Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #121  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathg3262View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Like so many of you, I desperately need to use up my stock of DSP and the 12 x 12 books.

This year I want to - PLAN - to use up as much of my stuff as I can. And I do have a very lot of stuff.

A couple years ago I sold many of my older stamps that I hadn't used in several years. What was left I put for sale at the Christmas Card Stamp Camp I head up. This year I wrapped 4 sets of stamps or a mix of sets and singles and put them under our "Christmas Tree". As each name was called for a door prize, they could choose any gift under the tree as well as a handmade notepad & pen holder. I got rid of 100 gifts of stamps And have another empty bin in my room - NOT to be refilled with new things.

I would like to be able to make Clean and Simple cards and not feel guilty that they are CAS. I just can't seem to leave the embellies off I love using flowers and/or layers on my cards.

To get me motivated when Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group was suddenly shut down, I joined the SCS BRAK, then Tuesday Teapotters. I do some BRAK cards each month and TeaPotters I can do if it's something I want to participate in. I need to get my own computer back and in running order so I can begin posting my pictures again. (I'm using a borrowed 'puter and don't have any of my extra programs on here).

Thanks to whoever started this thread. It's fun to know that all of us have something we want to change this year.
Good for you! My neighborhood scrapbook store will have their annual parking lot sale in April again this year. I plan on bagging up stuff to sell.
As I condense my stash I remove the empty containers from the room altogether.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 12:32 AM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Queen of Inkland, your squirrel comment made me laugh, and think of this meme which has been around earlier in the week on FB.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #123  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Queen of Inkland, your squirrel comment made me laugh, and think of this meme which has been around earlier in the week on FB.

Love it, Shaz! And glad you had a laugh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #124  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

So, we're a month into 2017. How are you doing with your resolutions?

January was a bit of a rough start for me, I have to admit. I received a gift certificate to a crafty online store from a family member. It was a bit larger, as it was a Christmas and birthday gift combined. So, I was able to treat myself to a few extra tidbits that I've been meaning to get. Sadly, that one order lead to making another couple of orders to grab a few other things I couldn't resist (that cute Doodlebug coffee paper got me good).

The recent CHA coverage was tough, too. Lots of new products featured there that I could see myself using. Thankfully, most of the stuff that I really really really wanted isn't out yet. It gives me a chance to talk myself out of them for a while longer. ;)

It didn't help that January was exceptionally busy for me at work and with family. We had 3 big family gatherings for the holidays and birthdays that I hosted, and that's always a pretty taxing thing (cleaning + cooking for 15-2 people). So, I didn't have a ton of time to get crafty, either.

But, onward we go! I'm taking a big breath and jumping into February. I wrote out my goals again and stuck them to a visible spot on my desk, and I've put together some stash kits to get myself back in line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 01:57 AM   #125  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not to worry if you get off track. I did the following things to help me get and stay on track.

I unsubscribed from all emails from companies and blogs. And I mean ALL. No more info and excitement coming to my inbox. This has helped because there is nothing to buy.

I deleted all apps for blogs and websites from my iPad. I can still go to these sites....it's just not an app I easily click on.

I purged, cleaned and organized my craftroom. I made up four RAK and mailed to friends. I kept another small box in basement of stuff I am not sure of.

My craftroom is now a pleasure to be in and I am getting way more stuff made and having more fun doing it. I now I have a perfectly curated stash of stuff I love

Best of luck and I would love to hear updates
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #126  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update for Crafty Goals for 2017

So far - so good!
I have my BRAK cards and family cards for Feb all ready to mail at the appropriate time. I got all my Jan cards out - the last one being a day or 2 late for mailing.

I have my Christmas Card Challenge cards done for Jan and Feb plus a couple extras with more images set aside for future months. I love having the year long list of themes available!

I have card supplies ready to make a Tuesday Teapotter card for last week. I haven't done very well on the Teapotter cards since I had the computer issues. It still isn't back home. Need to call this week to check on the status.

I have a list of the cards and challenges that I need to post when I get my computer back. Right now I have a ton of pictures on my camera to download. I can easily see several days of work to get them all done.

I don't open emails for craft suppliers or stores anymore. I simply delete them. I don't go to too many blogs unless I'm looking for an older post with a card I especially liked and may CASE. Now if I could only get my housework under control:(
I hope the rest of you are doing well on your challenges too!

Kathy's Knook
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 07:25 AM   #127  
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My goal for this year was to participate in at least 3 SCS challenges a week using only items from my stash. I met my goal in January, participating in 21 challenges.
When I realized how many stamp sets that I own that had not seen any ink yet, I gave myself a second challenge. I put all the stamp sets that had never been used in a separate bin and challenged myself to use them. So far this month I have used 14 stamps sets for the first time. (I won't tell you how many sets are still in the bin!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #128  
Kookie Creator

Well, I am doing as I suggested to myself. I haven't purged much yet, bought more products (bad girl), but I am in the process of demounting my wood stamps. I am using the Jennifer McGuire idea of using clear pockets and plastic sheeting to mount the stamps to in the pocket. She must use all clear stamps as she doesn't need the firm plastic to mount the rubber stamps. But I am liking that 20 stamp sets stack in a file formation and just take about 7 inches of space. So I might be finished by next New Year's. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 01:59 PM   #129  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaF409View Post
Well, I am doing as I suggested to myself. I haven't purged much yet, bought more products (bad girl), but I am in the process of demounting my wood stamps. I am using the Jennifer McGuire idea of using clear pockets and plastic sheeting to mount the stamps to in the pocket. She must use all clear stamps as she doesn't need the firm plastic to mount the rubber stamps. But I am liking that 20 stamp sets stack in a file formation and just take about 7 inches of space. So I might be finished by next New Year's. LOL
Lots of work! I use Jennifer's method too, and my rubber stamps are fine on clear sheets (Dura-Lar) just like the photopolymer (clear) stamps are. I assume it's similar to your plastic sheeting - looks like acetate but isn't. : ) With the Dura-Lar and a piece of cardstock beyind it, it's firm enough for rubber. Have you tried it yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #130  

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCardseaView Post
So, we're a month into 2017. How are you doing with your resolutions?
I'm doing great - this is so very exciting!

Phase 1: I have been working arduosly and I will have room #1 ready for arting/crafting by the middle of February. This means that I'll have all the supplies and tools and products that I use frequently in room #1 and they'll be labeled and organized. And in this room I have a nice big uncluttered table by a window which is where I will work and which will be lit by my two floor OTT daylight lamps. BE STILL MY HEART LOLLLLLLLL

Phase 2: Clean up room #2 and see what in the heck is in there.

Phase 3: Clean up and unpack room #3 and see what in the heck is in there.

Phase 4: Organize rooms 2 and 3 and inventory/document everything so I can see what I have and locate it when I decide what I want to use.

P.S. My rooms are small, so my 3 rooms probably equate to the same size as one room that some of you are using.

I love this thread...so awesome to hear how everyone is doing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 07:45 PM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

January has been a challenge for me as well - at least creatively. I've been putting a lot of effort into organizing/digitizing/shredding/downsizing.... doing at least something for that project every day. But I found this had the nasty side effect of squashing my creative mojo. :( Plus, when I did get into my craft room, I swear I forgot how to color. Have made some cards but not at all happy with the quality of my coloring.

But all was not lost. I did get 4 cards made (and should have the 5th done tomorrow night). Made 2 with some cute little birds and made 2 with some sweet little envelope dies. The fifth one will most likely be a smaller version of my 2-envelope design. So both my nursing home card stash and my church shut-in card stash have grown a little bit. Have made some changes to how I am approaching the non-crafty project that I hope will allow me more coloring practice time and a few more cards in February.

As for the Christmas card goal - I've only gotten as far as recording what some of the challenges are for when I get to them. So that one was a bit of a bust this month.

Trying to reduce the stash will be a bigger project and not one I was really planning to attack in January. But I was able to use some of my scraps on a few of the cards I made this month. (Then again, I just bought about 6 new Copic markers and some Various Ink refills - but I'd say they were closer to needed tools - unlike the 2 stamp sets that are on their way to me after seeing one of Ardyth's fabulous cards. So my job this weekend is to find 2 stamp sets that would find more love in someone else's house and send them on their way.)

Thanks, Elle, for making the commitment to follow-up with us each month. It really helps us to remain focused on our goals. Whether or not we complete any/all of them, I'm certain that we'll get more accomplished thanks to your efforts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #132  
Kookie Creator

Thank you BJeans for the information about Dura-lar. I did not know about it as I have just been using cut up SU containers from the stamp sets and any plastic packaging that I had, that I could cut to size. Next I was going to try some clear sheets that I have called Grafix Clear Craft Plastic which might be what you are talking about, just something old that has been renamed. I am awaiting the finish of my task to order the refrigerator bins to hold the stamp pockets, so I know how many to order and what sizes. I worry about the weight factor and how easy they will be to move around and yet not break the bins. I have two places I could put them and one demands being pulled out and placed on the counter above the shelf. The other location I think I may have room to just flip through the stock to find the set I want to use. Currently, I am just using plastic shoe boxes until I get to the end of demounting. I also am using double faced tape to adhere the rubber stamps to the plastic. What did you use? I just pulled the foam and rubber combo from the wood and stuck the imaged sticker to the top, then the double face tape to stick to the plastic. I heard you can use glue and let it dry also, but haven't tried it as yet. Everyone's suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 05:20 PM   #133  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Thank you BJeans for the information about Dura-lar. I did not know about it as I have just been using cut up SU containers from the stamp sets and any plastic packaging that I had, that I could cut to size. Next I was going to try some clear sheets that I have called Grafix Clear Craft Plastic which might be what you are talking about, just something old that has been renamed. I am awaiting the finish of my task to order the refrigerator bins to hold the stamp pockets, so I know how many to order and what sizes. I worry about the weight factor and how easy they will be to move around and yet not break the bins. I have two places I could put them and one demands being pulled out and placed on the counter above the shelf. The other location I think I may have room to just flip through the stock to find the set I want to use. Currently, I am just using plastic shoe boxes until I get to the end of demounting. I also am using double faced tape to adhere the rubber stamps to the plastic. What did you use? I just pulled the foam and rubber combo from the wood and stuck the imaged sticker to the top, then the double face tape to stick to the plastic. I heard you can use glue and let it dry also, but haven't tried it as yet. Everyone's suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Concerning the refrigerator bins: I just bought a set at Sam's Club yesterday. I actually used two in the frig, but the other 4 are for craft organization. They are quite sturdy. I don't think you have to worry about breakage. There is a hole in the front to grab it.
I really like them! I fit all of my embossing folders in one, and am deciding what to do with the other. My package also had two narrower bins. I think they'll be perfect for lining up embellishments!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 06:34 PM   #134  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the info on the bins. Never thought about putting my embossing folders in them too. I have lots of revamping to do. LOL Feel like everyday I enter my room I want to play instead of work though. Might have to plan one day for play and one day for work and alternate to keep me smiling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 06:34 PM   #135  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really enjoy this one! Mine are to post on my blog daily so far this month I missed 1 day, due to my new grand baby! clean my craft room, use up all my scraps, I am also on a no spending spree but that is way to hard lol. I have been creating 1 atc card a day as well and I am not even thinking to hard on what to make, is it straight, will it look ok etc.. I am just letting go and doing it! I do post them on my blog and I dont care if no-one likes it lol, it is fun and relaxing for me. And no one is perfect. I enjoy what I do and love to share!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 03:09 AM   #136  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Grafix is the company that makes Dura-Lar polyester sheets. It feels like plastic or acetate but is different, is archival and won't damage stamps. They also make craft plastic sheets like you have. Let me know if you'd like links. : )

I didn't have many rubber stamps on wood, but those that I had I unmounted and then mounted the rubber onto EZMount. Some people have said it gummed up their scissors when cutting it, but I pounced corn starch baby powder around each stamp with a brush so cutting was easy. Not my idea. "Injoystampin" has a youtube video that shows the process called "Tutorial: Mounting Stamps using EZ Mount - Great tip!"

The InterDesign frig bins that Jennifer McGuire recommends are really heavy duty, some made to store soda cans. I use one that's divided down the middle - a "double wide." She has suggestions in her videos. I think it's this one but got mine at The Container Store, as well as a couple single sided ones for other storage: https://www.amazon.com/InterDesign-F...mcgink-20&th=1

It's a process - good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 03:27 AM   #137  
Gallery Gazer

I should add that using EZMount works for me, but I have mostly photopolymer stamps, not rubber, and because an LSS sells EZMount by the sheet, thought I'd give it a try. But others use different methods with tape or glue. In any case, my rubber stamps just are in Avery Elle pockets just like the photopolymer stamps, on Dura-Lar, with a piece of cardstock in the pocket for stability. It's the Jennifer McGuire system, with a few tweaks. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 05:51 AM   #138  
Stampin' Fool

So far this year I've made 1 card. I've been working on my inspiration art journal using mixed media.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #139  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As often happens, I power through a lot of Christmas cards in the fall and then don't have any creative urge for awhile. I usually need a jump start to get going again.

At my work there are a group of crafty ladies that plan a weekend where they just bring what they are working on, plan a little pot luck lunch and snacks, and have fellowship while they craft. I went last Saturday complete with fresh warm buns and a crate of what projects I had decided to make. It was great! I made 8 cards there and have since made a few more at home.

Most of the ladies quilt so they lug in machines, irons, cutting wheels... but what fun to just set up at a table and join the conversations If you want, or not. So my goal is to try to go again, bring more cardstock, my bags of scraps would be good. My problem is I just don't know what all I need for sure. But Murphy's law states that I will leave some key elements at home...

In the past I have put myself on a spending freeze, but being almost only a SU user, it isn't too hard to limit my buying. I don't follow blogs/companies/sales or that sort of thing so am not tempted much. I am allowing myself to buy during saleabration because I have a gift certificate to use from a friend and I may as well get freebie along with it! If I can settle on what I want..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 04:38 PM   #140  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just now thinking about what my goals are for 2017. First, I need to finish organizing and converting my catalog over to Evernote. I'm also still purging as I catalog. I've decided that if I'm logging a stamp set and wonder what I would do with it, or I'm not immediately thinking of cool things I can make with it (so much that I want to sit down right there and create something), the stamp set is going.

That leads me to my other goal: instead of doing one card at a time as needed for birthdays or other events, I want to go through my sets one at a time and just sit down and play. I don't need to get through ever set this year, but I want to see how I work when I'm just having fun.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #141  

Just checking in. How is everyone coming along in their 2017 goal journey? My update is that, as of this afternoon, room #1 is ready for arting/crafting; so very excited to have enough room to not have a 'craftalanche' every time i reach for a supply or a tool or I'm working on something HAHAHA. I know some of you have been experienced the 'craftalanche'...it's the worst OMG.

EVER FORWARD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #142  
Stampin' Fool

Besides ordering more products to play with on my soon to start projects,
I've working on my inspiration art journal... I need to make some thinking of you cards for Valentine's day this weekend...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #143  

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Besides ordering more products to play with on my soon to start projects,
I've working on my inspiration art journal... I need to make some thinking of you cards for Valentine's day this weekend...
Sounds like you're having lots of fun That is so awesome!!!!!

I'm doing Wanderlust 2017 and tomorrow I'm going to start working on some journal pages using what they've taught us so far.

Last edited by QueenOfInkland; 02-09-2017 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #144  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
Just checking in. How is everyone coming along in their 2017 goal journey? My update is that, as of this afternoon, room #1 is ready for arting/crafting; so very excited to have enough room to not have a 'craftalanche' every time i reach for a supply or a tool or I'm working on something HAHAHA. I know some of you have been experienced the 'craftalanche'...it's the worst OMG.

EVER FORWARD
Oh! I want to get to that point of not having "craftalanche"
I had been the Queen of organization for quite awhile and then something happened. I love my stuff and find purging un doable. I have outgrown my space and it is more difficult to create. My 2017 goals are a forgotten thing already. I would have to read all the pages of this thread to find what I said.

That being said: I have made some cards, boxes, and tags. A few gift things like packets of notepaper and am just about caught up with indexing and filing all my christmas presents and sale buys. I have so much new neat stuff, I am overwhelmed. I have a swap due this Saturday and the winter themed fancy fold card is done, but the coordinating package needs trimming.

Since I have had the handicap of not being able to wear my contact lenses for a month which makes design difficult, I have not done too badly. Just overwhelmed with ideas and limited time. Today was my first day with my super sight back and I got up with a nasty sore throat and feel like pond scum.
That being said, I found more ideas to overwhelm me while browsing between naps and coughing fits.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I can get back to the dungeon and "goal" on. Swap card winter theme
Attached Thumbnails
Crafty Goals for 2017-img_6167.jpg   Crafty Goals for 2017-img_6168.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #145  

Quote:

Originally Posted by estampsView Post
I hope you get there........'craftalanche' is so frustrating!

Reading your post, you sure sound very organized. That is awesome!! I'm sure it will take me at least this year to get my stuff organized and indexed so how awesome for you that you keep up with it.....you are inspiring! And I love your swap card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #146  
Gallery Gazer

I've been blah about both organizing and making, and do need to make some cards. So since heat embossing is my favorite thing in the crafty world, tomorrow I'll make heat embossed blobs of every color I have, punch each out with a circle punch, and adhere them to each jar to see the color a la Jennifer McGuire. Totally fun play but accomplishing something. Maybe it will jump start me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM   #147  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep wanting to color code my embossing powders. Thanks for the reminder. That goes on my to do list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #148  

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I've been blah about both organizing and making, and do need to make some cards. So since heat embossing is my favorite thing in the crafty world, tomorrow I'll make heat embossed blobs of every color I have, punch each out with a circle punch, and adhere them to each jar to see the color a la Jennifer McGuire. Totally fun play but accomplishing something. Maybe it will jump start me.
Utilitarian fun play ... sounds like a Win Win to me!! Enjoy 👍
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #149  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post

EVER FORWARD
Loving that word craftalanche! Yes, I definitely have that problem.
I am going through tote bags, finding partially completed projects, and completing them. That is what happens when you craft in the kitchen or dining room. You need the table; stuff gets thrown in a bag and forgotten.
I'm on my second project, plus I've straightened up my supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2017, 03:05 AM   #150  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am doing well. I have spent no money which is major for me. I have made 47 Chritsmas cards so far. 16 Sympathy cards for my mom to keep on hand. I have purged, cleaned and organized my craftroom. I have made a bunch of scrap pages and it's been more fun to scrap because my embellies are easy to access. The down sound of the clean up was I found a lot of partial bags of candy in almost every drawer and bin. I combined them all into one container and am eating my way thru quite a bit. Also youngest son is now onto my candy bin....if he tells his father it's done for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2017, 03:06 AM   #151  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

My goal was scrap and only scrap in 2017. It's Feb. 10 and I haven't done a single page. However, I did get my craft room refreshed, added another table for more work surface and reorganized 20+ years of embellishments so they are accessible and ready for scrapping. Plus I made some headway in a project to make 200 cards for my son's school. By March 1st I will be done with cards and can scrap, scrap, scrap!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #152  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, I am going to chime in here too with my update. So far, I have made 6 valentine day cards, a get well card, and 2 birthday cards. I altered a clock and in the process of altering another one. I also made a tea box for my daughter that she simply adores! Not too shabby start for me being I have not crafted in ages. However, I haven't created the first scrapbook page and that is what I really wanted to concentrate on. For some reason it is so hard for me to sit down and scrap when I have all these stamps screaming at me to make cards! What is a gal to do????

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh! and so proud that I have only placed 2 orders. One order was for ribbon and such for my new We R Memory Keepers typewriter I got for Christmas and the other order was a pre-order for 2 items from Tim Holtz new release. I got the Stamp Platform and the Wildflower thinlet dies. Had to have those. Otherwise, I have not been tempted for anything else. I do receive a couple of kit clubs that I have been subscribed to since last year. However, I am thinking of cancelling those as well.

I forgot to mention that I did organize a good bit of my stamp set and die stash in the refrigerator bin (Jennifer McGuire style). That took me about 3 days to do one bin. They say it holds I believe 300 plus sets. Anyway, mine is full and I emptied 2 baskets that I had them thrown in. So, that made a huge dent in space for me! I have another bin on hand that I plan to use and should finish up the remaining stamps I have lying around.

Last edited by smokiesgal; 02-10-2017 at 01:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by estampsView Post
I had been the Queen of organization for quite awhile and then something happened. I love my stuff and find purging un doable. I have outgrown my space and it is more difficult to create. My 2017 goals are a forgotten thing already. I would have to read all the pages of this thread to find what I said.

That being said: I have made some cards, boxes, and tags. A few gift things like packets of notepaper and am just about caught up with indexing and filing all my christmas presents and sale buys. I have so much new neat stuff, I am overwhelmed. I have a swap due this Saturday and the winter themed fancy fold card is done, but the coordinating package needs trimming.

Since I have had the handicap of not being able to wear my contact lenses for a month which makes design difficult, I have not done too badly. Just overwhelmed with ideas and limited time. Today was my first day with my super sight back and I got up with a nasty sore throat and feel like pond scum.
That being said, I found more ideas to overwhelm me while browsing between naps and coughing fits.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I can get back to the dungeon and "goal" on. Swap card winter theme
Goodness!!! I think we must be related!!!! HA!!!!! My sister in scrapping!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #155  
Crimping Master

The Virtual Scrap book challenges inspired me to get going. I have finished 8 pages in my son's Cub Scout scrapbook. Only about six more to do and it's on to his Boy Scout/Eagle Scout album. I'm up to scrapping the year 2003. Woohoo!! I'm keeping up making cards with the following challenges: All Occasion card, Fan Club Christmas and the general Christmas card challenge. All of the challenges here have been really inspiring me to get more done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #156  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

My ONE AND ONLY goal of making time to create is baby-stepping into success - I've managed several sessions of creating time in the past month, so that totally counts! I've even managed a couple of blog posts (go, me!)

Earlier in this thread Gabriella18 referred to her "perfectly curated" collection of supplies, and I thought that was THE most apt description of what we truly want! I have a few things that I'm hanging onto in the hope of either: a) becoming more proficient with that particular medium/technique, or b) deciding enough is enough and sending it out into the flow. Except for those few things, I'm right there with Gabriella!

To that end, a couple of the sessions were what Lydia (UnderstandBlue) refers to as "creating for the trash" - I just played with the stuff to see what would or wouldn't happen, what you could or couldn't do, etc. Did I throw those experiments away? Sure did! Did I lament that it was expensive watercolor paper and feel like I "wasted" my money or time or energy? Nope! Pretty inexpensive education, when you come right down to it, and education is what I'm all about! How else can I learn if I don't try, right? On we go!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #157  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

We've said goodbye to February, so how are your resolutions going?

While January was a rocky start, I feel like February went much better for me! I got going on my stash kit projects and managed to finish around 20 cards altogether. Given how busy the month was for me, work-wise, I'm pretty proud of this achievement.

Shopping-wise, it was better, but not perfect. Since my birthday is this weekend, I was treated to a crafty shopping trip. I stocked up on more adhesive and consumables like patterned paper and stickers, but did not overspend by buying the entire store.

This month, I think I will start a destash pile and put in stamps or supplies in there that I'm really don't see myself using - or using enough. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with that pile get, but I think it's helping keep me on track.

I'd love to hear how your month went!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #158  
Kookie Creator

I unmounted my last SU stamp set and am working on putting them into the envelopes. So close to being done as I just have 20 sets to finish the packaging. Now, I have a serious question for you. If you were in my position, would you also unmount all the individual stamps too? I have about 20 drawers of them! I am definitely going to take a break from unmounting for awhile but would appreciate your opinions and think on how far I want to take this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #159  
Stampin' Fool

Yeah! I have starting unmounting wood stamps as well, BUT only the ones I luv and use. My style has changed considerably from when I first started stamping. As for the others, I'll leave them as they are since they may be going out the door.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #160  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bjeans I'm with you on stretching my stuff. I liked the Laura B. quote. I do better when I'm not just looking at the next thing down the road and making an effort to use what I have. I just destashed. I swear the eight new oxides and the creative corners are my last purchases this month. Too bad it's only March 2nd. The idea of looking at the whole rest of 2017 is way too daunting.
Reply With Quote Likes