Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Simon Says Stamp (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/simon-says-stamp-f387/)
-   -   Calling All Washi Tape Addicts? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/simon-says-stamp-f387/calling-all-washi-tape-addicts-t565326.html)

Simon Says Stamp 12-03-2012 11:09 AM

Calling All Washi Tape Addicts?

Is anyone else a washi hoarder? I love love love washi tape! There are so many colors and even sizes, that I just can't stop hoarding it. Although I love that my 5 year old son and 1.5 year old daughter can tape things up around the house with it and not do serious damage (tearing boxes or the tape sticking to the walls), I REALLY love to make cards with it myself.

Does anyone have any cool ideas for washi tape on cards or any other fun "crafty" uses? Would love to hear some ideas....

meerkat3 12-03-2012 12:02 PM

Me, too, since I may or may not be a professional hoarder. ;/

SinCityGal 12-03-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat3 (Post 19864191)
Me, too, since I may or may not be a professional hoarder. ;/

BWAHAHHA!!! I can absolutely verify the above statement. ;)

meerkat3 12-03-2012 12:28 PM

I should probably tell you I have decorated the edge of the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, and also used it to secure the top of my cat's water fountain. So purty. :D

JanaM 12-03-2012 12:31 PM

I have to laugh Leslie --- I have a water fountain for my cats too! Hadn't thought to use washi to decorate it! Hmmm...

meerkat3 12-03-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaM (Post 19864230)
I have to laugh Leslie --- I have a water fountain for my cats too! Hadn't thought to use washi to decorate it! Hmmm...

Darn thing vibrates and needs to be secured. Oh, and kitteh loves the moving water. :)

Beate 12-03-2012 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just recently started hording, I mean collecting, washi tape. So far I created a background with it, added it as an accent and a just several at once . I can't wait to play with them more. But they do look pretty just sitting in my craft room.

JanaM 12-04-2012 03:58 AM

You are rocking those Washi tapes Beate! :p

Jingle 12-04-2012 06:02 AM

I add washi tape to my cards A LOT! I have a ton of it, but I refuse to call myself a hoarder because I actually USE IT! YAY!!!! LOL! I use it in strips to ground images or a sentiment. I have also covered cardstock with it prior to die cutting a shape. I've used it to create bows, loops, and other 3-D elements, too. I love the stuff!

JanaM 12-04-2012 06:04 AM

I like your hoarder definition Jingle! If you use it? Not a hoarder! :)

I love the look of covering the paper with it and then die cutting. Such a great idea

sf9erfan 12-04-2012 06:51 AM

I love love love Washi Tape. I do use it, but honestly not enough. I love how it can be removed and not damage the cardstock. I tend to move things around to get it juuuuuust right.

Here it is on a Christmas card as a background:
Washi Christmas 2 by sf9erfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here it is as an accent to this Halloween card:
Spooky by sf9erfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

And one more for the road:
Some more washi fun by sf9erfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JanaM 12-04-2012 07:13 AM

Amazing projects Michelle! Wow! Thanks for sharing them.

A few minutes ago I saw this one from the amazing Kristina Werner. It reminds me of your first one, Michelle -- uses LOTS of tape so well like you did.

http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/wp...2/11/day20.jpg

Novell 12-04-2012 02:54 PM

Just thought I'd offer a tip. I use an empty Reynolds Wrap container to store my washi tape in. I cut the top off so it's an open box, stick my washi rolls inside, then get nice clean tears with the tear strip on the box.

arlenevita 12-04-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell (Post 19866732)
Just thought I'd offer a tip. I use an empty Reynolds Wrap container to store my washi tape in. I cut the top off so it's an open box, stick my washi rolls inside, then get nice clean tears with the tear strip on the box.

Brilliant...and recycled! :D I currently keep my washi tape in snapware so it's portable.

I, too, have become a washi collector....addict...just love all those colors and combinations! I didn't have red or yellow tape so I used India ink Big Brushes to color rolls of t!m h. tape winding them onto empty plastic tape cores while I watched TV.

I have punched or die cut heart/etc. shapes, put washi tape on white card stock and mounted behind the cut out shape.

UnderstandBlue 12-04-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaM (Post 19865782)
Amazing projects Michelle! Wow! Thanks for sharing them.

A few minutes ago I saw this one from the amazing Kristina Werner. It reminds me of your first one, Michelle -- uses LOTS of tape so well like you did.

http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/wp...2/11/day20.jpg

WOW

scatty 12-04-2012 04:04 PM

Washi Tape

Thank you for starting this thread. I just purchased a roll of Washi Tape in a Christmas pattern. I was planning to use it when I make gift tags. Another thought I had was to decorate glass tea light holders because the back of the directions said it will stick to glass. However, I strarted to wrap it around the glass tea light holder and I cannot get it straight. If anyone has some tips on how to keep the Washi Tape straight as I go around the glass tea light holder let me know.
I will be watching this thread.

meerkat3 12-04-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beate (Post 19864828)
I just recently started hording, I mean collecting, washi tape. So far I created a background with it, added it as an accent and a just several at once . I can't wait to play with them more. But they do look pretty just sitting in my craft room.

Amateur. There, I said it. And I mean that in the nicest way! :D

erika348 12-04-2012 04:46 PM

I started by telling myself...."I'll just get one that would go with everything".......HA!

Upon purchasing washi tape roll #20 I decided to just give up all hope of ever being fiscally responsible with my craft hoard.

I like to consider myself a "Washi Rescuer" - I simply provide a nice home for all the Washi's without one.

JanaM 12-04-2012 05:21 PM

A washi rescuer! Ha!