Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Splitcoast Member Company

Default Happy World Cardmaking Day !

Hi all ! Happy Saturday to you, AND Happy World Card Making Day! I hope you carve some time out of your day to make a card (or 2 ) in celebration of this crafty holiday! I honestly couldn’t think we could have a better fit for content today, than the amazing Debby Hughes ! She’s cooked up some gorgeous SSS unique Holiday inspiration & if you’re anything like me, it’ll get your creative juices flowing! Enjoy!

Hi Debby here with a look at stretching those supplies! I love when Stephanie asks me to take a look at my supplies with fresh eyes and look for creative ways to use them. It really makes me stop and think and not just reach for the first set which comes to mind when I’m creating my cards.

As I looked at the STAMPtember® release one die immediately jumped out at me as having lots of other uses than the obvious …… Feathers! For my card I cut 5 of the large feather from Neenah solar white and then blended Distress Inks over them in Peeled Paint and Forest Moss. Then I used a thin coating of Ranger Glossy Accents before coating them in beautiful Distress Stickles dry glitter in Clear Rock Candy Layering the feathers to give dimension and popping a shining star on top and I had a frosted Christmas tree! I used the tree to create a little winter scene for Mannie from the Furry Christmas stamp set. All the extra dimension really adds interest to a simple card

So having given the dies from the STAMPtember® release a little look over, I then turned to the stamps and spotted the balloons from Tag Sayings would make fabulous Christmas baubles!

For my card I stamped a loose wreath using sprigs from the Life is A Journey set then I die cut a circle and stamped the ‘baubles’ and colored them with Copics, adding a thick coat of Ranger Glossy Accents for that lovely shine. The circle is popped up over the wreath, a simple sentiment from Handwritten Greetings and a twine bow added. I also made a matching tag too using one of the Medium Tag dies

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you take a fresh look at your supplies and really get the most out of them

For a full product list please visit THIS POST on the Simon Says Stamp Blog

Blog Candy Alert!! Follow the Simon Says Stamp blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!