Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #681  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
I had my best show ever this past weekend. I really saw how much I sold when I packed up to go home and so many boxes were empty.
My hockey ornaments sold like crazy. I don't like sports so I never thought to do this before, but I just there are a lot of hockey fans to buy for. LOL I sold all 32 I had made for $4 each. I was very happy.
Now, I have to make more for my last 3 shows.
Awesome job! No better feeling than packing up empty boxes, huh?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 01:52 AM   #682  
Glitter Guru

I had a great show this weekend. It was held before Thanksgiving this year, because of the late date, but it was very well attended and a variety of vendors. I was the only papercrafter, although some people had cards, either handpainted ones or photographs. As usual my M&M sticks sold like crazy (i have been selling many varieties for years and get tired of making them, but they are the big draw) Sold a bunch of the little purses (Frenchies' 6x6 dsp ones), paper notecubes that i stamped on, covered with some cardstock and added a pen, magnets-lots of magnets! and my button tree shadowbox frames (sold all of them....need to get more frames!) Sold a few cards, mostly gift card holders and wine bottle tags. The best part, is I had people come and look for me for my items....no better feeling is when people remember you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #683  
Pearl-ExPert

Diane - that's usually how I tell I actually sold things - is by the empty boxes. Its a good feeling for sure. For your sports ornaments, did you buy the sport center imagine on line then? Do you have a fav website that you use for that. I need to find some new things for next year and sports themed would be a good way to go (Vikings, Packers and Bears in this area and MN Wild too).

Wendy - your MM sticks are cute - I did the Elf leg and Turkey leg versions and they sold really well - I have lots of MM's at home now and pretty much done with my sales - i wonder what will become of the candy! What do you sell your sticks for, the punch art is pretty elaborate (the Santa at least).

Depending on the show, its sometimes hard to get people to pay for the work we put into the item.

I've had people come to my table too, looking for me. It really is an amazing feeling when that happens!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #684  
Pearl-ExPert

I had a show this Sat as well. First time for me at this sale, its the second year they have done it. Its in my church basement, the boy scouts put it on (although there wasn't a scout to be seen which is a later rant!). It went to 6 p.m. because they wanted to hit the church crowd. But that was a real bust. I didn't sell anything after 2:30. I'm not doing it next year if they want us to stay that late.

But I did pretty ok for a small sale. The hershey trees sold well (but the stars didn't - go figure). Hershey snowmen sold too, the little ones, and some popcorn ones.

BUT, there was a 31 table right next to me so I spent most of my profits on bags. Oh well, I've wanted the totes for a while, and so has my daughter, so I guess I'm not really out anything.

The church has a few stairs to get to the basement, nothing big but the sign up said the scouts would be there Friday and Sat to help bring in and out and help in whatever way they could.

But they never showed. Friday there was our big parade and they are all in band so they did that, but I have no idea where they were on Saturday.

They sold lunch (and dinner because it went so late), hot dogs and chili and there was one lady doing all of this - setting up, tearing down, making and serving lunch, organizing it all. not even any parents came to help. they earned a bunch of money that day and they didn't help. I've done girl scouts before and when I was leaving I was thinking what the next meeting would be like if that had happened to me. It wouldn't have been pretty.

Anyway, congrats on all who did well on their sales, chin up if you didn't because the next one will be better!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #685  
Glitter Guru

Mary...this always bothers me too! At my HS (well, my son's now but I went there too) show in December the Music Boosters put it on and the kids are there to help, both the evening of set up and the day of the show. I like that...they are helpful and fun to watch (takes me back) and also they need to see that to earn money for their band trips, etc, they need to put in some effort and help.

I am so glad everyone had great sales this weekend! It's always exciting to take home empty boxes. That is also how I tell how well I did until I can get home and count the money! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #686  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
I dont give them an paper envelope for a 3" card... they get put into a clear bag only.

Stacy's Memory Triggers: last minute stuffs...
(scroll down... or hit the home button and then scroll down past the booth mug shots.)
they are just 3X6 scraps folded in half with scraps glued to the front with sentiments that were stamped on scraps then diecut most of the time. no embellishments at all. ( made from throw a way stuff )

Stacy - where did you get the "She stood in the storm" stamp that you show on one of your cards - I love that saying. Nice job on the gift cards too, I forget about that size. I used to make them all the time for gifts to give and for me to use on gifts.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #687  
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=mrussom;20429898]Diane - that's usually how I tell I actually sold things - is by the empty boxes. Its a good feeling for sure. For your sports ornaments, did you buy the sport center imagine on line then? Do you have a fav website that you use for that. I need to find some new things for next year and sports themed would be a good way to go (Vikings, Packers and Bears in this area and MN Wild too).

Wendy - your MM sticks are cute - I did the Elf leg and Turkey leg versions and they sold really well - I have lots of MM's at home now and pretty much done with my sales - i wonder what will become of the candy! What do you sell your sticks for, the punch art is pretty elaborate (the Santa at least).

Depending on the show, its sometimes hard to get people to pay for the work we put into the item.

I've had people come to my table too, looking for me. It really is an amazing feeling when that happens![/QUOTE ]
I sell my M&M sticks for $1.50 each or 3/$4-mix and match. Most people go for the 3-fer. The Santa's are the most work, Grinch are the easiest, reindeer and snowman are pretty simple. I make 100 of each tag, try to have them ready to tie onto the sticks as I get them filled and ready to go. I sell just about all of them too I do a few turkey ones, Hanukkah and snowflake ones....just for variety, but they usually don't sell as well.
I want to do the elf legs, but need to find the individually wrapped Twizzlers (i know i should have grabbed the bags at Halloween)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #688  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
Stacy - where did you get the "She stood in the storm" stamp that you show on one of your cards - I love that saying. Nice job on the gift cards too, I forget about that size. I used to make them all the time for gifts to give and for me to use on gifts.
the stamped one is from Verve, the printed one is from a gal at flicker who made them and the link is on pinterest.

( so depends on which one) but, they should be in the gallery and if its the printable one that one should have a link to it...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #689  
Glitter Guru

Removed post because pics I posted were not the pics I wanted to post. Will try again...

Last edited by kspiv; 11-25-2013 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #690  
Kookie Creator

Had my second craft sale of the season and I was pleased as I am in a small town in rural Alberta Canada. Best Christmas market I have done last year and this year combined. 'Sold a variety of things, even one curly wreath and a large framed art piece along with all the little things. Have to restock Christmas tags and snack packs and crystal magnets. I even sold a lot of cards which compared to last year is amazing. I will have to add a few more of those as well.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #691  
Embossing Fanatic

Had my second craft fair last weekend and it was the best I've done in the past 6 years that I've been participating in craft fairs (this is the most fairs I've had scheduled to). Sold a variety of items, most popular were the Hershey Nugget purses (sold 167 of them), Peppermint Patty faces (97 of them), Thanksgiving and Reindeer lollipops (97 of these), sold out of my Cocoa Sliders (had only 50 of these and have an order for 64 more), sold most of my Hershey Kiss Christmas Trees and some Hershey Kiss stars (these didn't sell as well for me), almost sold out of the rest of my Purse Gift Card holders and did pretty good on cards (sold a lot of Thanksgiving and Christmas cards). I was exhausted (I have a cold and lost most of my voice halfway through) but very hyped about the sales :-) . Now I need to keep working on more inventory for my last one, which is a two-day Craft Fair Dec. 7-8. All the ones I've done are at high schools (high school craft fairs are huge here). Congrats to all who had shows this past weekend (sounds like had good sales). Good luck to all who have more coming - hang in there, the end is in sight ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #692  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHQUEENView Post
Hello Everyone, you have all inspired me, a friend of mine signed me up for a craft fair this Saturday, I have been crafting all the wonderful ideas you ladies have so graciously shared- this is what I have ready

ACRYLIC POST IT HOLDERS
BIRD SEED
BOOKMARK CALENDARS
GLASS ORNAMENTS
HAND SANITIZERS
keychains
KITCHEN ANGELS
LEGEND ORNAMENTS
LIP GLOSS
MICROSLIDE ORNAMENTS
NAIL POLISH
NECKLACES
POST IT NOTE HOLDERS
SANTA KEYS
SANTA KISSES
SOCK CUPCAKES
TILE COASTERS
WHISKS
PLAYDOUGH
SOAP REINDEER
REINDEER FOOD
TOOTH FAIRY TINS
CANDLES
PET TREATS
santa nugget / purses
M&M STIX
JOURNAL JAR AND BOOK
CANDY BARS

Just want to thank all of you ladies, working 2 jobs and volunteering for our veterans does not leave much room for the creative juices to flow, I can case really well though--LOL.

Can I ask how many of each of these items you made to take with you to your show?

Thanks! Tetcha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #693  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennscraftView Post
most popular were the Hershey Nugget purses (sold 167 of them)
Jenn-Which style did you make? Any pics? And how much do you charge for one little nugget? I have some leftover and was thinking of whipping them up last minute... if it is a last-minute kind of thing?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #694  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Jenn-Which style did you make? Any pics? And how much do you charge for one little nugget? I have some leftover and was thinking of whipping them up last minute... if it is a last-minute kind of thing?!
I followed the scoring from Dawn Stamping Studio (I believe that is the name of her blog). It doesn't take very long to make them and since I get my candy in bulk at Sam's club, don't cost very much. I charge 50 cents each or 3 for $1.00 ( not a huge money maker for me but I like having something small out). Here is a pic of one (I change up the colors depending on what pattern of designer paper I have.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-cam00055.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #695  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 802 Likes on 326 Posts

Quote:

I had my best show ever this past weekend. I really saw how much I sold when I packed up to go home and so many boxes were empty.
My hockey ornaments sold like crazy. I don't like sports so I never thought to do this before, but I just there are a lot of hockey fans to buy for. LOL I sold all 32 I had made for $4 each. I was very happy.
Now, I have to make more for my last 3 shows.
I love your hockey ornaments! You live in hockey country and came up with a product that is so fitting!! I've done the same thing with something big in my area. This is a huge horse area, so I make boxed card sets with horse images. I stamp the insides and the envelopes with horse shoes or a small horse image. They sell will for me in the art gallery gift shop and craft shows too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #696  
Pearl-ExPert

].
I want to do the elf legs, but need to find the individually wrapped Twizzlers (i know i should have grabbed the bags at Halloween)[/QUOTE]

I used MMs for my legs. Last time I used the mint white chocolate ones. I did use Sixlets for the turkey legs just because I found them cheap at the grocery store at Halloween.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #697  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

for individual wrapped twizzlers or licorice try amish stores. mine local stores carry them.
or goggle. On amazon or overstock.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #698  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
for individual wrapped twizzlers or licorice try amish stores. mine local stores carry them.
or goggle. On amazon or overstock.com
I got some at Walmart and our local pharmacies carry them all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #699  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

cool
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #700  

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetchasimmerView Post
Sounds like many of you are having a great Craft Fair Season so far!

I had so much going on this fall that I ended up only signing up for one on Dec 1st and am starting to freak out haha.... Time is running out, and it feels like I will never have enough made. I plan on having individual cards, gift tags, gift card holders, peppermint treat packs for sure; also wanted to do a few rosette Christmas trees and clothespin card holders but not sure I will have time...

Can everyone share how much you take with you to a craft fair? Anything you would change for next year? Any tips are most appreciated, thanks!

Tetcha
How much? Well my inventory is on a spreadsheet, but I know that there are 28 items on it. I did very well last year and this year we paid for a double booth, so I've made more than last year. Sure hope to sell more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #701  

Quote:

Had my second craft fair last weekend and it was the best I've done in the past 6 years that I've been participating in craft fairs (this is the most fairs I've had scheduled to). Sold a variety of items, most popular were the Hershey Nugget purses (sold 167 of them), Peppermint Patty faces (97 of them), Thanksgiving and Reindeer lollipops (97 of these), sold out of my Cocoa Sliders (had only 50 of these and have an order for 64 more), sold most of my Hershey Kiss Christmas Trees and some Hershey Kiss stars (these didn't sell as well for me), almost sold out of the rest of my Purse Gift Card holders and did pretty good on cards (sold a lot of Thanksgiving and Christmas cards). I was exhausted (I have a cold and lost most of my voice halfway through) but very hyped about the sales :-) . Now I need to keep working on more inventory for my last one, which is a two-day Craft Fair Dec. 7-8. All the ones I've done are at high schools (high school craft fairs are huge here). Congrats to all who had shows this past weekend (sounds like had good sales). Good luck to all who have more coming - hang in there, the end is in sight ;-)
Happy for you Jenn!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #702  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinDView Post
Had my second craft sale of the season and I was pleased as I am in a small town in rural Alberta Canada. Best Christmas market I have done last year and this year combined. 'Sold a variety of things, even one curly wreath and a large framed art piece along with all the little things. Have to restock Christmas tags and snack packs and crystal magnets. I even sold a lot of cards which compared to last year is amazing. I will have to add a few more of those as well.

Linda
Congrats Linda! By curly wreath do you mean one made with dsp strips? Did it take you very long to make? I cut some vines from our grapes and made wreaths. The only thing I have left to do before the show is decorate them. I want them to be more natural looking, so I got some burlap ribbon, sleigh bells in vintage tones, and I made large deep red flowers vintage looking flowers from paper. I want to put some fresh holly branches with berries on them as well, so I can't do that until a couple days before the show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #703  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
Congrats Linda! By curly wreath do you mean one made with dsp strips? Did it take you very long to make? I cut some vines from our grapes and made wreaths. The only thing I have left to do before the show is decorate them. I want them to be more natural looking, so I got some burlap ribbon, sleigh bells in vintage tones, and I made large deep red flowers vintage looking flowers from paper. I want to put some fresh holly branches with berries on them as well, so I can't do that until a couple days before the show.
Yes the one with the dsp strips. I cut and curled them while watching the voice. To put together only took about 20 min each. The final embelishments took a few minutes, bows etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #704  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for all the sources for Twizzlers! Found them at the larger Walmart. Wanted to use those for the elf legs, kinda tired of filling bags with m&m's ( i do about 400 of them for other items!)
Does anyone have the download for the snowman popcorn wrapper, I can't believe I can't find it on my computer anywhere! I know it was there, but now all i have is the little hershey one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #705  
Polyshrink Goddess

My sale this past Saturday was good but could have been better if the weather co-operated!

It was my first time going to this sale, but I won't be going back, as it was very unorganized and the organizers were gone before all the vendors were gone! We were sent an email saying all vendors MUST stay until 4pm, but the organizers started dismantling their stuff around 3:45! They didn't even come around to see how everyone was doing or if they needed a bathroom break or anything.

Oh well, live and learn!

Popular item this time was magnets and peppermint snowmen. Only sold one popcorn snowman. Weird. And, of course, people were looking for non-Christmas cards, which I had very few of left.

My last sale is this Sunday and I hope it is nice outside as I have a little bit of a drive to it!

Good luck to all!

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #706  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendykinsView Post
Thanks for all the sources for Twizzlers! Found them at the larger Walmart. Wanted to use those for the elf legs, kinda tired of filling bags with m&m's ( i do about 400 of them for other items!)
Does anyone have the download for the snowman popcorn wrapper, I can't believe I can't find it on my computer anywhere! I know it was there, but now all i have is the little hershey one!

Wendy - if you send me your email I can email you the wrapper. I'm not sure how to do it any other way?!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #707  
Die Cut Diva

I read all about your sales and think, I don't even make that many of the items to sell. For instance, I make about a dozen of each item. The shows I'm participating in are one day 4 to 5 hours each. I guess I don't want to get stuck with too many left overs. I will make more of a particular item if it sells out at the first show. I've never done a high traffic or two day show. Mostly because I'm kinda lazy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #708  
Embossing Fanatic

[QUOTE=doorknocker3;20431730]I read all about your sales and think, I don't even make that many of the items to sell. For instance, I make about a dozen of each item. The shows I'm participating in are one day 4 to 5 hours each. I guess I don't want to get stuck with too many left overs. I will make more of a particular item if it sells out at the first show. I've never done a high traffic or two day show.

I kinda slid into it. I did my first one as a Stampin'Up demo with a few hand made things and it grew from there. Now I'm only a demo at my first one and this is my first year doing fairs where I'm a crafter only. It has definately been a learning experience (need to get inventory done way earlier, these late nights are getting to me :-P ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #709  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't make a ton of things for my sales either, they are only a few hours long, but this year I tried to do more than I usually do. Our two day shows here are pretty expensive (for me at least) around $200 for the space. There is one sale that is $300 for a table (breast cancer fundraiser). But my stuff is $5 or less so I'd have to sell A LOT of stuff to make up those fees. But I guess when I add up what I spend on tables for four or so different sales, its over $100 so maybe it would be worth doing the cheaper one? Seems overwhelming to me though.

I'm a late crafter too and I have to stop that as well. I'm a night owl anyway but I wait too long to start these projects and then I'm stressed out over it. I want it to be fun. My house is still a disaster area and I have to get it all cleaned up tonight.

I'm going to start writing down (in Dec and Jan) what I want to make for the sales and then pick an item a month (like bookmarks or notebooks or candy items) and start making them each month (candy I can cut/score and have it ready for the candy). I wanted to do that before but just didn't but this year its going to happen. Maybe that way it won't be such 'work' and can be 'fun' again!

I do have fun doing the shows though. I do not like setting up or tearing down but its kind of fun meeting people (vendors and customers).

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #710  
Pearl-ExPert

So happy for all of you who had good sales! Keep it going girls
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #711  
Embossing Fanatic

Want to share a picture of the awesome display my talented husband made for me. A friend of mine had a homemade display that we had liked. So he took the rails from my sons' old crib that we couldn't sell (since it was the drop side kind that were recalled) and made this display. The shelves just slide in (he made me 4 of them so we have plenty if needed) and painted them black (they were originally baby blue and white). The whole thing folds flat for easy storage and travel. I was definately blessed with this man - I love new display :-) !
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-cam00074.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #712  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
My sale this past Saturday was good but could have been better if the weather co-operated!

It was my first time going to this sale, but I won't be going back, as it was very unorganized and the organizers were gone before all the vendors were gone! We were sent an email saying all vendors MUST stay until 4pm, but the organizers started dismantling their stuff around 3:45! They didn't even come around to see how everyone was doing or if they needed a bathroom break or anything.

Oh well, live and learn!

Popular item this time was magnets and peppermint snowmen. Only sold one popcorn snowman. Weird. And, of course, people were looking for non-Christmas cards, which I had very few of left.

My last sale is this Sunday and I hope it is nice outside as I have a little bit of a drive to it!

Good luck to all!

What's a peppermint snowman?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #713  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Want to share a picture of the awesome display my talented husband made for me. A friend of mine had a homemade display that we had liked. So he took the rails from my sons' old crib that we couldn't sell (since it was the drop side kind that were recalled) and made this display. The shelves just slide in (he made me 4 of them so we have plenty if needed) and painted them black (they were originally baby blue and white). The whole thing folds flat for easy storage and travel. I was definately blessed with this man - I love new display :-) !
Awesome display!....awesome husband!.......want to share him?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #714  
Pearl-ExPert

Nice display Jenn - I wish I had one of those husband things but I don't. And if I did I'd probably have the untalented kind (well in the display making field at least!). I do have a brother who I should hit up to make me something though. He's retired and I'm sure he is just bored during the day!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #715  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

So interesting what sells each year.
I have sold hardly any M&M sticks this year which is very unusual for around here.
Guess I can finally take a break next year from making them!

I have sold alot of popcorn snowmen though and way less chocolate bars than usual.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #716  
Cardstock Collector

Any tips on what kind of cash float to start out with at the shows you attend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #717  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:

this is fabulous and looks great it is such a blessing to have a handy hubs

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #718  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetchasimmerView Post
Any tips on what kind of cash float to start out with at the shows you attend?
I usually start with 100.00. 20. in quarters, 50. in ones and 30. in fives.
I don't price anything where I would need pennies, nickles or dimes. I do small shows and I find this usually works out for me. Everyone seems to hit the debit machines before they go shopping and always hand you a twenty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #719  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have 75.00 in the till each time ( mostly 1's) with a back up of 25 more 1's in my truck. that works for me but, the highest priced thing in my booth is 8.00 so...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #720  
Pearl-ExPert

I bring about $120 in change as well, kind of what Knox brings with a couple of tens. Last show i did everyone in the morning paid in 20's. some bought lots, one bought a card for around $2. I was freaked a bit thinking I would not have enough change but then it turned out I did (cause that was the most sales made that day!). one year one of my first customers handed me a $100 bill for less than $10 worth of stuff. I handed it right back (and I knew this lady) saying nope, not gonna happen. I mean who does that?!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes