I have MS grass punch and it is too small for my liking

I am seeing things that enhance what I already have that make them more versatile .
I didn't plan not spending in March since I just got back to my Calligraphy and had no ink and my nibs had gotten rusty from being in storage for 30 years.
I had to buy ink and nibs .
I have a budget and in January and February I kept to it. I just wanted to try to go an entire month and not buy anything.
Looking at what I spent last year on crafts I am going to trim that way back. Last year I chose to buy craft items rather than some other things I should have bought. My sofa is 25 years old. It doesn't have stains or holes , but it is starting to look shabby. It needs to be replaced.

I think saving for the sofa will be my plan
Old 04-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #452
Mad Swapper

I accomplished my no spending in the month of March, mainly because I was in Mexico for 11 days of the month and after seeing all the poverty while I was there I realized that I am truly blessed with what I have so right now I don't have any desire to buy anything this month, but it is only the 1st of the month so that might change so I will budget for $50 this month. I did do some coloring and I made a couple of birthday cards from my stash in March.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #453
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking April's Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
April Question of the Month
--- What item do you purchase that always inspires you to buy a 2nd item in other words, what item can you just not buy one of?

April Challenge

--- Get out your Most Recent Stamp (set) purchased and use it for more than 1 card, page or altered item. In other words, use the same stamp(s) for a 2nd card, page or project.

Traveling Box of Stash[/B][/CENTER]
-- we have a box of "stash" we're sharing to curb the need for something new by sharing and recycling those items we won't use. We have a box that's being passed around. You take a few items and add a few items. If you would like to participate, sign up in the thread, you'll be PM'd for your address when it's your turn to receive the box
April is here and it's time to continue being careful crafty spenders. As mentioned, it's not about being deprived, it's about resisting urges to impulse spend, use what we have stashed and identify issues that cause us to over spend.

*** Also, just a reminder *** The traveling stash box is packed and ready for the next recipient.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #454
Compulsive Stamper

April question- What can I not stop at buying just one? Easy - PAPER! Even if I go to the local Michaels (our only scrapbook supply store here) for an emergency run with a specific color or cardstock I need right now, I'll come home with more than that one. Pretty paper lure me in just like pretty fabrics..

The challenge of using stamps for more than one page or card is easy- I don't buy them unless I plan on many, many uses. They are an expensive item on the budget, so it's an investment for me- which means I always plan on getting lots of use! Since I just got last month's order yesterday - I can't wait to see what I can do with the stamps and punch I got.

April budget- I've already paid for a card class and crop night at Michael's, but still have the Stampin Club night ($20 min, but I will be ordering paper for Christmas card making this month I think, so could be more. Also totally out of adhesive. So- this will be a bigger shopping month. I'm going to say $75 for the month.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #455
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to sekerosiris
Default Ronald M supplies!

hi sorry i havent been on in a while, yes any supplies craft/etc or cards any of you would like to make or donate to the wichita houses there are two here so since im the only one who has addopted i plan to split supplies/ cards between houses. here is my address if anyone would like to send any thing it would be very much appreciated please include somewhere in your package for RM house thanks!

Jodi seager
342 n madison
wichita ks 67214
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #456
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Hmmm, what one thing do I have to buy more than 1 of....I think it would have to be the basics like adhesive or pop dots. Seems like I never just buy one. Oh, and bling. Oh gee, I could just keep adding to the list too.....seems like I'm always a "more than one" shopper. And the sad thing is - that goes for just about everything I buy! Now why is it that 2 weeks ago when I went to Bath & Body Works for 1 birthday present (which was going to be body spray & lotion in her fave scent) I walked out with the planned birthday present, 2 candles, 4 extra lotions, 3 small antibacterial hand sanitizers, foaming soap...and a partridge in a pear tree! Ok, maybe not the last thing but you get the point.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #457
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
Remember the GOAL. The goal is not buying only during a sale. The goal is not to buy only when we have a coupon. The goal is not deprivation. The goal is to think about our spending habits and be in control of our purchases.
YIKES! I just read what I wrote and realized that it has a completely different meaning that intended.

Instead of saying "The goal is not to buy only when we have a coupon" it should be "Buying only when we have a coupon is not the goal". Same with the rest of the sentences. My original post made it sound like I was listing the goals, when instead I was trying to say those were not the intended goals.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #458
Stampin' Fool

[QUOTE=Barbara Jay;19318969when I saw the new shutters for the Memory Box Madison windows ( that I have) I just had to have them. I love the Madison Window.
Impulsive purchase maybe, but they are so perfect with the window die

Then I saw the grass die from MFT and it is the best grass die or punch I have seen. So I order that . It looks great with my fence die.
I have MS grass punch and it is too small for my liking [/QUOTE]

Did you get the GRAND Madison window? That's the one I've been drooling over for some time. I love making "window" cards, but never had a die. I have my eye on a couple of fence dies, too. Haven't made up my mind if I want picket or rod iron. I've not seen the MFT grass die. I've always just cut my own grass...unfortunately, it looks hand cut. ACK!

Last edited by melissa59; 04-02-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #459
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to sekerosiris
Default April question- What can I not stop at buying just one?

April question- What can I not stop at buying just one? well my vex that i have a hard time stopping at 1 is paper on sale or glitter on clearance i will buy every color that i dont have if they put it on clearance no matter if i have an inteded reason or thing to use it on or not i guess i feel like its glitter ill will use it all and what ive found out is that only the xfine glitter works for the projects that i like to do the most ] so here my drawr is full of reg glitter but the children like to use it i dont know what else to use it for mabye one day ill get creative and make some paper. i plan in the future to only buy xfine no matter what goes on sale~
Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #460
Mad Swapper

I am one of those people who has to buy every color of something, example Twinkling H2O's, ink, markers, copics, flower soft etc. I am a little OCD when it comes to colors especially when it is a product that I really like to use. I do buy more than one of adhesives, but that is mainly because I live in a small town and the nearest store for buying craft supplies is 2 hrs away and I would hate to run out of adhesive in the middle of a project.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #461
Glitter Guru

Hi all! I haven't been on for awhile, but reading back it looks like everyone is doing a great job thinking through their spending. Let's see... April's question... The time I have a hard time buying just one thing - no matter what it is - is when I'm buying online and there is free shipping if I spend XXX amount of dollars. It kills me to spend $5 - $7 on shipping (even though the gas for going to the store might cost me more...) when I could spend "just a little more" and get the shipping for free. Sometimes, if I'm close to the free shipping amount it does make sense to up it to that point, but if I only need to place a $10 order for kraft paper or adhesive or I'd like to get one stamp set from a new release, and I find myself trying to dig out an extra $40 from somewhere, well, that's a problem!

You know, one of the things I almost wish I had never done was get away from being an SU only girl. When that was my only choice I planned my spending much better. I picked sets I would use over and over again and I didn't worry so much about having the newest embellishments and designer paper. I joined the challenges on SCS and didn't worry about the multitude of others out there, and I didn't feel like I had to keep up with the latest trends. What are your thoughts on that? Are any of you a "one company" person??

Tricia
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #462

I'm not a "one-company" kind of gal.....I like having the variety of different companies and styles from each one. But I do only by stamps that I know I will use over and over again anymore. I have many that were that "one time" kind of stamp and now what does it do - sit there. I can see the benefit to being brand/company loyal, but I'm all about a bargain too and so if I can find good quality and bargain prices - I do go for that even if it is a company I don't often buy from.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #463
Compulsive Stamper

Since I've just attended my very first stampin up meeting last month- I'm not a one company gal! Although I can see why it would be very easy with SU- since everything is coordinated and matched already. Personally, I like the variety of different companies, although so many choices can be almost overwhelming. I don't follow the latest things/trends coming out as that can be non-stop buying. My cards and pages tend to be a bit simpler as far as embellishments and techniques, which is probably a blessing as my craft room is overrun already.
Now that I've said all that, I did take the plunge and buy one of those big pink adhesive guns this week. So tired of those little ones that seem to jam more and more often on me.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #464
Stampin' Fool

April Question:
"What item do you purchase that always inspires you to buy a 2nd item in other words, what item can you just not buy one of?

Over the past couple of years, when I've purchased a Jolees Disney-themed sticker, I've bought two of the same at one time. I did that because I'm putting together a scrapbook for each of my boys and we have some really happy memories of our time at Disneyland that I wanted to scrap.

I used to buy my ATG tape in bulk (12 at a time!), but now that Michael's carries it, it's cheaper to just go there and use a coupon and buy one box with two rolls.

I bought my Copics in multiples, but I don't think that really counts as not being able to resist just one. I bought them in bulk, went in on an order with friends to get free shipping and a discounted price. Most of my Copics cost me less than $4.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #465
Rubber Obsessor

Default New to budgeting

I really need to get on budget. I have spent too much lately. I'm new to this thread and want to become a regular. I have allocated spending for Simon Say Stamp kit of the month, a Club Scrap Stamp kit membership, and a regular SU card class. For the next month these commitments will be my only purchases.

I promise myself to shop my stash, use up my kits, and stay out of the stores.

April Question:
"What item do you purchase that always inspires you to buy a 2nd item in other words, what item can you just not buy one of?"
I buy a second especially with single sheet paper or stickers. My fear of running out is rarely, if ever, valid.

My new watch words will be use it all up before I get more. That will work well with my monthly kits. This past weekend I used up my Simon's April Kit and it felt great!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #466
Matboard Maniac

April Question:
"What item do you purchase that always inspires you to buy a 2nd item in other words, what item can you just not buy one of?"

Paper!! I just can't resist, especially if there are several great coordinating papers in one line... For cardstock, I usually stick to SU's; love the weight & feel of it, & the consistency of color.

April Challenge:
Get out your Most Recent Stamp (set) purchased and use it for more than 1 card, page or altered item. In other words, use the same stamp(s) for a 2nd card, page or project.

This should be easy--I just bought CTMH's set "Just a Number", which is a set of birthday sayings! I need to make a LOT of birthday cards for April & May, so I should be able to get a lot of mileage out of this set!

For my budget for April (what's left of the month, anyway) I plan to spend $8.00 (or less!) on ribbon, as I need to replace some colors that I seem to use frequently.

I also need to make table decorations, signs, banners, etc., for my Mom's upcoming 90th birthday party in May...I'm going to try to use what I have on hand, but I'm sure I'll need to purchase some stuff. Since this will be for someone else, does that mean it doesn't count towards my crafting budget? I plan to make a banner using my Cricut; maybe some signs, etc., too. And of course do as much with the computer as I can! And I'd better get started soon!!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #467
Matboard Maniac

Default RE: RM House supplies

Quote:
hi sorry i havent been on in a while, yes any supplies craft/etc or cards any of you would like to make or donate to the wichita houses there are two here so since im the only one who has addopted i plan to split supplies/ cards between houses. here is my address if anyone would like to send any thing it would be very much appreciated please include somewhere in your package for RM house thanks!

Jodi seager
342 n madison
wichita ks 67214
Jodi--thanks for the info! I plan to do some "spring cleaning" around my craft room soon...and will send along anything I think they can use!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #468
Compulsive Stamper

Let's see, it's only April 12th, and I've already overshot my April Budget. BUT- I did go ahead and order the cardstock and ribbons for the Christmas cards. Bought the pink gun adhesive. Should have plenty of stuff to play with for at least a month (Honestly, probably the rest of my life). One more card class and crop night yet coming up this month, but they are paid for and no additional expenses should be incurred for either, as long as I stay in the classroom and out of the store aisles.
Had SU card club last night- fun and I loved the 2 cards we made. I'm fairly new to SU stuff (just this year) so just getting my feet wet on it. Ordered the cupcake punch and stamps this month. Last month I bought the pennant stamp and punch set so think I'm set for the Christmas cards and birthday cards now. Next month- maybe something for Sympathy or get well cards.
I need to inventory my punches (not many) and make a list of ones to start looking for.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #469
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBeth1976 View Post
I also need to make table decorations, signs, banners, etc., for my Mom's upcoming 90th birthday party in May...I'm going to try to use what I have on hand, but I'm sure I'll need to purchase some stuff. Since this will be for someone else, does that mean it doesn't count towards my crafting budget?
LizBeth, I think you should get bonus points--and maybe a little spending reward--for using your stash to make 90th Birthday party decorations! What a wonderful way to use up your stash ... and what a fabulous reason to celebrate!!

Debby, I think staying out of stores is a great idea, especially since you already have monthly kits coming to your house. When I'm browsing the stores, I often see something that I wish I had or want to buy and usually it's something that I don't need. Last time I was in Michaels it was to buy a calligraphy marker. I went in, got the marker and left without glancing at the scrapbook section. Oh how freeing that was!

mamamouse, I have long wanted that build a pennants punch! I hope to get it before the summer. I think it will be great for scrapbook pages and celebration type cards. Have you used yours yet? Do you always use it with the stamps or do you find yourself using it without? I ask because I'm not sure if I need the coordinating stamps as long as I use printed paper instead of plain.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #470
Stampin' Fool

As for my April budget, I'm doing GREAT! Haven't spent a nickel!!

I can't take a lot of credit for not spending. Truth is, I've been sidetracked and have not been in a crafting mode the past few weeks.

I've got a week left to my Ancestry.com subscription so I've been frantically trying to verify family heritage members. There's lots of speculation and even outright wrong info perpetuated on Ancestry.com. The hard part is finding data to back up or rule out family members. And keeping it all straight--even with genealogy software--tends to use up these tired old brain cells! LOL

It's been an on and off four-year hunt, but I've got everything verified back to my great, great grandparents on my maternal and paternal sides--even those of my mother's father, whom she never knew. I've also got a good start at verifying much of the speculated info on my next two-three generations back but with Indian heritage on my dad's side, I doubt I'll ever take that line back any farther than the Dawes rolls.

It's been a wonderful experience. When my subscription expires, I'll take a break for awhile but I'm already looking forward to renewing my search efforts. Hopefully I'll be able to do that later this year.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #471
Stampin' Fool

Default April question

April Question: I can't buy one, paper. I alway come away with more than I plan to buy.

Goals: April so far so good. Haven't spent a dime. March my only purchase was two cutting pads for my big shot. February I way over spent. Trying to use my stash before I buy any more stuff.

Here is a card I made from my stash.
Attached Thumbnails
tou-mrs-peal.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #472
Compulsive Stamper

My April budget has gone by the wayside. Although the overrun right now is because I went ahead and ordered the stock for Christmas cards, but I'm going to be doing a bit of shopping on some sale thing this week- so that will put me over even more. I'll have to work on maintaining my budget in May.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #473
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking April Check In

Wow, I can't believe it's April already esp when I review my craft spending receipts. This challenge process has not only helped me be much more creative but really reduce "impulsive" spending. I spent money this month but I've been planning it, had the items on my list and knew what I wanted to order. It was much more fun that way & I didn't have the "why did I buy that blues". LOL!

I'm 4 miles from Archivers and they listed a big embellishment sale on Wed or Thur. I was at FedEx Office next door and didn't even go in to check out what they had. I just really couldn't think of any embellishments I needed more of ... I don't even feel like I missed out and that's the best part.

Stay Inspired!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #474
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrpuppets View Post
Here is a card I made from my stash.
Oh, such a cute, cute card! It's so "Spring-y"! May I please CASE it??
Old 04-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #475
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
LizBeth, I think you should get bonus points--and maybe a little spending reward--for using your stash to make 90th Birthday party decorations! What a wonderful way to use up your stash ... and what a fabulous reason to celebrate!!
Thanks, Melissa! I think I will "reward" myself--when I get everything done! I'm still in the planning stages, & going thru my paper stash for anything I think I might use. I've been wanting a new Nestabilities set for awhile, & I think that would be a good reward for me! Either Labels Eighteen or the Fleur de Lis squares....

Now that I have the reward dangling in front of me, I'd better get moving on those decorations!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #476

Melissa - how cool that you've done looked into your family history. I have an uncle who went all the way back - yep, made it back to Bible times and then of course from there it's easy to trace through the Bible. By the time he was done and wrote the book - it was so big that it had to be strapped together with a belt!! He spent years and years...and travelled all over...to get the info.

I've done a bit of sleuthing regarding my biological parents (I'm adopted) but didn't get far. Guess I'll never know. But that's ok cause I had wonderful parents!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBeth1976 View Post
I also need to make table decorations, signs, banners, etc., for my Mom's upcoming 90th birthday party in May...I'm going to try to use what I have on hand, but I'm sure I'll need to purchase some stuff. Since this will be for someone else, does that mean it doesn't count towards my crafting budget? I plan to make a banner using my Cricut; maybe some signs, etc., too. And of course do as much with the computer as I can! And I'd better get started soon!!

WOW! What a fabulous idea!!!!!! You go girl!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #478
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for your support, Zella! I'll try to remember to take pictures & get 'em posted, when I get it all done!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #479
Compulsive Stamper

Russnzella- don't give up. I met a half brother just a few years ago ( I'm in my 50's). He didn't find his biological Dad - my father, until his adoptive parents had passed on. So you never know.
I had hoped to spend this weekend scrapping, but we have company coming for dinner tomorrow night so now tomorrow will be cleaning and cooking. Sunday morning I'll be putting the craft room back together from having the carpets cleaned last week. BUT- I will be playing in there in the afternoon no matter what!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #480
Embossing Fanatic

Hello all! I have been gone from SCS for a little while. I didn't want to browse the gallery and end up "needing" to get something. The challenge is going well for me no craft spending since my last SU order at the beginning of January. We have a brand new Hobby Lobby and Joann's that opened in March neither of which I have been in. So that is progress!

The SU retiring list just came out so I will order a few sets as planned. I make a list of what stamps I love when the catalog comes out each year so if one of those retires I consider getting it. I am really thinking I will end up ordering 3 sets and maybe one out of the Occasions catalog.

I did join a scrapbooking group that meets monthly so I am actually using my supplies for more than cards which is great.