Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #2001  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,946 Likes on 3,839 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #2002  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Good morning Stamp Addicts. I'm determined to blog hop today!

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #2003  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #2004  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Just got around to all your blogs. You guys are doing some fabulous work! Love looking at everything and getting inspiration for my own crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #2005  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morning (almost afternoon) everyone!!!

Shelly, how is your daughter after her dental surgery!!!!!!!?????????? Hope all went ok!

Maggie - I just heard from my son (who lives in Dallas) that Houston got A TON of rain yesterday! Hope y'all didn't have any flooding.

Going to try to do a little crafting today..........

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #2006  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Morning (almost afternoon) everyone!!!

Shelly, how is your daughter after her dental surgery!!!!!!!?????????? Hope all went ok!

Maggie - I just heard from my son (who lives in Dallas) that Houston got A TON of rain yesterday! Hope y'all didn't have any flooding.

Going to try to do a little crafting today..........

Lynn
Thanks Lynn. I didn't get flooded in my subdivision exceopt on Thursday morning I had to go out the back way because the way I usually go was flooded. A little to the NW of me got 14" over the last 2 days.

I just finished organizing my closet. I like to have a shirt/blouse with each pair of slacks so I can just grab something to put on. Got that all fixed up and weeded out some things that are a little too small. Not tossing them, just going to put them in the trunk. I'm determined to lose some of this tummy blubber. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #2007  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 327 Likes on 216 Posts

Morning fellow Addicts - it's Sunday here and the past two days have been hectic - loved the workshop, and was like a kid in a candy store afterwards when I had time to spend my $$$ - distress inks and stains and spellbinders were all on 'special'............... needless to say I came home 'broke' :-)))
Yesterday we went and spent time with family (DS and his family) who live about an hour away. 2 year old boys are no longer cuddly!!, but fun for all that. Now I have caught up on emails etc, I hope to spend the afternoon 'creating'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #2008  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, sounds like you had a good time at the workshop/show! It's always fun spending money on stuff we NEED! LOL! Glad you had fun at your son's house too. Two years old's aren't cuddly - but sure are cute!

And....guess I'll say Good Morning to you - although it's Saturday night here. So hard for me to wrap my mind around the different times/days like that!
What kind of weather do y'all have over there?

I sat in my "laundry" room all afternoon almost - and didn't create a single thing! Man or man, my mind has gone completely BLANK!!! Nothing was coming to me - I even looked at all the sketches/challenges/etc....and nada!!! I've GOT to get with the program tomorrow though.........maybe some type of inspiration will come to me while I'm sleeping tonight.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #2009  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Lynn and all,
We are in the middle of winter here - and today is wet wet wet and cool - 12 oC.

I am about to head out to my craft space and try and get something done - I have downloaded and printed a couple of images that I need to get onto cards and away!

When I try to think about stamping and cards in bed I end up not sleeping!! Hope your muse touches you while you sleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #2010  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hello to all! Dropping in quickly to say hello. My daughter did OK with surgery- she is REALLY swollen- she still cannot touch her teeth together.... I am hoping she will turn the corner tomorrow-day 3. She has a 1/2 marathon next Sunday and is anxious to run again.

Yesterday, I stayed home with her- did phone call 'errands' and did chores around the house, then a friend came here last night to stamp- she left at 1AM..... I took a Tattered Angles class today 8AM-5PM, came home, took a nap then went out for dinner. I am taking a Donna Downey class on Monday- so looking forward to that.

Lynn- I hear ya- when we go to my parents, only room for one family, so it is always a challenge if more than 2 of us travel there..... we have 7 kids in my family too- so there is never a dull moment! LOL

Maxine- sounds cold! I hope you got some time in the craft room with your new goodies!

Lynn- I did that yesterday too- my intention was to clean- but I get too overwhelmed with where to put all of the stuff.....! I have to say, I won 4 blog candies in the past couple of weeks- huge box came today with gorgeous stuff- so I have to decide- should I keep all of the old stuff I have I do not use? I am thinking if I sort out some stuff, should I sell it, gift it, put it all on e-bay? Or save it? LOL As soon as I get rid of it, will I need it? Hmmmmmm

Maggie- you are so funny- I sort my closet by clothes eg pants, tops, sweaters, etc....- I am so spoiled- I wear scrubs to work- like wearing PJ's.....

Marilyn- you are getting the heat too? I always think the weather in Canada would be 20 or so cooler than Chicago! I am with you about staying inside- in the air conditioning.

Kelly- have fun at Disney!

Everyone else- hope all is well.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #2011  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #2012  
Hardware Hotshot

Good Monday afternoon - it's wet and blowing again today............ time to craft!!

Glad to hear your daughter's surgery went well Shelly - sounds as though you may be in crafting heaven...

cleaning - what's that?? My main storage problem is where to put all my new stash from my shopping spree on Friday!!

Stay cool all you in the heat :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #2013  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #2014  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Morning fellow Addicts - it's Sunday here and the past two days have been hectic - loved the workshop, and was like a kid in a candy store afterwards when I had time to spend my $$$ - distress inks and stains and spellbinders were all on 'special'............... needless to say I came home 'broke' :-)))
Yesterday we went and spent time with family (DS and his family) who live about an hour away. 2 year old boys are no longer cuddly!!, but fun for all that. Now I have caught up on emails etc, I hope to spend the afternoon 'creating'
Sounds like a good weekend Maxine. Yes, there comes a time when little boys are no longer babies. Want to be out on their own.

Glad you had fun at the workshop and got some new goodies to play with. If Spellbinders were on sale, I'd be all over those. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #2015  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, sounds like you had a good time at the workshop/show! It's always fun spending money on stuff we NEED! LOL! Glad you had fun at your son's house too. Two years old's aren't cuddly - but sure are cute!

And....guess I'll say Good Morning to you - although it's Saturday night here. So hard for me to wrap my mind around the different times/days like that!
What kind of weather do y'all have over there?

I sat in my "laundry" room all afternoon almost - and didn't create a single thing! Man or man, my mind has gone completely BLANK!!! Nothing was coming to me - I even looked at all the sketches/challenges/etc....and nada!!! I've GOT to get with the program tomorrow though.........maybe some type of inspiration will come to me while I'm sleeping tonight.

Lynn
I finally worked on a project last night for a submission call coming up soon. I was trying to print off some images for a couple other projects, and the computer just wasn't co-operating, so in frustration I finally turned it off and went to bed. Did sleep better than I have for a few days, so I guess that was good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:14 AM   #2016  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all! Dropping in quickly to say hello. My daughter did OK with surgery- she is REALLY swollen- she still cannot touch her teeth together.... I am hoping she will turn the corner tomorrow-day 3. She has a 1/2 marathon next Sunday and is anxious to run again.

Yesterday, I stayed home with her- did phone call 'errands' and did chores around the house, then a friend came here last night to stamp- she left at 1AM..... I took a Tattered Angles class today 8AM-5PM, came home, took a nap then went out for dinner. I am taking a Donna Downey class on Monday- so looking forward to that.

Lynn- I did that yesterday too- my intention was to clean- but I get too overwhelmed with where to put all of the stuff.....! I have to say, I won 4 blog candies in the past couple of weeks- huge box came today with gorgeous stuff- so I have to decide- should I keep all of the old stuff I have I do not use? I am thinking if I sort out some stuff, should I sell it, gift it, put it all on e-bay? Or save it? LOL As soon as I get rid of it, will I need it? Hmmmmmm

Maggie- you are so funny- I sort my closet by clothes eg pants, tops, sweaters, etc....- I am so spoiled- I wear scrubs to work- like wearing PJ's.....

Everyone else- hope all is well.

Shelly
Glad the surgery went well. Hope she is feeling much better today. Not a fun thing. How is she with eating? Is she on liquids?

Seems to me you are always taking some class or other. Sounds like lots of fun. Are these online? WOO HOO on winning all that candy! Lots of fun. Always nice to get new goodies to play with.

Oh, I would love to wear scrubs to work. We do now get to wear jeans or casual to work on Fridays, so that's been a nice change. Our former OM would never have gone for that.

I was having computer issues last night, so I finally just closed it all down in frustration. I just can't figure out why this is happening. Hopefully I'll be able to get some work done tonight.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #2017  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #2018  
Die Cut Diva

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

Sounds like everyone survived the weekend! Glad the surgery was ok Shelly and hopefully the swelling will go down soon.

Moving right along around here..................it's time again for the...........

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!

Since Maxine had such a wonderful shopping trip and Shelly won all that fantastic candy, I thought maybe we need to go with some type of organization topic today, SO...

How you you store your 6X6 paper pads/packs??????? Is this easier than the 12X12 pieces and have you ever considered cutting up all that 12X12 stuff into smaller pieces in order to store better ( if I'm not mistaken, Shelly mentioned she may do this) ? AND, do you prefer the 12X12, 8 1/2 X 11, or 6X6 paper?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #2019  
Quacker Stamper

I have a milk carton crate that sits next to my table where I keep my pads of 6 x 6 papers. Once I start using them, I like to slip the pad and scraps into a Ziploc baggie so everything stays together. I tried keeping them in alpha order, but that just doesn't work. I am usually pulling a bunch out going through them and then just sticking them back into the grate. I'm telling you though, it is almost full to overflowing. I just love buying the pads because then I can just pick a couple different papers for a project and they all go together.

My SU 12 x 12 I keep in plastic paper keepers. My BG and other 12 x 12 I have in a roller cart that has drawers and they are all in one drawer. My Christmas paper is kept separate in the large 2" thick hard plastic paper keepers.

No, I will never cut apart my 12 x 12 paper. I may need a larter size someday for something and I want to make sure I have a large enough size. Some of my BG collections I have in both, but these days mostly I'm just buying the 6 x 6 sizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #2020  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, sounds like you're very organized!
Do you label the zip lock bags or just put them in there and then search through them?

I have mine in a wicker basket - but "my basket runneth over"~~~ LOL! I hadn't thought to put them in zip locks - but will do that this evening so I can keep all the little scraps organized with them too! (Thanks for that idea!)

I'm really liking the 6X6's and about the only time I'll buy 12X12 is from SU - and I notice that some of theirs are going to 6X6 now. Which is very good! I guess if you scrapbook though, you have to have the 12X12 - I've just never done that.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #2021  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, sounds like you're very organized!
Do you label the zip lock bags or just put them in there and then search through them?

I have mine in a wicker basket - but "my basket runneth over"~~~ LOL! I hadn't thought to put them in zip locks - but will do that this evening so I can keep all the little scraps organized with them too! (Thanks for that idea!)

I'm really liking the 6X6's and about the only time I'll buy 12X12 is from SU - and I notice that some of theirs are going to 6X6 now. Which is very good! I guess if you scrapbook though, you have to have the 12X12 - I've just never done that.

Lynn
I wish I were more organized. I do NOT label the ziplocs because I can see right through the package to see what it is. It just keeps all the little pieces together.

I didn't realize that SU was coming out with 6 x 6 size. That's smart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #2022  
Die Cut Diva

Didn't mean to give the wrong impression Maggie - but I read somewhere that SU was looking at doing the small paper packs - and I notice in the upcoming Christmas catty they have one that's not 6X6 but 4 1/2 by 6 1/2. HOPEFULLY they'll start having more now.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #2023  
Hardware Hotshot

Hmmm - I buy 6x6 and so far have kept them horizontal in a tray - but that only shows how little I have :-), as I have no where locally to buy them. I often make my own backgrounds, and as on my latest card I have used photographs printed onto copy paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #2024  
Forum Fanatic

Received 445 Likes on 301 Posts

Welcome Maxine!! I've been missing a lot on SCS for the past 4-5 weeks, but hope to stop that trend beginning this week! (woo hoo for getting my life back!)

I'm Darlene, wife of 30 yrs, mother of 2 grown children, no grandkids yet. We've done various pets, but at the moment have 2 birds: a lovebird and a budgie, and they provide loads of entertainment for us!

I live in New Hampshire, USA, and have been on the East Coast for about 26 years now. Prior to that we lived in Washington State, near the ocean.

Like Kelly, I love the ocean and also the mountains.

I've been stamping for about 10 years now. For the first 5 years or so mostly on my own, buying books and learning various techniques from the books. Somehow SCS escaped my radar. A few years ago I found SCS and was quickly hooked!

I have a professional position and sometimes the responsibilities demand a lot of my time, hence my absences on SCS at times. I am so glad that you've joined us and I will add you to my blog right away. I have learned so much from the Stamp Addicts, and am indebted to their generosity with their talents!

Shelly: praying that DD feels some relief from her surgery today!

Everyone: I've missed chatting with you and really look forward to participating regularly again! Have a great Tuesday!

Quote:

Woo Hoo!!!!!!

We have a new member!!! Everyone please give a warm welcome our new member, Maxine Diffey!! Maxine's blog address is Kiwime's Kreations.

Maxine, we're so glad you have you join us! We're pretty laid back around here but love to chat.
Not any strict rules at all.......we do try to comment on each others blog at least one time per week and check in here too at least once a week also.

So everyone either needs to add Maxine to their sidebar or become a follower or both (how ever you want to do it).

Again, welcome to our group Maxine!

Lynn

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #2025  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Welcome back, Darlene! We missed you!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #2026  
Die Cut Diva

Glad you popped back in Darlene!!! And glad you're ok.....was starting to get worried about you since we hadn't heard from you in a while!

I just HAD to tell everyone about this WIN I had!!! I told Jim last night after I was notified and of course he said....what did you win? Well, nothing.........but.........I was one of the top three picks at Pals Paper Arts!!!! How cool is that! Maybe some of my luck will start changing now! Jim said it would have been better if I'd won some money to help pay for all the stuff I order! MEN!!!!! LOL

Hope everyone has a good day.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #2027  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Congratulations, Lynn!! That is awesome! But I'm not surprised - your work rocks!!

And we are home! We had a great time - no rain and apparently we side stepped everyone at the parks - meaning they were at one while we were at another, lol ... the kids had a blast, it was HOT as blazes, though! We actually leave again this Friday since we had to take our 2 week vacation and break it up, so lots of back and forth but no one is complaining.

As for the QOTD, I keep my 12 x 12's in various ways: some are in Cropper Hopper paper keepers upright on a shelf, those are mostly the SU! packs, and some bound packs: My LSS bought papers and loose ones are in a wooden shelf on my desk that I bought and TREASURE from The Container Store, and then I have all my card stocks on a shelf or in a seperate paper holder bin that has wheels and rolls around. I have used so much of my hoarded paper in the past year that i can finally see the diminishing of it so my 'use what you have' theory is definitely put to play!

Darlene - so glad you stopped in! So good to see you!
Hi everyone!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #2028  
Die Cut Diva

Glad you're back Kelly........I hope every time you saw Mickey, you thought of me!!!
(Thanks for the compliment too!)

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #2029  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Didn't mean to give the wrong impression Maggie - but I read somewhere that SU was looking at doing the small paper packs - and I notice in the upcoming Christmas catty they have one that's not 6X6 but 4 1/2 by 6 1/2. HOPEFULLY they'll start having more now.

Lynn
Is the Holiday Mini out yet???? I know I'm going to have to look at that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #2030  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hmmm - I buy 6x6 and so far have kept them horizontal in a tray - but that only shows how little I have :-), as I have no where locally to buy them. I often make my own backgrounds, and as on my latest card I have used photographs printed onto copy paper.
I seldom buy mine locally. I get mine from various places online. I get to see some really pretty ones from a few of those that I follow their blogs. That can be bad too, because then I want all the stuff that I see. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #2031  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Welcome Maxine!! I've been missing a lot on SCS for the past 4-5 weeks, but hope to stop that trend beginning this week! (woo hoo for getting my life back!)

Everyone: I've missed chatting with you and really look forward to participating regularly again! Have a great Tuesday!
Been missing you too. So glad to see you back with us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #2032  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad you popped back in Darlene!!! And glad you're ok.....was starting to get worried about you since we hadn't heard from you in a while!

I just HAD to tell everyone about this WIN I had!!! I told Jim last night after I was notified and of course he said....what did you win? Well, nothing.........but.........I was one of the top three picks at Pals Paper Arts!!!! How cool is that! Maybe some of my luck will start changing now! Jim said it would have been better if I'd won some money to help pay for all the stuff I order! MEN!!!!! LOL

Hope everyone has a good day.

Lynn
Congrats Lynn! I disagree with DH. It's fabulous that you got to be one of the top 3 picks. You get to put the badge on your blog and it gets your name out there! I was so happen when I got to be one of the top 3 on a challenge blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #2033  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Congratulations, Lynn!! That is awesome! But I'm not surprised - your work rocks!!

And we are home! We had a great time - no rain and apparently we side stepped everyone at the parks - meaning they were at one while we were at another, lol ... the kids had a blast, it was HOT as blazes, though! We actually leave again this Friday since we had to take our 2 week vacation and break it up, so lots of back and forth but no one is complaining.

As for the QOTD, I keep my 12 x 12's in various ways: some are in Cropper Hopper paper keepers upright on a shelf, those are mostly the SU! packs, and some bound packs: My LSS bought papers and loose ones are in a wooden shelf on my desk that I bought and TREASURE from The Container Store, and then I have all my card stocks on a shelf or in a seperate paper holder bin that has wheels and rolls around. I have used so much of my hoarded paper in the past year that i can finally see the diminishing of it so my 'use what you have' theory is definitely put to play!

Darlene - so glad you stopped in! So good to see you!
Hi everyone!
Welcome home Kelly. Glad you had a great time. Hope you took lots of photos!

Oh, too bad that you have to go on A-nother vacation! Where are you going this time???? I hope another fun place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #2034  
Quacker Stamper

Good afternoon Stamp Addicts! I'm starting to stress. I have 3 projects due this weekend. I have 4 projects somewhere in production, but not finished and a way to go on them. I was trying to figure out how I'm going to get these all done, but then a plan opened up. My GF here said, just take a day off and get them finished. I really hate taking time off, but she convinced me that it's really important to me. Then I realized that my boss is going to be out of town on Friday at a meeting in Austin, so that made the plan better. Then the other day I had contacted a couple businesses about refurbishing my bathtub and bathroom sinks. I got the quotes and then e-mailed to find out when they could do it. Turns out that Friday is perfect! So, I'm going to take Friday off to finish up whatever I need to by then and I'll get my sinks and tub all refinished and pretty looking again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #2035  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congratulations, Lynn!!!

Welcome home, Kelly... we missed you!

YAY for Friday, Maggie!

Rushing through... been canning all day... worn out!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #2036  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hi everyone! OMG I had so much fun at the Donna Downey class- there were 7 of us from my ATC group....we learned so much in the 40 techniques class- some was new, some was old. Then, I stayed and made a Poppy canvas- I am almost finished with it- she is a nut!

Lynn- Congrats! How fun for you- no surprise about the win- you make awesome cards!

Kelly- glad you had fun and did not run into terrible crowds! Where are you headed to next?

Maggie- how nice you get a 3 day weekend! I have to be careful with my commitments with DT's- when I have too many deadlines, it takes the fun out of creating for me. It will be so awesome to get all of those jobs in your house off of the To Do list!

Hi Darlene- glad to hear from you.

Jeanette- what are you canning?

I store my 12 x 12 papers by seasons and then by SU....in 12 x 12 shelves...my 6x6 pads- which I use the most- I keep in a drawer right next to where I create- I am getting to the point where the drawer is full..... maybe I will have to give some of it away........ It is my 3rd blogversary today- it is fun to see how my blog world has changed- and my posts...they are much longer...LOL

I hope you are all staying cool- it is 100's here today- I had some errands to run, but am now indoors in the AC!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #2037  
Quacker Stamper

Shelly, what will you do for your blogaversary?? I've been thinking about this. It's been a year this month and I've been trying to figure out whether to do a one year or something with getting more followers. I really would like to reward those who already follow me though. I haven't a clue what to use for a reward though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #2038  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Congratulations, Lynn!!!

Welcome home, Kelly... we missed you!

YAY for Friday, Maggie!

Rushing through... been canning all day... worn out!
What did you can? Something yummy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #2039  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, the SU Christmas catty comes out Aug. 1st. Glad you're taking the day off on Friday - going to be busy!

Congrats on your blogaversary Shelly!

Ok, Jeanette, what are you canning? I'm through with all ours thank goodness!!!! I put up 48 jars of pickles - 31 jars stewed tomatoes and 24 jars hot sauce. Whew.....We're still getting tomatoes but they'll be done in a couple of weeks. So right now we're just giving them away - some to a Senior's center here and others to just friends. We have gorgeous okra plants, but no okra as yet. I'm still using green beans that were canned in 2010!!!! I put up 72 jars that year! I'm sure we'll have to plant them and do the canning of that next year as we're starting to run a little low now. We don't usually plant a fall garden so I'm done for the year!

I'm STILL not satisfied with what I'm doing with my 6X6 paper packs. Just wondering if they'd fit in some type of photo album and that way I could label the pages, etc......
Any more ideas out there?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #2040  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh you energetic ladies canning (we call it bottling) I gave up years ago as it 'killed' my shoulders and left me in pain for days afterwards.

Thanks for the welcome Darlene and all - I know I am going to enjoy this group :-).

Congrats on your win, Lynn :-) Any win is a good win!!

I generally only try for one DT spot at a time - I tried for one recently and got turned down as my photography was not good enough - yet I have been complimented by another firm for my good photos - go figure :-)

Interesting about blog posts getting longer - mine are getting shorter by the day!! Looking back i almost used to give a blow by blow account of the card - now it is much briefer.
Reply With Quote Likes