Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least three people (myself included) have been "permanently banned" from PTI's forum today. My sin? I posted saying that it was hard to judge if disrespectful comments were being posted on the board when posts are deleted so quickly. My comment stayed there for less than one minute before I was banned. Draconian measures? Judge for yourself.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I've never ordered from PTI - had a rather substantial wishlist and then a close acquaintance got a dose of their version of customer service and completely turned me off. Short version, she ordered a Scor-Mat, they shipped a (considerably more expensive) Scor-Pal, when she contacted them about it, they acted like she was trying to cheat them out of something, she had to pay shipping to return the wrong item, they wouldn't ship the right item til they had the wrong item back, and two weeks after her tracking showed the return was delivered, she e-mailed to find out what was going on with her correct item and got a very snippy e-mail from customer "service" telling her that they would not ship the mat 'til the Scor-Pal arrived. Seriously, she'd have been better off not telling them about THEIR mistake, had she known the hoops they were going to make her jump thru (to fix THEIR mistake), she'd have kept the board, sold it and taken the money and gotten her mat somewhere else.Seriously - if she was trying to rip them off, wouldn't she have ordered the board (the expensive item) and claimed to have received the mat?

No company can operate where they never make a mistake. I don't expect them to. What I do expect is that when a mistake is made, they own up to it and bend over backwards to make things right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
At least three people (myself included) have been "permanently banned" from PTI's forum today. My sin? I posted saying that it was hard to judge if disrespectful comments were being posted on the board when posts are deleted so quickly. My comment stayed there for less than one minute before I was banned. Draconian measures? Judge for yourself.

I know others have been banned but you, Chris?!?! I'm shocked to hear that ~ not because I wouldn't expect it of them, but because it's you! And obviously not deserved.

Why aren't they scrambling to implement some damage control? Instead they keep making a bad situation worse.

And I'm completely astonished that there are people still ordering from them and then wondering why they have problems.

What a mess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I know others have been banned but you, Chris?!?! I'm shocked to hear that ~ not because I wouldn't expect it of them, but because it's you! And obviously not deserved.

Why aren't they scrambling to implement some damage control? Instead they keep making a bad situation worse.

And I'm completely astonished that there are people still ordering from them and then wondering why they have problems.

What a mess.
Thanks, Nancy. I appreciate that. I've just spent an inordinate amount of time going through my blog and removing all of the free advertising that I've done for them over the years. I left the photos and most of the text, but the company name and links are history.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks, Nancy. I appreciate that. I've just spent an inordinate amount of time going through my blog and removing all of the free advertising that I've done for them over the years. I left the photos and most of the text, but the company name and links are history.
Good for you, Chris!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #46  
Mad Swapper

I just can't believe how they choose to handle customer service issues. I had stopped ordering for a while but recently placed a couple orders because some of the newer release items appealed to me and I've always loved the paper. I've been watching the latest drama with a wary eye. But the comment by Rick was just too much. And now they are pruning and banning people? What a crock! I wish I would have looked away forever after waiting for my anniversary set and then having to shell out my own money to have crappy ink replaced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #47  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

I was banned today too. Another member had been asking direct, polite questions and she was banned. One of the DT members posted and answer directed at her. I posted that the other lady had been banned so she wouldn't be able to read the answer, but that I would pass the message along... My post was removed and I was banned in a couple of minutes (if that much).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #48  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 807 Likes on 329 Posts

I'm glad y'all have posted to let others know about the poor customer service. I have not ordered from them, and now I never will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

I had posted one of those direct rather long posts and it took several days to get "approved". I bet it was deleted and I am banned also. How do you know if you are banned?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea777View Post
I had posted one of those direct rather long posts and it took several days to get "approved". I bet it was deleted and I am banned also. How do you know if you are banned?
It's pretty clear - I tried to refresh the screen and it came up with a notice that I was permanently banned. No warning, no private message, nothing. Just banned.

You're probably just on moderated status. You have to have some number of posts approved by a moderator before you're allowed to post freely. Of course, the moderators are kind of busy banning people today, so it might be awhile.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It's pretty clear - I tried to refresh the screen and it came up with a notice that I was permanently banned. No warning, no private message, nothing. Just banned.

You're probably just on moderated status. You have to have some number of posts approved by a moderator before you're allowed to post freely. Of course, the moderators are kind of busy banning people today, so it might be awhile.

:mrgreen: I love your sense of humor!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #52  
Inking Addict

This makes me so sad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow This ongoing saga simply boggles the mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #54  
Stampin' Fool

I was considering leaving SU, and buying more from papertrey ink. I guess that won't be happening.
I am confused thou, why don't they hire several people in the depts that need help? It may cost them, but it may be the difference between them going out of business or not!
That email really made things way worse for them. I wonder how many customers they have lost?
What about the design team, are the jumping ship?
Also who owns the co, besides Nicole? Do these people get along?

Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, Nichole has done such a great job with product design, marketing, and design team side of the business. It's such a shame to have it undermined by the other owners on the operations side of the business -- customer service, shipping/inventory, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
Wow, Nichole has done such a great job with product design, marketing, and design team side of the business. It's such a shame to have it undermined by the other owners on the operations side of the business -- customer service, shipping/inventory, etc.
It is a pity, I agree. I was a loyal customer since the very beginning, blogging almost exclusively with their products, recruiting new customers, spending tons of money. It was looking a little bit hopeful in the last week that perhaps they were getting the picture, but today totally did it for me. I'm done.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #57  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
FYI for those of you who were banned, Nichole posted these 3 separate posts on the "Where's my thread??"
Yep, saw all of those before I was banned. And the one and only post that I made today was not at all a personal attack, nor do I believe it was disrespectful in any way. Someone was on a hair-trigger today. Their loss. I have never spoken out about their issues on any forum other than theirs until today.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgmlmaxView Post
I was considering leaving SU, and buying more from papertrey ink. I guess that won't be happening.
I am confused thou, why don't they hire several people in the depts that need help? It may cost them, but it may be the difference between them going out of business or not!
That email really made things way worse for them. I wonder how many customers they have lost?
What about the design team, are the jumping ship?
Also who owns the co, besides Nicole? Do these people get along?

Dina
These are all very good questions.I wish that I had answers for them! The design team seems to be sticking around. They have even stepped up to handle customer service issues through the forum after Jenn left.
The company is co-owned by Julie, Jane and Nichole. Jane is Julie's mother and also runs Heskamp Printing. Rick is Julie's husband and also the forum administrator. Rick pops in 2 or 3 times a year and today he popped in to ask why someone would want to keep a customer service thread at the top of the forum.
He said "How exactly does keeping this post at the top help her?" which was taken as being snarky by a handful of members. One said that she was surprised at his answer to which he replied " I believe this is because you think I represent Customer Service and Papertrey Ink. I am the admin of this forum...nothing more and nothing less. If you have issues with the forum, you come to me and I do my best to resolve them. So my question is not a question from Papertrey Ink....it is a question from the server admin for the forum."

The thread was locked and then deleted and then people started getting banned. :?

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #59  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Yep, saw all of those before I was banned. And the one and only post that I made today was not at all a personal attack, nor do I believe it was disrespectful in any way. Someone was on a hair-trigger today. Their loss. I have never spoken out about their issues on any forum other than theirs until today.
I saw it too before I was banned. My comment was in no way a personal attack, but I was banned and the comment deleted within a couple of minutes of posting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what happens when you are banned? can you read the forum but not post?

did they also ban you from shopping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #61  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post

LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #62  
Matboard Maniac

Chris' issue was that she cannot log in
Chris i really hope this log in thing resolves for you and that you can at the very leat cash out your points that are owed to you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

delete

My Blog http://sweetvioletspaperie.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorosieView Post
Chris' issue was that she cannot log in
Chris i really hope this log in thing resolves for you and that you can at the very leat cash out your points that are owed to you
I already cashed out my points. I can't log in to the forum, and based on what others who've been banned have said, if I create a new username, it will be banned immediately, because the ban is on the IP address, not the username. I am definitely NOT banned from the shopping site, which is hilarious.

I do not plan to try to create a new username on the forum. PTI has communicated to me very clearly that they'd prefer to have me talk OUTSIDE their forum.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

To be more clear, once you've been banned, you can't even see that the forum exists - it's as if you typed a non-existent site name into your browser.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

cdjkssss- I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

This company just astonishes me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #67  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancasterLurkerView Post
"dear credit card company, mortgage company, car lease people, hospital billing, IRS, insurance people, and everyone else who has gone to the trouble of sending me a bill this month,

I am afraid I can't cope with all your letters at the moment so I will be putting them in the bin. Please resend them if they are important. If not, go away.

We value your services."
This actually made me laugh out loud! God I wish I could do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #68  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
what happens when you are banned? can you read the forum but not post?

Joan,

You can't log in. Under the log in it says "Resend activation e-mail". If you click on that, this is the message that appears:

Information

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

Of course, contacting the Board Administrator is a joke because the email goes to "Customer Service".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm super torn. I wanted to order all that movers and shakers stuff, but it is out of stock. While I've been waiting for it to come in stock all heck has broken loose.

I don't know if I can live without their cardstock though. Papertrey products have really been my go-to comfort stuff. It would change the hobby for me to exclude them.

I guess I'm going to wait a few months, see if they sort themselves out. I hope they do, I LOVE the products. But these CS issues are horrifying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Erin, I used to use PTI cardstock exclusively but I've switched to A Muse and couldn't be happier. It's gorgeous. And I also hear that Gina K has great cardstock.

Shake up your hobby, girl, and go somewhere else !! I'm j/k a bit, you know. I completely understand that you loved the products. I did too. But there's life after PTI and there are many great companies out there that prove they value their customers by their actions. They will earn your business.

I do hope for those of you wanting to continue as PTI customers, that they fix their problems. Personally, I just couldn't do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 AM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by guateliciaView Post
Of course, contacting the Board Administrator is a joke because the email goes to "Customer Service".
I'm laughing out loud over here after reading this! Yup, that'll work out great, won't it? LOL

I'm not very active on the PTI Forums, so I wasn't aware of all this until I read what Chris wrote on her FB page this morning. *shaking my head*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I already cashed out my points. I can't log in to the forum, and based on what others who've been banned have said, if I create a new username, it will be banned immediately, because the ban is on the IP address, not the username. I am definitely NOT banned from the shopping site, which is hilarious.

I do not plan to try to create a new username on the forum. PTI has communicated to me very clearly that they'd prefer to have me talk OUTSIDE their forum.

Well I'm glad at the very least you are not owed any points
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I have 24 reward points - how does that translate into $? Is it 1:1?

I haven't had the fortitude to use them, just navigating the site is so annoying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #74  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I think I have 24 reward points - how does that translate into $? Is it 1:1?

I haven't had the fortitude to use them, just navigating the site is so annoying.
Yes, it's 1:1. 24 points will also "buy" the anniversary set, which is now the way to get it direct from PTI.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Chris!

I'm not one to throw $24 away so I guess I'll have to do something about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I wondered about the points as well. Guess I'll cash mine in and get some cardstock, reinkers, etc....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #77  
Cardstock Collector

Default rewards points

I used my remaining small amount of rewards points this month. I just ordered what my points covered and just paid postage. There was a glitch in using Paypal, but I think they have that fixed. Now I don't have anything calling me back to PTI. Onward to explore other companies. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Chris, I love your "Keep Calm" badge

Living well is the best revenge, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
Chris, I love your "Keep Calm" badge

Living well is the best revenge, right?
Ha! I agree - great badge!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

I do have other stuff and companies that I love besides PTI. They were just my go-to for cardstock mostly. And sentiments, love their sentiments.

But I'm fully stocked for now.

I also do love Gina K and A Muse cardstocks. And they have always treated me right.

I might go back to PTI in a while. But for now I'm kinda glad I didn't get that order in, I feel like I might have dodged a bullet.
Reply With Quote Likes