Simon Says Stamp on Splitcoast

Happy Sailing

by yorkshire lass

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 04:18 AM   #1
Simon Says Stamp

Default Creative Genius with Debby Hughes - project and video!

Debby is amazing at taking products and using them in unexpected ways. Today she used this Simon Says Stamp Envelope Sentiments and die set .

Debby tells us a bit about her thought process in making this fun storage solution and cards!

When I get new products I like to look at them and see how I can use them to their fullest. Can that leaf stamp be used as a petal too? How about those Christmas stamps, can they be used all year round? It can mean that we really get the full value from the products that we buy. When I saw the Simon Says Stamp early spring release I was struck by all the possibilities for the Small Envelope Die. I've seen envelopes turned into bags, banners, books and boxes and it was this latter use that I wanted to explore. Using the die to cut four envelopes I was able to make a sturdy box large enough to hold 8 note cards and matching envelopes!

I chose 4 colors inspired by this color palette and used a simple layout which when repeated would make a big impact. The card colors were from the Bazzill card shoppe rainbow pack and this type of selection pack really gives great value for money too. I made this whole set including the box, cards with their matching envelopes using just one sheet of card of each color along with a few sheets of Neenah desert storm and solar white card stock.

Each Neenah desert storm note card is 3x3 in size with a 2.75" square panel of solar white. The sentiments were white heat embossed onto 0.75" strips of colored card and attached to the bottom of each panel. Banners were made using the Full Card Triangle die and popped up on foam adhesive. Finally I couldn't resist adding the little pup from Circle friends stamped in Memento tuxedo black ink, colored with Copics, cut out and popped up too. A matching colored envelope with a label stamped with a sentiment from Envelope Sentiments really set the note cards off and gave that polished finish.

For more details on the products used on this project please visit the Simon Says Stamp blog here .

Last edited by JanaM; 04-30-2013 at 04:23 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!