Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Letter from a patient

I thought I'd share an email from a patient, very touching.

Hi,
I'm looking for a Connie Jones that makes beautiful cards and donates them to my hospital's volunteer department. I'm not sure if this is you. I have searched the internet and found a blog, which looks like it could be you. If it's not, I apologize. Please let me know if I reached the wrong Connie Jones because then I will continue my search...

I don't actually know you and you don't really know me. In fact, I never heard of your name until about an twenty minutes ago. I found it stamped on the back of a card that you created and then donated to the hospital (MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas). The volunteer department here has been giving out some of the most beautiful one-of-a-kind cards to us patients and I keep wishing I could thank the people who make these cards and donate them. I was really excited to find your stamp on the back because now I can finally thank someone who is at the producing end of the cards.

I am 28 years old and have been fighting leukemia for 5 years now. I had a bone marrow transplant in June 2015 and I'm recovering from that now. Looking through them and choosing a card is one of the highlights of my day and gives me a lovely way to stay in touch with friends and family back home. (I'm from NY and have been here in Texas for treatment for 6 months now).
Thank you so very much for your generosity of time, energy, creativity, thought and materials in making and donating these cards. They mean a lot to me, and I'm sure other patients as well.

Thanks again,
Yehudis Fromowitz
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes