Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #361
Stazon Splitcoast

Doing well and using lots of stuff in my craft room. Loving shopping my own stash here!

I am a life artist and love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #362
Pearl-ExPert

I spent 30$ of my 100$ for the month. Still thinking on the SU order...

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #363
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Stamper View Post
I spent 30$ of my 100$ for the month. Still thinking on the SU order...
Me too ... I've spent $15 of my $75 that I thought I would spend this month. Thinking much harder on if I really need an SU! Order for the SAB stamp I want
Old 02-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #364
Stazon Splitcoast

On Friday and Saturday I did a little shopping and spent about $30 but NONE of it was for me. WOO HOO, sort of! It was for a swap I'm in and a gift for a friend, but I got 2 pkgs of brads, 1 12 x 12 kit, 4 spools of ribbon, atg refill, 2 cool stamp sets, and a few more embellie packages. I think I did really good.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #365
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy
Valentine's
Day
Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #366
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

It sounds like everyone is making good spending choices this month. Congratulations!

Turns out my $7.95 purchase wasn't a good one. I know people love A Muse Studio pigment ink, but it turns out that I don't. Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay full price for shipping to give it a try and now I know that my preferred inks are Close to My Heart for everyday use and Memento for Copics.

I still have $15 left from this month's budget, but I don't plan on using it. I'd rather add it to my $25 March budget.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #367
Stazon Splitcoast

Melissa - Post it on the sale thread here on SCS. You can sale it for what you paid for it and then you still have more money to play with. Someone might be interested in it. I had a couple of things I wanted to sale because i had doubles of them and they went like hotcakes. The buyer paid for the postage as well so it was a win/win for me. I got rid of what I didn't need and got money I could spend on something else I wanted as well.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #368
Stampin' Fool

Thanks Donna. I thought it about it, but decided to try the ink again before getting rid of it. This time I had no smudging, even just a couple minutes after stamping. Go figure.

Maybe I used too much ink the first couple of tries. A Muse is a pigment ink and I think it sits on the paper surface rather than soaking in like dye ink ... but I could be wrong. I'm going to try it a few more times before making up my mind.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #369
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
Thanks Donna. I thought it about it, but decided to try the ink again before getting rid of it. This time I had no smudging, even just a couple minutes after stamping. Go figure.

Maybe I used too much ink the first couple of tries. A Muse is a pigment ink and I think it sits on the paper surface rather than soaking in like dye ink ... but I could be wrong. I'm going to try it a few more times before making up my mind.
Melissa, I had to learn not to press so hard with my AMuse Inks and now I LOVE them! I think your idea to try a few more times before you give you give up is a good idea
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #370
Glitter Guru

I'm over by about $10 this month. The good news is that I'm set for a few months now, except for maybe $10 sometime soon for white cardstock and pearls - both of which I'm almost out of. My big spending came from stocking up on adhesive and buying 4 new copic markers -- all of which I will use, I just didn't budget myself very well! : )
Old 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #371
Die Cut Diva

$10 is hardly a crisis!
How much over budget were you spending before you started keeping track of your spending and buying wisely?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #372
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
$10 is hardly a crisis!
How much over budget were you spending before you started keeping track of your spending and buying wisely?
Well, I honestly haven't spent much for the past few years. ($25 a month or so?) I've been on a few design teams so I haven't had to buy stamps, I've used up most of my cardstock and dp rather than buying a lot of new, and I really don't heavily embellish. But right now I'm terribly tempted with MFT sets, Verve sets and MFT dies. And I like to add to my copic collection... but then I need refills and adhesive and other consumables and I already spent my $$. I did pick up a few Pure Innocence digis this month, instead of the MFT sets, so I have some new things to play with without spending so much. : )
Old 02-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #373
Die Cut Diva

So much for not spending anything this month! I was out and about last weekend and gave in to the temptation to stop in at my LSS. I spent $12 there, plus I found a small hanging shelf for my craft room at Goodwill for $3.

As for the Feb challenge, I haven't yet gotten rid of stuff I don't use and I have only inked one "virgin" stamp so far. Right now, just going into my craft room is an accomplishment, never mind actually making a card or two!

My little corner of the internet: Robin's Ramblings
"3-2-1 Blast Off Ho" :D
Old 02-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #374
Pearl-ExPert

How's everyone doing as of today? The month is on its second half now... I managed to use 6 new stamp sets this month, so that part is done. It was wonderful to work with new designs! I still haven't decided on my SU order, though...

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Old 02-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #375
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
How's everyone doing as of today? The month is on its second half now... I managed to use 6 new stamp sets this month, so that part is done. It was wonderful to work with new designs! I still haven't decided on my SU order, though...
Doing well so far. I'm still under budget for the month and I used one uninked stamp set earlier this month. I guess I'd better get to stamping.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #376
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Well

Quote:
I haven't spent any more than the $15 so far ... wow! I guess I've decided against an SU! SAB order (gasp!) I just don't have $50 of stuff that I wanted and I was just trying to find it in the catalog to get an SAB stamp. I then realized I could probably just pick up the stamp set I want after it retires for less money ... when it's retired I'll just post an ISO.

I have a few items I'm going to order with my CTMH club order this month because I'm headed for a CROP mid-March. I even walked through HL today just to browse and walked out with nothing!

It's really helped my creativity to feel more "in control" of what I was adding to my stash! I like it I've used 2 new stamps this month, need to find another to use this weekend
Old 02-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #377
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
I just don't have $50 of stuff that I wanted and I was just trying to find it in the catalog to get an SAB stamp. I then realized I could probably just pick up the stamp set I want after it retires for less money ... when it's retired I'll just post an ISO.
I think this is very smart thinking! Sure, it won't be free, but at least you'll get what you want for your money.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #378
Stampin' Fool

Still only spent $10.00 of my $20.00 budget. Last year I cleared out my craftroom of unused stuff. I think I gave at least 3 large boxes of stuff away. Plus I sold unused cricut cartridges. Still have a few stamp sets I haven't used. I will try to make some cards with them this week.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #379
Mad Swapper

I should stop saying I am not going to spend anything for the month because the last two months that I have said that I went out and spent money. I did get a good deal on 60 Faber-Castell pastel pencils on eBay and I didn't get any more stamps I just got supplies like ink and Big Shot cutting plates. I did use several stamps that I haven't used since I bought them and I am in the process of coloring them and going to make cards when I am done so that part of the challenge this month wasn't very hard to do and I went through all of my supplies and stamps last month and got rid of a lot of stuff so I am good there.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #380
Die Cut Diva

Well as of now I am "way over" budget
My Ott light bulb burned out so I had to buy a new one. $18 with a coupon. Then I didn't have any Matt Accents so I had to buy that.
While I was buying the Matt Accents at Hobby Lobby I bought an impulsive purchase book for $12 with my coupon

I needed some new Japanese needles for my Temari so another $11.

I will try to do better in March
Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #381
Swapper of the Month February 2013

I seem to have lost my mojo this month and haven't been very creative in using old stamp sets. Oh well. But the good thing is that I haven't stepped foot in a craft store! The only purchase I've made craft related was a small kit to make a few cards and it was only $13 (including postage!). That will be it for me for the month too - not shopping and it feels really good.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #382
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Well, there's a possibility our income may go down, so I am getting another paper trimmer and stocking up on cricut blades and such, so I won't have to buy anything for a while.
I had thought I needed to buy some more brads, and remembered I had some large office ones put aside, so I colored them with nail polish and glitter and will cut the backs down, so they won't stick out too far. I think they turned out pretty good, so I am very happy about that! I am trying to remember that old saying, "Waste not, want not". Trying to use what I have whenever I can. I'm also looking for coloring page images similar to stamps that I I like to save money that way also.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #383
Compulsive Stamper

I'm doing pretty good with the spending challenge. I did 2 card classes and 1 crop night- and only spent the classroom fees! Except I did run out of adhesive and had to buy some refills. Still, that's pretty much a necessity, so not bad at all.

Used 2 different uninked stamps so far this month already. Actually, now that I think about it, I think it's more like 4! So that was pretty easy too.

Just need to make one more card this week, and then want to switch gears back to scrapbooking a bit.

That LOAD site looked like fun, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next one to start.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #384
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
Well as of now I am "way over" budget
My Ott light bulb burned out so I had to buy a new one. $18 with a coupon.
Hmmm...I'm not sure if I'd consider a replacement part of your craft expense. Sure, it's Ott and it wasn't cheap, but if you start calculating every little thing you might take into consideration the electricity you used, too.

OK, I'm being a bit melodramatic. I'm just saying that I'd consider the bulb a household expense, not a crafting expense.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #385
Stampin' Fool

So far, I'm doing better with the second half of this month than the first. Yeah, the Ribbon Ring tags were kind of spendy, but it's so nice to have ribbon out where I can see it.

I've also been playing with foam board that I bought at Dollar Tree back in November. I made an ink pad holder a couple weeks go, but didn't think things through so I'm in the process of making another, one that will fit on my bookshelf. Earlier today, I made a foam board shelf so I could easily see my paints. And guess what? I found some really cool spray paint that I forgot I had! I just hope it's still good. (fingers crossed)

I still have foam board left. I might even make a couple little shelves for my spice cabinet in my kitchen.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #386
Stazon Splitcoast

I realized the other night that I haven't spent a thing on crafts this month and I have lost the desire to think I need to order the latest and the greatest. This thread is such a blessing to me. What made me realize it was the lack of receipts in my box. I keep all receipts of my weekly purchases for groceries, etc. Normally, I have a ton from craft stores,even by this time of year. However, I barely have any receipts at all in my box and that's due to no craft store shopping. Yay for me! Plus I am crafting more than ever before and using my stash. Such a great feeling.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #387
Stampin' Fool

Three weeks down and one week to go. I'm still within budget and have used two uninked sets of stamps. I still need to use one more before the month is over.

How's everyone else doing with their budgets and the challenges?

Sounds like most of you are doing well. Sure, a couple of you might have gone over you budget a bit, but I bet not as much as you would have if you weren't checking in on this thread on a regular basis.

I still haven't gotten my Bygel rails for my punches. I hope things work out so I can make a trip to Ikea early next month. As long as I'm making the 2-hour round trip drive, I'm thinking I'll take my son and we can spend a few hours on the beach.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #388
Pearl-ExPert

I finally placed my SU order and I just wanted to report that I stuck to my budget for February.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #389
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I finally placed my SU order and I just wanted to report that I stuck to my budget for February.
Woo-hoo!! Congratulations!!!
When you get your order, you'll have to report back on your favorite item.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #390
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, so I have done so very well for the past two months on my spending. I have been on the fence about the new Tim Holtz markers. Well, I saw them on ICOPIC for $89.99 with free shipping and I decided to treat myself. Just like that I pushed the button and they should be here in a few weeks. I can't wait and truly excited about it! I feel justified in spending on them since I have done so well this year. Also realized that since I have been doing the LOAD challenge that my older pens are drying up. So, what better way to replace them with these new fantastic pens!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #391
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Okay, so I have done so very well for the past two months on my spending. I have been on the fence about the new Tim Holtz markers. Well, I saw them on ICOPIC for $89.99 with free shipping and I decided to treat myself. Just like that I pushed the button and they should be here in a few weeks. I can't wait and truly excited about it! I feel justified in spending on them since I have done so well this year. Also realized that since I have been doing the LOAD challenge that my older pens are drying up. So, what better way to replace them with these new fantastic pens!
I have been tempted to buy the distress markers, but I went way over my budget the last two months so I will have to wait. I would like to hear what you think of them when they arrive and you get to play with them.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #392
Die Cut Diva

I was in a new-to-me Michael's store on Sunday afternoon and was not even tempted to buy anything. Participating in this challenge has made me stop and think about what I want to buy and usually I realize that I already have something very similar. No need to buy another one!

My little corner of the internet: Robin's Ramblings
"3-2-1 Blast Off Ho" :D
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #393
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP111 View Post
I was in a new-to-me Michael's store on Sunday afternoon and was not even tempted to buy anything. Participating in this challenge has made me stop and think about what I want to buy ...
Same here! I was at a bigger Michaels in a neighboring town. I went with a friend and we walked through a bit. The only thing I was slightly tempted to buy was a piece of chocolate at the check stand--but I resisted that, too! LOL

I still have to use one more uninked stamp set by tomorrow. Any idea what our challenge for March should be?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #394
Swapper of the Month February 2013

I've done really well this month...only spent $12 and some change for a kit. Now as far as the other part - getting out some stamps that haven't been inked...not good in that dept. Life has taken over this month and I haven't had much of a chance to spend in my stamp room. But going to make more of an effort to spend some time in March.

Hmmm, as far as a challenge for March....I'm up for anything!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #395
Stampin' Fool

Today is the last day of February. My how the past two months have flown by!

No craft shopping for me today, but I am going to do a bit of grocery shopping later this afternoon.

For March, I'm going with my same ol' $25 budget, plus my $15 leftover from February. So, March's budget will be $40. I plan to use a chunk of my March budget to buy Ikea's Bygel rails.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #396
Compulsive Stamper

Gosh, I miss Ikeas! Still didn't spend anything this month except for adhesive! That's 2 months with zero craft spending. March will have some spending- Stamping club ( $20 at least), crop night $5, and $10 for a card class. So that's $35 for classes/club) AND- I may be taking an overnight trip to Green Bay- which means crafting supply stock up time. HOWEVER, rather than buying randomly at whatever catches my eye, I am going to look over the "crafting TO-DO" list, check the supplies first, and then only put on the list what I need to get those projects done. We usually make that drive 2x a year at least, so spring and fall shopping trips include my crafting supplies for the year.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #397
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamouse View Post
Gosh, I miss Ikeas!
I've never been to an Ikea before. The closest one is an hour's drive away, down by the beach, so I'm going to make a day of it. I'll grab something cheap to eat and watch the ocean for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamouse View Post
Still didn't spend anything this month except for adhesive! That's 2 months with zero craft spending.
That is SELF-CONTROL! Congratulations!!
Your planned March spending is very reasonable, too. I'd say that you have got this budget thing down pat!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #398
Stampin' Fool

It's only March 1 and my $40 March budget already took a $25 hit. It was a long-planned purchase, so that's good.

I gave the money to a friend who is going to be near an Ikea this weekend. She will be picking up my Bygel rails and wire baskets while she is there. Hooray! I don't have to waste $4.50 a gallon on gasoline to drive an hour there and an hour back!! That makes me one happy camper.

On the down side, it also means that all I have left to spend is the $15 I carried over from January to February and again from February to March. I hope I can carry it over to April. (crossing fingers)
Old 03-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #399
Compulsive Stamper

When I used to live in CA, I'd go to Ikeas a couple of times a year just to SEE! I love their creativity and great use of small places. Nearest one now is about 500 miles away? Haven't been to one in several years.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #400
Stampin' Fool

It's been kind of quiet here, lately. Let me try to jump start things a bit.

For those of you who've made purchases over the past two months, have you used what you bought? If so, tell us a little about what you got and how you are using it.

If you bought something and haven't used it yet, why not? And do you have a plan to use it?

And for those of you who didn't spend any of your craft money, are you still creating with supplies on hand? Or have you shelved your creative side for a few weeks?