Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2017, 07:07 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Suggestions?

I am just getting back into papercrafting. I have literally TONS of supplies that have sat unused for a while now and I am feeling guilty.

I would like to make some type of special item to mail to my daughter who is in college. I am thinking about something that would enable me to add candy, special pencils, and treats..... Kind of a "happy mail" package.

I have seen the loaded envelope type project online, but I wondered if any of you could offer any other suggestions. Examples would also be appreciated, as I have not done many of the newer projects. (I had to research the term "loaded envelope" after seeing it on several photos in Pinterest. LOL!)

Thanks in advance

Stella
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2017, 05:52 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the top of this page and click on Tutorials. There are some great ideas and videos of things to make.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't know why double-posted - sorry

Last edited by bjeans; 03-16-2017 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

You could make different size boxes out of card stock, each with different treats, notes, pencils, etc. Those boxes could be put in a plastic box that she'd be able to use for other things, but would protect them, and put in a shipping box. There are thousands of box tutorials on YouTube. Some use the envelope punch board and some not. With a 40% off coupon at Michael's or similar it's inexpensive and so versatile.

For example, my hair stylist "ordered" me to give her mini KitKats last Halloween, and when looking for a box to make to put them in, found a box that didn't have any measurements, but that I thought was adorable. I made it, and it turned out to be the perfect size for about six stacked up mini KitKats. Papercraft With Crafty: Sturdy Box with Punched Ribbon Slider Lid

Does she like tea? This tea wallet is fun. My 92-year-old mother-in-law uses it, made in flowery paper that's her style: Pootles' Way Back Wednesday Tea Bag Holder Folder

You can find pencil boxes, Post-It Note holders, all different kinds of boxes on YouTube. Catherine Pooler also has a video on making a simple box of any size. So you could have nesting boxes.

I hope others post some suggestions and that you let us know/see what you make for your college student!

BTW, the two projects I posted are also on YouTube - just thought the blogs would be handier since they often provide more info. If you want more links to specific type boxes just ask. I'm a bit of a box addict.

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 03-16-2017 at 06:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2017, 07:04 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

I forgot to mention gift card holders are fun to make too. This pop-up gift card holder has been one I've made with various themes: https://m.
We wanted to thank the usher in our section at a ball park where we have tickets, and I cut up a program for decorative pieces, plus found a baseball stamp to decorate that pop-up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2017, 04:10 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I have made an album/journal for my daughter and each pocket I had put a suprise in for her and when she had taken them out she could use for photo etc of her time spent in college that she can look back at years on, and maybe one day show her daughter.

Regards

Deborah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2017, 05:00 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't forget the power of a simple handwritten note when a child is away from home.

For a little variety make and send postcards occasionally but don't write anything too personal on these as they will probably be read by others first as they are sorted there on campus.

This is one of those times where you will need to let go and realize that your creations will probably get tossed. Quarters are way too cramped and there is too much moving - into a dorm then out of the dorm, repeat X4 years.

... and if they don't mention what you sent them, remind them to check for mail, they can get busy and forget.
Reply With Quote Likes