Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #361
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Well said. I personally think this new set of guidelines is a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewby View Post
Ok I must say from the flip side. I have hosted MANY swaps in the past year that I have been on SCS. However there have been SEVERAL times that I have thought of a swap to host, have gone to the thread list, and see that it's already being hosted by a hostess that has 10+ open swaps. I command these hostess for thinking of it before me but at the same time it's a bummer and let down to someone that can only handle 5 or less swaps at a time. It's not fair to those of us that can not multi-task like others. Like Michelle said it will allow EVERYONE including new members to SCS to have a chance to host a swap and reap the rewards so to say.

I can not tell you how many close SCS friends I have seen drop off the threads due to these disappoinments. Some of the girls have been on SCS for quiet some time. I just hate to see it happen to new people as well.

Just a little more of my two sense!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

I'm going to host my limit of 5, follow all of the rules & have fun. I'm sorry that some have chosen to give up rather than hang in & see what happens. SCS is a great place to be for many reasons!

Last edited by celestial_stamper; 05-17-2009 at 03:30 PM..
Old 05-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #363
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

I put in my application the first day this was announced, I've not been approved and I am not in the forum from what I can tell. Come tomorrow it seems I won't be able to see any of the swaps I'm in or continue with my own swap? Not sure how that's going to work out for the few people I have signed up for my first swap I'm hostessing, but I'll do my best! Just know that if you signed up for the wine/grape swap of mine, I'll do what I can until I'm "in" or if I'm not approved, I'll try my best to get everything finalized as promised.

This is sooo confusing!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #364
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
I put in my application the first day this was announced, I've not been approved and I am not in the forum from what I can tell. Come tomorrow it seems I won't be able to see any of the swaps I'm in or continue with my own swap? Not sure how that's going to work out for the few people I have signed up for my first swap I'm hostessing, but I'll do my best! Just know that if you signed up for the wine/grape swap of mine, I'll do what I can until I'm "in" or if I'm not approved, I'll try my best to get everything finalized as promised.

This is sooo confusing!
Maybe it's all of the glitches SCS has been having today. I'm sure that they are doing everything they can to make the changes go as smoothly as possible. Anyway--I just signed up for your swap. It sounded like a lot of fun & I already have the perfect DSP!!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #365
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for signing up. Not sure what I'll do once "tomorrow" hits. But can't stress about what I can't control!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:32 AM   #366
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

This is sooo confusing!
You are in the group. If you look at your group memberships it lists 4 and one of them is swap hostesses and participants. If you were not approved you would've gotten a PM from one of us saying that you didn't fill out all the info and to go back and do that and resubmit.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:28 AM   #367
Pearl-ExPert

Arrow

OOPS you already had your answer, sorry. Click on your name in the upper right of the page where it says welcome. When you get to your edit details page look on the LEFT side of the page and click on groups. When that opens it will list all of the groups you belong to. If you filled out your personnal details correctly the swap group should be listed there.

Quote:

This is sooo confusing!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #368
Pearl-ExPert

So it only took me your post and about three days to realize my "group memberships" are under my profile and not the forums or home page.....I've been everywhere! Heck, I'm still learning! Craziness! I have no objections to the safeguards being put in place, just a little harder for us newbies who still stumble and bumble around in the dark most days!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #369
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
So it only took me your post and about three days to realize my "group memberships" are under my profile and not the forums or home page.....I've been everywhere! Heck, I'm still learning! Craziness! I have no objections to the safeguards being put in place, just a little harder for us newbies who still stumble and bumble around in the dark most days!
This whole thing is new for all of us. I'm not sure if the change over has happened yet. Ha ha. Someone who isn't in the group try and post to a thread and let me know. I'm thinking it hasn't happened yet. The site has been acting up the last couple of days maybe they want to get that straightened out first.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #370
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vz5dzh View Post
This whole thing is new for all of us. I'm not sure if the change over has happened yet. Ha ha. Someone who isn't in the group try and post to a thread and let me know. I'm thinking it hasn't happened yet. The site has been acting up the last couple of days maybe they want to get that straightened out first.
exactly! I'd like to push it back to Friday at least. . . . we'll post here to let you know, for sure!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #371
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a question.
I am participating in a swap and I mailed 2 weeks ago. Plenty of time to arrive. Needless to say - It still has not arrived to the hostess. It must be lost.
I am not the only one that this happens to and most of cannot afford to add DC# to the packages. How is this going to be handled? Is this going to go against swappers and hostess now when a package goes MIA?
I know I have replaced a few packages that got lost on return back to the swappers. I always do that when I host. But I am really concerned if a lost package is going to go against and get us banned when we are participants in a swap??
Old 05-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #372
SCS Swap Moderator

We understand that packages do get lost from time to time. If I didn't get DC I would hang on to my receipt from the PO. If it is an issue that occurs often we do ask the participant to get DC.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #373

I think I have signed up for a swap. I WILL NOT be posting any personal information on this site to be approved. Can I back out of this swap without being penalized. Nothing againest SCS but do to recent events I do not feel comfortable letting virtual strangers have my address or phone number.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #374
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I wondered but since things are at least approved on this end, I'll just sit back and see how this all plays out.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #375
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody5gray View Post
I think I have signed up for a swap. I WILL NOT be posting any personal information on this site to be approved. Can I back out of this swap without being penalized. Nothing againest SCS but do to recent events I do not feel comfortable letting virtual strangers have my address or phone number.
I went back through your posts and 4 weeks ago you posted in an image swap, but the hostess wanted confirmation from you on the number of spots and you didn't post back. I don't see you on her list of swappers so I think you are safe. Looks like the other swaps you were in are done already.

If you were signed up for any swaps you should finish them up. Once this goes live you won't be able to post in the thread, but you could still read the thread and communicate with the hostess via PM. You will not be able to sign up for any new swaps without joining the group because you need to post in the thread to sign up for a spot and you won't be able to do that.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #376
Hardware Hotshot

a question by a swapper has been asked....so as a hostess i am asking you guys(hope it hasn't already been asked)

if a person is in more than one of your swaps and wants to mail all swaps together is it okay? and then the hostess return all when last swap is completed? i would think it would be okay if everyone was communicating...just wanted to ask! TIA!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:23 AM   #377
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaswife View Post
a question by a swapper has been asked....so as a hostess i am asking you guys(hope it hasn't already been asked)

if a person is in more than one of your swaps and wants to mail all swaps together is it okay? and then the hostess return all when last swap is completed? i would think it would be okay if everyone was communicating...just wanted to ask! TIA!
I would say that is fine if the hostess and swapper want to make that arrangement.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #378
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I would say that is fine if the hostess and swapper want to make that arrangement.
thanks~soooooo much~ have a great tuesday!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 AM   #379
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Jody - check with the hostess on it too, if its me, just PM me and I will understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody5gray View Post

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:24 AM   #380
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Some hostesses don't like to do it as it gets confusing, mine I am okay with doing that, as long as they arrive before the first due date of the swaps so they aren't holding them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaswife View Post

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:48 AM   #381
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Some hostesses don't like to do it as it gets confusing, mine I am okay with doing that, as long as they arrive before the first due date of the swaps so they aren't holding them up.
oh heavens! definitely not speaking for anyone else! I DON'T MIND DOIN IT as long as they arrive before the first due date of the swaps also...
Old 05-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #382
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to ms.rhetta

Ok, even though I strongly disagree with the concept of having to be approved to swap/hostess, where do you get the application and where do you send it off too?

That has been talked around but never answered.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #383
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rhetta View Post
Ok, even though I strongly disagree with the concept of having to be approved to swap/hostess, where do you get the application and where do you send it off too?

That has been talked around but never answered.
Please read through this thread:
The Swap Forum is Now a User Group! How to Sign Up & Important Rules HERE

Post #5 has links to the application.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #384
Pearl-ExPert

Default Hostess Idea

On my swaps I'm hosting I've asked my swappers to check in if they have registered so I know who I can communicate with by posting and who will need to get info pm'd (I like to send reminders...okay I'm kind of a pest...about the due dates). I've jokingly referred to it as "earning your star" on my threads (that is, I put a star by their name if they are registered in the Swap Forum and can post).

So far, swappers are saying, "Here I am...give me my star..."

I'm hoping that this way, I won't have anyone back out or flake because of the new rules on the swaps I've already got going and I keep track of everyone.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #385
Die Cut Diva

I'm not comfortable displaying my home address to everyone on SCS. Is there a way for my address to be displayed for only those participating in the swaps?
Thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #386
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaniels View Post
I'm not comfortable displaying my home address to everyone on SCS. Is there a way for my address to be displayed for only those participating in the swaps?
Thanks
It won't be displayed to everyone. Only the moderators will be able to view it in your profile. When you edit your profile you will see a link that says something like "view my profile as others will see it". If you click that you will see what everyone else sees.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #387
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
It won't be displayed to everyone. Only the moderators will be able to view it in your profile. When you edit your profile you will see a link that says something like "view my profile as others will see it". If you click that you will see what everyone else sees.
Thanks so much.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #388
Matboard Maniac

I am sorta new here, not many posts, but been lurking like forever! lol
I have been thinking of doing a swap, but being I have so few posts, wasn't sure if I should. But this does encourage me to go ahead and try. I am just participating in my first swaps now, and am very excited about it. Thanks to everyone here, and all the creativity spilling over, I am getting more creative because of you all!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #389
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

go for it--the numbers of posts is not an issue to me nor most others I would think. Join Up! Glad to have you, Barb

Where are you from in Wisconsin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHohlfeld View Post
I have been thinking of doing a swap, but being I have so few posts, wasn't sure if I should. But this does encourage me to go ahead and try. I am just participating in my first swaps now, and am very excited about it. Thanks to everyone here, and all the creativity spilling over, I am getting more creative because of you all!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 06-25-2009 at 01:37 PM..
Old 05-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #390
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
got for it--the numbers of posts is not an issue to me nor most others I would think. Join Up! Glad to have you, Barb

Where are you from in Wisconsin?

That is what I told her! Her first swap is right here!!

A few spots left!**FARM ATC'S & INCHIES**MANY CATEGORIES***DUE AUGUST 1ST
Old 05-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #391
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHohlfeld View Post
Take the plunge and go for it. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #392
Insane Embellisher

If they are not a member, they just get a message saying they need to apply.

I personally don't forsee being a member deterring someone from completing their swap, or even PMing a hostess if there is a question.

If we do run into this problem, it will be an initial problem. In the long run, these changes should reduce the number of people that fail to complete a swap.

Yeah, right. Someone was standing in the popcorn line when the Lord was passing out brains! I can't think of a sloppier way to handle a huge transition like this. I received no notification at all until my posts wouldn't post. I will no longer be participating in swaps, not because of the million other reasons posted in this thread, but because of the sneaky, underhanded and unprofessional way this transition was handled. SCS has so many forms of media available to them, and they certainly worked hard to conceal this from swap users until it was already accomplished. There was no notice in the newsletter, on the home page or any other logical place. It is really interesting to me that they are working so hard to conceal this.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:36 AM   #393
SCS Swap Moderator

There is an announcement posted at the top of every swap forum that let people know about the upcoming change. I think it has been there since around the 13th of this month. We also went and posted messages in several of the active swaps to let people know of the upcoming change. We definitely weren't trying to be sneaky. Sorry that you overlooked it.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #394
Pearl-ExPert

I too, am sorry you missed the notice. This is a great site and a great way to meet people, buy, sell, trade, swap, learn new techniques....and on and on. I was notified on all of the swaps I was in and signed up ASAP because I have spent money and time and then GOT FLAKED on more than one occasion. I think this is a way to stop some of these people from being less than honest. I think you are cutting your nose off to spite your face. JMO.
It is a privledge to be member of this site not a right. My hats are off to the folks that started and maintain this meeting place...Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgraw01 View Post
If they are not a member, they just get a message saying they need to apply.

I personally don't forsee being a member deterring someone from completing their swap, or even PMing a hostess if there is a question.

If we do run into this problem, it will be an initial problem. In the long run, these changes should reduce the number of people that fail to complete a swap.

Yeah, right. Someone was standing in the popcorn line when the Lord was passing out brains! I can't think of a sloppier way to handle a huge transition like this. I received no notification at all until my posts wouldn't post. I will no longer be participating in swaps, not because of the million other reasons posted in this thread, but because of the sneaky, underhanded and unprofessional way this transition was handled. SCS has so many forms of media available to them, and they certainly worked hard to conceal this from swap users until it was already accomplished. There was no notice in the newsletter, on the home page or any other logical place. It is really interesting to me that they are working so hard to conceal this.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #395
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgraw01 View Post
Ouch, really? Seriously? Wow.

We have almost 900 people that are currently members of the swap forum. It appears they didn't have nearly as much trouble as you did. Like Lorien said. I'm sorry you overlooked it.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #396
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to stampit74

SCS is a GREAT site...I appreciate the integrity I sense behind the decisions being made. Thanks to all for listening and improving the site!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #397
Insane Embellisher

Hmmmm....900 out of 100,000 users isn't such a great number. I never was very good in math, but that doesn't even seen to be 1%.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #398
Insane Embellisher

I will say this: Maybe before someone here makes a big change like this, they could give us a heads up that this may be coming and then ask for suggestions. That way people feel a part of the process and not just left out in the cold and then struck by a thunderstorm.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #399
Stazon Splitcoast

Since not every member uses the swap boards, we think that's a pretty decent number, and we're happy to see it grow pretty consistently. We certainly are not trying to conceal the change or be sneaky and underhanded - we figured the best way to get the word out to active swappers would be to post an announcement in every swap forum (you can find it at the top of the forums listings), and post notes directing swappers to the message in active swap threads, too. We can certainly post a message on the home page. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #400
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDiegoGal View Post
Ouch, really? Seriously? Wow.

We have almost 900 people that are currently members of the swap forum. It appears they didn't have nearly as much trouble as you did. Like Lorien said. I'm sorry you overlooked it.
And it seems you entirely missed my point. I have no issue joining the swap forum, as I already have. My issue is the [B]method[B], or more prescisely lack of method, in which SCS notified it's customers of a huge change in the user's experience.