Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I did place two small orders for things that were on sale this week. But honestly I still have stamps that aren't even inked yet so I think I'll manage for three months. What I might need is a silhouette mat because it only came with one. My plan is to pull out a stamp set to used and make a cut file for the stamp and save them in files by company. That way I'll tackle the silhouette learning curve and have a stamped image for a project.

I also per addressed my birthday card envies for the year and have them in order on my desk, so now I can fill them with a card and a few stamped images for my crafty friends.

Today I may start to print some December photos so they are ready to use as well.

I always need mojo so posting links to challenges and sketches would be appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #162  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Hello Ladies.... I can't believe I haven't been on SCS for a week and a half. DS and DD were here - and we had a GREAT time with them. DS went home last Friday; DD went home yesterday. Sundays are hectic at our house, so I really don't have time to be online much at all on Sundays... so I didn't make it here until today.

I've just read the thread to catch up and love the chatter happening here.

Now, I must confess... for me, the 100 in 100 means I don't USE anything new on any of the cards I make for these 100. However, since SU's Sale-a-Bration falls during this time, I do make some purchases. I just don't use them. EEK! Is Pansy going to kick me out???
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #163  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using up embellishments is an excellent goal. I have to figure out how to incorporate some that I bought just because they were so pretty, and definitely use lots that so far have been too pretty to use up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #164  
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I admit I hit M's on the 26th. They had a 40% off your entire purchase coupon. I LOADED up on tape (tried not to hog it all) and bought some stencils and spray inks. Didn't buy any stamps or embellishments or DP so that's something.

Stacy's blog is looking like spring! I haven't had a moment to myself for a week. Made DH take the kids out yesterday for an hour or so but I spent the time disassembling Christmas. All that is left is the tree though I always seem to find odds and ends around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #165  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts
Talking

I hope Pansy doesn't "kick us out"!! I will need to get some things from SU so I can get a Sell a Bration set I want to get. And I will mostly get CS.... :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #166  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

YAY! I'm not alone with the SU Sale-A-Bration purchase dilemma. ;)

Jen, my trees are still up. I'm debating whether to start demantling the forest this week or next.

using embellishments is a good goal, I agree, stampinindieeditor (I'm sorry, I don't know your name).

Speaking of names, it would be nice if every shared their name so we can chat more easily. Thanks!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #167  
Mad Swapper

Joyce that is such a good idea of getting envies ready!

Stacy, you are getting really good at finding the loopholes! You must be a shopper at heart but at least you use your stuff. For years, I have watched some you tube channels that shop and have pretty rooms yet I never see their projects.

Pansy said if we buy then we have to sign up for the next round. I forgot about Sale-A-Bration! Bummer, that may be tough not getting in on that sale. I buy most of my card stock from SU! or Marco's Paper and I almost always need to stock up on at least one color! What are we all to do? Are we doomed before we even get started? Maybe that means I make a lot more than 100 projects so there is no guilt!

Yesterday I made a list of projects I want to complete for this challenge. Since I make 5-10 duplicate cards each time I design one, I have a lot of work to do.
1. Make matching Christmas gift tags to match my wrapping paper in several different color combinations.
2. Make Anniversary Cards
3. Make wedding cards
4. Make Masculine cards
5. Make Get Well Cards
6. Make Birthday Cards
7. Make Mini Scrapbook
8. Make Gift Tags/Cards for everyday use
9. Make Gift card holders
10. Clean Craft Room to the point of picture perfect
11. Take part in other challenges and/or swaps

I have a gift certificate from Christmas for ODBD. Now I need to decide if I get in on the end of the year clearance sale or wait to reward myself for this challenge. Hmm......such a dilemma!
Video Tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #168  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I think it depends on if there is something you really need now rather than 100 things from now from ODBD ( they could have new stuff come out in the mean time if your on the fence.)

I have been making pinterest wishlist pins of things that catch my eye... if its still there months later sometimes I buy it and sometimes I toss it.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #169  
Mad Swapper

I had to go check out the Stocking die on Stacy's blog. It's really cute! I also saw that sheep card and Tulle card. That sheep made me laugh! Great way to use up that scrap of Tulle too!
I need to start posting more on my blog. I got burned out a few years ago so the last year or so I scrapped without posting a lot of it. I guess I need to get back in the habit. Good Luck all! I am gearing up and sorting, stamping images etc. Just trying to get ready for this challenge. Our winter has been colder than the last few years so I think I will be scrapping a lot over the next few months. Brrr! I am ready to make warm Jammies the attire of the day for the next two months.
Video Tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #170  
Die Cut Diva

I'm signing up and I hope that I will really stick with it this year. I think my only caveat is that I have to make my SU minimums, so that is all I will buy. I really want to use all my stamps this year too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #171  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Hi everyone! Glad to see some more folks signed up! WE are going to have fun....and NO I DON"T KICK ANYONE OUT< OFF OR whatever.....this is for fun.....
We had a split Christmas....our first one ever......DS1, wife and Mr H came home on the 20th and had 3 Christmases....one with us, one with her parents and one with her extended family of aunts,uncles and cousins....Mr. H really knew what boxes were for by the time they left. Then on Christmas Day we had our DD2 and her family in--they live here in our town so it was a low pressure day. Then the day after Christmas, we were in charge of picking up a cashier's check for DS1's downpayment on their new home, and we drove in to "help" them move. My job was to watch the babies....Mr. H and his cousin who is just 3 weeks older. Saturday I had them for 12 hours and believe you me, I slept well that night. DH managed to pick up germs from somewhere and ended up staying in the motel most of the time except for dropping me off and picking me up each day. We just returned home today and I am slowly catching up...made a grocery run for Vicks, cough drops and Chicken soup for DH.
Our New Years is always quiet, we are just not party people...but we will go even quieter this year due to DH being sick. He felt so bad today he even let me drive all but 30 miles of the trip home. and that never happens......
My two dies came today so technically I won't have purchased anything once the 100 days begins....and one of the advantanges of being an SU demo is that I was able to preorder for SAB and have the two items I really really wanted.......so the temptation to order more is lessened....though I may cave.....
Looking forward to becoming acquainted with new names...and yes as Jeanette stated, if you are willing to share your name, it makes chatting easier....
More tomorrow.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #172  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 606 Likes on 426 Posts

Hi all Pia here! I have a shopping trip planned with friends on Saturday. I guess I will be failing the first week. For me the challenge won't be not buying, I really don't spend much, but using more of what I have. I do plan on placing a sab order. My friend is a new demo and I have been holding off on ordering until sab. I have the money saved already.

I really need to get cards made and projects done. I also need to get better about posting pictures, that is an issue for me! So a goal for me will be to make things and get the pictures posted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #173  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Everyone

Just stopping by to wish everyone a Happy New Years!

Christmas was nice with my family crazy and hectic like always but nice...... I'm all prepared to make my feast of Pork Roast and sauerkraut, kaubausa(sp??), hot dogs and mashed potatoes. (Its the German and Polish in me!!!!) for New Years a must in my house. My kids and I spend New Years Eve watching movies and waiting for the ball to drop and then we call or text some relatives (my sister lives in another state) to wish them a Happy New Year. Then the Grandpappy's will come to our house later in the day and help eat the above feast with us.

I also made up my final list of Goal for what I wanna do this year.
1. Complete 100 in 100 days ( cards, layouts, mini's, ect)
2. I want to make a 2014 Tracking Journal
3. Finish projects I've already started
4. Stamp More
5. Use up more of my Stash
6. Try my hand at stamp scape
7. Post more of my work and or do more videos
8. Clean and organize my craft stuff

Almost time to start...... I've decided my 1st project is going to be to decorate up a journal can't wait to do it! OH I almost forgot I had a friend send me a message tonight her hubby is tuning 50 in Jan and he won't let her have a party so she wants to have a card party so I need to come up with a great card to send him!!!

Happy New Years All and talk to ya all again soon

YouTube: tjskids

100x100 2014 challenge ( 125 done out of 100)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #174  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

So since I'm jumping in from hardly making any cards to this, I'm personalizing my challenge and since I re-read the first post, it sounds ok to do so! Yea!

100 projects....since I have so many things beyond cards that need doing.
Project Life digi pages
sewing projects
cards
scrapbook pages
OLW pages (One Little Word)
Elevate the Everyday photography prompts (class I purchased and haven't done much with)
....and much more! Each will count as 1.

~Rebekah
Old 12-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #175  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

For what it is worth" One thing I did last Dec 31 was to cover and decorate a composition book.....for stamping.....and in it I have written about major projects, new techniques I learned and non-consumable tools I purchased this year.....was just flipping through it tonight a bit and find it both motivating and helpful in deciding which types of cards I want to make first.......since I send cards to Operation Write Home as often as I can, and they are in need of cards for kids,,,,that is going to be my first area of focus....but still using the SCS card sketches (in order---my OCD kicking in I guess) and using some kid oriented stamp sets I bought o----several years ago with intentions to use-----
Pia,,,your shopping sounds fun and you will be helping a friend....what could be a better use of your funds.....
I am reading some fantastic goals,,,,,maybe it would be fun to visit them every 25 days or so and see if I am on target? Play along if you wish.
Till tomorrow.

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #176  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

OK - I am officially joining this 100 in 100.

I haven't read all the rules - but I get a sense that we can have our own goals on top of the 100 cards/objects/projects in 100 days??

1 - catch up on sending my son cards.... long story here, but I am way behind!
2 - work on the sketch challenges - I had made a goal long ago to make a card for each of the sketch challenges... fell way way way behind on that also - like a couple years worth!
3 - send random cards to friends for no reason whatsoever

I know myself - I work well under pressure and might be having a marathon card session on days 91-100, but I also know if I set my goals too high, I will get discouraged.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #177  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tishahendricksView Post
Hi Pansy and everyone else who's here!

Thanks for starting this thread, Pansy! I posted to the old 100in100 thread where we are since I thought others might be wondering too.

Starting on Jan 1st, I'm going to:
--make 100 projects (cards, art journal pages, LOs, ATCs, ?),
--send 100 cards (RAKs and DAKs),
--try to use more of my stashed embellishments on my projects.

Woohoo! It's almost GO TIME!
What is a DAK??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #178  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkey1969View Post
What is a DAK??
Hi Nancy Jo,
DAK stands for Deliberate Act of Kindness. They are usually cards that are sent to specific people for specific reasons, such as thank yous, anniversaries, get well, or sympathy.

I'd like to do a RAK attack too this year if possible. That's where you send to everyone on a RAK list at the same time. :cool: I've only done that once before by sending postcards to over 100 people. It was fun!

HTH!
Tisha

I joined the Fan Club to get Dirty!

challenging myself to make 100 in 100
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #179  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

YAY! I'm not being kicked out! Thanks, Pansy!

ONE more day to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 AM   #180  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy New Year's Eve!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 04:37 AM   #181  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
I also per addressed my birthday card envies for the year and have them in order on my desk, so now I can fill them with a card and a few stamped images for my crafty friends.
Awesome idea! I usually remember birthdays a couple weeks too early to send a card, then a week after!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #182  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,908 Likes on 1,289 Posts

I would like to join this challenge of 100 cards in 100 days.

1. There is one stamp I am wanting to purchase and have not found a company that makes personalized stamps...when I find a company I will be purchasing that stamp but it is the only one I will purchase with my money in the next 100 days.

2. I will purchase only double-sided tape as needed.

3. Weekly I will post to my gallery (oh my, what will happen when my gallery gets to over 300 cards?). I am dependent on someone to take photos for me as well as to send them to me in a way that I can upload them on SCS. I can not ask this of someone else on a daily basis.

4. I would like to challenge myself to put my clear stamps into clear boxes and label the boxes!

5. I would like to challenge myself to reorganize the SU stamp sets that have gone array in the stacked piles!

6. I would like to separate the ribbon containers into ROY G BIV and neutrals.

7. I would like to challenge myself to be better at DAK. (I've got the RAK down very nicely...but I seldom send DAK cards.)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #183  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,908 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Question...since the heading of this thread says "First round" does that mean there are usually other rounds also?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #184  
Mad Swapper

I just stopped in to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE! I have to finish prepping for fundo night. Just 4 of us this year so that will be nice. We will probably do our usual foot soak/wax pedicures to round out the evening. DD likes that part of the evening also and it fills in the time after a long dinner and toasting for New Years.
The only thing I want to do tomorrow is cook dinner and play in the craft room. We will see what happens though. My folks may come for dinner. Mom usually doesn't cook the traditional dinner of barbecued spare ribs, homemade saeurkraut, mashed taters, seasoned blackeyed peas/hoppin John, and greens any longer but I do. Dad can't stay away from that meal!

Pansy I like the idea of checking goals every month. You need to keep us on task and come out of retirement. Bring your ruler!
Video Tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #185  
Matboard Maniac

My goals are going to be:

1) Complete 100 cards or projects in 100 days

2) Use stamps that I never used before

3) Stamp more

4) Send out more Raks

5) Clean & organize stamp room

6) To make journal to keep up with stamping and buying. Good idea Pansy!

I'm not going to be able to put not shopping, because there is a stamp convention that comes once a year to Georgia ( February ). A group of us always goes to and I have put some money back in case I fine something.

Linda Wilson

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindagwView Post
This sounds like fun, sign me up and I'll list my goals tomorrow.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #186  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramommaView Post
Question...since the heading of this thread says "First round" does that mean there are usually other rounds also?
Last year we did a second round.....I thought about a third but when I looked at the calendar went YIKES! and didn't....will see what this year brings. But definately a second round....for me at least this year --no new grandbaby till late April and I won't have to move out of town to help care for this one,,,,,,unlike last year when I spent almost 90 days away from home....and I'm not having any knees replaced in 2014 so that takes away another 100 days of not being able to make cards.....so I am a glutton for punishment and I can see me trying to make 3 rounds.......but time will tell...and folks will drop in and out as life dictates.

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #187  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

[QUOTE=laughingstamper;20466733]I just stopped in to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE! I have to finish prepping for fundo night. Just 4 of us this year so that will be nice. We will probably do our usual foot soak/wax pedicures to round out the evening. DD likes that part of the evening also and it fills in the time after a long dinner and toasting for New Years.
The only thing I want to do tomorrow is cook dinner and play in the craft room. We will see what happens though. My folks may come for dinner. Mom usually doesn't cook the traditional dinner of barbecued spare ribs, homemade saeurkraut, mashed taters, seasoned blackeyed peas/hoppin John, and greens any longer but I do. Dad can't stay away from that meal!

Pansy I like the idea of checking goals every month. You need to keep us on task and come out of retirement. Bring your ruler![/QUOTE]
And what would I need a ruler for????? But it will be fun to see how we keep on track with our goals....

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #188  
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JCI. Took the kids and two friends to a jumping place for a couple of hours. Was able to get my thank you notes written so a win-win all around. Grabbing some tacos and will head home to hole up until next year. Will hopefully get the tree down tonight so I don't have to do it tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #189  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good luck with taking the tree down Jen.....DH is so sick he looks like road kill and I think somebody shared germs with me as my throat and head are sore/pounding....I am doing all the preventative I can hoping I don't get as sick as he is.......I have avoided colds of all kinds since I retired and am not happy about the feeling I have about this one.....hoping to feel better tomorrow but the tree can just stay up till Halloween for the way I feel right now. LOL! I have to have enough energy to stamp tomorrow.
I'm even sleeping in the guest room to try and avoid any more contamination. OH well.

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #190  
Hardware Hotshot

Giving this some thought...my mojo is at an all time low!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #191  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm soooooooooooooo excited! My first card of the 100 Cards in 100 Days is made and has had its photo opp and is ready to go live on my blog at 6:00 tomorrow morning!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 02:26 AM   #192  
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm Claudette; must post that on my signature line, I guess.
I'm ready to start blogging AND making more things. Have been eyeing some stamps I never inked, trying to come up with ideas. I feel like I don't have enough sentiments to coordinate with the different styles of illustrations on the stamps, understand what I mean? Like, I don't want a kid-style sentiment on a fancy, beautifully colored get well card.
I'd like to organize my sentiments in a single place for ease of finding.
I'm not joining in the no-buying, but I am buying very little apart from storage. I get to move to an apartment twice the size of this one, and I get a humongous room and walk-in closet all to myself. Hello, craft room! I have a coupon from Michael's, and will be taking advantage this week on their 50% off on storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 03:21 AM   #193  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's my first card:
Paper-Happy Crafting Editor: 1 of 100: Any Ocassion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 05:22 AM   #194  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Adventurers!

Claudette, I love your card - those flowers are amazing and coordinate so well with the trim.

And how exciting to have more space for your crafty stuff. Enjoy your new and bigger apartment!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 05:25 AM   #195  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Arrow Card #1

Here's my first card. You can find more pictures of it on my blog...

Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy: Snow Much Fun in 2014
Attached Thumbnails
2014- 100 by 100 -First Round-stamping-boutique-snowman-1.png  
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 AM   #196  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! Jeanette and Claudette are first posters.......right now I am thinking of taking a nap. This cold has me scrambling but I will make a card today.......
Am really liking both your cards....Jeanette--the snowmen are so cute...Claudette....your card is way beyond me...wow--the detail work is awesome.

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #197  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Pansy... I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Please take care of yourself!

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache - and no I didn't drink/party last night. ;) I also have a sore throat. I'm wondering if Pansy shared her bug with me. (Not really; mine is allergy-induced.)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #198  
Matboard Maniac

Claudette, I just commented on your blog. Had to use 'Anonymous', but I put my name after my comment. Thanks for reminding of the spotlight technique too!

Jeanette, I was about to ask 'where's the inside?!' LOL Then I saw it on your blog.

Well, time for me to work on some journal pages, now that I've enjoyed some eye candy.

I joined the Fan Club to get Dirty!

challenging myself to make 100 in 100
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #199  
Matboard Maniac

Am I able to still join in? I haven't been on in a while but this would be a great thing for me to get into.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #200  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, yes, Tisha... the inside is on the blog. ;) I always put at least a little something inside on my cards.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes