Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #321  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Memorial Day ladies!

I am just home from vacation this weekend (went to VA) and last night we had a storm and took down half of my very large cherry tree. i was weeping as it was my favorite as well as my late hubby's favorite. We spend a good part of today trying to hack it up enough to start removal. I am afraid we will have to get someone in to remove the entire tree eventually... I plan to rest up tomorrow and hopefully get my fingers inky finally! Enjoy the holiday!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2013, 04:19 AM   #322  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Good morning ladies!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #323  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnieuView Post
I am just home from vacation this weekend (went to VA) and last night we had a storm and took down half of my very large cherry tree. i was weeping as it was my favorite as well as my late hubby's favorite. We spend a good part of today trying to hack it up enough to start removal. I am afraid we will have to get someone in to remove the entire tree eventually... I plan to rest up tomorrow and hopefully get my fingers inky finally! Enjoy the holiday!!
So sorry about your cherry tree Winnie. Will you replace it with another one? I was sad also when I had to have my big old Oak tree taken down last year. I now have a red maple and can't wait to see it in the Fall when it turns color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2013, 04:22 AM   #324  
Quacker Stamper

I hired a new lawn guy yesterday - long story about that. I sure hope this one works out. He's supposed to come Wednesday evening about 5:30 to do the work. He's really inexpensive too for what I want done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #325  
Crimping Master

Hope it works out with the lawn guy.

I am taking it easy tonight. There`s a hockey game on. Woo hoo! I have been less in to the NHL playoffs this year than I usually am, but now I`m getting back in the swing of it. I enjoyed the first round, when my Leafs were doing well, and then when they lost I was kinda too bummed to get into the second round. I`m over it now ;)

Updated my blog last night finally. My USB port isn`t working properly so I`m having upload issues. If I can`t fix it I shall have to come up with another plan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #326  
Quacker Stamper

Wow! Can't believe no posts since last week. Where is everyone????

Everything went well with the new lawn guy. They did a fabulous job. I was very pleased. They will start coming every other Friday to mow. They'll start that this Friday.

I had my new windows installed on Saturday. I love them, and they did an awesome job. Had it all done in 4 hours and there were only 3 of them working. There were 19 windows. I won't get all the new window coverings back up until a week from Thursday and then I'll able to start putting my rooms back together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #327  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Tomorrow is the day!!! Our baby girl graduates HS tomorrow!! We're so proud of her

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #328  
Quacker Stamper

Congrats to your DD Kelly.

Good morning all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #329  
Quacker Stamper

Don't know if you guys have heard of Simply Betty Stamps, but I love her work. I joined her FB Fan Club and as a member I can get one of her images for free each month. The thing is that you have to use it to make a card or some paper craft item and enter it in the monthly challenge. At the end of the month, it is set up so people (anyone) can vote on the card of their choice as the winner that month. I think this is the 3rd month that I've taken part. I always thought that it was only the Fan Club members that could vote the on the card, but found out that anyone is allowed to vote, so I'm asking you guys to go vote on my Fairy Card! :grin: Here's a link to the challenge and you just have to click on No. 23 (that's me) and vote for me!!!! Voting is open until the 8th, but vote early so you don't forget. Thanks. http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.co...fairy-fun.html

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #330  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you! It's a bittersweet moment. She actually becomes a college freshman on MONDAY!! Unreal! LIke slow down girl!

I voted, my friend! I know her stamps - I know someone who used to be on her DT!
Your card is gorgeous!

We're batting down the hatches for Tropical Storm Andrea - so far, lots of rain and wind and trees blowing about, but nothing too major. We have full power but lots of flooding. Ijust got an emergency notice for a dog rescue site my daughter (girl scout) did her hours at is under a flood disaster and needs 30 dogs taken out/fostered TONIGHT, but they are two full counties away (at least 2 hours on a good day, imagine with a storm) Breaks my heart :(

Hugs and
G O H E A T !!!!!!!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #331  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning PJ girls!

Thanks to all of you who voted for me so far. If you haven't had a chance to yet, the voting is open until the end of tomorrow.

I'm up early to take Maggie Mae to the vet. I think she has kennel cough. She's sneezing a bit and her right eye is all watery. She and all the other cats I had at the time had this 7 years ago when MM was about 2 months old. I had taken her to a rescue place to see if she could get adopted. She didn't and ended up sick and then passed it on to the other 4 cats I had. Paisley is also sneezing a little bit but not as much and she doesn't act sick. I can tell MM doesn't feel well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 AM   #332  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Thank you! It's a bittersweet moment. She actually becomes a college freshman on MONDAY!! Unreal! LIke slow down girl!

I voted, my friend! I know her stamps - I know someone who used to be on her DT!
Your card is gorgeous.

We're batting down the hatches for Tropical Storm Andrea - so far, lots of rain and wind and trees blowing about, but nothing too major. We have full power but lots of flooding. Ijust got an emergency notice for a dog rescue site my daughter (girl scout) did her hours at is under a flood disaster and needs 30 dogs taken out/fostered TONIGHT, but they are two full counties away (at least 2 hours on a good day, imagine with a storm) Breaks my heart :(

Hugs and
G O H E A T !!!!!!!!
I hope you weathered the storm okay Kelly. I hope they were able to find some foster homes for those dogs. Sorry that the Heat couldn't pull it off. That was a squeaker.

Thanks for the vote. If any of you haven't voted for my card yet, you still can. Voting is open until the end of tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #333  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey all - just checking in. My family had some very unexpected, very sad news at the end of May and I had to take some time off… we are taking time to be together and slowly working back to our normal routine + getting me back on my feet.

I owe everyone a blog visit and I am working my way back to it... hoping to get to it tonight, or tomorrow if I run out of time/energy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #334  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
Hey all - just checking in. My family had some very unexpected, very sad news at the end of May and I had to take some time off� we are taking time to be together and slowly working back to our normal routine + getting me back on my feet.

I owe everyone a blog visit and I am working my way back to it... hoping to get to it tonight, or tomorrow if I run out of time/energy.
Kelly, sorry that you've had bad news about your family. I"m sending my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #336  
Quacker Stamper

Kelly, Good morning back to you. I love your big glittery signs.

I'm going in late to work this morning. It was one of those mornings that I just couldn't get out of bed so I laid back down for another hour. I have
an appointment this morning with the SS office to see if I can claim SS on my ex-husband's SS and to see how much I would get from his and whether it is more than I already get. That would be great. Another step toward retirement. ;)

Last night I had to be up at the church to help two of the men get started on their genealogy. They were supposed to be there at and didn't get there until 7:35 and then neither one their log in information they needed, so that took up the rest of the time, getting one set up and the other guy couldn't remember his password. Then the one guy I got set up couldn't lot in when he was done. We requested a reset for both of them, but they had to get that from their e-mails at home, so I gave them homework to get their information and get logged in.

Tonight I have a massage appointment right after work (desparately needed) and then after I get home, I need to go visit a GF. Wonder if there's any crafting time in there?

I need to get around to visiting blogs. These past few weeks have been so busy. Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #337  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Evening everyone! Made my blog rounds - so much creativity in here!

Maggie, that's fascinating about the geneology - that's so much work but definitely a labor of love and worth the end result. Good luck!

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #338  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning ladies.

Yes, Kelly, genealogy is fascinating. I'm teaching a class on Family Search at church on Sunday. Trying to get people familiar with the software and get them working on their family trees.

I really need to get around to visit blogs. Hopefully today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #339  
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies
I am going to have to withdraw from the group due to family commitments. I am not getting time to visit blogs as much as I would like and I feel so guilty when I see your comments on mine :( I would love someone to take over as admin of this lovely bunch to take care of new members etc.
It has been wonderful getting to know you all and I will keep you blog addys so i know where to find you when I have time. xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #340  
Watercolor Wizard

*hugs* lou. i hope someone can take over! i haven't been able to visit as often as some of you either but i definitely love this group and everyone in it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #341  
Quacker Stamper

Sorry that you're leaving the group Lou. Not sure any one of the group is active enough to take over and I"m already heading up a blog group, so I really can't take on another one. Although this group doesn't seem to be too active anyway. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #342  
Watercolor Wizard

checking in
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #343  
Watercolor Wizard

i really don't wanna see this group break up, there are so many fun people in here. if no one wants to take over then i will (until someone else does!) just to keep us together!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #344  
Quacker Stamper

Thanks Kel. I really think we need to see who is still a part of the group. We don't seem to get too much traffic here on the blog group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #345  
Rubber Obsessor

Just stopping in after trying to catch up with leaving everyone some comments. My life has been taken over with job hunting, house hunting and wedding planning. Trying to do all those at once was not a good idea!

Sorry to see you go Lou! I hope we can keep the group together. Thank you Kel for offering to take over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #346  
Watercolor Wizard

i just PM'd everyone - please get back to me before august 1st.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #347  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Hello!

Hello Ladies! First of all..Lou, I'm so sorry to see you leave the group. Your work is so inspiring and I'll continue to visit you in Blogland.
Kel, so glad you are taking over and keeping this group together.
To the group, I'm so sorry I don't check in very often here. I just keep forgetting and don't receive any notifications. I'm sorry about that and will plan to be more regular in visiting here with you all. I have been visiting the blogs although I might not have the most updated list so need to go back and check once the active group is established. I do try and visit blogs weekly and feel like this is such an inspiring group with so much talent so thanks for all of the inspiration. Hope you are all having a great summer! Hugs, Marcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #348  
Quacker Stamper

Kelli, PM'd you back. Marcy, included you in the PM to tell you how you can get notifications on updates to the thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #349  
Hardware Hotshot

Kel, I sent you a PM. thunderstorms this morning, so I'm shutting down the computer and heading to my stamp room to clean up and organize a bit.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #350  
Watercolor Wizard

hi all just checking in.

7 of the 10 people i pm'd have gotten back to me.

paige - hope the thunderstorms weren't too bad!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #351  
Watercolor Wizard

hi all - we are on tropical storm watch, and it's supposed to hit around 6pm with 45-60mph winds so we've been outside all weekend dealing with loose things that could become hazardous flying debris... it was supposed to pass south of our island but this morning the news said it shifted north and is possibly going to pass directly over us, and that it's weakening but still a threat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #352  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hi all - we are on tropical storm watch, and it's supposed to hit around 6pm with 45-60mph winds so we've been outside all weekend dealing with loose things that could become hazardous flying debris... it was supposed to pass south of our island but this morning the news said it shifted north and is possibly going to pass directly over us, and that it's weakening but still a threat.
Stay safe Kel and don't get blown away. I did hear that same thing on our news here this morning. I hope it doesn't do too much damage. I understand that this is not a frequent thing over then in the Islands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #353  
Rubber Obsessor

Gosh, hope everyone stays safe from those thunder/tropical storms! Just wanted to say hello to you ladies and hope that you're having a great week. It's been so hectic this weekend with family and friends visiting for my son, Ethan's birthday celebration. It was nice to visit and see everyone but you know how it is when you're hosting and also having people stay over at your house. My brother in law is still in town and will be here for a week so trying to get my crafting and blog hopping done when I can. I plan to visit you all soon! If you want to see my little guy, I have a pic posted on my latest post! Enjoy the rest of the week! Hugs, Marcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #354  
Watercolor Wizard

New thread: come find us!!

FULL! **I dream of paper** Blog Group - CLOSED GROUP by KAcopan at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes