Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #2281  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Thank you, Susan! You made me smile all the way through the computer and I felt your love! ♥ You are a dear friend - thank you for reminding where the real happiness liesand what matters most ♥ Yes, I'm getting very excited - 15 weeks! It's going to fly by!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2018, 03:27 AM   #2282  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,948 Likes on 3,841 Posts

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Susan, yes... I heard about the lines and crying children at those BAB stores. WOW! Makes me wonder who thought up that idea... and how soon they will attempt that again. EEK!

Kelly, how sweet! I would have needed tissues for that - I'd have been a blubbering idiot. I'm sure the wee one IS beautiful... like her mama and her grand-mama!

Waving to Lynn and Shelly, too! Love you!

There's been a change of plans in our home. Brock and I are leaving after lunch (more importantly, after the mail arrives) to go back to spend some more time at camp. Apparently my DH is homesick. ;) We won't be home until early tomorrow evening.

Have a safe and enjoyable Friday the 13th.... and a GREAT weekend! I'll see you again on Monday!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2018, 04:13 AM   #2283  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

Awww...jeanette how sweet is that? DH dearly missing both you and Brock. I assume you and Brock will be hotelling it tho right? Brock must be super excited to see that goat too. Well you have fun. Whats going to keep you busy while the guys do their camp stuff? Drive safe and we'll talk to you Monday .

Today is suppose to be heading home day for us but DH wants to leave tomorrow instead. We shall see who wins...lol. I so want to see the grands and would rather go today. The whole time I've been here I have only completed 3 different tag kits for my ladies to work on when I get home. Was hoping for a lot more but it's been so humid here and we'll ya know what humidity does to paper. My work area on porch is not air conditioned and altho I get beautiful breezes through t he porch as the waves are crashing, it's a wet breeze. On real humid days the outside windows sweat and the morning dew is more like the all day dew lol.

Hope everyone has a great weekend... waving to Kelly, Shelly, and Lynn.

Love and hugs to all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #2284  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY indeed for the weekend!

Looks like everyone is movin' and shakin'! And Friday the 13th - wowza!
It's supposed to be a day of bad luck, I think? Today my son and I were out and as we were heading to my Jeep, I saw something folded up on the ground blown into the curb and said that looks an awful lot like money ... turns out it was $20! He said "hey, look over your shoulder - there's a Starbucks!" LOL! How my kid knows me. BUT, it came home and went into our good luck jar ♥

Hope everyone is off to a good start to the weekend!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2018, 03:33 AM   #2285  
Die Cut Diva

No bad luck here at least none that I noticed. Lol
Driving home today. Excited! At first it was because I'll finally see the grands but now it's because DH saw a commercial for a BRAND NEW stamp and scrapbook store that just opened the end of April in Neenah. Sooooo...taking a side trip home and going to check it out!! Woo Hoo!!!!!! Hoping to find some treasures and inspiration. Already found out that they have a fb page.
So we're off to the Sandpiper Restaurant for breakfast then hitting the road. I'll let you all know how my adventure went. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #2286  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Safe travels home, Susan!

Waving to all! (so I don't get caught talking to myself, LOL!)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2018, 06:26 PM   #2287  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday! To myself! Since I'm here allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll alone! :shock::oops::rolleyes:

Hope it's a good one!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2018, 03:04 AM   #2288  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, how was the new store???? (I just learned about one in the town where I go all the time for meetings - who knew, right? So next month when I'm there for meetings, I'm going to check it out.) I hope you're safely home now and had grand snuggling time. ;) We had a good time at camp - at least Brock did. LOL! He loves camp! And that goat - actually, there are 2 goats. They've added one since last year and I didn't know it. I was a wee bit put out with DH, though. LOL! He didn't bother to tell me they now have wifi at the camp motel (where he/we stayed)... so I could have taken my computer with me. I will know better next year.

Kelly, your greetings are all adorable! WOW! What a find on Friday the 13th! I'm intrigued about your "Good Luck Jar"... can you tell us more about it? please!

Lynn, Shelly, are you here? I don't think I saw you.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2018, 11:18 PM   #2289  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

monday on the way

The trouble with weekends is - they end! LOL!

Hope everyone is doing well! It will be a bit of a crazy week ahead for us with a wonderful finale - our dd's shower is this weekend and her MIL has pulled out all the bells and whistles. She always wanted a daughter - and was blessed with just one son - so my daughter for her IS her daughter, too ♥ We're so lucky they are close!

Hmmm, isn't the purpose of camp to not be on the wifi? tee hee! And yay for double goat friends.

I've been doing something a little sneaky here ...... staying up past my bedtime, writing! One day I'll finish the novel in my head - but I take advantage of the stillness. It's been soul stirring!

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 02:51 AM   #2290  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, what an adorable graphic! How exciting - it's shower week. I know your daughter is going to be blessed by the efforts of her MIL who is working at making the day a huge success.

LOL! Yes, the purpose of camp is to be off the wifi... except Brock and I were sequestered in the motel there for about 4 1/2 hours on Saturday, waiting for the official camp to end and the camp staff to get everything packed up and put away. Plus I had to stay in the motel room with Brock from 7:30 PM until time for breakfast the next morning. It would have been nice to have something to do while I waited. ;) Brock did Word Search Puzzles and I read... so it wasn't a total bust.

Waving to Susan, Lynn, and Shelly!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #2291  
Die Cut Diva

Hello!!!! I'm here. The LSS in Neenah wss Fantastic!!! Small but they had stuff I hadn't seen before so it was a HUGE PLUS!. I guess there's a guy on You tube that does videos using his dies and stamps. According to the store the items are not easy to find but she has had him out to do a class at her store and he signed up to sell his stamps and dies there. WELL............of course I had to buy some!!! lol She also sells papers that were just so awesome(sure reminded me of the days of Archivers). This stuff you would never find at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Just cute cute cute! She said she orders from all over the world. Has an order in at a place in Japan and just recieved a delivery from Austrailia. She guaranteed there would be alot of different stuff the next time I ride in. And believe me there will be a next time and a time after that and so on and so on...heehee.

So I came home and immediately started helping DIL design an explosion box (actually 2) for a double wedding shower she is going to this Saturday for her 2 cousins. Tori (while in Door County bought both brides ankle bracelets in blue for the something blue so I ran with that and created these.

Its not all glued down yet DIL is coming later to do that. The 2 teal tags on bottom is for 2 different gifts DIL is giving the girls. Those are nearly done. I'll send more pics later.

I think the boxes are adorable. The little bracelets might just be wrapped in tissue and placed in the middle or I may make a tiny bob for the middle.. Decisions decisions.

Kelly enjoy your shower! Its always so nice when inlaws have great relationships. My DIL and I are very close as I am also to her mom. Love our extended family!

Jeanette..so glad Brock had a great time and altho I totally understand being bummed over internet its also a good thing to disconnect and do some old fashioned reading!

Hi Lynn Hi Shelly.

I'll check back later
HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #2292  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, those explosion boxes are going to be fabulous! And YAY for finding a store to go back to again and again! Sounds like a delightful little place!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #2293  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy TOOSday!

Make it a great one! Heading to Goodwill to find a slacks/shirt for my son who is now 5'7.5"!!!!!! I bought him a suit for my daughter's wedding at Burlington in March - MARCH people! And his pants look like high waters!
(not sure what the current word is - I'm old school and well ... just plain old!) No sense spending that $ again for something he will wear ... apparently once!

SUSAN _ look at you, exploding! You truly are the queen of fancy folds!! I couldn't make that if my Starbucks depended on it! And that says a lot .........
Glad you had a great time at your new find! The store sounds fun. I miss the days of LSS :( I love me a good big box store (HL, M's, etc) but they aren't THE SAME .. kwim

Yes, we are fortunate dd has a wonderful MIL - she adores my daughter! So do I. Just sayin. LOL! Sadly, I do not speak to my MIL but that's another saga for a time like never since I don't think about her much. It makes me sad for my husband sometimes but you can't force people to be someone else. I love my mama! She's one of my bestest friends ♥

Hi Jeanette, Lynn, Shelly!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #2294  
Die Cut Diva

Well Ladies.........here we go....the boxes are awesome if I do say so myself. lol I was out to have my DIL impress everyone. (after all she did glue it together..heehee) Anyway I probably could have kept on going adding more and more stuff but I controlled myself. The little embossed envelope on the box top was an extra add on. Pull the butterfly and a little For You note comes out. The inside center was originally going to just have the ankle bracelet wrapped in tissue. But since I had extra floral paper I decided to make this cute little twine closed box. Next thing you know I'm making flowers and swirls (not originally planned either.) I love them!
She needed tags too but by that time we were pretty crafted out so tags remained simple but they're still cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #2295  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

*BOOM!* drops mike ......

Susan, you are a hard act to follow, GURL! I'm over here with my one layer wednesday - LOL!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome!!! Even more awesome that you get to do it with a crafty friend! I'm over here with a kitty on the table tryna chew everything I run through the cuttlebug! I need a crafty friend - instead I get crafty kitty

I do have a question now that I wiped the drool, opened and closed my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming these beauties ....... how did you make the flowers? The white ones - the little honeycomb looking ones on the side and the outside of the box? If you said it - sorry - I can be dumb sometimes!

Seriously. BRAVO!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #2296  
Die Cut Diva

Ahhhh...Kelly its my new favorite die. Cheap die from Amazon. Comes with 3 dies for layering and when you use shimmer paper or mix colors and patterns they look absolutely awesome. Here's a link:
Amazon.com: Staron Metal Cutting Dies Lace Flower Card Making Wedding Gift Die Cuts Stencils Template For DIY Scrapbooking Album Decorative Cutting Dies Cut Embossing Paper Card (H): Arts, Crafts & Sewing

I hope that works. I stink at inserting links...lol
And thanks...I love doing these types of projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 08:35 PM   #2297  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

Hello ladies!
Dropping in to catch up. It has been a long but fast moving week! A bit tired with the pup here- he goes home tomorrow. Daughter tried to get us to keep him until Sat., but I told her it would be too much with Ray coming home from India- he will be all mixed up with the time change (and he has done 3 overnight testing sessions) and ....I am tired! The pup must be teething- chewing up everything- books, the rug padding, paper out of the recycling..... have to watch him every minute! I will miss him though!
Mom continues to have issues with thinking someone is going to pick her up to take her home (where ever that is). I hope she can settle in, cause it is hard to hear her be upset/unsettled all of the time.
I go to dermatologist and piano tomorrow AM, then sis coming down to see mom- will spend some time with them, but have loads of stamping to do.... Need to make 20 ATC's ASAP- have one designed, the other...we'll see

Kelly- 15 weeks is so close! You are so fortunate- Gma! And, did you refer to she is growing well as in you know it is a Girl??? Wahoo!

Whola- Susan, that box is amazing!!! Wowza! Glad you found a great new store to visit and spend $$$ at for great supplies !!! Oh, I am in a swap group- 7 of us I think- where we make a card kit and send it out on an assigned month, so every month, get a kit in the mail.

Jeanette- I have a fun picture for Brock to see- some of Katies friends were just up in Door County at the restaurant that has goats on the roof- I grabbed their pic of IG

Yes, the roof has grass growing on it : )

Hi Lynn! Hope you are staying cool, eating premade dinners and getting some stamping time!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2018, 03:14 AM   #2298  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my goodness! Oh. my. goodness.

I'm squealing here!

From explosion boxes, goats on roofs, and Kelly's humor.... this is definitely the thread to be in this morning. My happy place!

You ladies have started my morning with a smile! THANK YOU!

Kelly, did you find what you needed for your growing young man?

Susan, WOW! You explode beautifully! A true work of art!!!

Shelly, you have so much going on... people coming and going (grandpups, too), lessons, creating, etc. I am in awe.

Lynn, oh, Lynn! Are you playing hide and seek with us?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2018, 04:58 AM   #2299  
Die Cut Diva

YAY for the goats!!! Yep that's it Shelly! Thanks for sharing now everyone has a visual of what causes those traffic jams in Sister Bay!
My friend had moved her mother to a care center awhile ago. It took her quite awhile to settle in. Staff insisted that when my friend left that her mom just carried on never mentioning home again until the next person came to visit. I wonder if its a part of the condition? It has to be heart recking. Praying you find the strength to get through this.

Jeanette you'll have to visit that store you found when you attend your next meeting! DH has started checking his google maps on his phone whenever we go anywhere to see if there's a new store we might be able to go to. So lucky he supports my crazy craft.

Speaking of crazy craft....just got a new toy in the mail. The new WRMK word punch board. Nope haven't opened it yet. Too busy with those explosion boxes. But I can't wait! Love new toys!! If you haven't seen it yet here's a link.
We R Memory Keepers Word Punch Board

Ohhh C'mom Kel.....you can do anything Your super mom! I bet you'd whip out explosion boxes lickity split!

Boy Lynn must really be busy....H E L L O??????

Today I have to make a dinosaur birthday card for a 4 yr old little girl who is madly in love with anything dinosaur. Challenge on!!!

Have a fun day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2018, 05:02 AM   #2300  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I can see how those goats on the roof would draw some attention. ;) WOW! I hope you love your new toy!!! Have fun with the dinosaurs today! I'm sure you'll come up with something fun!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #2301  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy day, friends! Half way to the weekend! And I'm excited for ours! I did find one thing for my son - one thing not I've decided to wear a repeat dress since no one at this huge shower saw me at the last event, LOL!

Yes, he's TALL! And growing. And growing. My husband is 5'11 `but the men in our family on both sides are TALLLLL

How fun to hear from Ray on Alexa Love those goats on the roof!

Susan, fun new toy! It reminds me somewhat of the label maker! Membah those? I could be dating myself, LOL, but that was one of my favorite things to use when I was little! Let us know what you make with your new toy!

Waving to everyone - dashing off again!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2018, 04:06 PM   #2302  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Uh oh! Finding one thing and not the other... will he DS be fully dressed for the shower?

J/K... I know you have everything in good shape, Kelly!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2018, 02:44 AM   #2303  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #2304  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Almost the weekend! This might be my last post until Monday - dh has Friday-Monday off for a 'stay cation' and he's planned eacy day, he says. He's feeling slightly better and wants to do things like fishing and canoeing - think he's having a TIm McGraw moment!

I thought it was going to be the boys and I was going to stamp my heart out this weekend to my heart's content with a house to myself, no boys in the clubhouse kinda weekend! Nope! He said he wants his bride along, too! We have to be at the shower on Sunday so we will be close to home each day. And I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Canoeing/Kayaking! YAY! So that's a bonus, I suppose!

LOL Jeanette, if you only knew my son! Your comment is spot on! He HATES wearing pants - I don't get it! At home he's a tshirt and undies (they do look like shorts, but come on) I did find pants, most inportant, and he found a button down that still (sort of) fits. Works for me!

Everyone must be off doing fun things and keeping cool - indoors! It's a hot one again today!

If I dont' make it back, HI and BYE!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #2305  
Die Cut Diva

Awwww have an awesome weekend Kelly. So sweet that dh wants to be with his bride..such a romantic!
Yes the new toy is kinda like those label makers. I only tried it out and punched WINE TIME. heehee go figure!
Made another explosion box for my sister. Todays her birthday but I will be seeing her on Saturday. Also got a birthday card done for grand nieces birthday party which is where we will be going Saturday.
Storms are rolling in from Rockford. Hopefully DH will be done smoking the ribs before it hits. Taking Tori out for some new dresses tonight. All her sundresses are getting small. She is growing like a weed! This AMA is a pushover when she wants something new lol.
Have a great day ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #2306  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Susan! Happy Birthday to your sister! Today is my brother's (and only sibling) birthday, too! Awesome people were born today!

And my neighbor had her baby girl! She was also born at 1 something this morning - baby Emma Grace ♥ Her sister, 4 year old Sophie, apparently threw a fit and asked her to be sent back because she changed her mind and wanted a brother, LOL!!! Poor babe!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2018, 06:49 PM   #2307  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet day of birthdays, it seems. Happy Day to all of them!

Kelly, I giggled about your son's preferred attire. It works, right? And who sweet that you and your man are going to staycation together, because he is feeling better and wants his bride by his side! Enjoy each other!

Susan, you're on a roll with those explosion boxes. WOW!

Well, I'm wondering... wasn't today the day Ray was coming home? I sure hope he made it safely! Maybe Shelly will let us know soon.

Lynn, what's up with you?

My DH's bags are packed and he's ready to go. Well, as ready as he gets. He really doesn't travel well. LOL!

See y'all in the morning!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 02:20 AM   #2308  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 03:42 AM   #2309  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Well, dear ladies, sorry to have been missing for so long. This turned out to be a week filled with unexpected responsibilities and "fun" adventures of the not most pleasant kind.

Looks like I missed Jeanette and Brock roughing it at camp with the goats, and Shelly photographing goats, and Kelly preparing a nice "long" shower of delightful gifts for GD, and Susan arriving home with her new craft supplies to construct some amazing exploding boxes!!

I have spent most of the week at the computer with a tedious job of inputting data. It took me about 26 hours at the computer to complete that task, and I still have the double check for errors to do yet. Still another few hours to go I am sure!

Also had a scary night with some kind of animal in the wall between my bedroom and my bathroom. Could have been a squirrel but most likely a rat, I am afraid. I escaped to sleep on the couch in the living room. I haven't heard it again, but am getting the exterminator out to help me plug any holes where something that that could be getting in.

My sister came for three days and we enjoyed crafting and visiting when I could steal some time from my computer work.

Vacation Bible School starts Monday and I will be assisting in arts and crafts. Should be another busy week!

Have a fabulous weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 03:47 AM   #2310  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Lynn..... you were missed and now we see you were close by all along (on your computer). Yikes! I would like to think it is a cute squirrel... and not a rat. I hope the hole gets plugged and no more movement in the wall.

YAY for your time with Sis and for upcoming VBS, too!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 07:19 AM   #2311  
Die Cut Diva

H E L L O LYNN!!!! You were missed indeed! Having sis to craft sounds like it was fun and getting ready to do arts and crafts at VBS also sounds fun. 26 hours on a computer not so fun. Unless its enjoying you tube videos or pinterest like I do...lol. I'm with Jeanette lets hope its a squirrel and not a rat. I mean squirrels can cause alot of damage but rats are creepy. Tho DH says a squirrel is just a rat with a furry tail...ughhh.

Well Kellys off on a staycation (super fun) so I'm sure whell have alot to talk about when she's back on the grid..heehee

Shelly...so how was Rays trip?? Was there any fun and sight seeing??

Jeanette whats your weekend like?

Ok July birthdays just have to quit creeping up on me. I have another card to whip together for a friends birthday next week. Have not been able to get together with my ladies for a girls night but I sure would like to...instead I have the 4yrs old party this weekend and my sisters birthday celebration too. Then we may be going back to the cabin but we haven't discussed it yet.
Well I better get creative with another card.
Enjoy your day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #2312  
Die Cut Diva

Little added side note to Lynn...hope your staying clear of those Spontaneously Combusting Tortilla Chips!!! YIKES SCARY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2018, 04:02 AM   #2313  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I'm sure you can handle it, but you do know you are being the chatty one for a couple of days... without your chatty partner Kelly. ;)

My weekend? Well, first, I stayed up until nearly 2:00 last night waiting for DH's flight to land in London. I knew I wouldn't sleep well until he got there anyway. (I did manage to sleep in this morning - until 6:00. Woot! Woot!) Yesterday I made cards - all day long! I finished the VSN challenges. Yep, patting myself on the back there. In addition to card-making, I took care of Brock (meals, etc) and I dealt with some things with my mom - through my sister. Looks like they finally connected with the doctor's office regarding the MRI and my mom will have the "cement" injection next Friday. We're also trying to help my mom work out the learning curve with her new phone. It's been challenging, since my sister and I both have iPhones and my mom's is a droid.

Today will be the Brock routines... feed the ducks, lunch/cheeseburgers out, buy his work lunchbox groceries, etc. I might also make a card or two. And I need to do some organizing.

What are these spontaneously combusting tortilla chips you mentioned???

Have a great day!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2018, 04:43 AM   #2314  
Die Cut Diva

Me???? Chatty???? Nah....lol. Now for those exploding chips. Check it out:http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/07/19/tortilla-chips-that-spontaneously-combusted-are-behind-two-blazes-at-texas-factory-fire-officials-say.html It was all over face book surprised you missed it. lol
Glad to here DH made it to London safely. Traveling is so nerve racking these days. Enjoy your duck adventure and those cheesburgers. I bet your having a salad instead..heehee
Party day today. And I'm ready! Presents bought, wrapped and cards made! Hooray!
Tori and her mom will be going to the double wedding shower today instead. Tori is so excited...I took her out thurs night for a new dress and Starbucks. Ended up getting 3 dresses, skirt & top and a jean jacket. I just can't say no to that girl. But now she has a few dresses to choose from for the shower, and the outdoor wedding as well as 1st day of school outfit.
I sure hope the weather is behaving for Kelly.
Shelly whats up with you? Lynn still being busy?
Have a great weekend!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #2315  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I've not been on FB much - been busy trying to finish up those VSN cards. ;)

Wow! That's kind of scary - and it was scary when the fox news link all of a sudden poofed and droplets of water overtook my screen. What's up with that? I didn't read much of the article before that happened. And I couldn't get rid of them.

Have fun today! YAY for parties! And YAY for shopping with Tori, too. You two ladies did well. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2018, 04:53 AM   #2316  
Die Cut Diva

Mystery rain drops????? Creepy...lol. Not sure what was up with that. Oh Oh........is that the way the day is going to be???? Wierd things happeing all because of exploding chips!! do do do do.....do do do do ( I'm trying to sing creepy lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2018, 05:05 AM   #2317  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It was a bit strange... but strange isn't always a bad thing. I tell my DH that all the time when he tells me I am a strange one. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2018, 03:03 AM   #2318  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Is this how you feel about Monday?

I hope your weekend was FANTASTIC!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 AM   #2319  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Jeanette, where in the heck did those rain drops come from?

Susan, I love the PARTY life you live!! There must never be a dull moment around your place.
Never a dull moment around here either, but never in the same fun way. Spend Friday in the ER with my mother. She fell and bit a huge chunk of her upper lip almost off. Dad was out digging up treasures with his friends so I rushed her in for stitches.

The rest of the time I spent at the computer coding, coding, coding. I think I have finally finished except for the final proofreading and cleanup.

Today starts VBS. Our theme is Put on the Armor of God.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2018, 05:03 AM   #2320  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!!! Weekend was quiet....well kind of! Celebrated birthdays of sister and grand niece and then spent the rest of the weekend being creative and grocery shopping. UGHHH....not a fan of the grocery part. Its always such an ordeal...put everything in the cart..take it all out of the cart...have baggers who still only put 3 or 4 items in your reusable bags and then load you up with a dozen more plastic bags with 1 or 2 items in them...then load all those bags into the car...get home unload all those bags and carry them to the kitchen which in my case is in the very back of the house...then unpack the bags and put all those grocerys away. I mean seriously I get tired just thinking of have to go grocery shopping! lol
As for crafty part...followed a tutorial for one of those Pull Up cards which was fun but I'd really like to make it a bit smaller because the tutorial I followed when completed ended up being a 6.5 x 6.5 card and even my envelope punch board didn't have sized for a card that size. I then went and followed a tutorial by "MayMay Made it" for a Tealight lantern. Pretty cute though I've no idea what I'm going to use it for but I do know I'll be showing my ladies how to make one. I'm thinking Halloween themed.

Soooo did anyone else do anything fun??

HUGS to all of you
Reply With Quote Likes