01-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Join Date: Mar 2005
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are several PIFers who have been at it for awhile and are happy to help new players figure things out. In fact, they love new players because it is a chance to see some new stuff.
- When you snag, your post should say something like "snagging #3 dreams dujour". There should be no "ifs" in your snag statement. Then send a PM to the person you snagged from with your mailing info.
- When posting your list, do it right after you snag. Not 20 minutes later, not tomorrow. They like the threads to keep moving. Have a list of items together before you snag so you will be ready. You can post your list and then edit it to add the links and/or prices if you have to look them up. But that should be done in a timely manner.
- Your list should be in red and numbered and include the value of the items. If you snagged an item with a $20 value, your list must include at least one item of the same or higher value. The rest of the items can be the minimum value for the thread.
- Please include links to the items you are listing. You can usually find the stuff on eBay or the SCS gallery for stamp sets. You can find items on the manufacturers website or sites that sell crafting items. You can also take pictures of your items and include them in the list. Please note: If you are a business owner, demo, consultant, etc., you may not post links that direct others to your personal and/or business blog and/or website. This also applies to eBay auctions you have listed.
- Put your adds in on time or ahead of time. It is unfair to make other players wait for your listing. When listing your adds, post the date and time of the add. Ex: "1/7/09 10AM add". This helps to keep it organized and show that the adds are done on time.
- Once your list has been snagged from, the person who snagged should PM you with their mailing address. You should mail their item out within a week. Please either get delivery confirmation or keep your receipt. If the item does not arrive you will be asked to provide proof that you mailed it.
- It may be a good idea to keep a running list of what you need to mail and what is owed to you. If you don't get an item within two weeks of a snag, you should PM the person that owes it to you. If they do not respond to your PM, then contact a moderator with the details.
- Keep it fresh. Most threads require you to add something that hasn't been listed before each time you post a list. If you keep listing the same items over and over and they don't get snagged, it may be time to take a break or go digging for new items to list.
- Each thread has a thread momma, who is essentially the same as a swap hostess. They are the person who started the thread and posted the rules. They help to ensure that the rules are followed. The thread momma has a right to ask people who have repeat issues with following the rules to not play on their thread, just as a swap hostess has the right to turn down a swapper who does not complete their swaps.
- Read the rules for the thread before playing so you know what is expected. It is also a good idea to lurk and get a feel for how it all works before jumping in.
- Please only play within your means, both monetarily and time-wise.
Last edited by SDiegoGal; 01-17-2009 at 10:26 AM..