Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #2721  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good morning!! Woke up at 4:30 with a start and not a clue why! I literally bolted upright and couldn't go back to sleep - watched the SON come up on what I hope to be a beautiful day!

Heading out in a bit to service and from there to a Girl Scout Silver award with my dd13 ... wishing it wasn't postponed from last month to today but what can you do but roll with it

Congrats on your new computer, Maxine!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #2722  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Happy Sunday!!!

Oh Kellie- I hate it when that happens!

Maggie- Congrats on the win- I just saw the top three- w/Paige and did not read any further- how fun!

Maxine- enjoy the new computer!

I am off to create and have a horrible sinus headache- so slow to accomplish anything...... It's allergy season- what can I say!

Tomorrow is the day the new siding goes up- happy to be (gone) working- but have to go around and take everything off the walls today.

Looking forward to the Good Wife season Premier tonight- anyone else watch the Good Wife??? We love it....!

Have a great day!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #2723  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back!!! Jim's sister and husband came in on Thursday and left this morning about 10:00. At 11:00 his son, wife, and three kids hit. At 12:30 his other son, wife, and three kids hit! I'M SICK OF PEOPLE!!!!! LOL! I've just tired not to even look at the house and sat down here to start commenting on DT commitments and all the other blogs - and have completely run out of steam!!! I really think I'll just get my pj's on and go to bed (it's only 4:15 p.m.) Not really! I may get around to everyone's blog today and then again maybe not. Will try to catch up more tomorrow!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #2724  
Forum Fanatic

Received 443 Likes on 299 Posts

Good Morning! Happy Monday (did I really just say that? What was I thinking? LOL)

Well, this will be a lonnnnggg week for us at the office. Our Fall conference runs Weds-Friday, down in Rhode Island. Lots of on-the-feet hours on those marble hotel floors. My feet are getting too old for that.

But at least I got myself inky this weekend to help balance out my life. ;)

I see some winners here, way to go Maggie & Paige!

Lynn: that is a lot of company! Keep calm & carry on!

Shelly: good luck with the new siding. Hopefully it goes smoothly and you get a new looking house in no time!

Maxine: hooray for your new computer! I agree, what a pain to load all of the new programs and data into it. But so nice once it's all finished.

Waving to you all. I will try to check in when I can this week, but fun time will be minimal until Saturday. Be well everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #2725  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,931 Likes on 3,825 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Lynn, isn't it funny how we get tired of people even though we love to see them. I know I do.

Darlene, rest your feet while you can!

Crazy week in my life - we will be gone Thursday through Saturday, so I'm trying to do 7 days of stuff in 4 days. EEK!!!

Hugs for all!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #2726  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy October!!!

Good morning to all ~ Lynn, slow down

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #2727  
Die Cut Diva

I'm FINALLY slowing down some. I told Jim I did not want to see another single person for at least a week! LOL! Hopefully I can get all the computer stuff done today and then maybe make a card of two. I haven't posted since last Tuesday! Yikes!

Shelly, hope you like the siding....and Darlene and Jeanette - have fun.............

Discussion of the Week!

We each have our own separate style of card making.....I just got my last issue of Papercraft magazine last week and noticed that everything in it is Clean and Simple!!! What a change this is from the way I learned all this. When my friend taught me how to stamp it was all about layers, layers, layers.......and I still like that style. I like the CAS too but always feel that it "needs more" - and besides that, I seem to run out of ideas really quick on them.............SO - what's your "style" and do you think you could completely change styles. When you do something different like CAS or distressing, etc...are you comfortable in that?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #2728  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,072 Likes on 854 Posts

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Wow! What a busy weekend. I did have time last night and this morning to get around to bloggers blogs and leave comments.

I worked on a card for PSC over the weekend and finally got it the way I wanted it and then I left a smudge right in the middle of it when I stamped something on it, so now I have to redo it. Luckily I can take pieces off of it and just run the background and then put it back together. Ugh!

Kelly, hope you were able to sleep better last night. How did the GS Awards program go?

I've been trying to get this posted since early this morning. Doesn't look like it's going to happen so I'll just post this and get to the rest of it later. Busy day at the office today. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #2729  
Quacker Stamper

Style is so hard! I'm with you Lynn. I find it really hard to do CAS. I too always feel like it's missing something. I like to fill up my card space with flowers, bling, flourishes, leaves, tags, etc. Anything and everything. I do love vintage cards though, but usually not the CAS type. I'd like to work on more clean cards though because I think you're more apt to get published with simple design cards. And now, that's my main goal is getting published in a magazine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #2730  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #2731  
Die Cut Diva

Has everyone just left our group? Hope you're having a good evening.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #2732  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It sure has been quiet here today, hasn't it?
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #2733  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #2734  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

It's been a busy 2 days. You must remember that I'm working all day. Last night a GF stopped by and we had a nice chat. Then I had to do my blog post for PSC. Those blog posts take a lot of time to put together especially when I want to submit a card for challenges. Takes time to go through the Feline Playful list to see what the current challenges are.

For some reason, last night I was especially tired. I was afraid I was going to fall asleep right in the middle of my blog post. Then I noticed this morning when I didn't see it on my blog, that I had scheduled it for tonight instead of last night. I had to go fix that this morning.

But, Yippee! I"m off work today! Took a play day. I slept in til about 7:15 and got a whopping 9 hours of sleep. Got lots on my list of things to do today. Fed the outside kitties and sat outside for about 1/2 hour with them and just enjoyed the cool morning and the beautiful sunshine. I love doing that and don't get to do it as often as I'd like. There's always something else that has to be done. Another reason I can't wait to retire.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #2735  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, glad you decided to take off the day......sometimes you just NEED that to re-group and rest! I know what you mean about blog posts.....it takes me a long time too. In fact I was just telling Jim at lunch today that I don't have any idea how some of the ladies post a card every day of the week!!! It takes me so long to come up with an idea, then get it together, then take a photo of it, and THEN get it on the blog! And I have all day to do it in!!!!!

The weekend is coming up though and so maybe everyone will have a little more time then!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #2736  
Quacker Stamper

Here it is 3:30 and I haven't even made it into my stamp room yet. Went out to the store to Costco and walked all around the store looking at stuff. Would not believe how much $$ I spent, but I stocked up on a lot of stuff. Great food storage and not food storage. I also bought a new 2 in 1 cutter - has a guillotine and a rotary cutter on it with 4 decorative blades.

After that I figured I better balance my checking account and make sure I still had $$ left in it. :rolleyes:

Now, I think I'm off to my stamp room. I do have an appointment out later tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #2737  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hiya! Sorry Lynn that I haven't been as active - life keeps getting in the way of that! My 4 kids are full steam ahead with their schedules and since we don't have buses, it's up to me to get them to 3 different schools home and back each way - I spend A LOT of time on the road. At least it's not 4 diff. schools anymore and 2 of them are at the same High School

Then add on rehearsals for Opera and All-State, TaeKwanDo, Girl Scouts, Small group church meetings, so on and so forth - and my bible study church group, Yoga and being in training for a 5K at the end of this month, reviewing 8 books before the end of the month and not even having TIME to read .... sadly, not much time left for crafting and blogging, cleaning, cooking and ironing, etc! :( I'm super tired and last night just crashed in the middle of a book review - woke up and didn't have a clue what I typed, lol! Glad I didn't launch it and just rewrote it this morning :rolleyes:

Sorry, sounds like I'm whining! I'm not I just really do plan to be here more often, but 'life' gets in the way!

Dinner is on the stove - tonight is a yummy lemon chicken from a recipe my dd and I brought back from Spain on our Europe trip two years ago My dh convinced me to ask the chef to tell us exactly how he made it and he thought I was some dumb blonde tourist and told me all the secret ingredients - don't think he realized I am fully bilingual, LOL!! And guess what - it's an exact match!!
We put it over linguini and it is so fresh and light and yummy ....... can't wait for dinner tonight!

Blessings to all ~ even if I can't stop by daily, I do think of you and send big hugs your way! x0x0

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #2738  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, nothing to apologize for AT ALL!!! I don't see how in the world you manage everything! I wouldn't have even thought about doing this when the kids were young, I was working, and running around like a chicken with my head cut off ninety per cent of the time! LOL! My hat's off to you!

Maggie, hope you got some "ME" time in today! And Costco.....oh, I love!!!! And yes, every time we go we spend a small fortune too - but it's so worth it!! We haven't been in a while and I'm getting the itch!

Hope everyone has a good evening.
LYnn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #2739  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Whew- life just flies by- remember when you were a kid, and a year took eons to inch by......?

Maggie- what an awesome day- fun to start it with taking time to relax and enjoy the kitties : ) Costco....I cannot go there- I spend too much $$$.....
I am with you on the blog posting- wow- some blogs people post alot and link to soooo many challenges. My last post- no challenges- yikes!

As for card making style....CAS- NOT! I think it is the hardest card style to make! I like my TJ techniques too much!

I worked today and then went to water exercise- that was wonderful. Came home at 8PM...too tired to stay up late....... But I am off tomorrow- lots to accomplish!

Did anyone watch the debates? 34 more days to go, then we do not have to listen to all of the adds, etc anymore...... Yippie!

Kellie- makes me tired just reading what you have to do- and makes me miss it a bit too- the kids grow up so fast! Ahhhhhh..... That lemon Chicken sounds Delicious! : )

Ok- off to bed....... sweet dreams

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #2740  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 323 Likes on 213 Posts

Hi girls - for some reason SCS wouldn't let me on. I changed my password yet again and I am here.... it has been some saga with the computers - still no100% but I am predominantly working on the new one.
I did get a couple of cards made the other day, but have not blogged them yet.

Style - basically CAS, and I am loving that it is currently 'in vogue', but I can do vintage and love distressing.... I am fairly eclectic in my style, but tend to keep things fairly 'clean'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #2741  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. It was great to have the day off, didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to, but 2 more days and then a nice weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #2742  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - for some reason SCS wouldn't let me on. I changed my password yet again and I am here.... it has been some saga with the computers - still no100% but I am predominantly working on the new one.
I did get a couple of cards made the other day, but have not blogged them yet.

Style - basically CAS, and I am loving that it is currently 'in vogue', but I can do vintage and love distressing.... I am fairly eclectic in my style, but tend to keep things fairly 'clean'.
I was having some computer issues yesterday also. Not sure what was going on, but it seems to be working okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #2743  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

FYI - My two guys and I are going on a little trip.... so you won't see me here for a few days. I will miss you!

Hugs for all!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #2744  
Quacker Stamper

Have a great time Jeanette!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #2745  
Hardware Hotshot

Enjoy your time away Jeanette.

I have one sick DH (he has chronic health problems, a legacy of smoking) - had a lousy night with that, and the cat deciding to remove a fur ball at 2:20 a.m. I would value some prayers from those of you who are praying folk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #2746  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

-Jeanette- have a great trip. Kellie-- praying for sleep, health and some peace!
-Maxine- I have my password to SCS as 'remember me'- and on occasion it makes me sign in and I go nuts- I have to figure out - what is it?
-It is cooling down here- it was nice earlier- in the 70's- but mostly 50's and 60's and the leaves are changing colors: ) It is sooo pretty!
-I am working extra tomorrow- one of the nurses with kids at home wanted to spend the day with them since they have a long weekend- it won't kill me..... it's only 8 hours......
-I have a couple of ATC swaps coming up- one is fun- we use different techniques and then you have samples of different ideas- some I would like to try, others-not so much. This month is stencils...... So, I am thinking about what to do. At the sale 2 weeks ago, I found a little box of stencils- tons of them- for $2.00 - that is an excellent bargain- I can't wait to dig into that one.....
-OK- off to make dinner.
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #2747  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Enjoy your time away Jeanette.

I have one sick DH (he has chronic health problems, a legacy of smoking) - had a lousy night with that, and the cat deciding to remove a fur ball at 2:20 a.m. I would value some prayers from those of you who are praying folk.
Sending up prayers for you guys. Hope DH gets to feeling somewhat better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #2748  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sending hugs + prayers your way, Maxine. I knoq what it is to have a sick husband :'( xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #2749  
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, hope you have a fun and safe trip!
Maxine........prayers being sent your way!!!
I'm not even going to say "I'm not having computer issues" - because if I did, I KNOW what would happen!!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #2750  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I had to stop back- realized Maxine is the one that asked for prayers for hubby...... sorry for the mix up.....

Off to bed- working tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #2751  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for the prayers - the meds have kicked in and he is responding well, better than I thought he may :-). Your support is vital and very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #2752  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Glad to hear that DH is responding to his meds Maxine. Always good news. I really believe in the power of prayer and the good that it can do.

TGIF!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #2753  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Amen, Maggie! The power of prayer is a beautiful thing!!!

Good morning, all!

QOTW: CAS is hard for me I LOVE IT. I just stink at it! I see all these gorgeous OSW cards and think "I can do that!' I try it and say "Uh, no I can't", lol! My card style is definitely LAYERS - lots of lots of layers!! I try to always do the inside of my cards, too - for me, it just looks so much more polished and one I started, I couldn't stop!

I don't know how people blog a card a day either - I can barely get one up a week and it takes all day just to do that

We're heading out for the weekend and won't be back til Sunday so I hope you all have a blessed, fun weekend! x0x0

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #2754  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, glad you husband is doing better!
Kelly - have a fun and safe trip.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #2755  
Hardware Hotshot

I have a celebratory lunch to go to today - it is the 30th anniversary of our local Embroidery Guild, and as a past president I got an invite - those were the days before lace making and then card making seduced me :-).

Hopefully I can do some crafting tomorrow, Sunday, afternoon. That is my most regular craft time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #2756  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maxine, glad you husband is doing better!
Kelly - have a fun and safe trip.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

Lynn
I have a sort of free weekend. And I'm planning to do a lot of cardmaking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #2757  
Die Cut Diva

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, yesterday Jim and I cut huge dead limbs off a tree in the front. loaded them, and then hauled it off......I'm so sore I can hardly move! MUCH too old for that sort of stuff.
This morning, we're loading up a truck load of junk that needs to go to the landfill.......another long day it seems! Hopefully this afternoon I'll be able to get in my laundry room and clean up the craft table. No stamping until that's finished!!!

Will check back in later.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #2758  
Forum Fanatic

Hello to my fellow Addicts!! How is everyone?

I see that Jeanette is on a trip.

And that I missed supporting Maxine while her DH had a bad spell. Prayers tonight & tomorrow during church for you both my dear!

Lynn, rest up and try not to do so much hard work in your yard. Be careful, ok?

Maggie, sounds like you had a productive day off, good thinking to take one every now & then.

Kelly, you are busy as usual. Enjoy the kids and all of their activities.

What a grueling week at work this was. Glad that it's over and I should have more time for a life - and being here on SCS! I miss everyone when work swallows me whole, LOL

I've been thinking of starting back up the TAT challenge, what do you all think? I have an idea, not a hard one. Maybe we can start off with that. Let me know if you're game! (for any new addicts, TAT is "Try a Technique". We usually give ourselves about a month to post a card with the technique if agreeing to participate in that month. no pressure, just a fun nudge) ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #2759  
Hardware Hotshot

That challenge sounds great Darlene.

Thank you all for the prayers - DH is doing well, albeit some of the improvement is actually due to prednisone - but the antibiotics are also kicking in too.

I have managed one card for WCMD, which I made today - I have just blogged it :-) At least I got it done after church and mowing the lawns before the rain comes - again!!

Hope you have all had/are having a great weekend and have managed some craft time in it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 AM   #2760  
Forum Fanatic

Morning all!! Maxine, just visited your blog and there sure is lots to love there!

Reply With Quote Likes