Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-10-2021, 12:15 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Sources for single stamps (not sets!)

It came up on another thread that the set has become the norm and the cry went up “why can’t we buy just one stamp any more?”

What are your sources for single stamps when you just want images, not necessarily all the sentiments etc that typically come with a set? I’ll start with a few I can think of, some of these are direct sales from their own web sites only, others you’ll find being stocked by other craft stores:

Beeswax stamps - red rubber, a choice of unmounted, cling or wood with a price point for each. Web site is maybe not the easiest to navigate but there are lots of lovely images and shipping policy is to find the most reasonable way to send.

Deep Red stamps - red rubber, cling mount across a wide variety of themes and styles.Shipping costs on a sliding scale according to order value, free over $50.

Impression Obsession - has singles as well as sets, including designs by Splitcoast’s very own Artist in Residence (Dina Kowal). Red rubber, choice of cling or wood mount. Shipping costs on a sliding scale according to order value, free over $50.

Nellie Snellen - a European brand but I know Simon Says is a stockist in the US (this is their current selection, some sets as well as single), there may well be other stockists too. Clear photopolymer stamps. ETA Del Bello’s Designs also stock Nellie’s Choice, current selection here

Lost Coast Designs (and sister company Carmen’s Veranda) - red rubber, unmounted or cling. Many images on the quirky side!

Viva Las Vega Stamps - red rubber, unmounted, cling and wood mount options, price point for each. Vast collection of images across a range of style, some also available collected onto plates of rubber (excellent value!). Shipping costs on a sliding scale according to order value

My blog

Last edited by Angelnorth; 11-10-2021 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: Adding a source
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by Angelnorth:
katzarm (11-17-2021), Kerrybr (12-09-2021), Kristy Tyra (11-17-2021), susie australia (11-11-2021), Teachybaby (11-17-2021), wavejumper (11-17-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 12:35 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

https://delbellosdesigns.com/ is a stockist for Nellie's Choice (I think that is also Nellie Snellen). She also carries a few other European lines
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Angelnorth (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 02:07 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Looks like they have a good selection too - thanks Christine, I’ve edited my post to add that as a source for Nellie Snellen (and you’re quite right, Nellie’s Choice is the name used for the stamp range).

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
whim6915 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 04:30 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I love Seaside Stampin' Ink!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Scrapjanny:
Angelnorth (11-10-2021), RJP111 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 04:46 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Rubbernecker Stamps is also a place I go to purchase single stamps, sentiments, and/or dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by allee's:
Angelnorth (11-10-2021), fionna51 (11-14-2021), Teachybaby (11-17-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 07:50 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Purple Onion has some great ones!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by rockybeta:
Angelnorth (11-10-2021), cheermom (11-20-2021), uncbballfan (12-16-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 661 Likes on 409 Posts

WOW. Who knew?
​​​​​​It's such a shame New Zealand is one of the 22 countries the US Postal Service no longer ships to :-(
But thanks for these links, Angelnorth et al! At least I can drool over some of these fabulous stamps and get ideas. This is a very useful list! <3
Reply With Quote Likes
Angelnorth (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That’s a shame, Renata! I found one NZ stockist for Nellie Snellen (here) - there’s not much choice at the moment but if they stock the brand and there’s something you see elsewhere, maybe you could ask if they could get it next time they place a wholesale order? Or if Oz might be an option (not sure how bad the shipping charges are from there to you) I also turned up several stockists with a Google search on “nellies choice stamps australia”. Similarly, Googling “impression obsession stamps” and either New Zealand or Australia turns up stockists for those and there are Australian stockists for Deep Red (NZ looks less promising on that).

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Angelnorth! I know about Krafter's Kart and one or two others in Auckland. There are two stamp companies manufacturing here, but I've either got what I like from them, or don't like their style. Aus is def an option I have used in the past, but the minimum postage is around $20. It's probably a good thing I can't get a lot of supplies here, because I don't really need any new stamps, stencils, masks, adhesives, tools, paper, pens, paint, brushes, etc etc etc!! It's saving me a fortune really, lol. Thank goodness I made a conscious decision many years ago not to buy into any die-cutting systems. I've saved thousands :-)
But I still like to LOOK!!! :lolo:
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Renata Joyner:
Angelnorth (11-10-2021), mcw519 (11-18-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 09:31 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata JoynerView Post
Thanks, Angelnorth! I know about Krafter's Kart and one or two others in Auckland. There are two stamp companies manufacturing here, but I've either got what I like from them, or don't like their style. Aus is def an option I have used in the past, but the minimum postage is around $20. It's probably a good thing I can't get a lot of supplies here, because I don't really need any new stamps, stencils, masks, adhesives, tools, paper, pens, paint, brushes, etc etc etc!! It's saving me a fortune really, lol. Thank goodness I made a conscious decision many years ago not to buy into any die-cutting systems. I've saved thousands :-)
But I still like to LOOK!!! :lolo:
I thought I was the only card maker left on the planet who was still resisting the die-cutting systems! I'm so happy to hear you have, also, Sometimes it's hard to resist, but I know it will be a bottomless pit.
I am limited in the companies I can purchase from as well. (although not as much as you, by the sound of things.) I am in Canada, so the exchange rate, shipping & duty just adds up to not being worth the $$. Like you, I think it has saved me a lot of money.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Here and There:
mcw519 (11-18-2021), Renata Joyner (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 09:49 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

I have purchased from this Mom and Pop company several times - they make only single stamps. They do have a few other supplies - inks etc. The shipping is very reasonable, and I am well pleased with the quality of the stamps. They sell on wood blocks, foam mounted cling, or just the rubber. They are in Canada, so all you crafters from the USA will benefit from the exchange rate. They are called The Old Island Stamp Company. I have met this couple at craft shows (before Covid) so I'm vouching for them. Nearly every stamp on the website has a card attached to show how the stamp could be used.https://www.oldislandstamps.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Here and There:
Renata Joyner (11-14-2021), Teachybaby (11-17-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here and There - I thought I was the only die-cut holdout, LOL! Kia kaha (stay strong) from NZ!! :-D
I like your stamp company recommendation. And they ship internationally. This could be dangerous, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Here and There (11-15-2021), mcw519 (11-18-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 05:09 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I buy (or plan to) single stamps or small sets (maybe an image and a few sentiments) from:
Art Gone Wild
Rubber Stamp Tapestry
Stamps by Judith
Judikins
Casey Rubber Stamps
Divinity Designs
Rubber Hedgehog
Little Rowan Redhead
Little Rowan Redhead
Stampscapes
Red Rubber Designs

Last edited by Kendel; 11-17-2021 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: Forgot something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2021, 07:35 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My go to for every type of stamp, with $3.49 USA quick shipping, is 123Stamp.com. I have never been disappointed either in their merchandise or shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2021, 09:04 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperMorePaperView Post
My go to for every type of stamp, with $3.49 USA quick shipping, is 123Stamp.com. I have never been disappointed either in their merchandise or shipping.
I just tried that URL, & got an error message. It should be https://www.123stitch.com/. The page for their rubber stamps specifically is https://www.123stitch.com/m/Rubber-Stamps. They also stock Nellie Stellen products. HTH!

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2021, 10:10 AM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

It is true I am sad when I see a set and all I want is one image on it. I am happy to hear of any companies that also do them singly!

Art Impressions does that.
Joanne already said IO...
I think Riley and Co does
Penny Black does a bit
Lavinia will do sets of just small fairies and no sentiments as well as singles

For companies that sell single images...that is a ton of them. Literally dozens...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2021, 03:27 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
It came up on another thread that the set has become the norm and the cry went up “why can’t we buy just one stamp any more?”

What are your sources for single stamps when you just want images, not necessarily all the sentiments etc that typically come with a set? I’ll start with a few I can think of, some of these are direct sales from their own web sites only, others you’ll find being stocked by other craft stores:

Beeswax stamps - red rubber, a choice of unmounted, cling or wood with a price point for each. Web site is maybe not the easiest to navigate but there are lots of lovely images and shipping policy is to find the most reasonable way to send.

Deep Red stamps - red rubber, cling mount across a wide variety of themes and styles.Shipping costs on a sliding scale according to order value, free over $50.

Impression Obsession - has singles as well as sets, including designs by Splitcoast’s very own Artist in Residence (Dina Kowal). Red rubber, choice of cling or wood mount. Shipping costs on a sliding scale according to order value, free over $50.

Nellie Snellen - a European brand but I know Simon Says is a stockist in the US (this is their current selection, some sets as well as single), there may well be other stockists too. Clear photopolymer stamps. ETA Del Bello’s Designs also stock Nellie’s Choice, current selection here

Lost Coast Designs (and sister company Carmen’s Veranda) - red rubber, unmounted or cling. Many images on the quirky side!

Viva Las Vega Stamps - red rubber, unmounted, cling and wood mount options, price point for each. Vast collection of images across a range of style, some also available collected onto plates of rubber (excellent value!). Shipping costs on a sliding scale according to order value
what do you mean by “unmounted”?

Last edited by janesprando; 11-18-2021 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Misspelled word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #18  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Single stamps are available from YorksLittleArtStudio.com in Chicago.

I’m happy to be in the group of no die-cutting machines!! No dies, no embossing folders, either.
I have also promised myself (five or six times!) not to buy any more stamps. I’ve been a breaker of promises only to myself…I do want you all to know that!!! Sometimes, I think my hobby is collecting stamps rather than actually stamping them. I here and now - 8:15 PM, Thursday, Nov 18, 2021 - promise all of you at SplitCoastStampers that I’m not buying any more Stamp Sets!
One step at a time, please.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcw519:
dini (11-23-2021), Renata Joyner (11-19-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 06:53 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Local King Rubber Stamps sells individual stamps and dies. She has some different stamps than one usually sees.
Reply With Quote Likes
Paula in GA (11-25-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 11:50 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by janesprandoView Post
what do you mean by “unmounted”?
Just the rubber, no cling mount, no block. I like to buy that way - cheaper and they take up less storage space!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

@mcw519 - LOL! I completely understand and sympathise with all you say! I had been in bondage to rubber stamps and arts & crafts supplies myself for decades. Pretty happy to be free of that addiction these days :-D

It's actually been made a lot easier for me the last few years with the move to collections in the big-name multimedia artists' own 'hand'. Using their supplies just produces art that looks like their very recognisable work. It really hit me once when I was watching Julie Fei Fan Balzer experimenting with some Jane Davenport stencils and other products. At the end she examined the art she'd created and said, "It looks just like.....Jane Davenport!"

So now I make many of my own masks, stencils, and stamps, which I really enjoy doing—and it's my hand. Nothing fancy—Easy Carve, erasers, Tyvek envelopes, etc (and I've got plenty of all of that, lol).
Reply With Quote Likes
mcw519 (11-25-2021), wavejumper (11-26-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 10:15 AM   #22  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Viva Las Vegas has some great sales, particularly at Super Bowl time, so sign up for emails. They also have really good tape assortments, I think they call theirs Miracle Tape.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I did not realize until yesterday that I Brake For Stamps is open again with new owners! They have always been a favorite, with a neat collection of images from small companies.

Other favorites:
Impression Obsession, of course!
Red Lead Paperworks
B-Line Designs
Rubber Moon
Stamp On It
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #24  
Embossing Fanatic

Yay, we are now a group of three! We can form our own exclusive club. I, as well, have also managed to resist embossing folders.
I laughed at your stamp confessions. You wrote my life!:lolo: Resistance is a full-time job. If I can stand firm against the siren lure of stamps, there is always all the other absolutely necessary, must-have supplies that no, I don't need at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (11-25-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 06:11 AM   #25  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata JoynerView Post
@mcw519 - LOL! I completely understand and sympathise with all you say! I had been in bondage to rubber stamps and arts & crafts supplies myself for decades. Pretty happy to be free of that addiction these days :-D

It's actually been made a lot easier for me the last few years with the move to collections in the big-name multimedia artists' own 'hand'. Using their supplies just produces art that looks like their very recognisable work. It really hit me once when I was watching Julie Fei Fan Balzer experimenting with some Jane Davenport stencils and other products. At the end she examined the art she'd created and said, "It looks just like.....Jane Davenport!"

So now I make many of my own masks, stencils, and stamps, which I really enjoy doing—and it's my hand. Nothing fancy—Easy Carve, erasers, Tyvek envelopes, etc (and I've got plenty of all of that, lol).
What an excellent point you make about
“Using their supplies just produces art that looks like their very recognisable work.”
That truth will definitely help me keep my pledge not to buy any more stamp sets.

Please would you explain how you use Tyvek envelopes? TIA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2021, 07:06 AM   #26  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,057 Likes on 815 Posts

From the context of the post, I'm assuming she uses the Tyvek for cutting masks and stencils. I can see that it would be good for that, being non-porous.
But when I get any that has a side with no print, I use it for colouring and heating to distress: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2021, 07:26 AM   #27  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcw519View Post
What an excellent point you make about
“Using their supplies just produces art that looks like their very recognisable work.”
That truth will definitely help me keep my pledge not to buy any more stamp sets.

Please would you explain how you use Tyvek envelopes? TIA.
​​​​​​
Sure! I use Tyvek to cut my own masks and stencils. I draw a pattern or flower or word using a relatively thick black line (3 or 4mm) and then cut it out with a small craft knife and scissors. Tyvek is durable enough to get wet and painty many many times. I do rinse the designs off, too. The cutting out can be a bit fiddly, but for me it's very relaxing and enjoyable and right-brained :-) If I'm careful, I get both a mask and a stencil from the same piece. The end result suits my style of artful card, but it's obviously not for everyone! I've made squiggle circles, untold leaves, grasses, and flowers, shapes, words (in my own handwriting), etc. The sky's the limit really, and I really enjoy the process.

I've also used Tyvek to make really cool butterflies: I cut some triangles, coloured them all over with small bright circles using markers, and then (carefully!!) heated the Tyvek till it puffed up. I arranged 4 x triangles to make wings, added embellishments and a little fuse wire for antennae in the centre, et voilà—a bright and cheerful, grandly imperfect butterfly :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2021, 07:28 AM   #28  
Inking Addict

Default Use of Tyvek

Who knew the fantastic re-uses of Tyvek envelopes or that it as available in sheets?? Guess I’ve been under a rock for some time!

Thank you to both Renata and cook22 for explaining how to use this material and showing what it looks like in art form!!
Totally awesome!!!! Many thanks!! I’m obviously not on SCS often enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (11-27-2021)