Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Little Birdie Told Me Looking for SCUT compatible machine Suggestion

I have been using Sure Cuts a Lot with the Cricut and converting SVG files to SCuT2 for so long that I now have thousands of files. I want to get a new machine that is not a Cricut. I know the EClips by Sizzix will cut scut files. Are there any other machines that will cut scut files?

I have a very limited budget but I'm hoping there might be some good Black Friday sales coming up.

I sure wish I could get a Black Cat Cougar but unless it's 90% off I don't see that happening in my future.

Does anyone know of any great sales coming up on a SCUT, SVG compatible die cutting machine?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Cameo will work with SCAL. I'm pretty sure SCAL2 can save as or export as an svg file. If so, you could also use machines (like Cameo or the Zing) that use MTC. You can import svg files directly into MTC. If you are interested in the Cameo, the Silhouette Studio Designer edition software will also import svg files, but the software is an extra $50. If you buy a Cameo and want to use the free Silhouette Studio software that comes with it, you can use Inkscape (free program) to convert your svg files from SCAL into dxf file types and then open in Silhouette Studio. Seems complicated, but its not really. Personally, I'd go with the Zing (it comes with MTC). I'm saving my pennies and hopefully will have one in a couple months...

ETA: I forgot to add that Silhouette just came out with another smaller machine - the Portrait. If you don't need/want to cut 12" paper, then this will take letter size and works with the Silhouette Software. I don't know if MTC or SCAL has added the drivers/plugin for their software to work with the new machine.

HTH

Last edited by cat_woman; 11-20-2012 at 05:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes