Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Splitcoast Member Company

Default Hero Arts ,,,, Just Saying Hello

Happy Wednesday to you! Iím pleased to bring you a second day of inspiration from the new Hero Arts releases for 2014! Today we have Lisa Spangler as a guest, and she shows us some fun ways to use the paint daubers from Hero Arts! Donít you just love that background?? A really neat outcome!

Anyhow, enjoy!

Hi there! Itís Lisa Spangler and Iím so happy to be here to share some of my favorite new Hero Arts 2014 stamps and some fun techniques with daubers!

First, hereís a look at my finished card!

I started off the card by stamping the new Five Line Background with Wet Cement ink on a kraft notecard. Love how it kind of looks like a basket!

Then I broke out a bunch of daubers and swiped them directly on to the Pattern Stripes background stamp, including the new pastel daubers. The colors blend together to form new colors, so I tried to stick to using colors that would look next to each other. I was having too much fun with this though, so I wasnít always paying attention!

Then I stamped it on white cardstock. The pastel colors are so soft and pretty ó just perfect for a background! If youíd like an even lighter background and more blending you can mist the stamp with water before stamping ó but I like it just like this.

*Designer Tip* If you happen to get a dark color next to a light one, just swipe your dauber a few times on scrap paper and it will clean right off.

Next I stamped ďjust saying helloĒ with black ink on cream paper, then positioned it on the background and stamped the bird over both layers. I stamped the bird two more times on white card stock.

Hero Arts daubers are water based, which makes them perfect for watercoloring techniques. Here I used them to color the bird. I started off by tapping soft peach, dark quartz and tide pool daubers on to a craft sheet, and then used a detail water brush to pick up the ink and then watercolor. The dark quartz and soft peach daubers blend really well together. To get the different shades of pool, I just added more or less water to the dauber palette.

Then I cut out one full bird and one wing and layered them to the card front. It just adds so much dimension.

To finish everything off I added some enamel dots from my stash in shades to match the daubers ó and that was that!

Thanks so much for joining me today! ó xo Lisa

Thanks for reading today and thanks to Lisa for being our guest today!

Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!

For a full product list please visit THIS POST on the Simon Says Stamp Blog

Happy Crafting !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Kookie Creator

What a true beauty of a card. Thanks for the inspiration. I don't have paint daubers, but have considered them. Seeing samples just makes me want them even more.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Crimping Master

I just love this! I like the technique..and the stamps! I really think I need those daubers now too..gah..enablers everywhere LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!