Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2019, 04:23 AM   #1601  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Is it really only Thursday? Cathy's WTUI challenge is buttons, beads and bows. I still have some paper beads left from Lyn's TLC a while back, but I'm not sure if I have time for crafting today. I'm getting wirhdwithd symptoms, I've barely been upstairs since Saturday.

WT740 - Buttons, Bows and Beads, Oh My! (5/16/19) - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 05:41 AM   #1602  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

ahhh someone stickied this thread... it took me a couple tries of looking for it to notice that :mrgreen:

caffeine is loading at the moment.

My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #1603  

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Thanks Sabrina for grabbing the link! It wasn't up when I turned in after midnight. I hope you are able to get up to your craft room soon!

Just getting a chance to check in since I was out right away this morning. Kitty went back for a check up and still has quite an infection. :(
Buttons Bows and Beads is such a fun gallery! So many fun embellishments.

So let's hear when creating a card, what is your favorite of the three embellishments in today's challenge? Or do you like using all three?

I LOVE seeing buttons on cards. I don't like to use them because to make them look finished it's nice to have them threaded. 1st problem I struggle with getting thread/twine through button holes. 2nd problem, the bulk of attaching them. So I would rather LOOK at a card with buttons rather than create a card with buttons.

I don't think I have used beads except for the tiny seed beads as flower centers.

So I guess bows win. Again, I am not fond of the bulk for mailing so I don't use as much as I used to. I enjoy Baker's twine, ribbon, and natural twines.

Your turn! Tell us what you love to use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #1604  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Buttons win for me. I like bows, but I think that for ribbon bows, mailing can be even more of a problem than it is for buttons, unless you want them to look crushed. So twine bows I like, there's no problem with them.
I used to make a lot of bead embellishments - I need to get back to that some time...here's an early example in my gallery: Beaded owl trifold by Cook22 - at Splitcoaststampers

I trained myself not to mind much whether buttons are threaded or "naked", although I do agree that they probably mostly look better when they are threaded. A hot glue gun made a big difference to the ease of attaching them, too, for me.

That weird typo in my earlier post should have been "withdrawal symptoms". I haven't made a card since last Saturday. And I realised that I got a WTUI date mixed up and I'm hostessing next week, so I need to get a sample made for that, and our anniversary card which is coming up fast. Tomorrow, hopefully. It's been some week.

I hope kitty recovers soon - sick cats are miserable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #1605  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

oh I totally agree neekid buttons catch my attention and I have a whole bunch of those itty bitty dress um up James ones that are like 1/4" size so the holes are microscopic...

( I now take a tiny black sharpie pen and draw a line connecting the dots...)
(sometimes the holes do not go all the way through those buttons.)

I like ribbon but, I am more a knot tying type than bows so, I would probably say buttons from the list too.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #1606  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

No MIX yet, but the F4A from Robin is to use washi tape: F4A482 May 17 Washi Tape - Splitcoaststampers

I like the way it looks layered behind a negative die-cut, and I remember being impressed with the gallery for Lyn's TLC with embossed washi backgrounds - cover a piece of card with strips and dry emboss.

If I had an unlimited budget, I think Eyelet Outlet have a fantastic range. But I'm wary of attracting customs and brokerage fees (I don't mind customs so much but you can't have one without the other) so that makes it easy to resist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 05:28 AM   #1607  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

And the MIX from Anna is Pond Life - anything that says Pond Life to you so long as it's got more than one medium: MIX329 - POND LIFE (MAY 17 2019) - Splitcoaststampers.

I actually have her Whippersnapper set called Pond Life so I might see what I can do with that, or else use a die I received for my birthday. But it might not be today - I'm so tired that I walked out without my work ID and hi-vis this morning - and usually I check on my way out that I'm wearing them both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #1608  

Sabrina, I almost asked what the typo was and then I read the entire sentence and I figured out what you meant! I bet everyone who read it did too.

Thanks for posting the challenges.
I can't wait for life to give me a little break but today I had to take our car in for some emergency work. falalalalalalalala.........

Your beaded owl makes a darling card embellishment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 10:57 PM   #1609  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I hope the car is fixed by now, Angie. DH is meant to be ordering parts for ours but he still hasn't done it yet :-(.

Stacy's sending us to Country Living online for the IC today. Even the header with the robin (??, not sure, as yours are different to ours) in the flowering tree is inspiring. But today I have GOT to make our anniversary card, DH's birthday card, and my WT sample, or at least get them all underway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #1610  

Here is the link to the IC!

Here is my question for the day. If you have had the chance to browse this week's site, did you look strictly for photos or did the captions catch your attention and did you read some of the articles? I read quite a few articles!

I hope everyone has a fabulous week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #1611  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Oh - ha. I'm obviously still working on autopilot, like leaving without my ID yesterday. I thought I'd posted the link - I grabbed it and then did nothing, evidently.

A couple of the gardening and food articles caught my eye - but I was looking on my phone while DH was still asleep, so I didn't actually read any of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #1612  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I did I read a few and then I would glance at the comments some people left for people writing the articles and was dismayed by the rudeness. ( well, it was a little blunt and I tend to be blunt but, I also keep my mouth shut when I disagree too) so, I stopped reading the articles and just looked at the photos.

I am not sure about the header shot you seen Sabrina?

( I know Anita mentioned she see's spam so, I am not sure if she meant pop up ads?)
I did get one that says subscribe to some recipe thing and then when you try to turn it off it says something along the lines of keep wasting time and I just rolled my eyes and closed the box anyways...

hopefully people will be able to go poking around in there though, I was surprised by how often they seem to have new content.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 PM   #1613  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I'm not sure about the header shot I saw either, Stacy; it was different when I went back later.

I got all of two cards made yesterday. When DH got home I said I'd been able to combine his birthday card with my challenge sample for this week, he just said " but you have another card to make for me first." It's the second time he's said that - he seems to be very anxious about his anniversary card this year!

Today's Featured Stamper is kerry2. I know I have seen some beautiful floral cards from her.
FS641{5/19/19} Hurry now & don't you tarry... by justwritedesigns at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2019, 06:58 AM   #1614  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

you know what? That is totally the sweetest that he is anticipating that you will create his card I am totally grinning from ear to ear here Sabrina.

and oh, yes I have been totally lost down the rabbit hole of Kerry's gallery so far. so many awesome details. I have not made a decision yet. ( and usually I can narrow it down faster than this)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #1615  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 565 Likes on 452 Posts

The CAS challenge is up

CAS534 - No Coloring - 05/20/2019 - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2019, 07:23 PM   #1616  

TLC743 looks like a lot of fun! I may not get to try it for awhile as this is graduation week and things are a little crazy here. I can't wait to see the gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #1617  

Sabrina, you may have mentioned it already but I can't remember. What anniversary year are you celebrating? I agree with Stacy, it's very sweet that he is looking forward to your cards!

I really want to play in the CAS challenge this week. I love the look of black and white. Not that the CAS challenge is black and white but when I saw the challenge I thought of lined images with no coloring.

My questions for the day:

Are you attracted to uncolored images or do you feel they really must be colored?
For a NO coloring challenge would you rather use die cuts or stamps?
Let us know if you are playing along with one or both of the challenges today.

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 05-20-2019 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #1618  

The Color Challenge is up and it's a bright one this week!

Aww! The Teapot challenge will touch your heart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2019, 03:36 AM   #1619  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

It's just a regular wedding anniversary, Angie - not even a special milestone one.

I do like the look of uncoloured line-art images. But because I love colouring, I only leave them like that when prompted by a challenge.

Still catching up on working up challenge posts and making samples. Next week I should finally have a little more free time...I did make a point of making a card to send Sandy over the weekend, carving out a little time upstairs. Today is going to be housework day, because I didn't get home till just before 8 last night.

ETA - I've just realised that I have a black and white image waiting to finish the sample for my upcoming EIONA TLC challenge on the first Monday in June. Which is funny, because the first time I featured the technique, I used a coloured image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2019, 09:49 PM   #1620  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Today's sketch challenge looks like a fun one; it's designed to have a sentiment just above a person or animal image:

Sketch Challenge 750 {05/22/19} - Splitcoaststampers.

Phew, I got that anniversary card made yesterday, also one upcoming challenge sample and used the TLC to make a birthday card for my BIL. Today I'll be focussing on getting the EIONA technique challenge written up and finishing the sample for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #1621  

At first glance that looked like a very busy sketch but the gallery has quite a few CAS cards in it. It's lovely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2019, 07:31 AM   #1622  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Sorry - decided not to post links any more for a while except on PC as yesterday's took several hours before it wasn't an error for me.

Here's today's WT - books and/or marble inspired, with plenty of links to check out. And only looking at the gallery today I remembered I even have a marbled background stamp. I chose to make a book card and use some marbled paper I got about 15 years ago (not real marbled, just printed, but still pretty).

WT741 ~ Marbled Books ~ {05/23/2019}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2019, 05:33 AM   #1623  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

The F4A is all about storms - storms never last. Weather storms, life storms...

F4A483 05/24/19 Storms Never Last - Splitcoaststampers

Lydia's MIX is to use graphite (and another medium).

MIX 330 - Graphite - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 08:02 AM   #1624  

So sorry to MIA this past week! Our daughter graduated and my sister and BIL came to town so that was all I had in my head! Still taking meds for the virus all of us had so combined with the heat, the excitement and still caring for a sick cat, there were a few things I just couldn't get to.

I am here now so let's take a look at this week's Featured Stamper!

Also yesterday we were inspired by a great site from Brenda so if you are looking for a little inspiration check out the Inspiration Challenge. Don't forget the challenges at SCS never close!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #1625  

Received 635 Likes on 361 Posts

Goodness, I hope you and your family can get well soon, Angie. That virus has lasted a loooooooong time.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 10:37 AM   #1626  

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenziView Post
Goodness, I hope you and your family can get well soon, Angie. That virus has lasted a loooooooong time.
The doctor told us it would last about a month and it has for each of us. I think longer for my poor husband. He is still coughing and has seen the doctor twice and was out of work a week. :(

I think we are coming to the end of it though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #1627  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

The CAS Challenge is up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #1628  

The TLC is up!!! It looks like such fun!

Who has done the floating die cut card? I have not. I really want to but I don't think I have any backing to lift all the die cuts up at once. Sounds like a trip to town is in my near future!

Has anyone tried this with removable contact paper? I wonder if it would be too sticky. I have a whole roll of that stuff.

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 05-26-2019 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 09:21 PM   #1629  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

I haven’t tried it & won’t have time this week. We are heading to FL for a tournament... Angie, one of the trips through your state, I would love to coordinate a face to face meeting. This trip we are going with another dad & archer so our time is pretty tight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 09:53 PM   #1630  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper!View Post
The TLC is up!!! It looks like such fun!

Who has done the floating die cut card? I have not. I really want to but I don't think I have any backing to lift all the die cuts up at once. Sounds like a trip to town is in my near future!

Has anyone tried this with removable contact paper? I wonder if it would be too sticky. I have a whole roll of that stuff.

If it's removable, and if you reduce the tack even further by pressing it against your jeans a couple of times, I think it should work, though I've never seen it over here so I haven't tried it. You could test it with a small piece and a couple of reject die-cut pieces or stamped images. If they still peel off fine after running through the Big Shot, it ought to work. We don't have Press 'n Seal available here either (except at a super crazy import price through Amazon!), but in my birthday package last year a friend included a few pieces with actetate to back them, so that I could see what it was. Then I commissioned DH to buy me a roll when he was over in Maine in the fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2019, 04:56 AM   #1631  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I have press and seal. I just need to find the right stamps and dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #1632  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScraperwannabeView Post
I haven’t tried it & won’t have time this week. We are heading to FL for a tournament... Angie, one of the trips through your state, I would love to coordinate a face to face meeting. This trip we are going with another dad & archer so our time is pretty tight.

I look forward to it!!! We will have that meeting yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2019, 09:00 AM   #1633  

So far I have been cleaning my house and haven't made it to stamping. I am half way through the house. Had to sit out a few coughing spells but I am moving!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #1634  

The color challenge is Petals of Seafoam on top of my cake! All very soft colors!

It looks like I am a little too early for the teapot challenge so we will have to look in on that later!

We haven't had a question in a while so let's chat about the weather since the CAS challenge this week was about outside.

What is your weather like?
Would you rather create sunshine scenes or winter scenes on cards?

Where you live is there a season that seems at times unbearable to you? Since you can't change the temps what would make living in your least favorite season more fun?

Our current temp is HOT. I don't care much for summer, a pool would make it much more tolerable.
I actually enjoy creating snowy scenes as much as sunshine scenes, I just usually like to create the opposite of whichever season we are currently in. Sunshiny cards on a gloomy day are the best and snowy cards on a 90-degree day cool me off!

Your turn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2019, 11:55 PM   #1635  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Not going to link till I get to a PC, but the TPT challenge is our favourite non-domestic animal (like maybe we collect frogs, so make a frog-themed card), and as it's the end of the month, the destination is each other.

I like making sunny beach and garden cards but I do also enjoy making rainy scenes. As winters here are mostly just dull grey and cold, they're not very picturesque.

Here we've been having warmer weather and sunshine recently, but yesterday was cold with torrential downpours and some thunderstorms. I'd gone to bed with swollen glands and a site throat and the thunder woke me up. When I was coming home from work there was a major cloudburst...so heavy that if it hadn't eased off just a few minutes before my bus stop, I think I really would have stayed on the bus rather than get off at my stop. I offered to collect DH at the train station but I'm kind of glad he didn't see my message in time :mrgreen:, and he enjoyed the thunder and lightning.

What I really don't like about the weather here is the grey days when the sky feels like a lid pressing down on you. I don't mind the cold, the rain or the sun, but grey is so oppressive. I don't think there's anything that makes that more tolerable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2019, 03:06 AM   #1636  

Here is the link to MMTPT566! (the teapot challenge)

I hope I get to play! I have a Koala stamp I haven't used. The Koala has been my animal since I was 8!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2019, 03:10 AM   #1637  

Sabrina, my sweet friend Janeenk feels the same way. She lives in WI and it's gray and cold much of the time. Poor thing. Here we sit in 90 degrees and haven't seen a drop of rain in weeks and they have rarely seen the sun. For most of May it didn't get above 50. She still has her fireplace on quite a bit. We have been running our A/C all May and I sweat just walking from my art space to my kitchen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2019, 04:22 AM   #1638  

Received 635 Likes on 361 Posts

I love summer, Angie, even with the heat and humidity. It was 96 degrees yesterday but, of course, it is the humidity that gets you. Still, I had rather have that any day than winter. I hate the cold, the leaves off the trees, plants gone dormant or dead. Everything just looks brown. Maybe that is why we get so excited if we get a little snow.

For cards, my favorite to make are winter cards. I love to make snow banks, falling snow, and wintry skies. How strange since I don't like winter. I do like to make underwater scenes in the summer.

No card creating for me today. I have to go to the dermatologist and other things that need doing. I know today's challenges would be fun.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2019, 05:59 AM   #1639  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

good morning ooh I like those colors. hmmm, we have had rain off and on for the last few weeks. and that really doesn't bother me as long as we get some sun peek through, when it stays grey for long periods of time with no sunlight I feel like a plant that got stuck in a closet or something.

I think summer is my least favorite season ( mostly the heat) because, I find it easier to wear a sweater in the winter when its cold than to run around neekid in the summer. ha ha. ( you know I am totally shy, quiet and reserved in real life and that has about a snowballs chance in hell of really being true right?) but, that's about what it feels like and the funny part is it rarely hits 3 digits here in the summer but, when it does I just wilt. I think a pool would be the ultimate thing but, when we kick around the idea we talk about building an indoor building for it. ( then we could use it all the time)

I spend time outside ever day even when the rain is coming in sideways so, I have lots of wild bird feeders and that distracts me when there is not much gardening to be done.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2019, 06:11 AM   #1640  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Here's today's sketch challenge - didn't even get to look at it till now. I had dreams of making one last week, they faded away like the morning dew.

Sketch Challenge 751 {05/29/19} - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes