Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #321
Glitter Guru

Ohhhh! and one more thing (the thought of my ex-husband always reminds me of this)--it is like gun control--the bad guys will always have what they want. (not that he had illegal guns--oh wait--maybe he did!) What is to prevent anyone from putting erroneous information in the sign up stuff? Hmm? Then what good does a phone number do you? It seems like a good idea but the control of it seems to not be in place just yet.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #322
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53queenbee View Post
Ohhhh! and one more thing (the thought of my ex-husband always reminds me of this)--it is like gun control--the bad guys will always have what they want. (not that he had illegal guns--oh wait--maybe he did!) What is to prevent anyone from putting erroneous information in the sign up stuff? Hmm? Then what good does a phone number do you? It seems like a good idea but the control of it seems to not be in place just yet.
Nothing stops people from putting in erroneous information other than their own morals and ethics.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #323
Glitter Guru

I was already approved for the user group, but I'm unable to post in the swap threads I'm subscribed to. It gives me a message that a moderator needs to approve my post. Is this normal? I'm not attempting to start a new swap, just post a comment on the threads I'm participating in.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #324
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
I was already approved for the user group, but I'm unable to post in the swap threads I'm subscribed to. It gives me a message that a moderator needs to approve my post. Is this normal? I'm not attempting to start a new swap, just post a comment on the threads I'm participating in.
I'll look into this; give me five minutes!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #325
Glitter Guru

Thanks so much Jenn, here is the message I get, if this helps:

Kathleen Curry
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #326
Stazon Splitcoast

It's all fixed, Kathleen.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #327
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vz5dzh View Post
From the date you get them all, you can't get them sorted and back out within 10 days? If that is the case, swap them out staggered as they come in, or do a lower number, or break them into groups due a week apart? I'm not familiar with your mega swap so I don't know the numbers we are talking here. The 10 day turn around has always been in the guidelines for swap hostesses. This is not new. Hostesses should not be holding up swaps for weeks before getting them back out to the particpants.

I honestly don't see how this is a punishment. I also don't see why people feel the need to host more than 5 swaps at a time. But that is just me. We said we are taking the suggestions into consideration and if we see down the road that 5 swaps is too low of a number we can add more, or allow more for hostesses with good records. We will look into that once the initial change over happens and we can see how it is going.
I'm not surprised that you aren't familiar with my mega swaps. That makes sense to the blanket time frame. Please try to understand my point of view, before you get upset or just expect me to change my Swap.

There are anywhere from 60 to 120 swappers. No I can't do smaller groups, that is not the point. They come in 15 to 20 per day sometime. Staggering them is way too much to keep track of AND defeats the spirit of the swap. Yeah, I know it has been the guidline and I think that if it stays a guideline that is great, I always state in the OP of my Mega swap that it will take longer than that to process everything. I don't hold up things for weeks. I'm insulted by that.

Don't you remember when you were in grade school and the whole class had to miss recess because a small group of kids weren't behaving? That is how I feel. I feel so sad and so disappointed. You are telling me that I have to change the mega swap because of something that someone else did. I never host more than a swap or two at a time, but I'm sure that those ladies that host many swaps and do a good job feel the same way that I do.

Didn't you feel betrayed by the teacher for punishing you, the good kid, for something some "bad" kids were doing?

Please, please try to understand.

If you are limiting them because people think that they are swap hogs and people aren't joining (the complainer's) swap because they are hosting too many, news flash, that is not why people aren't joining your swaps. People like hostesses that they trust, that do a good job, that are professional and keep you informed. Some hostesses get more players because they are super creative and have great ideas. Or because they are easy going and easy to get along with.

Please don't just misunderstand me, I really think some swaps need more mailing out time. yeah, groups of 10 no problem. But I have a whole crew of people helping me out to do it in a reasonable amount of time. It often takes THREE trips to the PO. I am there for over an hour mailing everything each time. It should be up to my discretion to do this over three trips instead of all on one day as YOU, who has no idea about the swap, expect me too. Please, please, please try to understand.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #328
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestril00 View Post
Buckeye's Mega swap is AWESOME (I wish I could still participate in it, maybe I will now that we're going back to one catalog a year), and I can certainly understand why it would take longer than the 10 days. Last time I participated we swapped over 100 card fronts and over 50 scrapbook pages. Everyone got one of each. She can't do staggered swapping and give everyone one of each person's artwork. That sort of swap should be allowed a little leeway, though.
Thank you so much for your vote of confidence. I try to be a very good hostess.

I appreciate your support.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #329
SCS Swap Moderator

Buckeye Stamper - please read post #301. Hopefully that works for you.

I was not getting upset with you. Sorry if I came across as short. I volunteer my time here and am trying to help make this site better for everyone involved. I guess I am a little bothered that people don't see that and feel we are punishing them.

And please know that I didn't make all these decisions on my own. I am just a swap moderator and a relatively new one at that. The powers that be have been in discussions about what would work to help alleviate some of the issues we have over here for months. I offered suggestions, some were turned down, and now I am doing my best to "do my job". I am trying to get the word out, trying to approve people for the group, and trying to ease the concerns posted over here. We will move forward with this and make adjustments as necessary. We are listening to what everyone has got to say and in my experience here Jenn, Daven and everyone else will do their best to give you what you want and what makes the most sense for all involved.

One last thing. You are very brave for taking on a swap that big and I think all your swappers are crazy for doing that many cards. Ha ha. I don't think I have ever made more than 50 of one card before and that just about killed me.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #330
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not a participant in swaps, but may consider this, and have been trying to register. I did submit the correct information, clicked on the "join" link that was posted, and got a message saying "this does not appear to be a public user group." What did I do wrong?
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 05-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #331
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vz5dzh View Post
Buckeye Stamper - please read post #301. Hopefully that works for you.

I was not getting upset with you. Sorry if I came across as short. I volunteer my time here and am trying to help make this site better for everyone involved. I guess I am a little bothered that people don't see that and feel we are punishing them.

And please know that I didn't make all these decisions on my own. I am just a swap moderator and a relatively new one at that. The powers that be have been in discussions about what would work to help alleviate some of the issues we have over here for months. I offered suggestions, some were turned down, and now I am doing my best to "do my job". I am trying to get the word out, trying to approve people for the group, and trying to ease the concerns posted over here. We will move forward with this and make adjustments as necessary. We are listening to what everyone has got to say and in my experience here Jenn, Daven and everyone else will do their best to give you what you want and what makes the most sense for all involved.

One last thing. You are very brave for taking on a swap that big and I think all your swappers are crazy for doing that many cards. Ha ha. I don't think I have ever made more than 50 of one card before and that just about killed me.
Yes, I read post #301 and that works. Believe me DH wants them out of the house ASAP so I don't dilly dally. I know that you are a volunteer, I commend you for that. All of the volunteers that run this site. I love it here. I am glad that you aren't mad at me. Please know that I am not mad either.

I guess the good hostesses, some of them are feeling punished because they love what they do and really try to do a good job. Please bear with us. That being said, all things change...sigh. I can see the need for more "control" so to speak. I had some photos lost at the hostesses house for about 4 months and luckily she sent them back. SO I get it.

Finally, brave and crazy yes! We are mega swap obsessed. It has become quite a culture, but the final product is always fabulous! I had to laugh at that comment because it is true on both ends.

Hugs and thanks to all of you for what you do.

I promise i will do my very best to follow every guideline that you set forth.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #332
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdas View Post
I am not a participant in swaps, but may consider this, and have been trying to register. I did submit the correct information, clicked on the "join" link that was posted, and got a message saying "this does not appear to be a public user group." What did I do wrong?
I sent Jenn a PM asking her to look into it. I am not sure what the problem could be.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #333
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleScrappy Send a message via Skype™ to LittleScrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Stamper View Post
Yes, I read post #301 and that works. Believe me DH wants them out of the house ASAP so I don't dilly dally. I know that you are a volunteer, I commend you for that. All of the volunteers that run this site. I love it here. I am glad that you aren't mad at me. Please know that I am not mad either.

I guess the good hostesses, some of them are feeling punished because they love what they do and really try to do a good job. Please bear with us. That being said, all things change...sigh. I can see the need for more "control" so to speak. I had some photos lost at the hostesses house for about 4 months and luckily she sent them back. SO I get it.

Finally, brave and crazy yes! We are mega swap obsessed. It has become quite a culture, but the final product is always fabulous! I had to laugh at that comment because it is true on both ends.

Hugs and thanks to all of you for what you do.

I promise i will do my very best to follow every guideline that you set forth.
Buckeye, where are your mega swaps? I want to see what they entail. Thanks!
~Leslie
Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #334
SCS Swap Moderator

Group ((((((HUGS)))))) all around.

We will all get through this!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #335
Swapper of the Month March 2012

I agree with you Buckeye. Those who have a lot of swappers are because they have earned the reputation as a great hostess, whether they had hosted 5 or 10, and I can say that because even when I started hosting about a year ago, after only one swap, I started getting repeat swappers and the list grew. When I hosted the Easter Egg swap, word was out and I had well over a hundred in it and know exactly what you are talking about with your Mega swap. It is a very complicated system you end up with to do it well, but we take the time and do it because we enjoy it.

For the record as well -- not all hostesses get something out of hosting. It isn't all +1. I host swaps that dont' result in my getting anything, or in the extra going to charity, and I even am hosting one to support someone else's charity.

I agree with all you said below, Buckeye.
Quote:
I'm not surprised that you aren't familiar with my mega swaps. That makes sense to the blanket time frame. Please try to understand my point of view, before you get upset or just expect me to change my Swap.

There are anywhere from 60 to 120 swappers. No I can't do smaller groups, that is not the point. They come in 15 to 20 per day sometime. Staggering them is way too much to keep track of AND defeats the spirit of the swap. Yeah, I know it has been the guidline and I think that if it stays a guideline that is great, I always state in the OP of my Mega swap that it will take longer than that to process everything. I don't hold up things for weeks. I'm insulted by that.

Don't you remember when you were in grade school and the whole class had to miss recess because a small group of kids weren't behaving? That is how I feel. I feel so sad and so disappointed. You are telling me that I have to change the mega swap because of something that someone else did. I never host more than a swap or two at a time, but I'm sure that those ladies that host many swaps and do a good job feel the same way that I do.

Didn't you feel betrayed by the teacher for punishing you, the good kid, for something some "bad" kids were doing?

Please, please try to understand.

If you are limiting them because people think that they are swap hogs and people aren't joining (the complainer's) swap because they are hosting too many, news flash, that is not why people aren't joining your swaps. People like hostesses that they trust, that do a good job, that are professional and keep you informed. Some hostesses get more players because they are super creative and have great ideas. Or because they are easy going and easy to get along with.

Please don't just misunderstand me, I really think some swaps need more mailing out time. yeah, groups of 10 no problem. But I have a whole crew of people helping me out to do it in a reasonable amount of time. It often takes THREE trips to the PO. I am there for over an hour mailing everything each time. It should be up to my discretion to do this over three trips instead of all on one day as YOU, who has no idea about the swap, expect me too. Please, please, please try to understand.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #336
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdas View Post
Hm, I'm not sure why that would happen, but I do see that you've filled everything in properly. I've added you to the group and you should see it listed under your group memberships now.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #337
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleScrappy View Post
Buckeye, where are your mega swaps? I want to see what they entail. Thanks!
~Leslie
There won't be a new one until August when the new SU catty has been out for a while.

I only do mega swaps around new catty time.

Look for a thread started in the next week or two.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #338
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleScrappy Send a message via Skype™ to LittleScrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
I agree with you Buckeye. Those who have a lot of swappers are because they have earned the reputation as a great hostess, whether they had hosted 5 or 10, and I can say that because even when I started hosting about a year ago, after only one swap, I started getting repeat swappers and the list grew. When I hosted the Easter Egg swap, word was out and I had well over a hundred in it and know exactly what you are talking about with your Mega swap. It is a very complicated system you end up with to do it well, but we take the time and do it because we enjoy it.

For the record as well -- not all hostesses get something out of hosting. It isn't all +1. I host swaps that dont' result in my getting anything, or in the extra going to charity, and I even am hosting one to support someone else's charity.

I agree with all you said below, Buckeye.
I applaud your modesty, Susan. But some of us would like to have a chance to build a reputation. If you read back through this thread, there have been obvious complaints about people hosting several swaps at a time. (I don't mean to sound snarky here)

If you were to host an Ancient ATC Swap like me, then you're more than likely to get more swappers than I because you already HAVE an established reputation. Hosting 5 swaps at a time isn't going to make it worse for you. Besides, I'm sure the rules will change for seasoned hostesses like yourself. I think they're just trying this 'Limit 5' thing out for a little bit.

Last edited by LittleScrappy; 05-15-2009 at 12:51 PM..
Old 05-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #339
Mad Swapper

Quote:
There won't be a new one until August when the new SU catty has been out for a while.

I only do mega swaps around new catty time.

Look for a thread started in the next week or two.
Thanks....

I might be starting school in August, so I'll have to see. I'm getting caught up on my swaps now. I only have 4 due! (I have SOME restraint!)
Old 05-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #340
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

Quote:
I applaud your modesty, Susan. But some of us would like to have a chance to build a reputation. If you read back through this thread, there have been obvious complaints about people hosting several swaps at a time. (I don't mean to sound snarky here)

If you were to host an Ancient ATC Swap like me, then you're more than likely to get more swappers than I because you already HAVE an established reputation. Hosting 5 swaps at a time isn't going to make it worse for you. Besides, I'm sure the rules will change for seasoned hostesses like yourself. I think they're just trying this 'Limit 5' thing out for a little bit.
I disagree with your logic. There are hosteses that I like to swap with but I don't join every one of their swaps. Sometimes I'm just not interested in the subject of the swap. I was looking for something new to join a few days ago & saw your swap and was interested in the ATC aspect but the subject wasn't interesting to me. I ended up not joining anything that day.
I have swapped with Susan & she is a good hostess, but I don't join each & every swap she does.
Susan & I both started out exactly like you. Even if your first swap only has a few people in it, if they are happy with the outcome, they will be back & bring friends with them. You'll earn your "name" on your own merit & not as a result of asking seasoned hostess to step aside & let you through.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #341
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestial_stamper View Post
I disagree with your logic. There are hosteses that I like to swap with but I don't join every one of their swaps. Sometimes I'm just not interested in the subject of the swap. I was looking for something new to join a few days ago & saw your swap and was interested in the ATC aspect but the subject wasn't interesting to me. I ended up not joining anything that day.
I have swapped with Susan & she is a good hostess, but I don't join each & every swap she does.
Susan & I both started out exactly like you. Even if your first swap only has a few people in it, if they are happy with the outcome, they will be back & bring friends with them. You'll earn your "name" on your own merit & not as a result of asking seasoned hostess to step aside & let you through.
I'm going to say this on behalf of LittleScrappy before her point is misunderstood. And I can speak on her behalf because she is a friend of mine. She isn't saying that anyone should "step aside and let her through". She's in agreement with limiting the number of swaps someone hostesses though. I fully understand where she's coming from. I'm not sure I agree with it completely as there are a couple of hostesses, Susan being one of them, that I like to join in their swaps. Not every single one, but the ones that draw my interest.

Is it so wrong to be okay with limiting the number of swaps someone can host? It applies to her as well as the "established" hostesses. She's not going to be able to do more than 5. There is nothing in any of her posts that suggests to me that she is asking any seasoned hostess to step aside. And I think that's a big misunderstanding right there.

I'm not going to host any swaps because I'll admit it right here: I don't want to have to be that organized at home. I have to be at work, but I sure don't want to be at home. That would annoy the peewillikers out of me. And then I'd go and lose something from someone and they'd get all discombobulated and it'd be a mess. So I'm better off just supporting all the hostesses whose swaps I join and being a good participant.

One last thing: I hope this doesn't make the choice of swaps go down. I like having a lot to choose from. Obviously I like participating because someone signed me up for something like 20 swaps. I don't know who did that. I'm sure it wasn't me.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #342
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to stampit74

I've been hesitant to sign up for swaps for a few reasons - and some of this new structure addresses those reasons, so I'm thinking this will be good. SCS has really grown and so has the popularity of swapping. I think change has to happen with growth.

One question that I have posed to a hostess on multiple swaps and never had answered is.... when a person takes more than one spot in a swap, does the hostess make sure when swapping the cards out, that I don't get more than one from that person?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #343
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampit74 View Post
I've been hesitant to sign up for swaps for a few reasons - and some of this new structure addresses those reasons, so I'm thinking this will be good. SCS has really grown and so has the popularity of swapping. I think change has to happen with growth.

One question that I have posed to a hostess on multiple swaps and never had answered is.... when a person takes more than one spot in a swap, does the hostess make sure when swapping the cards out, that I don't get more than one from that person?
All hostesses swap out just a bit differently. With very large swaps, it's hard sometimes to keep track of who gets what. It is a bit easier with smaller swaps, but you also run into getting one back from every spot if the group is a limited number. If the swap is a running list, you could always ask the hostess to try to give you a limited number from the same swapper. She may honor your request. Some hostesses automatically do that.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #344
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
I'm going to say this on behalf of LittleScrappy before her point is misunderstood. And I can speak on her behalf because she is a friend of mine. She isn't saying that anyone should "step aside and let her through". She's in agreement with limiting the number of swaps someone hostesses though. I fully understand where she's coming from. I'm not sure I agree with it completely as there are a couple of hostesses, Susan being one of them, that I like to join in their swaps. Not every single one, but the ones that draw my interest.

Is it so wrong to be okay with limiting the number of swaps someone can host? It applies to her as well as the "established" hostesses. She's not going to be able to do more than 5. There is nothing in any of her posts that suggests to me that she is asking any seasoned hostess to step aside. And I think that's a big misunderstanding right there.

I'm not going to host any swaps because I'll admit it right here: I don't want to have to be that organized at home. I have to be at work, but I sure don't want to be at home. That would annoy the peewillikers out of me. And then I'd go and lose something from someone and they'd get all discombobulated and it'd be a mess. So I'm better off just supporting all the hostesses whose swaps I join and being a good participant.

One last thing: I hope this doesn't make the choice of swaps go down. I like having a lot to choose from. Obviously I like participating because someone signed me up for something like 20 swaps. I don't know who did that. I'm sure it wasn't me.

Here is part of what I was referring to by Little Scrappy:

As far as hosting more than 5 swaps: I guess I'd host more than 5 if I had the time. But it's sure a LOT of stuff that you get from dozens of people- since the hostess is a +1. So I see why hostesses would fuss if they're used to hosting several swaps at a time (I'm just sayin'). Give us new hostesses a chance to make a name for ourselves. Scrapbooking is a passion for some of us as well. I don't have a lot of people signing up for my swaps right now, but maybe they're too busy with 15 of someONE else's. I don't think it's fair. I like the limit of 5.

My swaps aren't always a +1. I give away prizes & make special thank you gifts for my swappers. And there have been times that I have swapped out my +1s because someones swap arrived damage or was lost in the mail & I didn't want them to miss out. I swap to have fun, hang out with old friends, make new friends & maybe even learn a trick or 2. What's so unfair about that?
Old 05-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #345

Hi Pam -
If there are enough swappers to do it, I always swap out and ensure that a swapper doesn't get her own or any duplicates back. It takes rearranging and coordination but can be done. If a swapper flakes at the last minute or we are just one to two spots short, I will make up the additional needed myself even to ensure that the swappers get back a full variety, as they expected.
That being said, not all hostesses do it that way, as I have gotten back some of my own in the past or duplicates from other swaps. Its just one of those things again that each hostess owns and does differently.
I even let folks know how many to sign up for as we grow so they know how many they can sign up for and not get duplicates... i.e. if its a 6+1 swap, and I have 60 swappers already joined, they can sign up for 9 spots and still not get back any of their own... I'll do the math so they don't have to.

I also have been known to try to accomodate special requests if there is someone who they don't want to receive from or a certain type they don't want, such as some who do not like eyelets, or chipboard, or religious items, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampit74 View Post

Old 05-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #346

I find it interesting that they've already said on here that a hostess could still host 5 mega-swaps with several categories within each of those, i.e. instead of hosting 6 Christian-themed swaps, 6 ATC swaps, and 6 LOTWs, you could essentially host 3 and just subcategorize them within. For those who are wanting the limit of 5 implemented, chances are it won't change anything for those hostesses who are so organized to host 18 or so can still do that within the 5, it isn't going to change how people sign up for them and not the other ones. Logically for that matter, they will sign up for more spots with the same hostess because they'll just mass mail them together and will see all of the swaps within one instead of having to go to several! So it would actually have the opposite effect of what was intended.

I say if someone has a good idea for a swap, they should be entitled to post it. The hostess shouldn't be begrudged just because she had the idea or posted it first. That is silly.

Just as you shop in daily life and probably go to the stores/restaurants/doctors you know are more reputable and have what you want and you'll have a good experience at, swappers are doing the same on here when they shop to swap. So if you were opening a new restaurant in town you'd expect the town to limit the number of customers they could serve just so you could build your own business? No, you'd do your best to earn your reputation there too, and customers would reward by coming to you. Host swaps that are different and appealing, that is how you gain interest, and do a great job when you do and they come back or join your others.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #347
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Here is part of what I was referring to by Little Scrappy:

As far as hosting more than 5 swaps: I guess I'd host more than 5 if I had the time. But it's sure a LOT of stuff that you get from dozens of people- since the hostess is a +1. So I see why hostesses would fuss if they're used to hosting several swaps at a time (I'm just sayin'). Give us new hostesses a chance to make a name for ourselves. Scrapbooking is a passion for some of us as well. I don't have a lot of people signing up for my swaps right now, but maybe they're too busy with 15 of someONE else's. I don't think it's fair. I like the limit of 5.

My swaps aren't always a +1. I give away prizes & make special thank you gifts for my swappers. And there have been times that I have swapped out my +1s because someones swap arrived damage or was lost in the mail & I didn't want them to miss out. I swap to have fun, hang out with old friends, make new friends & maybe even learn a trick or 2. What's so unfair about that?
You're misunderstanding my point. Grandma is right: I'm not saying that hostesses should 'step aside.' Those are words that I didn't type/ post. When you type things like that, it gets people thinking that's what I meant when it wasn't- hence a little anomosity ensues towards that said person. I'm just saying that it's fair that EVERY hostess should be limited to 5.

Some of us DO want to establish names for ourselves, but it IS true that many people might be more apt to turn towards a more seasoned hostess- which I don't have a problem with. I'll get a following of my own soon enough. I'm only hosting 2 swaps to see if I like it, see how organized I can be (which I am), to NOT overwhelm myself & to simply get the hang of it. I work 5 days a week/ 8.5 hours a day, have family & friends (and boyfriend) to deal with- just like several of you- so I'm trying to pace myself so I won't mess up my swaps. I'm sure you put that you were interested in my swap at first, but didn't like it because you're being snarky. But I've had those swaps posted for a few weeks now and not many people have joined; those same many people aren't interested- just like you say that you aren't. That's their choice. And, if what you stated was true, then it's your choice as well. We're not going to join swaps that we're not interested in. Simple.

However, it would also be nice to have a limit on ALL of us, so we ALL can have a chance. Some people overwhelm themselves with many swaps, then they come back on here and see more that they want to join, but can't. (I've done it.)

It just makes it fair for everyone.

As far as Miss Susan: when I did ATC's for the first time, she's the first person that I joined. She was very welcoming and sweet. I'll still continue to do swaps with her if I have the time. This is nothing AT ALL against Susan or the other gals on here who host several swaps at a time. I just stated my opinion on liking the 5-only rule. No need to attack me for it or take it personal.

This is obviously a passion of all of ours and change isn't always welcomed, but I think we owe it to SCS to give it a try, then make our judgment on whether or not we want to stay.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #348

YIKES! When did I become MISS Susan? I feel like the school teacher.... haha

Quote:
You're misunderstanding my point. Grandma is right: I'm not saying that hostesses should 'step aside.' Those are words that I didn't type/ post. When you type things like that, it gets people thinking that's what I meant when it wasn't- hence a little anomosity ensues towards that said person. I'm just saying that it's fair that EVERY hostess should be limited to 5.

Some of us DO want to establish names for ourselves, but it IS true that many people might be more apt to turn towards a more seasoned hostess- which I don't have a problem with. I'll get a following of my own soon enough. I'm only hosting 2 swaps to see if I like it, see how organized I can be (which I am), to NOT overwhelm myself & to simply get the hang of it. I work 5 days a week/ 8.5 hours a day, have family & friends (and boyfriend) to deal with- just like several of you- so I'm trying to pace myself so I won't mess up my swaps. I'm sure you put that you were interested in my swap at first, but didn't like it because you're being snarky. But I've had those swaps posted for a few weeks now and not many people have joined; those same many people aren't interested- just like you say that you aren't. That's their choice. And, if what you stated was true, then it's your choice as well. We're not going to join swaps that we're not interested in. Simple.

However, it would also be nice to have a limit on ALL of us, so we ALL can have a chance. Some people overwhelm themselves with many swaps, then they come back on here and see more that they want to join, but can't. (I've done it.)

It just makes it fair for everyone.

As far as Miss Susan: when I did ATC's for the first time, she's the first person that I joined. She was very welcoming and sweet. I'll still continue to do swaps with her if I have the time. This is nothing AT ALL against Susan or the other gals on here who host several swaps at a time. I just stated my opinion on liking the 5-only rule. No need to attack me for it or take it personal.

This is obviously a passion of all of ours and change isn't always welcomed, but I think we owe it to SCS to give it a try, then make our judgment on whether or not we want to stay.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #349
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
YIKES! When did I become MISS Susan? I feel like the school teacher.... haha
LOL! You're a Lady. 'Miss.'
Old 05-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #350
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Well said. I feel that some people join swaps because they like the people they meet on a swap and others join because they like the subject or want to try something new. But I don't believe that others swaps keep people from joining other swaps. I currently have a xmas swap and there are many out there but some of the people in my swaps are in all the xmas swap as that is what they feel like working on. I started out the same way one swap and then a request from a swapper for another and here I am. I think that this it getting out of hand asking hostesses to step aside because they have a good reputation. Since when is that bad.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #351
Mad Swapper

Default Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blusky View Post
Well said. I feel that some people join swaps because they like the people they meet on a swap and others join because they like the subject or want to try something new. But I don't believe that others swaps keep people from joining other swaps. I currently have a xmas swap and there are many out there but some of the people in my swaps are in all the xmas swap as that is what they feel like working on. I started out the same way one swap and then a request from a swapper for another and here I am. I think that this it getting out of hand asking hostesses to step aside because they have a good reputation. Since when is that bad.
See? That's just what I put in my post a little bit ago. I NEVER said that anyone should step aside.

Oy. Well, I'm going to stay out of this thread. My words are getting twisted & I'm not going to get worked up over something so silly.

1. I think it's fair that ALL should be able to host 5. Keep in mind that I would also have to conform to this rule if I get the hang of this & decide that I have several ideas. I'd be limited to 5 as well.
2. I do NOT think that seasoned hostesses should step aside. On the contrary, we need them to help guide us and many have great ideas.
3. The information to join this usergroup is a step in helping, not punishing ANY of us.
4. I'm a part of the usergroup, so I'm not going to worry about this anymore anyhow. If I lose some swappies, then so be it. More will come.
5. Hugs to you all. You're all wonderful gals and I'm VERY grateful to Michele (GrandmaMichelef) for telling me about this site. You're all lovely, classy ladies...something that I appreciate with this habit (sorry again....hobby). I WILL keep joining more swaps and I WILL host more if time allows it.

I'll see you all in the Swap Usergroup Forums.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #352
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
See? That's just what I put in my post a little bit ago. I NEVER said that anyone should step aside.

Oy. Well, I'm going to stay out of this thread. My words are getting twisted & I'm not going to get worked up over something so silly.

1. I think it's fair that ALL should be able to host 5. Keep in mind that I would also have to conform to this rule if I get the hang of this & decide that I have several ideas. I'd be limited to 5 as well.
2. I do NOT think that seasoned hostesses should step aside. On the contrary, we need them to help guide us and many have great ideas.
3. The information to join this usergroup is a step in helping, not punishing ANY of us.
4. I'm a part of the usergroup, so I'm not going to worry about this anymore anyhow. If I lose some swappies, then so be it. More will come.
5. Hugs to you all. You're all wonderful gals and I'm VERY grateful to Michele (GrandmaMichelef) for telling me about this site. You're all lovely, classy ladies...something that I appreciate with this habit (sorry again....hobby). I WILL keep joining more swaps and I WILL host more if time allows it.

I guess you were writing this when I sent you a pm at our home forum. Ignore the "smack upside the head" reference, ok?

Ok, Miss Susan........sorry that just cracks me up! I'm from the south and we always call people "Miss" or "Mr" something as a show of respect. Kinda funny to see Leslie do that here. So I'll just add this: Now Miss Susan, you don't go worryin' 'bout nuthin', ya hear? You make a mighty fine hostess and I'll always join your swaps even when you're limited. Of course, I'm just a po' ole magnolia hangin' on a tree, but no worries.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #353
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
I guess you were writing this when I sent you a pm at our home forum. Ignore the "smack upside the head" reference, ok?

Ok, Miss Susan........sorry that just cracks me up! I'm from the south and we always call people "Miss" or "Mr" something as a show of respect. Kinda funny to see Leslie do that here. So I'll just add this: Now Miss Susan, you don't go worryin' 'bout nuthin', ya hear? You make a mighty fine hostess and I'll always join your swaps even when you're limited. Of course, I'm just a po' ole magnolia hangin' on a tree, but no worries.
LOL! I was raised by Southern Folk.

You know, that's a good way of looking at it: I can join 5 of Susan's, 5 of Vivian's, etc. That way, I can be in ALL of them at once! (The addiction never ends)

Last edited by LittleScrappy; 05-16-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #354
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

I am encourage and help every new hostess this will not change for me. The rules are the rules and we will all have to follow them I hope swappers and hostess don't drop out. And everyone can continue to have fun.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #355
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I am encourage and help every new hostess this will not change for me. The rules are the rules and we will all have to follow them I hope swappers and hostess don't drop out. And everyone can continue to have fun.
Amen to that! I like my habit (sorry AGAIN...Hobby....it's a HOBBY, not HABIT)! That wouldn't be fair to ME to stop doing what I love!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #356
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
LOL! I was raised by Southern Folk.

You know, that's a good way of looking at it: I can join 5 of Susan's, 5 of Vivian's, etc. That way, I can be in ALL of them at once! (The addiction never ends)
I think you have joined a few of mine at the same time. LOL and the one thing you have learned well is that the addiction never ends. You can always join another swap.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #357
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Amen to that! I like my habit (sorry AGAIN...Hobby....it's a HOBBY, not HABIT)! That wouldn't be fair to ME to stop doing what I love!
Maybe you should just admit is is a habit now
Old 05-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #358
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I think you have joined a few of mine at the same time. LOL and the one thing you have learned well is that the addiction never ends. You can always join another swap.
I was in your Yellow And ???? Card Swap....I think I'm in another. I just pace myself...sometimes.

You and SilentRN (Terri) were the first swaps that I joined on here. I joined her blue swap first, then your yellow one. The both of you set a pretty good example on how to communicate with my swappers & keep a friendly environment.

Some people are nervous and want to do things right/ don't want to disappoint. They have to be comfortable when they're beginning the addiction.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #359
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
I was in your Yellow And ???? Card Swap....I think I'm in another. I just pace myself...sometimes.

You and SilentRN (Terri) were the first swaps that I joined on here. I joined her blue swap first, then your yellow one. The both of you set a pretty good example on how to communicate with my swappers & keep a friendly environment.

Some people are nervous and want to do things right/ don't want to disappoint. They have to be comfortable when they're beginning the addiction.
I think most of us feel that way I was nervous the 1st time and someone on here was very kind to me. It was another swapper in the swap I joined. I treat everyone the way I want to be treated I think if you do that then your swaps will go fine and people come back. Yes Terri is a friend and a fine hostess.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #360
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

IMO That is what Celestial_Stamper said in her first post.... Just keep hostessing and JOINING and you will get there.... I have a tendency to join swaps of those that I see in swaps I am in OR on the rare occassion (3 times now) that I hostess I join if they join mine.... MAKE SENSE???? I mean really isn't this supposed to be for fun? Let's drop the bickering, sign up give your info and move on.....