Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #6761  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Maxine - my heart aches for you, truly. I pray for you often (and Darlene) I hope little Tinker is being a wonderful little boy for you - mischief can be good!

Hi to all- we had some excitement last night with the transformer blowing up - in our yard! We heard a LOUD Boom! and then it went pitch black at almost 9 pm. We finally got power on at 5:55 am - long HOT night, to say the least! At one point, it was 92� IN the house with the doors open. meh. PTL for whoever invented screen doors!

Today is get inky day! It's raining, again - typical for Florida summers. Daughters are at work, dd is out with the boyfriend, and little man is playing videos, and I'm desperately behind in so many crafty projects. I think when school ended, I was so worn out and exhausted, my brain just won't function. Making cards at the moment is more of a chore than a cheer, so I'm trying to find some mojo and pull out of this crafty funk!

So if you find it, the mojo, send it my way - thanks *thumbs up!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #6762  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Good afternoon fellow Stamp Addicts. Well, I was home yesterday and again today. When I got home Tueday night i had chills and went right to bed after feeding the brood. Woke up yesterday with low grade fever so stayed at home, took Tylenol, but it persisted all day. This morning it was up to 101, so of course I stayed home and called my doctor for an appointment. They worked me in this morning.l He gave me a Zpack and some cough medicine that I have to take 3x a day. Told me to take it easy. It might be a few days. Well, if I have no fever, I'll go in to work tomorrow. I hate taking off work to be sick.

I have been working on my classwork. I had to call BU the other day to get them to show me how to put the classroom on this laptop so I could continue with my work. I got my last report grade back - 92. I kind of expected that since I never could find that last ship manifest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 12:31 AM   #6763  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Thank you all for all your prayers - today has been messy - no particular reason, it just has been. Tinker is calmer now and more trusting, and I can leave him outside now during the day if I go out too, which I like.He does like to wake me up though, by sitting on me - thankfully it has not been in the middle of the night - usually about 6:30 - 7:00a.m.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 03:02 AM   #6764  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Sounds kind of rough in here... Kelly is missing her mojo, Maggie is feeling sickly and running a fever, and Maxine is having a messy day. Thankfully Tinker is doing okay.

Seriously, hugs for all three of you - obviously for much different reasons. I hurt for my friends!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #6765  
Hardware Hotshot

Much better day today - thankfully - yesterday was exhausting.A girl friend and I went across to Rotorua (only about 45 minutes away) and had a ball - I came home with new trou, new slippers, fabric (to make some 'pump bags' for the hospice) and lots of papercrafting goodies, 2 CD's and a book ....
We walked around the big mall, and into to and around the city, and came home absolutely whacked, and me with a dent in the bank balances :-)
Ahh for girlfriends and, for once, some spare $$$ - I keep promising myself no more!!!! I really will have to keep that promise now, but my NBUS stash should keep me going for a while :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 03:20 AM   #6766  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maxine, I am so glad to hear you had some fun with a friend yesterday - and enough extra cash to have some retail therapy, too! Sometimes we just need a change of scenery and good friends.... and you had both yesterday!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 08:38 AM   #6767  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Comments and Graphics

Look at Jeanette, showing off her moves! Go girl!

Maxine - wow, what a day ♥ It sounds like you had the perfect girls day out, and Tinker enjoyed being out{side}, too. It sounds like you will do wonderful things for hospice - a blessing!

Maggie - I'm sorry you are sick, but glad you can rest at home. And if your body is telling you to rest, you should probably do that ;) I know it's hard to stay home when you want/need to move. 92 isn't so bad - you're on a roll!

I can't remember the place I saw your comment about dd and criminal law but I'll have to have her chat with you, LOL! She is tough as nails, that one ... which i'm told is good if you are going into defense law. Of course, she could change her mind 10 times over!

It's raining again today, but dd doesn't have to work so I'm going to sit at my craft desk and find some mojo! Or mojitos. Or both.

Ha!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #6768  
Quacker Stamper

Hi gang! Today is a good day.

Maxine, so glad to hear that you got out with a GF and had some fun. That's perfectly acceptable.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I did go to the office today. I wasn't back up to 100% yet, but well enough. They celebrated my 30th today with a sweet breakfast and I was told that I would be getting my "Bonus" at the end of the month when payday comes around. Nice to look forward to. My boss and I decided to put off my lunch until next week. Neither one of us was feeling up to it and I had to leave at 2 for an eye doctor appointment. That also went well. Everything is status quo.

After the dr. appt. I went by Best Buy and picked up my laptop. Interesting. The problem with it was caused by my McAfee security. This is the 2nd time that McAfee caused me log on issues. They installed a new security - Webroot. I'm going to take my other laptop in next week and have them run diagnostics on it, make sure it is working properly and have them uninstall McAfee on that one and install Webroot on the other one also.

I've been able to spend some time working on my project due on Sunday. I need an answer from the instructor and then can finish it up. I'm thinking tomorrow that I want to go do my Repository visit and figure out what my final report is going to be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #6769  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, oh, yes. I've got moves, alright. LOL!

Maggie, I'm glad you were doing better enough to feel like going to work today. That's an improvement. We too have had problems with the McAfee Security messing up computers. I wonder if that is a common problem with them.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #6770  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY Maggie for your #30!! And a bonus! Score! Not so great about the laptop issues - but hopefully it will do the trick. Enjoy your lunch and special time with the boss - but get some rest! Don't push yourself too far too fast.

Jeanette - yay for sweet moves! A jig like that and I'd surely need a nap afterward.

SHELLY! WOW girl - you've got some great luck! Over 150 names and my daughter pulled yours!! If you play the lotto, tonight might be your night

Well, since I shared this on another thread, I thought I'd share. I don't 'do' Twitter - I was there for a previous DT and just sort of hang out now for a handful of Christian sites and book publishers and - of course - Starbucks Miami has had torrential rain and the sweet barista held an umbrella over my drink in one of the monsoons. I was so touched I decided to tweet it out to them and they picked it up and retweeted it. GAHHHH! then to my surprise, followed me back ♥ This is goals!!!! For me, anyway LOL!

ANd that's my excitment for the year ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #6771  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hi ladies!

Kelly- yes, I am in for the night when I saw that n Instagram- your daughter that pulled the names is beautiful by the way!!! Oh, I am so excited- that stamp set is soooo me!!! LOL Wahoo Starbucks!
I had no idea it rained so much in Florida in the summer.....

Maggie- yeah for retirement! You will find yourself so busy when you are retired!!! Hope you are felling better, and hope the computer recovers quickly as well! My hubby put Bitdefender on my computer. He did a defrag on my computer, and it messed up my watermark. I have to wait until the weekend for him to fix it as he has been working many many hours on his job for about the last month- no days off......

Maxine- continued prayers for you! I look forward to more kitty pics! Yeah for days out with friends : )

Please forgive me for not commenting on everything- off to get my mom to bed!

Have a fab weekend!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #6772  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, WOO HOO! How fun! You and Starbucks!

Shelly, it's good to see you! I hope you got Mom tucked in okay.

Waving to everyone else.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 05:32 AM   #6773  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, girls! My boys are off at a boy scout canoeing event for a merit badge. Little man has to fill and launch a canoe, tip it, upright it, and help a buddy in the water. No thanks! No swamp life for me! LOL! :eek:

I hope everyone is doing well ~ waving so I can get to stamping!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 06-17-2017 at 05:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #6774  
Quacker Stamper

Hi everyone! I am so happy to have my laptop back. It's like an old friend. I did notice last night that the battery is not working. The charger says it is 78% charged, plugged in, not charging, so I ordered a new battery for it. Won't come until Thursday. I usually have it plugged in when I'm home anyway. Good thing I don't need to take it anywhere to use.

I had an interesting morning. I thought I'd start working on my Repository Visit project and go visit the Repository. It's down at the main library which is downtown - a place I don't like to go very much. The parking was a nightmare. I couldn't find it at first and after going around the block twice, saw that there was an entrance to the underground parking. It was pretty full, but I found a spot. When I went up to the library, the girl at the help desk didn't know what I was talking about. I was looking for the Houston Metropolitan Research Center. It turned out that it was in an old building adjacent to the new library building which makes perfect sense since they house all the old archival records. The ladies there were very helpful and I pretty much knew what I wanted to look at. It was so interesting to look at letters that had been written back in 1885/6. I feel sure that these papers will be what I need. I took pictures of everything and made notes so I'll remember. If I need to, now that I know how to navigate down there, I can always go back for a visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #6775  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,297 Likes on 2,484 Posts

Good Afternoon Friends---It seems like a long time since I checked in! The last few days on Long Beach were nice, but the weather really did not cooperate. It was cool both days and we had hard rains on Thursday as we drove back to Seattle for our hotel by the airport. We got home late Friday afternoon and after a load or two of wash, I headed to church to help set up for Saturday's Camp Stamp-in-Oga. I was there until close to 10:00 and then back again Saturday morning by 7:00 am to open up and start the coffee! The class in the morning was fun and we made 5 great cards--no raffle win though! I had a good afternoon/evening as I completed one swap and made 6 cards from card kits. I did not get home until close to 11 last night so I sure am dragging today! I have done a few things around the house after church and feel like I am getting caught up. I am in my favorite chair, with my laptop and watching the end of the US Open golf tournament, which is held in a course less than a half hour from our house. I have read back in the thread, but cannot comment on everything, so I will just say, It is Good to be Home!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 03:41 AM   #6776  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maggie, it sounds like you had an adventure!

Oh Kelly, I sure love my flip flops!

Welcome home, Barb!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 05:26 AM   #6777  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! It is good to be home................. and I get to play in the stamp room all day--YAY! Have a great one!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #6778  
Hardware Hotshot

Good Tuesday morning - and so far it's looking OK - but then I am not out of bed yet 😊.
Great to see Barb and Jeanette are home safely, and Maggie is contemplating retirement, while Kelly prefers Starbucks to the swamp.
I played with Brushos last night and got one so so result and one good one - both are being used for cards though.
Better go and get moving, I have an early PT appointment this morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #6779  
Forum Fanatic

Received 446 Likes on 302 Posts

Hello friends. Good morning to Maxine.

I see that you're doing the roller coaster of grieving. Messy isn't it?. Prayers continue, my friend.

Maggie, sorry to see that you were sick, hopefully you're 100% by now.

Retirement? I let my Board know that I will likely retire during 2019 so it's time to start some preliminary work for the succession plan. Met with a realtor about a week ago, very informal, just wondering what the market is like and what I should look to do in teh next year to help my house sell quicker.

Been researching where I may want to settle next, including the coasts of Portugal, Spain, France or Italy. Also looking further north into NH. Maybe some of the year here some of the year overseas where it's sunny and warmer...

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #6780  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Darlene messy is certainly the most apt description of grief - sometimes the least little thing sets me off - others days I cope....
Hugs to a fellow journey-er.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #6781  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Afternoon Friends---It seems like a long time since I checked in! The last few days on Long Beach were nice, but the weather really did not cooperate. It was cool both days and we had hard rains on Thursday as we drove back to Seattle for our hotel by the airport. We got home late Friday afternoon and after a load or two of wash, I headed to church to help set up for Saturday's Camp Stamp-in-Oga. I was there until close to 10:00 and then back again Saturday morning by 7:00 am to open up and start the coffee! The class in the morning was fun and we made 5 great cards--no raffle win though! I had a good afternoon/evening as I completed one swap and made 6 cards from card kits. I did not get home until close to 11 last night so I sure am dragging today! I have done a few things around the house after church and feel like I am getting caught up. I am in my favorite chair, with my laptop and watching the end of the US Open golf tournament, which is held in a course less than a half hour from our house. I have read back in the thread, but cannot comment on everything, so I will just say, It is Good to be Home!
Welcome home Barb. It sounds like you had a fabulous time on your vacation even with the bad weather. Glad you didn't let it stop you from enjoying yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #6782  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Good Tuesday morning - and so far it's looking OK - but then I am not out of bed yet 😊.
Great to see Barb and Jeanette are home safely, and Maggie is contemplating retirement, while Kelly prefers Starbucks to the swamp.
I played with Brushos last night and got one so so result and one good one - both are being used for cards though.
Better go and get moving, I have an early PT appointment this morning.
I've never heard of Brushos before. Is that a New Zealand thing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #6783  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello friends. Good morning to Maxine.

I see that you're doing the roller coaster of grieving. Messy isn't it?. Prayers continue, my friend.

Maggie, sorry to see that you were sick, hopefully you're 100% by now.

Retirement? I let my Board know that I will likely retire during 2019 so it's time to start some preliminary work for the succession plan. Met with a realtor about a week ago, very informal, just wondering what the market is like and what I should look to do in teh next year to help my house sell quicker.

Been researching where I may want to settle next, including the coasts of Portugal, Spain, France or Italy. Also looking further north into NH. Maybe some of the year here some of the year overseas where it's sunny and warmer...
Doing better, thank you, but still having some congestion. I have to continue to take this icky cough medicine.

I don't plan to move when I retire. I happen to like my house and want to live here forever. The coast of France would be pretty laid back. They are having bad wildfires in Portugal so don't go there. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #6784  
Quacker Stamper

Sunday was dinner at my DD's house with cheesecake for dessert since it was Father's Day. My SIL got to choose. We played a couple games - a new one called Tsuro I think it is. I had never played it before, but I think I gave it to my SIL for Christmas 2 years ago. I ended up winning the game thanks to my DGD.

It was busy at work today, but I'm looking forward to the end of the week. My boss is going to Arizona for some family celebration so he'll be gone through Monday. Oh, and I got another little bonus today too from my boss. Woo Hoo! So nice.

Got my project turned in on Sunday. I have one more to do for this Module and I think we move on to Citations. That's going to be tough. The one I'm working on now is a Scavenger Hunt on the Internet. We were given 10 things to find, like how much a guy paid in car fees back in 1910 in Washington State. Something like that. I have 6 out of 10 so far and I have until Sunday to find the rest of them. I think it's going to take me that long. If I find them before that, then I'll get to play in my craft room. :mrgreen:

I'm having issues with SCS. Ever since I got my computer back from the Geeks, I don't stay logged in to SCS. I have to log in every time. Don't know what's up with that. So annoying though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #6785  
Hardware Hotshot

Maggie Brusho's I think originated in England - they are colour crystals that are very intense, and are activated with water. You literally only need a wee shake to get the most incredible colours, and if you use several colours the results can be really fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 AM   #6786  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, Darlene, that retirement plan sounds awesome!

Maxine, (((HUGS))) and prayers through all the messiness!

Maggie, we have Brusho's here. I've seen them in stores and have been tempted to make a purchase (since I love what people do with them), but I fail miserably at anything watercolor'y so hesitate to get them.

Barb, how was the day in the stamp room?

My DH and DD are leaving this morning - within the next 45 minutes or so - for a week-long trip. Brock and I will be holding things together here at home while they are gone. Easy/fun meals. Not much conversation. Hmmmm.... I wonder how much I can accomplish in my Working Studio while they are gone?

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #6787  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #6788  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did accomplish a bit yesterday in the stamp room--some organizing, some planning ahead on the stamping calendar and made one card!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 06:52 AM   #6789  
Forum Fanatic

Hello everyone. I'l have to check out those Brushos - Currently I am re-discovering how much I enjoy watercoloring and using pencils. I just never really got the hang of my alcohol markers.

Woo hoo on the bonus Maggie! Good for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 AM   #6790  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 04:42 AM   #6791  
Forum Fanatic

Morning friends. How great that it's Wednesday, right?

There's a facebook group for parents in NH who've lost their child due to substance abuse. It just started a few months ago I think. One of teh Moms is having a get together at her house tomorrow evening. I am going to venture there. I've been told it's not depressing. Just a place where we can be ourselves however we are at that moment. And everyone else gets it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #6792  
Forum Fanatic

I was asked to bring an appetizer. Any good ideas?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 05:00 AM   #6793  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Darlene, I'm glad you found the group! I will pray that it is helpful for you.

I love raw veggies and dip... but I took it to a finger-food type of meeting once... and brought it all home because no one ate it.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 05:06 AM   #6794  
Forum Fanatic

I also love veggies & dip, but someone else is already bringing that

Maybe I'll bring some fresh fruit...? I need to get back to eating healthy. My unhealthy is what others should strive for, but I have done better in prior years.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 05:07 AM   #6795  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Fruit sounds great!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #6796  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning ladies 😃
Do hope the group was what suits you Darlene and you could figure out what to take.
Morning Jeanette, trust you and Brock are trundling along together OK.
Kelly have you survived the Everglades??
Maggie that bonus sounds wonderful!!
Waving from down under where the weather is turning cold and wet after a few balmy days, and I am off on a day trip with my sister in law to a fibre and quilting display / exhibition.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 11:19 PM   #6797  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies- I cannot believe it, but I am sick again! Scratchy throat, a little stuffy, check became congested and asthma attacks! Third time this year..... I am on antibiotics, Prednisone and the nebulizer again. I have not lost my appetite (except for chocolate- makes me cough....). I ran a temp on Sunday night, woke up drenched on Mon AM. Mom has the cough, and throat tickle- she started it...LOL

I have not been able to stop though, she had PT and a dermatology appt Tuesday and then I had to get the house ready for the cleaning ladies today (the pick up : ) ). Today, had so many errands- she came with me Up at 7AM, out the door at 7:45, home at noon, Fed her lunch, then took a little nap. On the Prednisone, I have to admit that my neck and back feel fabulous.

In the summer, we have prayer group on Wednesday evening instead of AM, and we rotate homes. Tonight was here. It was very nice- a wonderful group of ladies- and we sure have alot to pray for. My mom loves the prayer groups- she was very active in them in Ky., and the ladies here are my age, but so very welcoming. My sis also stopped by and had dinner and the joined in the prayer group.

I know I am behind on the thread- I do read it on my phone, but it makes me sign in to SCS, and I cannot ever remember the password when using the phone- the computer saves the password. Wonder why that is...... I had an issue with my computer, hubby fixed it for me finally, so know can import and watermark cards. Wahoo!

Hugs to you Maxine, and you as well Darlene.

Darlene- I love your retirement ideas! We plan to move too- hubby says when he is 60, he wants to be able to work remotely...which means 3 years we would sell the house and head out. I would like to downsize, but what to get rid of- I do not think we need to clean this much house when there are only 2 living in it- well, Mom here now- 3 years is a long time from now. I want to rent first, and will have to be careful about where I live with all of my darned allergies! I think we will end up in Colorado somewhere : )

Barb- sounds like you are back and up and running right away!

Maggie- hope you are feeling better! How is it going with the butterflies this summer? I planted 5 milkweed plants- bought them from a home gardener that started them up and was selling them for $2.00 a plant, so I know there are no pesticides on them. I guess the distributors here are selling plants like the one you had last year that was killing your butterflies.

Kelly and Jeanette- hello again from the other thread!

I love brusho's- the Ken Oliver ones are called that- there is another name for the European ones I think- they are darker colors and the brusho's are more vibrant colors. I have not used them in a while. Maybe I will get them out tomorrow- if I get upstairs!

Hoping to actually get to blogs to visit tomorrow.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 12:36 AM   #6798  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello, Hello, HELLO! I'm back from the wilderness! LOL! We had an awesome hike - as every outing with little man is a fun one! He's as adventurous as his mama and I love that about him We hiked and hiked but the mosquitos were out of control! By the time we got to our 2nd can of OFF! we knew we weren't going to last long in the deep, deep pinelands. We hiked and hiked and had lunch overlooking the marsh ~ he was able to do some navigating sans compass as per his training Afterwards, I took him to the famous Robert is Here! shakes - a farmers market in the boonies that makes the most AMAZING shakes you'll ever have on this earth! Then a trip to Target to get him some new snorkeling gear for his boating trip on Sunday - tubing, water skiing, snorkeling with a friend of the family on their fancy boat

But then I noticed by dinner time the right side of my face was feeling a little .... tingly. Then it just burned. And in a hour or so, it was swollen and oh so painful!. I thought uh-oh, allergic reaction or possible bite. I gave it a few hours and it just kept getting worse :( I took some benadryl and went to bed because dd18 had an appt early in the morning to retake her driver's permit test (the one who refuses to drive! but she passed - yay!) I sat in the chair at the DMV with shades on, right eye so puffy it was swollen shut, nose in a book, looking like I went 3 rounds with Mike Tyson!

Dashed over to the Dr and she surprised me saying it wasn't an allergic reaction, but a bacterial infection, cellulitus. She said she said she was concerned and was going to treat it aggressively, so I'm on steroids and antibiotics and lovely eye drops and such. I'm hoping this clears up quickly, though it's a slow process, as I know from dh the outcome of what this can do. Yikes!

I can't even go hiking without coming back jacked up and it wasn't even the gators fault! LOL! I appreciate prayers for quick healing My son has an appt with a dermatologist today (after a 3 month wait, cannot cancel!) and then his Scouts Court of Honor tonight, ay yi yi. I'm among friends, but still ........ so uncomfortable.

Oh Shelly! I hate that you are sick again, my friend! Poor lady ... and mom, too. we lead similiar lives with the 'suck it up and get going anyway' mode of the week! Glad you were able to have prayer group, though. Moving - downsizing - I wonder if that will ever be us! I don't want to stay in Miami. AT. ALL. But then I fear my kids will stay and then the whole marriage, grandkids, be close to them thing .... dh knows my strong distaste of this area but he says we aren't going anywhere. The man has spoken

Maxine, cooler temps for you, I bet! We did survive the Everglades but wow, what a journey (and still on it!) I'm a curious sort - what are brushos? I'll investigate when I have more time, wonder if it will be the same as you mention. Yes, MUCH prefer Starbucks to the swamp, lol. I love an adventure but now look at the mess I'm in .... geeesh!

Darlene - what a wonderful group to find! I pray that it brings you solace, and comfort, and newfound support with friendships anew. It sounds like they are inviting and welcoming - what did you finally chose as an ap? Hugs!

Waving to everyone!

Off to bed for me - got up to do one thing and then started another and then just couldn't sleep at all. Gonna be a long day!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 03:49 AM   #6799  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maxien, Brock and I are doing well, thank you!

Shelly, I am sorry you are sick. Please take care of yourself and rest and get better!

Kelly, YIKES! I'm praying the meds and such help and you are all better VERY soon!

Waving to everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 04:11 AM   #6800  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!

Reply With Quote Likes