Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2021, 05:22 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with photo board colors

Hi everyone! I hope this is the right place to post this question, because it doesn't seem to fit in any of the categories...
I'm planning my daughter's graduation party and she picked a VERY interesting (and difficult :shock color scheme--mostly pink(light almost like a blush plus a brighter one), yellow (not as bright as yoyo), orange (not like a Halloween), and teal (almost a peacock) with just a pop of lavendar and navy and mint green. No red, darker purple, or darker green.
I can't find an picture anywhere except these are her napkins (everything else on the table is white except the centerpieces) but she's obviously not pulling all of the colors out of this.

SO, my question is specifically for the photo boards...I'm thinking a navy background (instead of black) and matting the pictures and using letters of the pink, yellow, and orange.
Do you think that will look okay?
I tried to search for this color combination but there's too many colors, and I dont' know the closest SU names. This has similar colors except her teal is a lot darker https://www.magnetstreet.com/colorBo...AAAAAoAD0sA%3A
and this is similar except navy instead of purple and again the teal is darker https://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1568078/Yukatas
If anyone has any photos of something like this I'd love it. I can't visualize it, I have to see it LOL

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 12:32 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

From my forays into digital scrapbooking, white seems to be a popular choice these days to have behind photos. I suppose black for graduations references the traditional black gowns..

You could get some 12" navy cardstock or a bit of fabric and try it out with some of the photos printed out small, maybe? If you roughly cut out some little mats and lettering you would see if the colours have the effect you want.

A random thought I had seeing the napkins in the photo - you could consider glueing them onto a frame around the edge of the board or cut out words out of the napkins...ie make your decorations out of them instead of trying to match them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 02:13 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

Next time, do not let the kid go to Party City with you, then you can pick the color scheme. For the scrapbook, I would do a navy background with white mats for the photos. If you are stuck for colors for accents, there is always silver or gold (like tiny gold grad caps or tassels on the corners of some photos).
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 07:26 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Thank you, Aussie Jenny--that's a great idea to use the napkins!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 07:35 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Lutheran, HA I didn't go to Party City she looked on Pinterest LOL The bane of my existence with her, let me tell you!
Thank you for your ideas!
Navy and white sounds good, maybe just throw in some color like you said in other places.
I see other photo boards with a million photos on them and they are overwhelming to look at, so I want to try and group mine a little at least by category (like friends, family, activities) and/or age with titles above each section. More like these:
I have a couple hundred photos though ack...so I'm thinking one board just for high school and another for the rest of the stuff

Last edited by nottoocreative; 05-17-2021 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: add detail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 07:39 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

I especially like this one. Do you think it will work with the reverse (navy background and white matting)? my board is black so I have to paint it anyway...could do white although might be harder to cover

I have a couple hundred pictures though so it will be more than one board! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the idea of the napkins on the border! maybe use silver or gold around pics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A little different suggestion. Do a board but consider an album for the photos too. We did both. Board is never used any other way or in the future. The albums we have and have revisited. Or you could do album pages and put those on the board then after the party shift into page protectors and an album. I’d like to see you or your daughter have something for the future from your efforts.
Reply With Quote Likes