Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts
Default Design Team Call Tips

These tips from Jenni Bowlin Studios were shared by Designteamcalls.com - I thought they were worth sharing here and discussing, for those who are curious about 'what it takes' to be successful in applying for a design team call......
Quote:

Design Team Call Tips from Jenni Bowlin Studios

When we are looking to add new members to the JBS Team, the very first place we go is to the scrapbook blogging community. A designer�s blog will tell us everything we need to know to decide if she�s the person we�re looking for to round out our team. The following is list of questions we ask ourselves:
  • Are consistently well-designed projects being produced?
  • Is there anything unique about her style?
  • Are the projects nicely photographed?
  • Is the designer blogging frequently? At least two or three times per week?
  • Is a positive attitude maintained?
  • Are other social medias being used? Facebook? Instagram? Twitter? Pinterest?
  • How many followers does she have on these forums?
  • Is the designer on other design teams? Is the designer on too many design teams?
  • Does she contribute to e-zines or online challenge sites?
  • Does she advertise well for those she works for?
  • Is she published? How often? Recently?
  • Are there any step-out or video tutorials?
  • Is the blog well organized and visually attractive?
  • Does she use JBS product of JBS Mercantile Kits? Does she like us?
The important thing for designers to remember in the current market is that beautiful work must be seen. Social media skills are just as important as design skills. Definitely.
Thoughts?
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Interesting list!

I guess every company will have a slightly different take on the process - placing more or less emphasis on social media etc. Some of this strikes me as very subjective (how many design teams is too many, for example?) but I'd agree with the overall picture it paints - you stand the best chance if you are demonstrating that you use and like the company's products, you present a positive attitude about your work and enjoy sharing it.

It's a shame this list seems to leave little scope for somebody who is very talented but relatively new to the game. It takes time to establish a presence online, build up followers and so on. I can see you need to be presenting a body of work in order for somebody to judge how consistently you're working but that could happen a lot more quickly than building up an obvious following. Again, I guess different companies take different approaches to this and maybe even JBS would approach this list with some flexibility.

Finally, I'd just like to observe that the wording is rather sexist ;)

My blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes