Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #361  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
I need to share - I have completed my 100 cards - no purchases, but I did win a couple of digis and did use a bit of new cs sent through WishRAK - full disclosure here! And no noticeable dent in the supplies I brought with me this summer. I started June 4 so I think that is 50 days. (Some cards are in my albums and galleries here, and most can be found at my blog.)
I have to add a slight toot of the horn - I sell cards at a little weekly craft show in our RV park - mostly people who stay in the park come to shop. I had about 100 cards in my inventory to start with - I am down to 30, with the addition of the 100 I made. So it has been a good summer.
Then the down side of our summer - I still have pretty poor internet connections - can't go to McDonalds every day!! So I have almost no chance to check out the galleries - I hope to get there some day. Same goes for reading all the posts...
Congrats on a successful challenge. More importantly congrats on the sale of all your cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #362  
Matboard Maniac

Yes, congratulations, Dorothy, on finishing your 100 cards and on selling so many of them too!! You probably didn't know this, but you were the black horse in this race! LOL I thought Bexx was going to be 2nd to finish. Great job on accomplishing so much, Dorothy! You'll soon see a dent in your supplies because you're going to have to make more cards again! Bwhahahahaha!! ;D

I joined the Fan Club to get Dirty!

challenging myself to make 100 in 100
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #363  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by tishahendricksView Post
Finish Line:
Francesca - 100

In the weeds (LOL):
Tisha - 26

Where are you at?
You - #?
Aaahhhh.... I'm at #88 .... I have 12 left to get to 100. I'm 4 weeks in (started June 23) so I'm happy. I am off to finish 2 more scrap pages tonight :o All good in stamp/scrap land here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2012, 03:20 AM   #364  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the kind words! I hope I can catch up on reading previous posts - I am a few pages behind LOL! Congrats to all who are doing so well. I do have plenty of time to work on cards - I just wish I were not so slow. I know that before I retired (I can hardly believe that was 20 years ago) I would never have had the time and certainly not the energy to do this. (And now the energy is vanishing again....!!!)

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #365  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon (ScrappingMum) and other Canadians - if you are wondering where to send cards - the Tuesday Teapot Challenge has highlighted two lonely guys in a nursing home in Canada.

Here is the thread where you can find information about the featured recipient for each week's challenge.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
The challenge includes a goofy story and kind of a theme - but it is absolutely not necessary to follow the suggested topic. (Sadly, some of the recipients have passed away, so it would be a good idea to check before sending to others on the list.)
Sol and Gypsy are listed in posts 287 and 306, and cards for them would be most welcome at any time.
ANYONE is more than welcome to take the plunge at any time, and join in just by posting cards with the appropriate key words.

By the way, if you have looked at any of my cards, you can tell that I am addicted to challenges - that is nearly always the starting point for me.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #366  
Stampin' Fool

I am done - wooo! I am still working on the extra 10 to make up for the awful OSW I did.

These are all the good things that happened to me during this challenge!:

1) Learned how to make Sausage Rolls in America (Thanks Kay!)
2) Possibly gained an SU! downline (possibly, if not though I've "met" a kindred stamping spirit! (Nat!)
3) People actually look at my blog and actually leave comments occasionally!
4) Got a lovely Amuse Studio consultant so we can do contraband trades! (Kay)
5) Was incredibly inspired by everyone's cards.
6) 100 cards are done and I like them, on the most part!
7) Had a massive Mojo boost, and loving what I'm creating instead of just thinking it's OK.
Made a lovely bunch of stamping friends. Whenever I see one of you guys on another thread now I get all excited and internally say "Go you, 100in100er!"

Thanks for the challenge Mindy. And as a reminder, Francesca started an awesome NEW challenge - Card a Day. Join us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #367  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yay

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancasterLurkerView Post
I am done - wooo! I am still working on the extra 10 to make up for the awful OSW I did.

2) Possibly gained an SU! downline (possibly, if not though I've "met" a kindred stamping spirit! (Nat!)
7) Had a massive Mojo boost, and loving what I'm creating instead of just thinking it's OK.
Made a lovely bunch of stamping friends. Whenever I see one of you guys on another thread now I get all excited and internally say "Go you, 100in100er!"

Thanks for the challenge Mindy. And as a reminder, Francesca started an awesome NEW challenge - Card a Day. Join us!
Wow, what a FUN List! I've very much similar experience. I'm looking forward to continuing on with the Card-A-Day Group. I loved the MOJO
[100in100] brought and all the Stash Used. I'm working on another scrap layout now and have a card sketch I like for some cards ... I'll be at 100 this week ... woohoo!

~~~ Sharing MOJO Vibes ~~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #368  
Matboard Maniac

The crowd goes wild!!!! *\o/*\o/*\o/* Congratulations, Bexx!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #369  
Glitter Guru

Big congrats Bexx! I had a ball with this challenge also, so glad I participated. I have really enjoyed getting to know all of my new stamping friends, just one of the many benefits of this challenge. This challenge also helped me launch my blog, finally. My blog is now 2 months old, I am posting regularly and having fun with it. I have also started participating in some blog challenges, which I really enjoy. And I have gotten much better about throwing oops and outtake stuff away. Having spent weeks weeding through the piles of scraps, trying to put them to good use, I now know what I will eventually use and what I will never use. And I am absolutely thrilled about the Card-a-Day blog group, it is so nice to be part of such a warm, talented and encouraging group of paper crafters!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #370  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishymomView Post
And I have gotten much better about throwing oops and outtake stuff away. Having spent weeks weeding through the piles of scraps, trying to put them to good use, I now know what I will eventually use and what I will never use.
That was something I was trying to do too during this challenge. I'm slowly sorting thru stuff (still can't find my Big Bite or eyelets or any more brads, grrrrr!), but so far I've used up one 12x12x3 box full of paper scraps and had to refill my ATG! Happy, happy!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #371  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello! Remember me? Lol. It's been a while :p

Haven't posted to my blog lately because I don't really have anything finished. I have half-completed projects all over the house ( I'm doing a craft show next weekend).

Congrats to those of you who are finished!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #372  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
Well, I didn't get 100 cards done. I did get 60 scrap book pages done of DH's family photos, what we have of them. I made a flip album for a shower gift. Reorganized my scrapping space. I took all my Cricut cartridges, key pads and handbooks out of their boxes and put them in a 3 drawer unit. I want to be able to get my hands on the cartridges easier than how they were stored, which is in storage totes and hard to get to.

Our oldest son got married in June, so that consumed most of the month. We helped the move into their first place, do the thank you cards, and stuff like that. I did a lot of crafting wedding decorations and such, but not so much card making.

My current project, which I have to get done in less than a week does involve paper. I need to go through 15 more years of our paperwork history. We needed room in the garage, and I never throw anything out. I have cancelled checks, power bills, grocery store receipts, I've been saving them in boxes and I have a lot of boxes in my craft area right now. We're pulling out the important papers, tax forms, pulling out the photos, cards and ephemera that should be used for scrapbooking (which I haven't started our family yet) and shredding everything else. Ughhh, why did I save everything, and why didn't we do this a few years ago.

Getting this big project done will clear up weekends and evenings after work for more paper crafting time, and a better organized space, so it's all good.

Congrats to those who did 100 cards in 100 days. I will try this again next summer

Last edited by ladybugstamper2; 07-27-2012 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: added more info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #373  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

My shredder was one of the best presents I ever asked for and received! We scan what *might* be important, then shred everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #374  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancasterLurkerView Post

Way to go!!! What an accomplishment!

I'm only about 1/2 way there and it's so much harder than I thought it was going to be, but I'm not giving up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #375  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Hi!
Well, I didn't get 100 cards done. I did get 60 scrap book pages done of DH's family photos, what we have of them. I made a flip album for a shower gift. Reorganized my scrapping space. I took all my Cricut cartridges, key pads and handbooks out of their boxes and put them in a 3 drawer unit. I want to be able to get my hands on the cartridges easier than how they were stored, which is in storage totes and hard to get to.

Our oldest son got married in June, so that consumed most of the month. We helped the move into their first place, do the thank you cards, and stuff like that. I did a lot of crafting wedding decorations and such, but not so much card making.

My current project, which I have to get done in less than a week does involve paper. I need to go through 15 more years of our paperwork history. We needed room in the garage, and I never throw anything out. I have cancelled checks, power bills, grocery store receipts, I've been saving them in boxes and I have a lot of boxes in my craft area right now. We're pulling out the important papers, tax forms, pulling out the photos, cards and ephemera that should be used for scrapbooking (which I haven't started our family yet) and shredding everything else. Ughhh, why did I save everything, and why didn't we do this a few years ago.

Getting this big project done will clear up weekends and evenings after work for more paper crafting time, and a better organized space, so it's all good.

Congrats to those who did 100 cards in 100 days. I will try this again next summer
Wow - you have achieved so much! And that paperwork task sounds like a real ball-ache as we say in the UK. I hate paperwork. We have an "in-tray" on our kitchen counter, once it's overflowing we sort it out. That makes it not too hideous, maybe only takes an hour. Oh! But I tell you what makes it trickier though, we have Brit-A4 sized paperwork and US-letter sized paperwork, different binders and hole punches for each. I think I need to implement a file folder system where I just drop things into the right files...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #376  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Hi!

Wow, Cynthia! I think you can safely say that you finished the challenge too because it included projects! And you completed some major projects and even have another huge one planned! Don't forget the 100 days aren't over yet either! Whew! You deserve a lot of pats on the back for accomplishing so much, Cynthia! Congrats to you too!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #377  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Wow, Cynthia! I think you can safely say that you finished the challenge too because it included projects! And you completed some major projects and even have another huge one planned! Don't forget the 100 days aren't over yet either! Whew! You deserve a lot of pats on the back for accomplishing so much, Cynthia! Congrats to you too!!
I agree! Way to go Cynthia!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #378  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies

Still here, although my card count has taken a nasty hit due to the nasty chest infection I picked up which really knocked me out for a couple of weeks. Slowly resuming normal service... even if I don't make it to 100, I am still counting this as a success because it has totally jump started my card making again. I've joined the card a day group because I would just miss everyone too much if this all went away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #379  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
Hi ladies

Still here, although my card count has taken a nasty hit due to the nasty chest infection I picked up which really knocked me out for a couple of weeks. Slowly resuming normal service... even if I don't make it to 100, I am still counting this as a success because it has totally jump started my card making again. I've joined the card a day group because I would just miss everyone too much if this all went away
Glad you're feeling better Kay! Sometimes life takes over ... ;)

As they say, "shoot for the moon, even if you don't make it you're among stars.... Good part of this challenge is whatever you get done is good! I too found this a big Jumpstart to MOJO and I'm working on #100 right now...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #380  
Pearl-ExPert

So close to the end...ready to move to my next challenge.

Is anyone brave enough to try another crazy challenge with me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #381  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindykidView Post
So close to the end...ready to move to my next challenge.

Is anyone brave enough to try another crazy challenge with me?
Are you gonna tell us what it is before we say yes or no? Haha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #382  
Stampin' Fool

An excellent point Lela. I was about to jump in with both feet then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #383  
Matboard Maniac

I'm still trying to finish this one! LOL Is it something I can incorporate into what I'm already doing, like I'm making cards for the DTGD challenges AND counting them towards my 100 also? :cool:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #384  
Rubber Obsessor

So this week I have made: 12 cards, 18 tea bag holder cards, 27 covered mini-composition books, and 12 Post-It folders. All packaged and ready to be sold! I also made 20 paper clip bookmarks and 24 binder clip photo holders, about 150 marble magnets, and I have some acrylic Post-It holders in the works (12 mini, 10 3.5x5, and 4 5x7), and 6 full-size covered composition books. My hubby is working on ceramic coasters, so I won't count those for me

Too busy to document and take pictures but hopefully after this weekend I will have some photographic proof :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #385  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm still trying to finish this one! LOL Is it something I can incorporate into what I'm already doing, like I'm making cards for the DTGD challenges AND counting them towards my 100 also? :cool:
Oh yes you can!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #386  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Are you gonna tell us what it is before we say yes or no? Haha!
Oh now where is the fun in that?!?!?!

Here's a hint. If you have a little project in your CURRENT stash that has yet to be started...

for example you saw this really cute paper and you knew it was PERFECT for your mini album or scrapbook page of your last vacation, or you have this adorable tin that you bought for a tooth fairy box or to keep your clipped coupons, or you have this fabulous frame that you wanted to cover and adorn...

well, this challenge is for YOU!!!

So finish up your 100 card challenge so we can start the next one!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #387  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Sigh!

Quote:

Oh now where is the fun in that?!?!?!

Here's a hint. If you have a little project in your CURRENT stash that has yet to be started...

for example you saw this really cute paper and you knew it was PERFECT for your mini album or scrapbook page of your last vacation, or you have this adorable tin that you bought for a tooth fairy box or to keep your clipped coupons, or you have this fabulous frame that you wanted to cover and adorn...

well, this challenge is for YOU!!!

So finish up your 100 card challenge so we can start the next one!!!
Mindy, Mindy, Mindy ... what are we going to do with you when our Scrap Rooms are empty from using all our 100 in 100 papers & we finish up all those "unfinished projects?

You just need us to help motivate you to finish up all those projects so you can share space w/ your teenager .... ;) we saw the post, LOL!

BUT, during my 100in100 I had some additional goals of getting rid of 100 items in my scrap/stamp office, gathering up 100 swap cards or update card fronts for OWH & some much needed organizing. During the organization phase I did put many alterable items I got sucked into buying in one of those "OH THAT'S SO CUTE" phases into 1 organized space so I might be ready for this challenge.

Sounds like a good idea ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 AM   #388  
Stampin' Fool

I have JUST THE THING(s)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #389  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh man, you're already thinking of the next challenge? LOL. I'm just trying to keep up! The last week has been killer and I'm falling behind. Not to mention, I have a million Christmas gift ideas that I need time to implement...although, maybe that will fit your challenge?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #390  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm still trying to play catch-up. Got behind for one week because of being sick and then got sidetracked organizing all my stamps when I started to look for one I wanted to use. Must say the organization was really helpful. Now I know where to find most of them quickly. Spent the weekend at CKC Lancaster making cards all weekend but most were from classes and not from my stash so I don't think I can count them. Was a great weekend with my best friend though! Back to 100 in 100 tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #391  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeOnlineView Post
The last week has been killer and I'm falling behind. Not to mention, I have a million Christmas gift ideas that I need time to implement...although, maybe that will fit your challenge?
I know I've finished, but now I'm Card a Day, I'm really struggling! But the Christmas gift idea is genius. I always want hand-made gifts to give to people but it gets too hectic. I recently made a couple of sets of notecards which I thought would be nice as gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #392  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Finish Line:
Francesca - 100

In the weeds (LOL):
Tisha - 26

Where are you at?
You - #?
I am at 54. Still crafting away, but see no big dent in my stash. I haven't bought anything, but have received a few RAKs so have been using that. I am so behind on my blogging. We had a severe storm here last Thursday which knocked out our power and phone. Boy, talk about hot! We have our power back but still no phone. My mom is also here visiting from VA so that has put the kabuts on my crafting. I have managed to make a few cards, but not like when I'm alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #393  
Pearl-ExPert

93...ready for it to be over...not even a dent in the stash :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #394  
Stampin' Fool

My stash GREW!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #395  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I took the blog tour and everyones cards are beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #396  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to everyone who has finished!!! I posted my 75th project last night and today should be day 70....the end is in sight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #397  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Sept 1-Oct 31: "Project Procrastination"

In this challenge you are to find a project IN YOUR CURRENT STASH that is sitting there waiting for you to love on it again. You already bought the stuff, you have the idea about what you were going to do with it, now it's time to get 'er done!

It could be a small thing - a set of cards, a little box or frame, a little album, or a set of scrapbook pages. (You KNOW you have pictures that you intended to do put somewhere!)

Take a picture of the pile o' stuff. Then finish the project and take another picture. Put them both on your blog so we can marvel at your artistry!

Post a link here to let us know what you are planning to do - include a picture or a link. Click the link below to see the new thread.

Sept 1-Oct 31: "Project Procrastination" by Mindykid at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #398  
Pearl-ExPert

Done! I posted last night with my last card for this challenge.

Then I got up this morning and did a few extra. Apparently this weekend the mojo kicked in to help me reach the finish line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #399  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Done! I posted last night with my last card for this challenge. Then I got up this morning and did a few extra. Apparently this weekend the mojo kicked in to help me reach the finish line.
Congratulations, Mindy!! Your gnome cards are cute!

I'm thinking of joining your Procrastination Challenge. I'm a procrastinator of noncrafting projects mostly though, so I'm not sure how that would work with your challenge. I still don't have a blog either, and I don't know if I'm allowed to upload pics to SCS of noncrafting stuff. Craftwise, I have 5 ABs (altered books) that I'd like to fill up and 1000+ photos to scrapbook, but I'm not really procrastinating with them, I just don't feel the urge to work on them right now. ;)

Tisha
now at 42 of 100!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #400  
Pearl-ExPert

I finally reached the halfway mark! 50 cards, yea for me I am determined to see this challenge through to the finish - I have such a bad habit of starting things and not finishing them...
but like most of you, not a much a dent in my stash. It has made me more conscious of what I have and it made a difference to my wish list from the new holiday releases.

We have such a talented bunch of stampers in this group. So glad I joined the challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes