Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anna Griffin Border Edges dies & embossing folders

I bought the ones from the last HSN show and I guess I'm dense, but I'm having trouble using them. Anyone have any tips or know of any videos showing how to use them?

TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

What kind of machine are you using? The "sandwich" you use is machine specific. The Anna Griffin embossing folders are made by the Cuttlebug people. Here's a YouTube video using the Cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamperDeaView Post
What kind of machine are you using? The "sandwich" you use is machine specific. The Anna Griffin embossing folders are made by the Cuttlebug people. Here's a YouTube video using the Cuttlebug.
I know how to use regular embossing folders as I have the Cuttlebug, Big Shot and the Grand Calibur. The ones I am talking about are the Anna Griffin ones from the recent HSN craft show. They are a combo of die edges that can be used with the matching embossing borders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

What issue are you having?

I found this demo by Anna from HSN - she is demoing "her" cuttlebug and using her folders.

Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Machine with Folders - YouTube

I know with some folders I have have to shim them with some thin chipboard (cut down cereal box) so the edges of the folders don't interfere with the design.

At about 9:00 on this video she demo's the borders Anna Griffin Cuttlebug with Folders LaceAS - YouTube

She states that you die cut, line up in the folder then emboss.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 04-24-2014 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

At about 9:00 on this video she demo's the borders Anna Griffin Cuttlebug with Folders LaceAS - YouTube

She states that you die cut, line up in the folder then emboss.

Read more: Anna Griffin Border Edges dies & embossing folders by YorkieMoma at Splitcoaststampers
She states that you die cut, line up in the folder then emboss.[/QUOTE]

Lining up the cut border edge with the embossing border was what I was having problems with. Thanks for the link so that I could re-watch what she did!! That will help me a lot!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are still having trouble her customer service is outstanding. Just give them a call.
mob
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you found a good answer. I am so............... FRUSTRATED!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2014, 04:01 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I sent mine back to HSN. I had ordered just the cutting dies set. I tried everything I could think of and followed the directions exactly, but they just didn't work. None of them cut. I don't think I'll be buying any of her dies again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wrote to the company with the following, but have yet to get a reply. Maybe someone on this thread can help.
Lace Embossing Folders and matching dies:
1. I am finding that the instructions do not address specifics, they only deal with general die cutting and embossing. I get the fact that the Griffin system is different in that one die cuts first, then matches up to emboss. But NO specific instructions for creating the borders that are suppose to coordinate with the large embossing folder of the same names. The double-sided borders, I am having no luck trying to use. There are no dimensions given for the width of paper to use. No how to(s) for these special embossing folders whatsoever. I have been die cutting and dry embossing for years, but need instructions to make special products work effectively. Otherwise, it is a trial and error process that leaves your customers wishing they had never made the purchase. I saw a lot of photos on your website for the double-sided borders being used with only a single side cut out, but only 1 showing a double-sided cut, but no instructions for getting this accomplished. I am very frustrated! I have wondered why Anna didn't create the die to be double-sided as well. I would like to request a video tutorial on how to use these double-sided borders with the matching dies.

2. Your Jolie lace border embossing folder is slightly off center as is the matching edge on the 5 x 7 folder of the same name. But the die for the border is straight, making it almost impossible to get a good match. Many of the reviewers on the Net are just having trouble lining this up as well and are ending up just cutting it out by hand. This doesn't seem to be a good use of your promotion. I believe the folders are defective. Please address.

Have any of you found this to be the case? I have been able to cut and emboss with the large dies, but not with the embossing foders with their borders and their dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just received an email from Anna's blog. She's just posted extended information on this because many had problems.
Reply With Quote Likes