Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #1681  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone! Just an update for you all...............My grandma was hospitalized last Sunday. She had a mild heart attack and went home yesterday. We live in AZ and she lives in NY. She is 89 yrs old and lives independently. We hope that she can keep that up. That all being said this past week has been an up & down week with worry about her. We are extremely close but live to far away from each other. It is SO hard to communicate with Dr.'s when the patient (my grandma) does not realize she needs to put our name on all paperwork. I just hope she stays well and can stay in her own place. She is happiest there.

I passed the Liebster award on to some of you. To those that I passed it on to, enjoy the award and know that I understand if you do not want to repost it and do all the work that it involves. I would love it if you did it, but I totally understand if you do not. The amount of work was UNBELIEVABLE. LOL I worked on that post for over a week!! My hubby couldn't believe it either. LOL Anyway, ENJOY!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Dawn over at Dawn's Disaster is having a big giveaway. I am giving a $20 Disney Gift card. If any one is interested head on over to her blog. I do not think that there is much craft related items in the giveaway though.

I hope to work on Christmas cards some today. I was at a crop last Friday and worked on some. I am really in to coloring with the Mineral Spirits. It forgives my coloring errors.LOL

Tree trimming tonight @ my mom's and I am doing mine tomorrow. We call mine the "beast" because it is SUPER big. I LOVE this time of year. And yes I know we trim our trees REALLY early! LOL

Take care my friends! I hope things are well with everyone!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #1682  
Stampin' Fool

Soni, congrats on your win . Thanks, Brenda for the liebster award. I left some love for all of you and happy thanksgiving greetings . All caught up on blog posts. now to make something to post on my blog and think about what to post for the liebster award
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #1683  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #1684  
Pearl-ExPert

Hello everyone! Is everybody getting ready for Thanksgiving? We will be baking a couple of pies tomorrow night for the big day. Dinner will be at my Aunt's with all of my family. What are you all doing? Anyone cooking?? I have only hosted Thanksgiving once. I am always the Christmas hostess.

Just want you all to know how thankful I am for our little group and how much I enjoy our online friendship:-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I will be shopping til I drop on Friday!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #1685  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Hello Everyone! Just an update for you all...............My grandma was hospitalized last Sunday. She had a mild heart attack and went home yesterday. We live in AZ and she lives in NY. She is 89 yrs old and lives independently. We hope that she can keep that up. That all being said this past week has been an up & down week with worry about her. We are extremely close but live to far away from each other. It is SO hard to communicate with Dr.'s when the patient (my grandma) does not realize she needs to put our name on all paperwork. I just hope she stays well and can stay in her own place. She is happiest there.

I passed the Liebster award on to some of you. To those that I passed it on to, enjoy the award and know that I understand if you do not want to repost it and do all the work that it involves. I would love it if you did it, but I totally understand if you do not. The amount of work was UNBELIEVABLE. LOL I worked on that post for over a week!! My hubby couldn't believe it either. LOL Anyway, ENJOY!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Dawn over at Dawn's Disaster is having a big giveaway. I am giving a $20 Disney Gift card. If any one is interested head on over to her blog. I do not think that there is much craft related items in the giveaway though.

I hope to work on Christmas cards some today. I was at a crop last Friday and worked on some. I am really in to coloring with the Mineral Spirits. It forgives my coloring errors.LOL

Tree trimming tonight @ my mom's and I am doing mine tomorrow. We call mine the "beast" because it is SUPER big. I LOVE this time of year. And yes I know we trim our trees REALLY early! LOL

Brenda, keeping your grandmother in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she is doing well. That's hard to deal with medical stuff when so far away.

Thanks for the lie steer award. I haven't had time to pass it along. Soon!

DD1 came home last night from college. We have a day planned to bake some pies and watch Gone with the Wind.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #1686  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,079 Likes on 859 Posts

Quote:

Hi Brenda,

Sorry about your grandmom, but glad to hear that she is now home and I hope that she'll be okay there on her own. Does she have a lady friend that could either check up on her or maybe share her home?

I saw that about the Award. I was given one by someone else about a year or so ago, so you might consider sending it to someone else instead of me. I do think your award button is prettier than mine. :rolleyes: I didn't have to do all that question and answer stuff when I got mine.

Hope you were able to get your tree up and all decorated. I'm still on the fence about putting one up since I won't be in town for Christmas.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #1687  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello everyone! Is everybody getting ready for Thanksgiving? We will be baking a couple of pies tomorrow night for the big day. Dinner will be at my Aunt's with all of my family. What are you all doing? Anyone cooking?? I have only hosted Thanksgiving once. I am always the Christmas hostess.

Just want you all to know how thankful I am for our little group and how much I enjoy our online friendship:-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I will be shopping til I drop on Friday!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!
We are having Thanksgiving at my sister's house. She's the one with the big family and they have a huge workshop in their backyard where they set up 2 long rows of tables and chairs for everyone. The dinner is all spread out on the dining room table for the meal and kitchen table for desserts.

I'm making broccoli salad and brussel sprout slaw in addition to a couple of desserts.

The whole family is going shopping on Friday. We have an annual excursion to a place called Old Town Spring with little quaint shops. We spend the day there. It's something that has become a family tradition and we go every year. It's usually on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, but the young kids wanted to go and they are just out of school today so we decided on Friday. I'm also going Black Friday shopping at J.C. Penney's early before we head out to OTS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #1688  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Brenda, keeping your grandmother in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she is doing well. That's hard to deal with medical stuff when so far away.

Thanks for the lie steer award. I haven't had time to pass it along. Soon!

DD1 came home last night from college. We have a day planned to bake some pies and watch Gone with the Wind.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!
Nancy, I hope you are finally feeling better and able to enjoy being with your DD1 and the rest of the family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1689  
Quacker Stamper

Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Paper Bloggers! Hope you have an wonderful day tomorrow with family/friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #1690  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
May your day be blessed with Love and Good Food.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #1691  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
GM all . I hope to catch up on my visits saturday. I'll be in austin for thanksgiving atleast thru saturday. I've gotten so far behind.
Lucky Girl!

Safe trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #1692  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Brenda
Thank you for the award. I'll try to work on it next week. I take the month of December off to clear out the current year, get ready for the new year and just enjoy the holiday.

Nope, not too early for tree at all. Tradition has always been working on ours Thanksgiving week with the lights getting turned on after dinner on Thanksgiving. Not happening this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #1693  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #1694  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers! Hope everyone survived the holiday and the shopping. I did the Black Friday shopping, but only went to JC Penney's and did get most all the things that I wanted. It was crazy standing in the line to check out, but it was okay.

Went off with my family (19 of us) to a old shopping village we go to every year. Lots of fun and more shopping. Afterwards went back to my sis's house for leftovers.

Saturday was dinner with a GF and went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 - Fabulous!

Yesterday was low key, but went back to my sis's house and had dinner with the family again. My cousin was leaving this morning to go back to PA, so wanted to spend some more time with her.

Thanksgiving is our huge family time every year and it's a week of activities. I skipped going to Gator Country on Saturday with the rest of them. I don't do reptiles - not interested in gators (which were hibernating anyway) or snakes! EEEEK! I hate snakes.

Now it's back to work! Only 3 1/2 more weeks until I leave for Christmas vacation!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #1695  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving....mine was AWESOME :-)
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #1696  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

I finally got one more address to add to our mailing list, so I'll be finishing that up and sending to all of you. There's only one that I haven't heard from and she hasn't posted on her blog since October, so not sure what's going on with her. Maybe just busy with the Thanksgiving holiday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #1697  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Ladies!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Did anyone take advantage of early sales? I didn't go in search of sales. Just picked up things I'd have gone after - sales or not. Like my new issue of Cloth Paper Studios on Friday. Then Sunday a trip to Office Depot to get my writerly organization materials for the new briefcase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #1698  
Stazon Splitcoast

Although my blog is on hiatus until January 1st, I've not forgotten about the Blog Hop. I'll be posting an update on that by the end of the week.

In the mean time - think Valentine's Day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #1699  
Quacker Stamper

Glad that you had a good weekend Kelly.

Nancy, if you see this post, I need your e-mail address for our mailing list. I sent you a PM, but haven't heard from you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #1700  
Mini Quack

Hello, good morning...I know I have not been on here much, and mu blog reflects that ~

I had an 11 day visit from my oldest brother and his wife, it was great. We had a lot of family time with my girls and their families, their daughter and a couple of grand daughters stopped out too...

I am off to do some shopping today, but plan on being home tomorrow...I need to pack away the Autumn decor and move furniture for my Christmas tree ...
Tis The Season

Tho I am wondering how my 14 month old grand daughter will do around it~ I guess we shall see

I will try to get some thing up on my blog in a day or two... til then

Have a blessed day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #1701  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the well wishes about my Grandma. She is doing quite well. She has a few nieces that live in the area that have been stopping in and checking on her. Today she actually went out for an hour. Also, a nurse is coming by twice a week to check her blood pressure (which has been good). I think my grandma will be cancelling the nurse soon. Not much need for it. Her hope is to get back to all of her normal activities by the end of Dec. (Senior center twice a week, grocery shopping one day & church on Sunday. Not much, but she has no energy for it yet.) She takes a van to these things and a friend drives her to church. I am so thankful she is doing well.

I hope to craft all day tomorrow:-) I hope not to get distracted by other things such as laundry. I am in charge of my craft club's holiday party which is Wed. I am still working on those test tube treat holders. I will post a pic when they are done. This Saturday I am at an all day crop. It is with the group that always does great make & takes. Should be fun.

I took a tumble off of my kitchen counter last weekend. I was decorating above my kitchen cupboard and fell off the counter...........completely missed the chair that I was to step down on. I am happy to report that nothing is broken, I was just bruised and sore. The first thing I thought of was that my arms were NOT broken and I could craft. LOL Forget the fact that I type as part of my day job. It is all about the crafting. LOL

Well that's it for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #1702  
Pearl-ExPert

@ Maggie---You were lucky not to have to do all the question & answer stuff when you got your award. It was a lot of work. LOL Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. I saw your pics on Facebook and it looked like a wonderful time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #1703  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni BView Post
Hello, good morning...I know I have not been on here much, and mu blog reflects that ~

I had an 11 day visit from my oldest brother and his wife, it was great. We had a lot of family time with my girls and their families, their daughter and a couple of grand daughters stopped out too...

I am off to do some shopping today, but plan on being home tomorrow...I need to pack away the Autumn decor and move furniture for my Christmas tree ...
Tis The Season

Tho I am wondering how my 14 month old grand daughter will do around it~ I guess we shall see

I will try to get some thing up on my blog in a day or two... til then

Have a blessed day
Can't wait to hear how the grand daughter does with the tree. Does she have her Christmas dress/outfit yet? My Aunt always got my daughter her Christmas outfit. I have saved every dress. They are too pretty to part with. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #1704  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Although my blog is on hiatus until January 1st, I've not forgotten about the Blog Hop. I'll be posting an update on that by the end of the week.

In the mean time - think Valentine's Day
I am still excited about our hop!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #1705  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2View Post
Good Morning! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving....mine was AWESOME :-)
Mine was great! Glad to hear that you had a good one. Next up, Christmas! WOO-HOO! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #1706  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls!

November is over with. Once I get this feature for Polymer Cafe off to the editor my December can slow down. Whooo Hoooo!

I need to get caught up with you guys, do some visiting and get out the info about the Blog Hop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #1707  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart BLOG HOP DATE SURVEY

Okay girls....

Here is my thought. Do the Blog Hop the first week in February. Since we're doing a Valentine/ Love theme... this will give viewers a chance to be inspired by our creations for Valentine's Day.

So here's the question

Do we want to run it like from Friday - Monday. Then do our drawings on Tuesday morning? I'm thinking Friday Feb. 1- Monday 4th. Draw on the 5th. If we have our prizes packaged and ready to mail. We can put the winner's address on the package and mail it next day. Which means they could feasibly get their goodies in time to use them for last minute Valentine's projects.

Your Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 AM   #1708  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the well wishes about my Grandma. She is doing quite well. She has a few nieces that live in the area that have been stopping in and checking on her. Today she actually went out for an hour. Also, a nurse is coming by twice a week to check her blood pressure (which has been good). I think my grandma will be cancelling the nurse soon. Not much need for it. Her hope is to get back to all of her normal activities by the end of Dec. (Senior center twice a week, grocery shopping one day & church on Sunday. Not much, but she has no energy for it yet.) She takes a van to these things and a friend drives her to church. I am so thankful she is doing well.

I hope to craft all day tomorrow:-) I hope not to get distracted by other things such as laundry. I am in charge of my craft club's holiday party which is Wed. I am still working on those test tube treat holders. I will post a pic when they are done. This Saturday I am at an all day crop. It is with the group that always does great make & takes. Should be fun.

I took a tumble off of my kitchen counter last weekend. I was decorating above my kitchen cupboard and fell off the counter...........completely missed the chair that I was to step down on. I am happy to report that nothing is broken, I was just bruised and sore. The first thing I thought of was that my arms were NOT broken and I could craft. LOL Forget the fact that I type as part of my day job. It is all about the crafting. LOL

Well that's it for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Take care.

Owwwiieee Brenda.
First thing I thought of is that we must be related. I did that a lot in my 'younger' days. LOL I guess I learned the hard way because I don't do it so often any more.

As to your first thoughts... you're funny! LOL Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #1709  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Sounds good to me Kelly! I'm looking forward to this :-)
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #1710  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Okay girls....

Here is my thought. Do the Blog Hop the first week in February. Since we're doing a Valentine/ Love theme... this will give viewers a chance to be inspired by our creations for Valentine's Day.

So here's the question

Do we want to run it like from Friday - Monday. Then do our drawings on Tuesday morning? I'm thinking Friday Feb. 1- Monday 4th. Draw on the 5th. If we have our prizes packaged and ready to mail. We can put the winner's address on the package and mail it next day. Which means they could feasibly get their goodies in time to use them for last minute Valentine's projects.

Your Thoughts?
Sounds good to me. I hope I'm better organized by then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #1711  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay girls....

So here's the question

Your Thoughts?
Sounds good but I will need lots of time to get prepared and get my posts scheduled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #1712  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart LOVE IS IN THE AIR Blog Hop

I know it's the holidays and I don't expect you to work on this now but I did want you to have it in the back of your brain. I'll remind you again later ;-)

POSTS for the Blog Hop should be ready to go LIVE by Friday February 1st at 7 a.m. If you are on Blogger, you can set them to Auto-Post. If you don't know how, Maggie or I can walk you through that. If you need to set it the night before you go to bed, that's fine too.

THE ONE thing that drives me nuts is to go on a blog hop, click on one of the participants links only to find they've NOT POSTED! I don't want that to be an issue with our group.

Michelle is working on the button and said she'll have it for us in January.

*** If there is anyone NOT planning to participate in the HOP, please PM so I'll know NOT to put you on the link list. I say PM because I don't want to miss your notification.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #1713  
Stazon Splitcoast

Noted Kelly...thanks Hun :-)

May I have your address please...with sugar on top?
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #1714  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm such a dunce. I have the mailing list all ready. I was waiting to hear from Nancy because I don't have her e-mail address to add to the list, but I'm going to go ahead and send the list out to everyone without it. I'll PM the list to Nancy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #1715  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Maggie :-D
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #1716  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, sorry I didn't realize you wanted email addresses!!!!!! I must have missed a post. You should have pm'ed me or hit me on the head or something!!

Last edited by nhagen; 12-06-2012 at 09:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #1717  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

done ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #1718  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Maggie, sorry I didn't realize you wanted email addresses!!!!!! I must have missed a post. You should have pm'ed me or hit me on the head or something!!
Well, I did send out PM's to everyone that I didn't have, but it probably got lost and then I posted here on the blog, but guess you missed it. Anyway, it's all okay now. I got yours and am sending the revised list back out to everyone. The only other one I never heard from was Francie (Inky Palms)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1719  
Stampin' Fool

Heart Kelly or Maggie

i would love to know how to autopost . I dont always get on here and to set up the next post would be good .

Quote:

I know it's the holidays and I don't expect you to work on this now but I did want you to have it in the back of your brain. I'll remind you again later ;-)

POSTS for the Blog Hop should be ready to go LIVE by Friday February 1st at 7 a.m. If you are on Blogger, you can set them to Auto-Post. If you don't know how, Maggie or I can walk you through that. If you need to set it the night before you go to bed, that's fine too.

THE ONE thing that drives me nuts is to go on a blog hop, click on one of the participants links only to find they've NOT POSTED! I don't want that to be an issue with our group.

Michelle is working on the button and said she'll have it for us in January.

*** If there is anyone NOT planning to participate in the HOP, please PM so I'll know NOT to put you on the link list. I say PM because I don't want to miss your notification.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #1720  
Stazon Splitcoast

The autopost wold be on your blog. I know blogger has it but not sure about the other ones.
Reply With Quote Likes