Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uploading glitch

I uploaded a card about 45 minutes ago and after I completed the first screen, the message came up that said "image successfully uploaded" (or whatever the usual message says) and then it took me to my gallery without taking me to the second upload page (where I would enter keywords, products used, etc.). The upload is not showing in my gallery at all. Should I try re-uploading it, or would that just create a duplicate? I was using Chrome and I usually use IE, is Chrome a problem for uploading?

Thanks for your help!

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Amy! A few questions for you...

Did you choose "member gallery" as the category? Or did you choose an album? Albums don't allow for those keyword, etc. fields.

Secondly - are you in the Fan Club? If not, your uploads have to be approved by our gallery moderators, so there is a slight delay.

And Chrome is great - that's what I use - actually IE causes all sorts of problems, so you're good
Crimping Master

Wow, Lydia, you are fast! Thanks for the quick response. I *meant* to choose member gallery (I'm not even sure what an album is!) but maybe I didn't. How can I check that? And how can I fix it?

Not Fan Club yet, but that is my New Year's present to myself and I'm planning to sign up this weekend!

Glad to know Chrome is okay, because I had so many problems with IE that I decided to start using Chrome. So if it did go to an album, how do I find it and how can I move it?? Or can I just upload it again? The card was for 2 challenges so I wanted to enter those keywords.

Thanks again for your help!

My Gallery
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Well let's wait until it shows up in your gallery. Then just click on the photo, and click Edit Photo and it will let you choose the category (gallery) that the photo is in. Let me know what it says - if it's anything other than Member Gallery, then just click the drop down and change it. If it never shows up at all there might have been a hiccup during upload and then we can try again!
Crimping Master

Thanks! If it doesn't show up in my gallery in the next couple of hours, I will try uploading again. And I'm signing up for Fan Club now! Thanks again for your help!

My Gallery
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

I have one suggestion to make - because it happens to me sometimes ;-). You'd think once would be enough, but alas no, it still happens from time to time.
Is it possible that you didn't have your image selected? Sometimes I do my writing because I want to remember what I used if there was a lot of detail to remember, and then I hit submit before I've navigated to select my upload. And then it does give me that successfully uploaded message and it does shoot me straight to my gallery - and of course it's not there because I never selected it.
This, of course, is why the image selection field comes BEFORE the write-up field, I just need to engrave that in my memory.
Crimping Master

Sabrina, thanks for your post! I'm completely horrified to say that I think that must be what happened. I hadn't even thought about that possibility until I read your post and tried to remember choosing the file to upload, and I can't remember actually doing that!! Ugh. This is what happens when I try to upload after staying up most of the night with a teething baby!!

Thanks, Sabrina...it was driving me nuts wondering what I did! I'm going to try to upload it again after I drink some caffeine!!

My Gallery
Polyshrink Goddess

Tried a different image and it worked... So I went back and checked out the properties of the card that would not upload. It was not resized to be smaller than the pixels allowed. Normally it would give me a message that my file was too large and this time it didn't. But I resized it and it worked now. Hopefully that was the issue and it was totally on my end. Thanks so much!