Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #241
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry

I am not trying to add fuel to anyone's flame and I committed myself to not taking a vocal stand on this matter even though I feel very strongly against the need to share my personal information and to be treated and monitored like a little child... I posted my concern in post #129 yesterday that has never been addressed. Why I am not real sure only that I shared some truths that I am sure mods don't want to address. I am feeling very frustrated, not about the need for change, but the way it is being done.

Susan, (and others like her) I want you to know that I am in total support and understand completely of where you are coming from. I think the mods need to know that you guys are not the only ones that are trying very hard to relate to both sides of the coin and yet still maintain our duty as a host and swapper. You have been an awesome Hostess, as well as many others here, I am not surprised at all in LisaCox1980's post in #212. I myself will be one of those that as soon as my swap commitments have been settled, then I too will ask to be removed. As addicted as I am to the swapping fun it is not worth all the hassles of another round of identity theft from here. It took me six months to recover from the first round.

And the sad thing is.... THERE IS NO NEED FOR ALL OF THIS! there are a million other ways of controlling the threads that does not require personal info. I think we need to find one, so that everyone can feel secure and happy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #242
Chat Box Chick

If people are still able to participate in swaps via PM, how will the mods be able to stop them from swapping if they flake?

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #243
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyFingrz View Post
You've got the idea - but not exactly right - Those are several DIFFERENT types of swaps and would need to be listed in the correct places .. But ..

Let's say you wanted to host a Beach Theamed Gift Set Swap and each person in the swap will create: An altered beach pail, a card to match, a summer recipe to go along with the pail, and an ATC sized gift card ....

See how that's different??

Also let's say you wanted to host a Beached Theme Swap for Cards you may have several different groups like

Bright and Sunny Beach Theamed Cards
Soft and Subtle Beach Theamed Cards

or

Square Beach Cards
Long Note Beach Cards

Or

SU Beach Cards
PTI Beach Cards

You're holding one swap w/several group choices

Does that make since?
Got it. I'm not "coordinated enough" to do that anyway, so you don't have to worry about me.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #244
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkStazOnMe View Post
If people are still able to participate in swaps via PM, how will the mods be able to stop them from swapping if they flake?
They will only be able to complete the swaps they have already signed up for in this manner. You cannot join any new swaps via PM. You are supposed to post to a thread that you want to join a swap (I believe this is in the swap guidelines and has been for some time). If they haven't joined the swap usergroup they will not be able to post in the forum.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #245
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Registering isn't going to change that either way. If they flake, they'll flake, and the only way to stop it will be to remove them as a member or user completely, but they have the option to do that now even. Same with hostesses. The registration will only give them contact info that they can then try to call I guess but if they didn't already send, don't know that calling them will do it either!
Quote:

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #246
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry View Post
But I am very concerned about the need to post my personal information here, I have been burned in the past by a lady that picked up my personal info here and tried some identity thief stuff. Not fun.... And I am only posting this because I feel like we all need to be up front and honest. I know you as mods try very hard to keep everything as private as possible, and I know that it is a fairly secure site, but you can not guarantee anyone that their stuff posted here or anywhere on the internet will remain only in your eye site. That is a risk we all take as internet users!
We have information locked in a database that VERY few people have access to (only admin and the group leaders). I've added all of my personal information (address and phone number. . . information that is pretty easily found by doing a google search or reverse lookup). . . and if you view my profile, you'll see none of it. Check it out.

I do understand your concerns, and appreciate you sharing them with us!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #247

Thanks, Annie.

I find it interesting to learn through this discussion how many people don't like that others come up with an idea to host before them and seem to resent it almost.

I'm not opposed to change when it can achieve the goal, nor am I in disagreement that things need to change or rules put in place, just as stated already too much, don't agree with how this is changing, I don't see how it will effect the desired change. But that is my background and experience in these matters, without sending my resume in. And, again, since I don't own the site, I'll just comply for now, at least til I have completed my commitments.

Quote:
I am not trying to add fuel to anyone's flame and I committed myself to not taking a vocal stand on this matter even though I feel very strongly against the need to share my personal information and to be treated and monitored like a little child... I posted my concern in post #129 yesterday that has never been addressed. Why I am not real sure only that I shared some truths that I am sure mods don't want to address. I am feeling very frustrated, not about the need for change, but the way it is being done.

Susan, (and others like her) I want you to know that I am in total support and understand completely of where you are coming from. I think the mods need to know that you guys are not the only ones that are trying very hard to relate to both sides of the coin and yet still maintain our duty as a host and swapper. You have been an awesome Hostess, as well as many others here, I am not surprised at all in LisaCox1980's post in #212. I myself will be one of those that as soon as my swap commitments have been settled, then I too will ask to be removed. As addicted as I am to the swapping fun it is not worth all the hassles of another round of identity theft from here. It took me six months to recover from the first round.

And the sad thing is.... THERE IS NO NEED FOR ALL OF THIS! there are a million other ways of controlling the threads that does not require personal info. I think we need to find one, so that everyone can feel secure and happy.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #248
Chat Box Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vz5dzh View Post
They will only be able to complete the swaps they have already signed up for in this manner. You cannot join any new swaps via PM. You are supposed to post to a thread that you want to join a swap (I believe this is in the swap guidelines and has been for some time). If they haven't joined the swap usergroup they will not be able to post in the forum.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Old 05-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #249
Chat Box Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Registering isn't going to change that either way. If they flake, they'll flake, and the only way to stop it will be to remove them as a member or user completely, but they have the option to do that now even. Same with hostesses. The registration will only give them contact info that they can then try to call I guess but if they didn't already send, don't know that calling them will do it either!
I think it WILL change it. If they flake, they will only flake once because then they are removed, and do not have the opportunity to flake again.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Old 05-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #250

I thought that was what happened now if they were reported as flaking. Not sure how that part will change if they could have removed them before if someone reported them as flaking.

Quote:
I think it WILL change it. If they flake, they will only flake once because then they are removed, and do not have the opportunity to flake again.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #251
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleScrappy Send a message via Skype™ to LittleScrappy

No offense to anyone, but it just seems as though it's more fussing than actual reading going on. (Again: please don't hurt me )

If the Mods say that our personal information is safe, then I trust that it is. As long as SCS isn't asking for my SS#, then I have no qualms about it. Yes, identity theft is high- especially now- but we also give our hostesses the SAME information (minus the phone numbers) when we send our swaps in. These same hostesses have our addresses and real names. In turn, the swappers have our real names and addresses as hostesses.
Susan, that's absolutely horrible that your swaps are all messed up. But it's their loss because you are a good hostess.

Last edited by LittleScrappy; 05-14-2009 at 08:34 AM..
Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #252
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
I thought that was what happened now if they were reported as flaking. Not sure how that part will change if they could have removed them before if someone reported them as flaking.
The big difference now as I see it, is that we are able to remove someone from the swaps without having to ban them from the site completely. You had to really mess up big time before you were held accountable for your actions in the past. Now we are able to deal with people who just aren't good swappers without having to kick them off the site completely. We will still take care in our decisions and reasearch the issues, but this way we are able to take more appropriate action.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #253
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
The big difference now as I see it, is that we are able to remove someone from the swaps without having to ban them from the site completely. You had to really mess up big time before you were held accountable for your actions in the past. Now we are able to deal with people who just aren't good swappers without having to kick them off the site completely. We will still take care in our decisions and reasearch the issues, but this way we are able to take more appropriate action.
That makes sense to me.

My Blog
I Designed For PaperWorks Co
Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #254
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleScrappy Send a message via Skype™ to LittleScrappy

Quote:
I can dig it. That's a great way of putting it.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #255
Chat Box Chick

Quote:
Excellent!

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Old 05-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #256
Hardware Hotshot

Default Just checking in...

I know I can always depend on a "veteran hostess" to do a great job, and that's why I continue to swap with them. I agree that some hostesses are more than capable of handling numerous swaps, and I am sad to see a limit imposed on these individuals.

However I also know not every host is equally reliable, and I understand the need for our monitors to be able to do their job in protecting the integrity of this site and ensuring that both the host & participating swapper are protected.

I don't think veteran hostesses hinder newbies from opening new swaps. I am always willing to support a newbie hostess's swap, and even plan to host my own swap very soon.

There are a lot of "copycat hosts" out there that I find much more annoying than the "Hostess Hogs" and hopefully the new "rules" will help regulate that.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #257
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work the MOD's do to keep this site working so good
Old 05-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #258
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalcer View Post
We have information locked in a database that VERY few people have access to (only admin and the group leaders). I've added all of my personal information (address and phone number. . . information that is pretty easily found by doing a google search or reverse lookup). . . and if you view my profile, you'll see none of it. Check it out.

I do understand your concerns, and appreciate you sharing them with us!
Just so you know.... my identity theft issue was not from any outside personal information search like Google or other outside internet resources, It was from right here at SCS... The Lady stole my info along with a couple of others and tried to use it. She was caught up with simply because my Name is so different and I had outside protection options in place. I understand that SCS does the best they can, just like many other sites, but the sad thing is you are an open forum and things to happen. I didn't fault SCS then nor do I fault anyone here now, because I was the stupid one who choose to post my personal info. The thing still remains that there are other options to track us other than by personal info. I belong to several other groups here and not one has asked for that info. All I am asking is...Just please be very careful when you give a guarantee that you can't uphold... It will come back to haunt you!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #259
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Just so you know.... my identity theft issue was not from any outside personal information search like Google or other outside internet resources, It was from right here at SCS... The Lady stole my info along with a couple of others and tried to use it. She was caught up with simply because my Name is so different and I had outside protection options in place. I understand that SCS does the best they can, just like many other sites, but the sad thing is you are an open forum and things to happen. I didn't fault SCS then nor do I fault anyone here now, because I was the stupid one who choose to post my personal info. The thing still remains that there are other options to track us other than by personal info. I belong to several other groups here and not one has asked for that info. All I am asking is...Just please be very careful when you give a guarantee that you can't uphold... It will come back to haunt you!
Did they get it from the RAK group? I see you are a memeber. The RAK group has a list for all the other RAK group members to see and I believe you are aware of that when you join that group. If you hostess and post your address and other info right in the 1st post of the thread, it is right out there for the world to see. Joining the swap group and having your info hidden from the other members is much more secure in my view.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #260
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks, Annie.

I find it interesting to learn through this discussion how many people don't like that others come up with an idea to host before them and seem to resent it almost.

I'm not opposed to change when it can achieve the goal, nor am I in disagreement that things need to change or rules put in place, just as stated already too much, don't agree with how this is changing, I don't see how it will effect the desired change. But that is my background and experience in these matters, without sending my resume in. And, again, since I don't own the site, I'll just comply for now, at least til I have completed my commitments.
I agree.... I just wanted you to know that you were not alone.

And as far as your first paragraph thought..... I was so surprised when I read that yesterday....... I had never even given it a thought not from a HOST nor Swapper's point of view. SO WHAT IF THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME KIND OF SWAP? There are a lot of us here and sometimes I have joined more than one of the same swap because different people had signed up for them and it was easier for me to make 10 or 12 of the same card than it was to do two different swaps.

Crazyness..... and in the famous words of Forrest Gump...."And that's all I have to say about that".
Old 05-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #261
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Did they get it from the RAK group? I see you are a memeber. The RAK group has a list for all the other RAK group members to see and I believe you are aware of that when you join that group. If you hostess and post your address and other info right in the 1st post of the thread, it is right out there for the world to see. Joining the swap group and having your info hidden from the other members is much more secure in my view.
Oh boy, after reading this I'm going back right now on all my swaps and changing to: please pm me for my address when you are ready to send. Even though it's more of a pain.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #262
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
You are correct in this group being more secure than some of the other groups here... And yes I participate in the swaps here so I do know that my name and address is out there, but I cover my bases. Where I live and where my swaps go are never the same, where I live is personal.

And in answer to your question, I am not sure where she got it from only it and she was traced back here to SCS. And she has never been back on since. I do know that she was given a very heavy fine and spent 90 days in jail because she was caught in the process of and held lots of fake ID's that she had used for over a couple of years. In fact her ID here was totally fake... SAD but true!

I support you guys totally and completely, I just was asking you to be careful in your promises and to ask you all to be a little more sympathetic to those of us that have been there or don't want to go there.... And to see if there isn't some other way that we could make this work so that everyone would feel comfortable in the fun.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #263
SCS Swap Moderator

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic. I'm just not sure what else would do the trick.
Having a phone number to call when someone goes missing instead of trying to search the internet for one is helpful to us. I think we have even tried contacting a missing hostess by mail.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #264
Mad Swapper

I just think it's a bit redundant to have 10-12 of the same exact swap with 10-12 different hostesses. (Since I know that was probably directed towards me.)
Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #265
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
I'm not trying to be unsympathetic. I'm just not sure what else would do the trick.
Having a phone number to call when someone goes missing instead of trying to search the internet for one is helpful to us. I think we have even tried contacting a missing hostess by mail.
Yes you have as I was on that swap LOL but all turned out well.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #266
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blusky View Post
I am a hostess and a swapper. I have lost all my threads and have already joined the group.
And you are a great hostess too!

So, if I am in a swap, but do not sign up, and have sent mine in to the hostess, then I still will get my swapped cards back, correct?

yeah-that will be my last swap. Sorry. I know you guys are trying but that is just one more step in my life I don't want.

All the swaps I have been in have been great~even if someone lost my bra cards for a day!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #267
SCS Swap Moderator

Yes Linda, you should still get your swap cards back. Starting Monday you will be able to see the threads and can PM the hostess, but you won't be able to post to a thread or start a new one in the swaps area. Sorry that you don't want to join.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #268
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53queenbee View Post
And you are a great hostess too!

So, if I am in a swap, but do not sign up, and have sent mine in to the hostess, then I still will get my swapped cards back, correct?

yeah-that will be my last swap. Sorry. I know you guys are trying but that is just one more step in my life I don't want.

All the swaps I have been in have been great~even if someone lost my bra cards for a day!
Thank you Linda if You are in mine you know I will send them back to you. I do hope to see you again. Sorry you have decided not to join the user group. I so enjoy you and your humor. Will miss you. Am sadden that we are losing you.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #269
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I am new to hosting and wanted to state that even with an address and a phone number that really does not help. I was recently in a swap where the hostess went missing for 2 months. I tried, emailing, snail mail and even calling her home to have them answer and hang up on me when I asked for the hostess. Now that hostess is back on with swaps going and still swapping with no explaination as to where she was for two months. Mods were even contacted and they could not reach her. She even was a SU demo and if scs is having trouble with her wonder if SU had trouble with her.
I really don't see where giving my address and number will matter. Like with that hostess, SU website, phone number and cell number and still no one would talk to you. I can only see that the disappointment will be that the good hostesses will only have 5 swaps where the bad hostesses will still be able to host with just a slap on the wrist. Makes no sense.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #270
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhawes View Post
I am new to hosting and wanted to state that even with an address and a phone number that really does not help. I was recently in a swap where the hostess went missing for 2 months. I tried, emailing, snail mail and even calling her home to have them answer and hang up on me when I asked for the hostess. Now that hostess is back on with swaps going and still swapping with no explaination as to where she was for two months. Mods were even contacted and they could not reach her. She even was a SU demo and if scs is having trouble with her wonder if SU had trouble with her.
I really don't see where giving my address and number will matter. Like with that hostess, SU website, phone number and cell number and still no one would talk to you. I can only see that the disappointment will be that the good hostesses will only have 5 swaps where the bad hostesses will still be able to host with just a slap on the wrist. Makes no sense.

I told myself that I was going to stay out of this but I so agree with you. I'm sorry that the Mods have to deal with all this mess but why is penalizing everyone for the actions of others an answer?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #271
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to christy1807

Ok I am confused, "where do we apply" I do not show nothing....about applying, I thought being a member is having the SN and password..
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #272
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
just to play the flip side and give food to thought..... Is it their real phone #? If they want to Flake they will...

Okay, I'll shut-up now!

I think this is going to be great..... Thanks for being there for us!!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #273
Watercolor Wizard

Just for the record, which many of you do not seem to realize, the swap forum moderators are all VOLUNTEERS. We do not get paid to do this job.

The 5 swap limit is not a punishment or a penalty. We saw the need to limit the amount of swaps for two reasons:

1) There were a few instances when a hostess just disappeared and left several dozens (in one case hundreds of swappers) in limbo. We the moderators field several PMs a day regarding hostesses that run off with cards, postage and money - factor everyone's time into that and well, you can image all the unhappy PMs we receive. By limiting the number of swaps, we are hoping to limit the number of disappointed swappers in case something like this happens again.

2) We also receive PMs asking us to put limits on the number of swaps that a hostess can swap. We are answering that call.

As for the information that we are gathering. Again there are a few reasons for this:

1) To have contact information in case we do need to contact people for swap issues. Having a phone number and an address are two other methods of contacting people other than a PM or an email. Sometimes we have to exhaust all means necessary to get to someone and sometimes we never hear from them. If we have the ability to remove them from the group, then we can prevent them from disappointing others in the future.

2) Also having their contact info can help to identify those that are coming back with a different user name. Sure, they can just put whatever they want in the fields, but we are hoping that people are honest - which if they were, there would be no need for moderators.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #274
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
just to play the flip side and give food to thought..... Is it their real phone #? If they want to Flake they will...
And if they flake, they will be removed.

We would hope that people are honest and give use the correct info, but like I said in my previous post, if people were honest, there would be no need for moderators.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #275
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

While I agree that there need to be rules & that swappers & hostesses need to be held accountable, I'm really going to have trouble with the "5 open swaps" part. I generally have 8-9 open at any given time, especially around the holidays. I hate the idea of quicker due dates!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #276
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy1807 View Post
Ok I am confused, "where do we apply" I do not show nothing....about applying, I thought being a member is having the SN and password..
You are applying to be a member of the Swap Forums. Check out this thread for more info:

The Swap Forum is Now a User Group! How to Sign Up & Important Rules HERE

It has links and directions of what to do.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #277
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDiegoGal View Post
Just for the record, which many of you do not seem to realize, the swap forum moderators are all VOLUNTEERS. We do not get paid to do this job.

The 5 swap limit is not a punishment or a penalty. We saw the need to limit the amount of swaps for two reasons:

1) There were a few instances when a hostess just disappeared and left several dozens (in one case hundreds of swappers) in limbo. We the moderators field several PMs a day regarding hostesses that run off with cards, postage and money - factor everyone's time into that and well, you can image all the unhappy PMs we receive. By limiting the number of swaps, we are hoping to limit the number of disappointed swappers in case something like this happens again.

2) We also receive PMs asking us to put limits on the number of swaps that a hostess can swap. We are answering that call.

As for the information that we are gathering. Again there are a few reasons for this:

1) To have contact information in case we do need to contact people for swap issues. Having a phone number and an address are two other methods of contacting people other than a PM or an email. Sometimes we have to exhaust all means necessary to get to someone and sometimes we never hear from them. If we have the ability to remove them from the group, then we can prevent them from disappointing others in the future.

2) Also having their contact info can help to identify those that are coming back with a different user name. Sure, they can just put whatever they want in the fields, but we are hoping that people are honest - which if they were, there would be no need for moderators.
I understand why the changes were made. And we all hope that people are honest but that is not always the case. I agree with you. I would also like to say that I do appreciate your time. But I am still disappointed as to the limit one is able to host as I do send my swaps back.
Ok am I to understand that we are to report all flakers on swaps as part of this new regs.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #278
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to christy1807

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestial_stamper View Post
While I agree that there need to be rules & that swappers & hostesses need to be held accountable, I'm really going to have trouble with the "5 open swaps" part. I generally have 8-9 open at any given time, especially around the holidays. I hate the idea of quicker due dates!
I can relate...!! I join everyone of c_s's swap...because is a hostess we can all count on! From personal exp. from hosting and swapping "most" of us know upfront who the flakers are going to be...and we do seem to stick together on all the swaps....all the regulars...I think maybe we should have a vote and nominate names of hostess that we know to allow them to have more swaps they can host...to not set a limit on those that are the good one's!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #279
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy1807 View Post
I can relate...!! I join everyone of c_s's swap...because is a hostess we can all count on! From personal exp. from hosting and swapping "most" of us know upfront who the flakers are going to be...and we do seem to stick together on all the swaps....all the regulars...I think maybe we should have a vote and nominate names of hostess that we know to allow them to have more swaps they can host...to not set a limit on those that are the good one's!
Oh yes there is an idea. I know serveral good ones on here. I may not be in every swap they host but they do a great job when I am in their swaps and it is seen on their threads.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #280
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhawes View Post
We are not at liberty to discuss what happens in other people's lives. The hostess is not required to give you an explanation. If they had a valid reason for being gone and have fulfilled the obligations we asked of them, then yes they probably are back hostessing swaps.