Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
Simon Says Stamp

Default Monthly Feature -- Art Journaling with Shari Carroll (project & video)

We're really excited to embark on a NEW monthly feature in 2013 with the amazingly talented, Shari Carroll! Art Journaling has been something that has really increased in popularity lately, and we thought it would be so much fun to get monthly inspiration on different ways to get started if you find yourself in an artistic slump! We came across these definitions of art journaling to share, in case you're not familiar with the term;

Art Journaling v. The act of making an ongoing (daily) record of the artist’s experiences, feelings, lessons and expressions.

Art Journal n. A book for keeping a daily record of the artist’s experiences, feelings, lessons and expressions.

Without further ado, let's check out Shari's fantastic project!! Sit back and enjoy watching her create. I did!

Here are some of the products she used to make it easy for you to find them in the store:

*Tim Holtz DISTRICT MARKET Tissue Wrap TERMINOLOGY TH92960
*Tim Holtz Sizzix Die TATTERED FLORALS Bigz Flower Alterations 656640
*Dyan Reaveley Stencil 9 X 12 LETTER JUMBLE Dylusions DYS34025
*Claudine Hellmuth GESSO Studio Primer Paint Ranger
*Doodlebug BEETLE BLACK TEENSY TYPE Cardstock Stickers
*Jenni Bowlin MEMO Hodge Podge Stickers SK725
*Maya Road KRAFT STICKERS CIRCLE 1.5" Labels STK2262 Plain 2012
*Sweet Bella Washi Tape DOT MONOCHROME MT01D068Z
*Freckled Fawn TELEPHONE WIRE Japanese Washi Tape 916
*Queen & Company Trendy Tape CHEVRON BLACK TT1015
*Hero Arts CLASSIC AND ORNATE Frame Cuts Dies 2012 DI048
*Hero Arts CLING Stamp FRIEND DEFINITION Rubber CG125 Unmounted
*Hero Arts Shadow Ink Pad CHARCOAL Black Mid-Tone 2013 af236
*My Favorite Things STEEL GREY Cardstock Heavy Weight 8.5 x 11
*Wendy Vecchi BLACK EMBOSSING PASTE Studio 490

Last edited by JanaM; 01-11-2013 at 05:13 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
Inking Addict

Loved watching the video. Looking forward to the next one. What a great idea to use the alphabet and number stickers as flower petals. I have collected so many stickers over the years and need to start using them in creative ways like this. Thanks for the inspirations!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Simon Says Stamp

I think my mouth was hanging open most of the time I watched it... Shari is such an artist!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Cardstock Collector

I have been laid up in bed for 3 days with a bad flu virus, but the plus side of this is that I got to watch my You Tube subscriptions. One which happends to be Hero Arts and I watched this video last night around 11 p.m and I must say that it was an amazing video to watch. Her process was very interesting and the products that she used looked very fun. I was wondering if maybe the Gesso was kind of like a glue because in various places she placed what looked like tissue paper flowers but placed the Gesso down first. I loved how it all turned out. Her vibrant colours of blue, green, and brown were beautiful. I have been encouraged by some of my crafty friends to create a art book to help me refocus this year and get some mojo back. First thought was, naa, I don't have time to just mess around, but after watching Shari lastnight, it did seem like it she was thoroughly enjoying the creative process and that it did just flow. Maybe I would need to add some pics maybe to make me feel that it was worth my time, but than again using words and images of things I appreciate would never be a waste of time. I guess that is the Mom in me, always wanting to put myself last. I guess we are all gulity of it at times, but we can't always give of ourselves if we don't have some time for ourselves. I think that this can be wonderful theraphy to regain one's mojo and I have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this here as well Jana. Hugs.

Last edited by Dana C.; 01-11-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Simon Says Stamp

The Gesso does have some gluelike properties. I honestly haven't used it much. If you go to Youtube and search on Claudine Hellmuth Gesso you can find some fun techniques to use it for.

Hope you're feeling better!