Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #4281  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi girls, long morning here - finally a chance to check in. Here's to hugs, rain, mopeds, blogger, kitty cats and beyond! As you might have seen if you went to my blog, it's GONE! That's right went to add something and the entire template just went poof. I even backed it up but it won't reattach and now some funky template is there. I'm so frustrated!

Bad day at the dentist for my son - truly when it rains, it pours and I'm just ready to hit Happy Hour! So I'm heading to Starbucks *Grin*

Hugs!
I see your blog. It doesn't have your topper on it, but it's there. Hopefully you can figure out what's wrong.

Sorry about the dentist for your son. I hate going there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #4282  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here, Kelly. Everything looks fine except I guess the header went poof!!!!

Sorry about the dentist and your son too......I HATE them - but guess they have a good purpose - especially when we hurt! LOL!

I had to go get one of the boobs checked out today ( pleasant conversation here!!!) ....been a bit of a problem - but the good news is that they think all is fine and are going to watch it for a couple of weeks.

Maxine, I went ahead and accepted her invitation for the linked-in thing......would haven't a clue how to access it though. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some type of scam or whatever. I do mine through the blogger dashboard too - but it's actually all through google reader from what I can tell.........AND it appears from what Shelly said yesterday, that's that is going to go POOF on June (or July) 1st!!!!!!!! I'm really in a small panic around here over that one since that's how I know who posted, etc. and can see all the inspiration.

I'm really hating the time changing like this. Can't get used to it at all and find myself not waking up in the morning until 8:00!!! Crazy!! Right now it's 5:30 and well....feels like 4:30 to me still. Don't know why they can't just leave all that time mess alone.

Later, Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #4283  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hey

Checking in- so what is the difference between reader and dashboard on Blogger??? Sigh......

Oh Kelly- I did not get to your blog- but the frustration of having that happen. My husband is in IT- his answer to any of my questions about anything computer- google it- there may be an easy fix......

Like Tuesday when our printer started printing in streaks- it suggested cleaning the 'heads' and if that was OK, you need a new printer..... we do have a couple of extras upstairs from the kids- we'll see if that helps.

Lynn- hope your boobie thing turns out OK. I hate going to the doc in the first place, but to have a doc prodding and poking in the 'girlie' places...Oh bother!

Oh Kelly- the dentist is no better- YUCK!!! I think I would rather have a pap smear......

Linked in was created for Networking in business as Maxine said. It is where my hospital advertises for nurses..... I do not spend much time there..... not sure how I signed up and it is just one more e-mail to answer.

Maggie- I think I will like one column FB....and WOW- our porch estimate for a brick patio was $15,000 ...needless to say, we are considering if we 'need' all of the bells and whistles that go along with it.

Maxine- do you and Lynn know any rain dances? hehehe We got alot of snow and rain here this past month- which we welcomed- at least I did not complain. Last summer- it was nice for hubby- he did not have to mow the lawn as much as usual.

Hubby went to Chicago this AM and the Visa applic is in- one week for that....China is getting closer!

I had better get to bed- sooooo tired! I stayed up late last night making Wax Paper resist cards for the monthly Sweet Stamps challenge. I had so much fun, I could not stop.....! And I ended up staying up until 1:30AM to photograph cards....and had to work today. My bad...!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #4284  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Oh Lynn - I am not that keen on the time changes - ours is coming up in a few weeks :-(.

Talking of the dentist, I am going back there early next month (they sent me a reminder.... as I have not finished what needed doing) My sympathies to your son Kelly.

Oh Lynn I hope it all works out for you with no pain.... Talking of girlie things - had to visit the Gynaecology clinic the other day - thankfully I got the lady registrar rather than the consultant - although she consulted with the consultant - and I am down for surgery within the next 6 months. Need a re-bore is what it boils down to :-(.

I am currently on a roll with cards and have two nearly finished at the moment - I have not got a tiny butterfly die, so am making tiny butterflies by tying wee bits of paper and ribbon in the middle. Normally I would not bother, but I made a boo boo in the middle of one of the cards and need to cover it!! I promise I will blog it if you are intrigued :-)

I did read your last blog post Kelly, although the header was gone and the wallpaper was not your normal.

Oh darn about reader and dashboard being the same.... will have to ask the SIL about it next time we visit... or at least my DD - she seems more versed about blogger that SIL, he is more into programming and stuff way more esotoric than blogs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #4285  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Lynn, glad to hear that your "girls" are doing okay. :rolleyes: I have no idea how the whole Linked-In thing works either. We were told here at the office not to accept those invitations. Not sure why, but I don't ever even for my personal stuff. I have Blogger Reader of course, but I don't usually look at it every day. There are too many on there. Mostly I just visit those on the DT's and my blogging groups. I'd like to have the time to go around and check on some of those that are following me, but there are so many and not enough time. I do try to respond to those that leave comments on my blog and will go and visit them.

Shelly, I can understand having a really nice patio costing so much, but not a plain jane one. I saw on FB how they have it set up now with all your personal stuff - pictures, events, friends, etc over on the left and then all your posts are on the right. At least they are in a single column.

Maxine - I dread going to the girly doctor. Mine is female so at least that is good although my OB when I was having my last DD was a man, but he was one of the best at the hospital where I'd have her. He was very well respected and the nurses all followed his orders. Sorry you have to have some surgery. I hate hospitals and will do anything to stay away from them.

I did get to work on a card last night. I belong to a FB Fan Page for Simply Betty Stamps and she was having a Release today of some new images. I was able to get them in a pre-release and then we were supposed to make a card with one of them for the Release Party today. Well, I have so many of her images and since it was a secret pre-release I forgot which ones were in the secret release so I made a card using the wrong image!!!!! :( It turned out so cute, but now I have to hurry home tonight and see if I can get another one made for the challenge.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #4286  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good morning, girls!!!

Just in from the DR with dd16 and took her back to school .......

Girls - any tips on how to fix my blog??!!!!! Now I have this big white box on the top and I have gone to the design template over and over and it just wont fix. I've taken off the blog background (that's not it, it has something to do with the tempate) but I tried to fix it once and LOST the entire blog.

HELP!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #4287  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Kelly- no clue about how to fix a blog- my hubby is the one that is good for that stuff, and he does not have a blog......

I found a post today for alternatives to Google reader.....I still do not know the difference between reader and dashboard...... Here is the link - it gives 3 alternitives......

Maxine- I do not understand your terminology, but understand you need surgery- Keep us posted and I'll keep you in prayers!

Oh Maggie- that sounds like something I would do- I would scream! I am not good at making anything quickly.....

My printer is on the fritz still, so no printing any digi's for me....till it's fixed.

Oh Maxine- I want to see your butterfly idea- sounds really cool!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #4288  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning, girls!!!

Just in from the DR with dd16 and took her back to school .......

Girls - any tips on how to fix my blog??!!!!! Now I have this big white box on the top and I have gone to the design template over and over and it just wont fix. I've taken off the blog background (that's not it, it has something to do with the tempate) but I tried to fix it once and LOST the entire blog.

HELP!
Sorry about your Blog Header, but I love the background on either side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #4289  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Beautiful day here so far today. Off to the grocery store and then lots of things to do around the house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #4290  
Die Cut Diva

Morning! I didn't get over here yesterday - busy playing "cowboy" all day! VERY long day and didn't get home until about 7:00 last night. Ate, showered, and went to bed!

Maggie, I think that may be a little steep for a patio. Of course it depends on how big it is and all that. I'd get some other estimates for sure though.

I'm still not sure if I'm looking at posts in google reader or not - as crazy as that sounds! When I bring up my dashboard all the blogs I follow come up on the left hand side. Then in the middle it brings up the ones that posted for the day and just a very small blurp and photo. Then on the far right, it says to "view in google reader". SO, I never look at the "view in google reader" but use the one in the middle and just click on those and it brings up the blog. Is that the same thing as google reader?????

I have absolutely nothing planned this weekend.....and LOVE that thought!! Beautiful day here - so may be outside some. Paige, I saw on the weather map that it looks like y'all are getting hammered by snow and cold still!! Surely it'll end soon for you!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #4291  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Happy Sunday afternoon- I thought I'd drop by and say hello before I got to work with my Dt card for today!

I have the Corned Beef and Cabbage on the menu today!

What are you all up to?

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #4292  
Die Cut Diva

Nothing going on in this corner of the world. It's a beautiful day and I've just been being very lazy - yesterday and today. Guess I need to go create!

Corned Beef and cabbage sounds good - I guess. I've never had corned beef before! Yikes!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #4293  
Hardware Hotshot

Love corned beef with mustard sauce - do you serve it with that sauce?

Raining here - bliss

I am attaching a photo of our back lawn, which never gets brown!! In fact it is so verdant normally I have to cut it lower than the rest of the lawns.

Managed to complete some cards yesterday, which was nice :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Draught 2013 (1).JPG (151.4 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #4294  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts!

Yikes, Maxine, that lawn looks terrible - about how mine looked a couple years ago in the Summer when we had the big drought! That bad weather killed hundreds of trees in and around Houston. I don't know that we've ever quite recovered from that.

Sorry, I've never been one for corned beef, although I do love cabbage. Toss a big ham bone in there and yummy! I'm having enchilladas tonight that someone else made for me. :mrgreen: She also brought over a big container of rice and beans. I'm going to toss together a salad and have some fruit. Also I have some banana pudding that another lady made for me, so dinner is set. I'll probably have leftovers too. There's a lot of food here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #4295  
Quacker Stamper

I have really been on a roll these last few weeks. I saw on Feline Playful this morning that I won prizes in 3 more challenges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #4296  
Hardware Hotshot

Well done Maggie!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #4297  
Hardware Hotshot

Congratulations Maggie! What did you get for prizes?

Maxine, your poor lawn. Hope you get a good downpour.

So we are under another blizzard warning for tonight and tomorrow! It hasn't started snowing here yet, but it sure is dark and dreary.

Waving hello to everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #4298  
Die Cut Diva

WOW!!! Maggie, that's a haul and a half! Which challenges did you win?
Sounds like you're having something GOOD to eat tonight. We had a link of that sausage we put up the other day.

Maxine, your lawn looks exactly like ours! They keep saying we're going to have another very dry year here and I'm not looking forward to the heat and no rain again. We're already on water restrictions here!

Paige, I think y'all have had more than enough moisture up there with all that snow! When will y'all see Spring?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #4299  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Oh Paige- yuck! Enough of this cold weather!!! Do you usually get snow this late in the year? I just realized we are going to get snow tomorrow too..... I will have to say- it is good for the farmers...... for the ground to get the moisture....

Maxine- yup- your lawn is looking quite brown- that is what ours looked like last summer..... it was a bad year for the bunnies that eat our flowers too..... Oh- never tried mustard sauce on Corned Beef- we have leftovers though, so will give it a try.

Lynn- how was the sausage? Did you get any creative time?

Maggie- isn't it so fun to see your name on Feline Playful! I do not win often, but I love to check there and see if I recognize any one that wins....! I just won 5 digis last week...and when I went to print them out we discovered there is something wrong with our printer....so, I either will use them the way they printed out, or wait.

So, does anyone watch Basketball??? It is March Madness....I will be a B-ball widow......

Off to blog hop- gotta work tomorrow, so gotta get to sleep early! (aka before midnight.....hehehe)

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #4300  
Forum Fanatic

Received 445 Likes on 301 Posts

Morning Addicted Friends!
I was MIA all weekend after our conference. I didn't want to set up my laptop after getting home on Friday, was afraid that I would start to work and didn't want to do that. I needed some personal life, LOL.

Got a set of swap cards done, they need to be mailed this week. Went to church, bell choir rehearsal, grocery store, did laundry, etc. All the exciting weekend stuff.

Can't believe that it's Monday already...ugh. And, to top it off, we have a storm moving in later tonight through Tuesday. Expecting MORE snow. Just when patches of earth have started appearing...oh well, at least it should melt soon, right? (fingers crossed)

Have a good day everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #4301  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Such a busy weekend. I did get time yesterday to work on my PSC card but it's not quite finished. Need to get that done tonight. I'm going to go walk at lunch time today. First time in months since the weather got cold. It's supposed to be a WHOPPING 89* here today!!!!!!!! :shock: Of course, tomorrow it will be back down in the 70's after a cool front comes through. Crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #4302  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
Congratulations Maggie! What did you get for prizes?

Maxine, your poor lawn. Hope you get a good downpour.

So we are under another blizzard warning for tonight and tomorrow! It hasn't started snowing here yet, but it sure is dark and dreary.

Waving hello to everyone!
I got to shop in different stores. Such fun. Got some new rubber on its way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #4303  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
WOW!!! Maggie, that's a haul and a half! Which challenges did you win?
Sounds like you're having something GOOD to eat tonight. We had a link of that sausage we put up the other day.

Maxine, your lawn looks exactly like ours! They keep saying we're going to have another very dry year here and I'm not looking forward to the heat and no rain again. We're already on water restrictions here!

Paige, I think y'all have had more than enough moisture up there with all that snow! When will y'all see Spring?

Lynn
They were ones that I had never played in before. Ladybug Crafts, Heck of a Challenge, Visible Images, Our Daily Bred Designs.

Dinner was very good. I had to call the girl and tell her how much we enjoyed it and I hoped we did it again next year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #4304  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Oh Paige- yuck! Enough of this cold weather!!! Do you usually get snow this late in the year? I just realized we are going to get snow tomorrow too..... I will have to say- it is good for the farmers...... for the ground to get the moisture....

Maxine- yup- your lawn is looking quite brown- that is what ours looked like last summer..... it was a bad year for the bunnies that eat our flowers too..... Oh- never tried mustard sauce on Corned Beef- we have leftovers though, so will give it a try.

Lynn- how was the sausage? Did you get any creative time?

Maggie- isn't it so fun to see your name on Feline Playful! I do not win often, but I love to check there and see if I recognize any one that wins....! I just won 5 digis last week...and when I went to print them out we discovered there is something wrong with our printer....so, I either will use them the way they printed out, or wait.

So, does anyone watch Basketball??? It is March Madness....I will be a B-ball widow......

Off to blog hop- gotta work tomorrow, so gotta get to sleep early! (aka before midnight.....hehehe)

Shelly
It's funny because it usually comes in spurts for me. I won a bunch awhile back and then nothing for a few months and now on a roll with winning again.

Sucky on the bad printout for your digis. Are you getting the printer fixed?

I like Basketball, but I don't really watch it unless there is nothing on TV and I don't have any shows on my DVR (which is never!) ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #4305  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all ... Sitting here with stack of bills and coffee and a mopped myself into a corner moment ;) glad I have the iPad nearby! This new mop is horrible .. Floor shoulda dried 20 mins ago, lol. The poor dogs just did a slip n slide, rofl.

Congrats, Maggie! I am sure you will love your prizes and do wonders .. You always do great work! You are ALL so immensely talented.

Unbelievable busy weekend here. Planned to do yard work and finish the packing of the Cabana (which has been on hold) but dd had me drive all over town all day Saturday and part of yesterday looking for prom dresses. I was so torn up, what a moment! I'm such a sap. I will be a mess on her wedding shopping/day. She found "the one" but apparently stores only sell ONE so not to have duplicates at schools ... Say what?!! They didn't have it in her size or can't get it unti July (prom is May) so that was out and then she hit panick mode. We are going downtown tonight to last resort store while the other store is trying to locate one at the factory ... Haha, IN TEXAS!!! Howdy, y'all! I should go get it in person and meet up!!! ;)

Sorry, I'm being silly! Still thinking about Chrissy but know god is good and in control ... I thank you for your prayers!!

Xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #4306  
Hardware Hotshot

Congratulations to Shelly too - she has won at Amusing Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #4307  
Quacker Stamper

Congrats Shelly on your win also!

I did get out at lunchtime today and did a 30 minute walk over in the Galleria. It really felt good to get back into the swing of things. Now I want to watch those 2 DVD's that I got recently from Biggest Loser on walking at home and yoga. Maybe I'll try some yoga stretching tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #4308  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning all ... Sitting here with stack of bills and coffee and a mopped myself into a corner moment ;) glad I have the iPad nearby! This new mop is horrible .. Floor shoulda dried 20 mins ago, lol. The poor dogs just did a slip n slide, rofl.

Congrats, Maggie! I am sure you will love your prizes and do wonders .. You always do great work! You are ALL so immensely talented.

Unbelievable busy weekend here. Planned to do yard work and finish the packing of the Cabana (which has been on hold) but dd had me drive all over town all day Saturday and part of yesterday looking for prom dresses. I was so torn up, what a moment! I'm such a sap. I will be a mess on her wedding shopping/day. She found "the one" but apparently stores only sell ONE so not to have duplicates at schools ... Say what?!! They didn't have it in her size or can't get it unti July (prom is May) so that was out and then she hit panick mode. We are going downtown tonight to last resort store while the other store is trying to locate one at the factory ... Haha, IN TEXAS!!! Howdy, y'all! I should go get it in person and meet up!!! ;)

Sorry, I'm being silly! Still thinking about Chrissy but know god is good and in control ... I thank you for your prayers!!

Xoxo
Thanks Kelly

Sorry about all the drama trying to find a prom dress. I always hated taking my girls shopping. We never could find the things that they liked. Maybe that's why I hate to go shopping for myself now. Just not a pleasant experience. Good luck with the downtown stores. Hey! Come on down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #4309  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, I'd hate doing the walk in the Galleria!!!! I'd want to stop in every store I saw! LOL!

I was a complete BUM all weekend! I had more than enough time to do a card or two and just could not get motivated to even walk back there and look at it. I started the on-line class today so need to try to complete my first "homework" I guess!

Will check in later. I had my day all planned out and then Jim needed my help with some stuff that would take "about an hour"! Yea, RIGHT! We left at 10:00 this morning and got home about 3:30!!!!! So I'm really playing catch-up now.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #4310  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations to Shelly! The SA's are LUCKY girls!

Oh ladies, scary moment ......... not to add drama but we had a scary moment with Chrissy. As you know, she's under a Dr's watch and they gave her antibiotics to combat an infection she has running through her system BUT she is allergic to Penicillin. They gave her Bactrum since it's 'safe' and today she called me at schools end to tell me she had blown up - full hives! I could not believe it. The nurse even got on the phone and said you need to get down here, so I did. Took her to the dr. and sure enough, a THIRD antibiotic she is allergic to and this one isn't in the same family as the others. I'm dismayed. Her sister gave up her appt time at the bridal/prom store and they basically want to monitor her and keep a watch and figure out what else to give her because she must have antibiotics. Now we are watching for the one she has now but wow. She is facing A LOT of testing ahead. Anyone familiar with this? I'd love to hear your advise/suggestions - you just can't go through life allergic to antibiotics!

We have an appt with a specialist Wed. morning and we were told to see the allergist again to talk about possible 'anti biotic desensitization' - but this is just too much. She's in tears, she's shutting down, I'm a mess, my hubby is a mess, my daughter is sick and they can't figure out why and what to do for her. It's frustrating - I appreciate the thoughts and prayers!

In happier news, I was able to salvage the last part of the evening and get my oldest to the prom store - she gave up her appt time so I could take care of her sister and I don't know if it was Karma or just good fortune but she walked in, the lady took measurements and those two started pulling dresses - just 3 in her size/style/color and the first two were beautiful but when she got to the 3rd one, she said in the room "Mommy, it's THE ONE!" When she came out, I started crying. Literally. I'll be a mess on her wedding! She was squealing, I was crying, the lady nearly started crying ... oh my.

Dress bought, daughter is happy, sister goes back to the dr tomorrow and Wednesday and mommy wants a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #4311  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Congratulations to Shelly! The SA's are LUCKY girls!

Oh ladies, scary moment ......... not to add drama but we had a scary moment with Chrissy. As you know, she's under a Dr's watch and they gave her antibiotics to combat an infection she has running through her system BUT she is allergic to Penicillin. They gave her Bactrum since it's 'safe' and today she called me at schools end to tell me she had blown up - full hives! I could not believe it. The nurse even got on the phone and said you need to get down here, so I did. Took her to the dr. and sure enough, a THIRD antibiotic she is allergic to and this one isn't in the same family as the others. I'm dismayed. Her sister gave up her appt time at the bridal/prom store and they basically want to monitor her and keep a watch and figure out what else to give her because she must have antibiotics. Now we are watching for the one she has now but wow. She is facing A LOT of testing ahead. Anyone familiar with this? I'd love to hear your advise/suggestions - you just can't go through life allergic to antibiotics!

We have an appt with a specialist Wed. morning and we were told to see the allergist again to talk about possible 'anti biotic desensitization' - but this is just too much. She's in tears, she's shutting down, I'm a mess, my hubby is a mess, my daughter is sick and they can't figure out why and what to do for her. It's frustrating - I appreciate the thoughts and prayers!

In happier news, I was able to salvage the last part of the evening and get my oldest to the prom store - she gave up her appt time so I could take care of her sister and I don't know if it was Karma or just good fortune but she walked in, the lady took measurements and those two started pulling dresses - just 3 in her size/style/color and the first two were beautiful but when she got to the 3rd one, she said in the room "Mommy, it's THE ONE!" When she came out, I started crying. Literally. I'll be a mess on her wedding! She was squealing, I was crying, the lady nearly started crying ... oh my.

Dress bought, daughter is happy, sister goes back to the dr tomorrow and Wednesday and mommy wants a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O
Oh, Kelly, How terrible for your DD. There are so many people that have developed allergies to antibiotics because they are found in so many things that we eat like beef and chicken. One reason I make sure not to buy meats or poultry that have those additives in them. Here is something I did find, and it also talked about desensitizing. One thing is to make sure they test her for any reaction before they give her the antibiotic to take. Not sure how helpful this would be, but Mega doses of Vitamin C might help. Vit. C is a natural antibiotic. I've taken it when I feel a cold or sinus infection coming on. I get them in 1000 mg caplets and take one every hour until I feel better. The only thing that it might do is cause some diarrhea but other than that there are no adverse side effects.

Cephalosporins � Cephalosporins are a class of antibiotics closely related to penicillin. There are a number of cephalosporin medications available, a few of which include cephalexin (Keflex�), cefaclor (Ceclor�), cefuroxime (Ceftin�), cefadroxil (Duricef�) , cephradine (Velocef�). cefprozil (Cefzil�), loracarbef (Lorabid�), ceftibuten (Cedax�), cefdinir (Omnicef�), cefditoren (Spectracef�), cefpodoxime (Vantin�) and cefixime (Suprax�).People with a history of penicillin allergy have a small risk of having an allergic reaction to cephalosporins. If possible, penicillin skin testing should be performed in these individuals. Since testing will be negative in about 90 percent of these people, a negative test will allow them to take cephalosporins safely. People with a positive skin test to penicillin have a small risk of an allergic reaction to cephalosporins and may require more caution in terms of how the cephalosporin is administered.
Allergic reactions to cephalosporins are less common than reactions to penicillin. In addition, skin testing to evaluate cephalosporin allergy is not as accurate as penicillin skin testing. If a cephalosporin is required, then there are several options:
Here are some other things that might help.

Garlic

Garlic has been used worldwide for thousands of years for medicinal purposes. This wonder plant treats everything from a simple earache to pneumonia, MRSA, Helicobacter pylori, the flu and even the black plague. Contemporary research has confirmed that garlic possesses numerous antioxidants that kill bacteria and free radicals in the blood protecting the immune system and making it stronger. Garlic's active ingredient allicin can also attack and destroy a variety of viruses -- unlike modern antibiotics -- as well as fugal infections, such as candida. Taking garlic supplements as a prophylactic may help to protect against various pathogens and prevent the onset of disease.

Echinacea

Echinacea has been used for hundreds of years to strengthen the immune system and fight a variety of infections. Traditionally, echinacea was used to treat open wounds, diptheria, cellulitis, blood poisoning, syphilitic lesions and other bacterial-related diseases. Although it's mostly used today for fighting colds and flu, this potent herb possesses the ability to destroy the most virulent bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus which causes deadly MRSA.

Colloidal Silver

The germicidal and antibacterial properties of colloidal silver were discovered almost a century ago. Numerous clinical cases and anecdotal evidence provides us with the knowledge of the power of colloidal silver to kill bacteria, fungal infections and viruses. Even though the FDA has tried to discredit the efficacy of this important healing substance, the effects of colloidal silver in the treatment of bacterial diseases such as MRSA, topical wounds, sores and infections speaks for itself.

Learn more: The 5 best natural antibiotics and anti-virals that destroy superbugs and just about everything else

I sure hope the doctors can figure out what is going on and what she can take to get better.

So happy that your oldest DD found the perfect prom dress. ;)

I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers. Please let us know what the doctor says.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #4312  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, that's terrible about your daughter and the antibiotics! Hope they can get all that straightened out soon! You're right - it'd be hard to go through life without being able to take something to fight infections! Hope she starts feeling better. Be sure and keep us updated!

So glad y'all found "the perfect prom dress"! I had to laugh when you said you cried when you saw her in it. I didn't cry until the boy showed up at the door for my daughter - then broke out in tears. And YES, you WILL cry when you see her in the wedding dress - for sure!!!!!!!!!! I still get teary eyed just thinking about how my daughter looked in hers!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #4313  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Kelly that would have been so scary for you and your daughter!! I can only take a limited number of antibiotics - augmentum is about the only one I tolerate well.
I am only truly allergic to Sulphur based antibiotics, but tetracyclines I do not tolerate well, and most of the penicillins also leave me feeling unwell....
Beef up the vitamin C as that will help reduce the hive reaction, and as much garlic as she can eat, preferably raw, and cinnamon on honey on toast is also effective. If you can get some, once she is in recovery add in the drink made from Kefir granules and as much natural yogurt as possible to regenerate the natural flora of her gut.

Hope that helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #4314  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Sure hope that things start to look up for all the health issues.

I'll be leaving work early today. I've got a guy coming to give me another estimate on the patio. Then tonight I'll be up at church helping the youth with working on their genealogy. Since this is the first time for me to do something like this, I sure hope it all goes as desired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #4315  
Quacker Stamper

Finally got some photos of the new little guys. You can tell the difference - Casper is inside; Corey is outside. ;)

They both love to play. Casper has a couple little play mice that he likes to bat around. It's so funny to see him pick it up and carry it around. Corey just chases everything around that's outside - bugs, leaves, whatever there is or nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (21).jpg (27.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 007 (4).jpg (40.8 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #4316  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I’m home! I had a great visit with DD! I sure love that young lady!

I’m sorry, but I’m so far behind after being gone for 5 days that I don’t have time to read and catch up, so please let me know if I’ve missed anything important!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #4317  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Good AM

Surprising- stopping back in the AM again! Today is my study day for my Chinese class..... and we are going to Skype with Katie later....

I am allergic to alot of things- some antibiotics..... You have to be really careful with allergies- especially if she is having hives- I would follow the advice and go to an allergist where they can test her in a controlled setting..... The antibiotic Maggie copied and pasted- Cephalosporins- are related to Penicillin and we DO NOT use it in the hospital if anyone has a Penicillin allergy- there is a 10% chance of an allergic reaction-but the reactions are bad! So, be very cautious! I have an epi-pen (double epi pen) ...'in case' I need it.

I tried taking supplements like Echinacea- allergic to it....allergic to Silver too.....you have to be very very careful! I went through a time where foods were triggering allergies too- that is a HUGE pain- I had to be on a rotation food diet- very time consuming to shop and prepare foods that were not R/T ones I was allergic too......and try to eat out....seriously ridiculous! But, the rotation diet helped and there are just a few foods I avoid now.....

Oh Prom dresses......I did not enjoy that- we do not have a ton of stores near us- they had the same 5 dresses everywhere..... so we had to go to Chicago- and the dress was $$$$$ She did look like Cinderella though...! My youngest did not go- saved a heap of $$$$$ She did go to an after Prom party, but we did not have to pay for the hair and nails and everything else that goes along with it.

Thanks for the heads up about the Amusing challenge- there were only 2 entries.....hahaha Oh well..... I ordered a couple of the stamps from that catalog- we'll see how I like them.

We did get a new printer last night- I will have to test it out today....

Maggie- the cats are beautiful- oh and their eyes- green eyes- look like they would glow in the dark!

Lynn- is your class the one with the patterned paper??? Where do you take classes?

OK- off to get ready to Skype with Katie : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #4318  
Forum Fanatic

Received 445 Likes on 301 Posts

Morning Stamp Addicts!
Yes, it's snowing a ton here. Sometimes horizontally - yikes!

Kelly, hugs & prayers on all that you are dealing with now. I am developing allergies to medicines as I age. Sulfur based and recently something else, the name escapes me, but it's in my history at the Dr. & the pharmacy.

Now they have a warning out for Zpak, for those with heart history, like hubby. It can send your heart into a bad state, so watch out for that one too.

Wow! We sure have a load of winners here don't we??? Congratulations to you all!

Ugh, I sure sympathize with others who are getting more snow. Enough already!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #4319  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, Corey and Casper are both so CUTE!!! Love it that they're white like that. White kitties are always so pretty.
Hope you got a better estimate on the patio this time.

Shelly, know you're looking forward to "seeing" and chatting with Katie! Oh, you asked if anyone watched basketball.......we watch the Spurs and that's about it. Don't watch all the college teams until they start the final six or eight. The patterned paper class I'm taking in an on-line class through Jennifer McGuire. It seems really good so far and a ton of tips!

Maxine and Shelly - I had no idea a person could be allergic to so much stuff! WOW! I don't think I'm allergic to anything - or if I am, don't know about it!

Jeanette, glad you had a good visit with your daughter! I'm going to see mine next week. Hate the drive but enjoy it while I'm there.

Darlene - Can't believe all the SNOW!!!!!!!! Yikes!! We broke down and turned on our AC yesterday - it got up to 96 degrees!! It was a little cooler today, so I turned it off and opened up the windows. Still got hot in here this afternoon, but I just hate to turn on that think this early in the year.

Gotta head to the city tomorrow - doctor appointment for Jim but nothing serious. MAYBE I can go shopping!!!!!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #4320  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Back again- Katie had to work extra, so we did not Skype today : (
It is only 4 weeks now until we go to China...... We are going to Chicago Thursday AM to pick up the Visa's.

I won a blog hop for Club Scrap today- went and picked out some 'stuff' and then went to checkout- the postage is $11.00- and I did not order that much stuff.....I think for a $15.00 coupon it is way too expensive- I spent $30.00 and with the coupon, it will still cost $26.00....... If anyone wants it I will send you the code- I refuse to buy anything....that does not sit well with me!

Jeanette and Lynn- enjoy your time with your daughters! I miss my Mom and wish she was closer- I really enjoy hanging out with her! She loves being pampered- like getting her nails done.....

Lynn- seriously- 96! We got all of the way up to 40 today- our snow Monday did not stick : )
Don't spend your $$$ all in one place tomorrow!

Darlene- did you get snow? We were supposed to get 2 storms- one- sleet and the roads were horrible Mon Am- then it snowed in the afternoon- but it did not stick......

I am working tomorrow...so better get off her and get ready for shut eye!
One more day until a week off- love that!
Reply With Quote Likes