Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

You MIGHT want to hang on to those stamps you have now. Once you feel comfortable, you might want to use them in other ways! There are SO MANY WAYS to use stamps, on things other than cards! You NEVER KNOW where this adventure will take you! Plus, I wanted to suggest that you start following company blogs for giveaways! You could win some nice new stamps, just by commenting! ;) They usually have their giveaways during their releases. Some companies give gift certificates where you can pick your own stamps too! Just a suggestion to help you grow your stash! ;) Many of these company blogs also have tutorials on them too!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2019, 12:19 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Just what I was going to say - and you don't even have to print the sentiment direct to your card. Print out a whole load of 'Happy Birthday' in different fonts on a piece of thin cardstock, then cut them up and use them as you need.

Glad to hear you've been getting some practice now and that you feel a bit more confident - enjoy the new stamps when they come.

Lynda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #43  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still SO lost! I don't have a clue about what else I can do with the stamps I have besides make cards, but I think I'm still going to get rid of them somehow because we don't have a very big place and I have to declutter anyway. Whatever I don't really use has to go! lol

I also don't have the faintest idea of what card companies are out there besides Stampin' Up to look for online freebies. Also, I can't even look at cards or sketches online to know what measurements to make for the sections of the card to try and see if I can copy one. I've looked at alot of tutorials and youtube videos, but they seem to use many things that I don't have like dies and I don't know how to substitute with what I have.
I'm getting very discouraged and I'm starting to think maybe I'm just not cut out to make cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is a suggestion for those stamps that are large. Some stamps can be used to decorate walls, with acrylic paints, using a brayer. I remember the first SU lady I went to, she did that in her home. That is just one idea, if you think they'd be suitable for decor, that's a possibility. OR stamp on fabric to add a design. Larger stamps can be used on a card front also, with some of the image hanging off the front.

Let me tell you, just about every company out there has something going on for freebies. Just leaving a comment when they do their releases, you can win free stamps to get you started. Do you like cute? Do you like Flowers? Etc.! Google Rubber Stamp Companies for card making is one way. Look at the different companies here on SCS. Look through the galleries here & if you see something you like, click on that persons card. There should be details about the image they've used in the details. (Sometimes, people don't add that information, but you can by-pass those & move on, OR contact them through a comment or private message.) See where they got their image, sometimes if you ask questions, & I've found many times, they'll contact you & let you know what you need to know. Go to that companies site & look around. See if they have a blog you can follow for tips & tricks & tutorials. Once you get some stamps from a specific company, they will have challenges, (most companies like you to use their stamps & dies for their challenges.) & look where you can enter your work on their site to win free goodies.

Another place to see WHAT you like is Simon Says Stamp. That is just one place that carries LOTS of different brands. You can find other stores like this on-line. Look & see what appeals to you. There are ALL SORTS of challenges going on over at Simon Says Stamp. From commenting to entering your work. AND Simon Says Stamp, doesn't even carry it all! LOL There is SO MUCH MORE OUT THERE! ;)

HOPE this helps & you find your niche! Don't give up, just HUNT! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi. Did you ever get to meet with the Stampin Up demonstrator? If not, I could come to you if you live in the Phoenix area. I know how you feel. It took me a long time to get going too! And now, I still pretty much copy a card I see that I like. My own ideas aren't so good.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge the Lord, and He will make your path straight Prov 3: 5-6.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #46  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, she came over to sign me up and I haven't heard from her since, despite sending her emails asking for help, calling on the phone and leaving messages, etc. I'm almost at the point where I feel like I'm stalking her. lol
Thanks SO much for your offer to help, unfortunately I live in the upstate New York area so I think we're kind of far away from each other. lol
On the plus side though, I've been getting some awesome help here through private messages whenever I have a question about just about anything from Sharon (stampscout). She's a true angel!
In the meantime, I've been practicing stamping with the few sets I've got that are still in the new catalog so hopefully if anyone books a class, I have something to show. I don't have too many supplies yet so it's hard to even copy a card that I see that I can actually do. I'm looking through the new catalog right now and I'll be putting in another order when the new catalog is available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet RNView Post
Hi. Did you ever get to meet with the Stampin Up demonstrator? If not, I could come to you if you live in the Phoenix area. I know how you feel. It took me a long time to get going too! And now, I still pretty much copy a card I see that I like. My own ideas aren't so good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #47  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi GrammaJo,

I no longer live in NY but I know lots of stampers/ demos that live in your area. I sent you a PM. I hope you find it helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes