Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapbook Sketch #10

Here is the sketch for this week. I want to encourage you all to modify it as best fits your needs. If you prefer to work in single page layouts, do so. The one I got this sketch from was only one page-- I drew the second page myself. I am trying to create sketches where the first page could stand alone if you prefer to work that way.

For this layout, you will need either 1 8x12 inch photo that you can crop into a long thin photo. Alternatively, you could use 3 4x6 photos laid next to each other down the left side of the page.

The sketch is a 12x12 sketch, but my example is 8 1/2 x 11. Right now, I don't have enough supplies to work in 12x12 I am finding. I am hoping that by doing the sketch in 12x12 and then interpreting it in a 8 1/2 x 11 that everyone will feel able to adjust the sketch for their needs.

Here's the sketch:

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

And here is my example:

I know that several have expressed that they have done the layouts before but have no way to upload them. Please chime in and at least tell us about your layout. Let us all know how the particular sketch worked for you.

Hope you all have a good week. Happy Scrapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Okay I'm a cheater--I took your sketch and made it into a one page layout for my DS's cookbook I'm scrapping for him. He asked about a year ago for me to put together all those favorites of his for when he graduates and moves onto college. So I'm working on it and each time I find a recipe he wants I do a page. But they are hard to do in double layouts so I just used half of your idea for one addition. I use 8.5x11 for this and slip them into a three ring binder of page protectors from the local office supply store, not a fancy album, but something that will hold up in a young man's kitchen. Hope you enjoy this twist on your layout. Deb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 12:22 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Hey, I'm so glad you could use it your way. It is totally great that you used the sketch as a jump off point and make it your own. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I finally finishe my layout for this challenge. I really enjoy the layouts that incorporate several photos, helping to tell a story.
Page 1
Page 2

I am also posting to this thread the layout for the first challenge. I can't find the original thread for it, but I did want members to know and see what I created.
Yellow Iris

I sure hope more members get involved with this challenge. So far only two of us?! Maybe there will be more posts and uploads by the end of the week. I would love to see more creations!

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKinAK
I sure hope more members get involved with this challenge. So far only two of us?! Maybe there will be more posts and uploads by the end of the week. I would love to see more creations!
I've been wanting to do one of these challenges. I only started coming to the scrapbook challenge for a couple of weeks, and just haven't had any time to do one. :( I hope I can do it sometime this week. It looks like things will slow down for me a little bit so I can. I just wanted you to know there is at least one more interested!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

My summer vacation (I'm a teacher) just started. I need to get my son's b-day invites done and finish setting up my new scrap room. Then I'm scrapping away. I will definately be using the sketches and posting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
My summer vacation (I'm a teacher) just started.
same here. Even though I haven't been able to participate, I've enjoyed looking and getting ideas. I hope that in the next week or so, I'll be able to post some pages.

Thanks to everyone who has been posting. I really appreciate your sharing with us.

Life is Better in the Village!
Reply With Quote Likes