Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #281
Rubber Obsessor

The Merry Everything set is by far my favorite...so far! LOL! Love those bunnies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #282
LSN
Glitter Guru

I am having such a hard time trying to resist this release, after all it is TCP and I have been a good girl this year. I lost my job on Monday, and while I am confident that I'll get a job quickly the time of year just couldn't be worse.

I talked myself out of ordering last night and then talked myself into ordering again this morning. LOL The new Sprinkle and the new Snowflake topper just has to be mine!

Linda
Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #283
LSN
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennik View Post
*Snort** I had the same thought when I saw that!!

jennik
I know right? Flabby vs Skanky? Hard to say which is worse! Gotta love the automatic spell check! NOT....LOL!

Linda
Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #284
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN View Post
I am having such a hard time trying to resist this release, after all it is TCP and I have been a good girl this year. I lost my job on Monday, and while I am confident that I'll get a job quickly the time of year just couldn't be worse.

I talked myself out of ordering last night and then talked myself into ordering again this morning. LOL The new Sprinkle and the new Snowflake topper just has to be mine!

Linda
Oh NO! I am so sorry Linda! That timing really stinks! I do hope you get a GREAT new job soon, a BETTER one, in a better location with better hours and better pay as well!! GOOD LUCK!!

Until then, HUGS!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #285
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasse View Post

Are you ready for Wintery fun? On November 27 we'll be releasing our Winter 2012 Collection, and you can win it!

With New Stamp Sets and 5 New CutUps Dies, we'll be giving you a Sneaky Peek on this forum each day.

Want to win something from the collection?! All you have to do is comment on this thread. It can be about anything, the Sneaky Peeks, videos, how-tos, something you'd like to see, the weather. Anything you want.

Then each day during Sneaky Peek Week, starting on Wednesday, November 21, we'll randomly choose a winner from the comments on this thread. The winner will win the set that we Sneaky Peeked the previous day.

And all you have to do to win is comment! The more comments the better. Easy Peasy. We'll announce the winner each day on the Sneaky Peek thread for that day, and the winner has one week to PM me.

So who will be first?? I know you have plenty to say!
Always wanting to win! I love your stamps, especially the cute penguins!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #286
LSN
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick View Post
Oh NO! I am so sorry Linda! That timing really stinks! I do hope you get a GREAT new job soon, a BETTER one, in a better location with better hours and better pay as well!! GOOD LUCK!!

Until then, HUGS!!!
Thank you! I've looked upon this week as a nice opportunity to be at home with my two boys during their Thanksgiving break. My stress level is way down (the stress at my old job was horrible so for me to be less stressed and unemployed is pretty telling) and besides updating my resume and applying for a few positions, I've been in my craft room organizing and prepping my December Daily. I've really missed stamping and my TCP stamps especially (all these new goodies getting peeked really had me reaching for quite a few of my existing goodies) to just create. I know there will be a TCP snowflake or two or a sassy Sprinkle image making its way onto my pages (especially the Sprinkle in the tree with having three black kitties).

Linda
Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #287
Inking Addict

Love the "tremendous" stamp and the way Amy showcased it. The image contains so much true-to-life humor!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #288
Stazon Splitcoast

Love the fabulous cards for today's sneak peek! Can't wait to get my hands on some new TCP goodies. I think I'll pull out last year's TCP stamps and use them on some holiday cards today.

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #289
Glitter Queen

Default Cat's Pajama's Sneak Peek In It To Win It

My daughter and I just love the penguins! I think we have almost every set and I just used the Penguins watching a movie set yesterday to give a card with some movie tickets to a friend!! They loved the card too! Thank you for coming up with fun ways to use cute Penguins!!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #290
Member Company

Quote:

Linda
I am so sorry to hear this, Linda. Definitely not the best time to lose a job. I can only think this means a better one will be coming along. Things happen for a reason.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #291
Glitter Queen

Merry everything is too cute - double bunnies!!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #292
Glitter Queen

The bear and igloo are so sweet - Tree-mendous just made me giggle!! And I love the step card that Nancy featured it on!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #293
Member Company

I just posted the winner of "Merry Everything" in this thread! Did you win?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #294
Member Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggie View Post
The bear and igloo are so sweet - Tree-mendous just made me giggle!! And I love the step card that Nancy featured it on!
It's AHmazing! Makes me want to do one myself!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #295
LSN
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Meowy View Post
I am so sorry to hear this, Linda. Definitely not the best time to lose a job. I can only think this means a better one will be coming along. Things happen for a reason.
Thanks Alma! I have to agree...things do happen for a reason. I was miserable at that job and shed more tears than I care to admit just from the stress of working there. My stress level is already much improved (and this really speaks to me as being unemployed this time of year is highly stressful in and of itself). Things will work out and I will treat myself to say swanky new goodies as proof to myself that it will all turn out OK.

Linda
Old 11-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #296
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks Alma! I have to agree...things do happen for a reason. I was miserable at that job and shed more tears than I care to admit just from the stress of working there. My stress level is already much improved (and this really speaks to me as being unemployed this time of year is highly stressful in and of itself). Things will work out and I will treat myself to say swanky new goodies as proof to myself that it will all turn out OK.

Linda
That it how it worked out for me too when I was laid off - I too was LESS stressed overall (embarrassed of course, but once that was over I was just relieved!). When I was working there my doctor had told me if I didn't look for a new job I was seriously shortening my life span with all the negative consequences the stress was taking on my body. When one door closes, another opens. I used the opportunity to reflect on what would make me happy, went back to school and ended up changing careers entirely. MUCH happier now! I hope the same happens for you!!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #297
Inking Addict

TCP products are new to me, and it is fun looking at the stamps, dies and sample projects.

I have a question about the dies: Will they work in the red Sizzix machine? The one I have uses an acrylic plate and has an optional adapter. It cuts the thinner Sizzlit dies and also the thicker ones if the magnetic adapter is removed. Cutting is accomplished by pulling down on a handle rather than by cranking the die through. Has anyone tried the thin metal dies with success in a machine like mine?

I love the die that creates the look of a sheet torn from a spiral. This is ironic as I am a teacher who hates those little bits all over the classroom!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #298
Cardstock Collector

Default Too Cute!

Oh the sneaky peeks are just too cute. Love them holding the present, what a great card it would make!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #299
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Linda
Oh, Linda. So sorry to read this. But it sounds like you are taking it as a sign that bigger and better things are headed your way. Onward & upward!

Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #300
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Miller View Post
TCP products are new to me, and it is fun looking at the stamps, dies and sample projects.

I have a question about the dies: Will they work in the red Sizzix machine? The one I have uses an acrylic plate and has an optional adapter. It cuts the thinner Sizzlit dies and also the thicker ones if the magnetic adapter is removed. Cutting is accomplished by pulling down on a handle rather than by cranking the die through. Has anyone tried the thin metal dies with success in a machine like mine?

I love the die that creates the look of a sheet torn from a spiral. This is ironic as I am a teacher who hates those little bits all over the classroom!
Hi, Christine - Welcome to TCP! We love it when new people discover our swanky stamping stuff! I'm not very familiar with the red Sizzix machine - have you used other companies' dies in it before (other than Sizzix)? If so, ours will work, too. If not... Hmm... I'll look around to see if I can find an answer. Anyone else out there know?
Old 11-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #301
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCarMa View Post
Hi, Christine - Welcome to TCP! We love it when new people discover our swanky stamping stuff! I'm not very familiar with the red Sizzix machine - have you used other companies' dies in it before (other than Sizzix)? If so, ours will work, too. If not... Hmm... I'll look around to see if I can find an answer. Anyone else out there know?
I've not tried anything but Sizzix/Ellison dies in my machine, and internet searches don't yield much info. I was hoping a "real live" stamper would know. Thanks for helping me find an answer.

PS: Your blog is wonderful!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #302
I Heart Hugs

Eeeeek! I love the bear and igloo!!

I design for Whisker Graphics (Divine Twine)
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #303
Pearl-ExPert

Linda that stinks about your job but I'm hoping another door opens for you soon. Look at this as a great time to be with your family and relax a little bit.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #304
Compulsive Stamper

I can't decide whether I love the bunnies best or Miss Sparkle!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #305
Die Cut Diva

Hello ladies! Super cute projects so far! Too much swankiness for one release party - understandable you had to do a special early-order session to make it easier on us.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #306
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Miller View Post
I've not tried anything but Sizzix/Ellison dies in my machine, and internet searches don't yield much info. I was hoping a "real live" stamper would know. Thanks for helping me find an answer.

PS: Your blog is wonderful!
Hi Christine! I'm not sure about your machine either- I still have my ancient Cuttlebug! But check out this link: Welcome to the Cat's Pajamas

Hopefully, you'll see something there that will answer your question!!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #307
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Sorry to hear about your job Linda but it sounds like maybe I shouldn't be TOO sorry!! I've been in that same place - a highly stressful job (with a horrible boss) and it's no fun at all!! I ended up in a much better place and was so thankful for it!! Everything will works out!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #308
Compulsive Stamper

I seem to be behind the times, because I can't figure out where you post the winners. Help!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #309
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, finally caught up on the thread. You ladies are chatty! This really is a " need it all" kind of release isn't it? I guess I'm about to do DH's Christmas shopping for him, lol.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #310
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Linda
Sorry to hear about your job. Thinking good thoughts for you.

jennik
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #311
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the igloo/tree!!! Since I ALWAYS have tree issues, this one really speaks to me!! One year, I ended up using fishing line to tie the tree to the ceiling so it wouldn't tip over. That's how I roll.

jennik
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #312
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelle View Post
Wow, finally caught up on the thread. You ladies are chatty! This really is a " need it all" kind of release isn't it? I guess I'm about to do DH's Christmas shopping for him, lol.
I like your style!! That way the gift is sure to be a big sucess!! Guarenteed!!

jennik
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #313
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I had such fun discovering the whole release on Friday on the TCP Website - and such a hard time making a final selection for my order, trying to figure out what I needed. (*Needing* being a very loose criteria whenever I buy paper crafts supplies...)

Visit my gallery! ... or my blog (Yes, I caved!)
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #314
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb6843 View Post
I seem to be behind the times, because I can't figure out where you post the winners. Help!
If you go to the Cat's Pajamas Forum, there's a new thread posted for each day's peeks (up through Day 6 so far). Miss Meowy posts the winner as a reply to the thread.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #315
Member Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_canada View Post
I had such fun discovering the whole release on Friday on the TCP Website - and such a hard time making a final selection for my order, trying to figure out what I needed. (*Needing* being a very loose criteria whenever I buy paper crafts supplies...)
And after you see some of the ways That Cat Pack used some of the final sets, I know you'll be even more excited! They've whipped up some awesome samples!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #316
Member Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb6843 View Post
Also, if you follow this thread, I post a link each day to the thread that contains that day's winner.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #317
Cardstock Collector

Default In it to Win It

I am loving these sneak peeks! Lots of great ideas, I have quite a wish list of items now!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #318
Embossing Fanatic

Cute Polar Bear...
Old 11-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #319
Member Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalah View Post
If you go to the Cat's Pajamas Forum, there's a new thread posted for each day's peeks (up through Day 6 so far). Miss Meowy posts the winner as a reply to the thread.
Look for the threads marked "Winter Sneaky Peek"
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #320
Rubber Obsessor

Oh I just love the bear! He is so much fun and love the design of the tree being wonky like that!!!