Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #4241  
Forum Fanatic

Received 446 Likes on 302 Posts

Morning Addicted Friends!

Holy Toledo, Lynn! That's a LOT of sausage! I definitely think help with clean up is in order though. Good luck with it!

Maggie: gentle hugs for little Casper, hopefully he will heal quickly. Glad to hear that he purred for you!! It is sad that little Corey is so skittish. Maybe over time...?

Shelly: hehehehe...chuckling about the extra mess with DD visiting. Isn't that the truth?

Well ladies, our organization has a big conference this week, so I'll be scarce Weds-Fri. And now it's the last minute crush to get everything done. Especially since we lost 1.5 days to snow last week. :( Off & running now. Enjoy your day!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 03:09 AM   #4242  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Hope all goes well with your conference this week Darlene. Do you have to travel for that?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #4243  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good Morning, Stamp Addicts!

May today bring you some sunshine your way! (if not, you can have some of ours - I'll share!)

*hugs!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #4244  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hooray, the sun is shining here today! I haven't seen the sun in a very long time! What a difference a sunny day makes. Wishing everyone a terrific week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #4245  
Die Cut Diva

We've got a very pretty day here too.........and am LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking a short break from washing, cleaning the kitchen, etc...........to stop by with a

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!

Patterned paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO bad at mixing and matching the stuff! Even with the paper packs from Stampin Up and other places - I can't seem to put it together and make it look right. In fact (although I said I'd NEVER, EVER do it.....) I've signed up for an on-line class on patterned paper!!!!!! Yikes!!! So, what's the secret, how do you do it, do you find it easy or hard........etc......?????

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #4246  
Hardware Hotshot

I adore patterned paper! I use mostly SU and then some from 6x6 paper pads. So the colors and patterns are already coordinated for the most part. I usually just use what I like which may be why my cards are hit or miss. I have read to use a large, medium, and smaller print when mixing patterns, but I always forget to think about it and just grab what I want. If you can, please share the tips and tricks you learn through your class - how exciting!

I have recently dusted off my Cricut and am trying to re-learn what to do with it! I've already killed it and then brought it back to life, so I'm trying to be really careful now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #4247  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post

I'm taking a short break from washing, cleaning the kitchen, etc...........to stop by with a

Patterned paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO bad at mixing and matching the stuff! Even with the paper packs from Stampin Up and other places - I can't seem to put it together and make it look right. In fact (although I said I'd NEVER, EVER do it.....) I've signed up for an on-line class on patterned paper!!!!!! Yikes!!! So, what's the secret, how do you do it, do you find it easy or hard........etc......?????

Lynn

Oh I LOVE me some PP!! I have just gotten myself back into actually USING it, lol ... Hello, My name is Kelly, and I'm a paper hoarder :lol: :cool: I was so addicted to those mini 6 x 6 paper packs, I was often buying 2-3 of the SAME ones just to never run out! I crack one open and gasp, a crisis set in and I had to make sure I had the other 2 :rolleyes: Not to mention the 12 x 12 shelves and upright containers of loose papers ... it took 4 HUGE appliance size boxes just to get my papers packed.

Mixing papers is easy for me! I don't know why, but it comes easy - I just 'see it' and put it together. My friend Lorie use to call me the mix n match dsp queen - an endearing term I loved! Eeek, I hope that doesn't sound snobbish - I don't mean for it to be! It's just that while I struggle in this area of crafting in many areas, mixing papers isn't one of them fortunately.

I think your class sounds like fun, Lynn!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #4248  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, Kelly, you're just the patterned paper QUEEN!!!!! Since the first time I ever saw one of you cards I was in awe of the way you used the stuff! I LOVE patterned paper but just don't have that knack at all. Even with the paper packs, my mind shuts down and nothing looks right together. I see some of y'all even use three different papers and it looks so good together.....I REALLY make a mess on that attempt. I'll have to try the small, medium, and large print like you suggested Paige - and will pass on what I learn in that class (if I learn anything! LOL).
I think one of my problems is when I first started stamping, this lady that was getting out of it gave me a LOAD of paper!!!!!!! I mean tons of the stuff. I have it all sorted somewhat by color right now - and that still confuses me.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #4249  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

I rarely use more than one patterned paper on a card - probably 'cos I'm a bit miserly - oh I mean on a tight budget.... I also started stamping without it, often stamping my own backgrounds, so although I have some, I don't actually use a lot, or mix and match like some.
That said, I used a wall paper scrap and a patterned paper on one of my last cards - must be loosening up :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #4250  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hello....and WOW- that is a ton of sausage!!! Hope you get to relax a little after all of that hard work!!!

Great question- I think of Kelley as the DP Queen too! I am color challenged- of all of the challenges with paper crafting, color is #1. I like that DP is in a pack with coordinating papers- that helps..... I made a Copic color chart- I hold the DP up to the Copic colors and then try to coordinate the colors with the DP.

I have never used Wallpaper or napkins either- something to put on my list to try ...!

I have been studying all day- Chinese- it is so dang hard- and the middle aged memory does not help any either! hehehe

We are watching Moses parting the red sea on TV- the waters just swallowed up the Egyptians....... Going to sign off......

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #4251  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn
I love pattern paper. I have a bunch of SU sets and too many small pads of paper. They help me to do a layout for my cards because they are all coordinated. I will pick out the base piece of dp and then after I choose my layout, I'll pick out other pieces to go with the base if I need them. I usually use at least 2 pieces on a card, but sometimes only 1.

Your online class sounds like fun. Who is presenting it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #4252  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh I LOVE me some PP!! I have just gotten myself back into actually USING it, lol ... Hello, My name is Kelly, and I'm a paper hoarder :lol: :cool: I was so addicted to those mini 6 x 6 paper packs, I was often buying 2-3 of the SAME ones just to never run out! I crack one open and gasp, a crisis set in and I had to make sure I had the other 2 :rolleyes: Not to mention the 12 x 12 shelves and upright containers of loose papers ... it took 4 HUGE appliance size boxes just to get my papers packed.

Mixing papers is easy for me! I don't know why, but it comes easy - I just 'see it' and put it together. My friend Lorie use to call me the mix n match dsp queen - an endearing term I loved! Eeek, I hope that doesn't sound snobbish - I don't mean for it to be! It's just that while I struggle in this area of crafting in many areas, mixing papers isn't one of them fortunately.

I think your class sounds like fun, Lynn!
O M G! I'm the same way about hoarding paper. I'm not so much anymore with the pattern paper, but I really was bad about the SU Scrappin Kits. I always had to have 2 - one that I could use to make cards, and I that I"d have to use for scrapbooking if I ever got back to it. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #4253  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I rarely use more than one patterned paper on a card - probably 'cos I'm a bit miserly - oh I mean on a tight budget.... I also started stamping without it, often stamping my own backgrounds, so although I have some, I don't actually use a lot, or mix and match like some.
That said, I used a wall paper scrap and a patterned paper on one of my last cards - must be loosening up :-)
I really liked that card you made with the gray wall paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #4254  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine, wall paper!! That is pure creative genius!! I'm on my way to see =)

I've heard of fabric swatches and I've used the paint sample strips (have an awesome case card with those I'm meaning to try!) but not ep .. Way cool! What else have we used, girls? Oh...tissue paper flowers, newspaper for flowers, telephone white pages for dsp! Wrapping paper once (before I found washi paper!) .... And cardboard!!

Maggie, how are the kitties doing?

Shelly, are you watching The Bible series? It looked so,good ..I forgot it was starting and missed the first epidsode, but I don't watch tv ... So It's easy to miss dates!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #4255  
Quacker Stamper

Kitties are doing okay. I let Casper out of his cage last night, but confined him to the computer room for a day or so while he and Maggie Mae get used to each other. Maggie Mae hasn't warmed up to him yet although Casper would love to be friends with her. He did let me pick him up this morning and pet him, but then wouldn't let me near him. It's going to take some time for everyone to get used to each other. Corey is okay outside. He has found a friend in the other boy cat out there. Yesterday they were chasing each other around the yard. I was happy to see that he had made a friend.

Gonna be a quiet day at the office today. Boss is out of town conducting a mediation. Of course, he left me the job from HE** to work on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #4256  
Forum Fanatic

Received 446 Likes on 302 Posts

Checking in here quickly - Leave tomorrow AM for our conference. It's down on Cape Cod, so only about a 3 hr drive. But coming home on Friday afternoon will take a lot longer, not looking forward to that. As staff we work from 6:30 am until very late (10 pm is early) during our conferences, so coming home we are TIRED!! LOL then to sit in traffic just to get home is a killer.

RE: the DOTW - I am only just now starting to use DSP. Oh, I have my share...but it's still not natural for me to use it. I just start with my colors and if I want a pattern on the paper, I usually stamp, heat emboss or dry emboss my own background. Kind of lame I guess.

But I am always in awe of the cards I see you all produce with the patterned paper!! I just don't know how to do it myself. LOL

Gotta run, I probably won't get to check in here until the weekend. Wishing everyone a great week.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #4257  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I've been MIA - sickness is NOT convenient! Feeling much better this morning. YAY!!! I leave on a trip in 2 days though...and now my "To Do" list is a mile long and not much time to get things finished. EEK!!!

I love love LOVE patterned DP!!! WOO HOO!!! I didn't know I was supposed to have a plan/system for using it though. I just lay things together and see what I think looks good to my eyes.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #4258  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, late check in! Looking overcast and cloudy here -- just got word from my friend who is in Disney World (4.5 hours away from us) and it's POURING! She took her 2 kids for their birthdays and as bad luck would have it, it's raining, raining, raining :( I think we are getting some of that later in the week - then heard it's getting cold again???? Yeeesh, crazy weather for us here in Miami!

Jeanette, glad to see you! Rest up, have some chicken soup!

Well, girls - don't know if any of you are bike riders, but my dh FINALLY sold his Harley last night - the guy comes tomorrow or this weekend to pick it up. He is in total mourning :( I feel so bad for him, my dh is a sweetheart, but the bike just sat and sat. And we lost a good friend to a motorcycle accident last year - car -vs- bike, it wasn't his fault, the car turned and cut him off and he was killed ;( And dh doesn't ride it 'cept once in a blue moon on weekends and that's every 4 months or so! It's still hard to have your 'baby' leave but it's going to a good new home. A retired cop - an a motorcycle ret'd cop at that, and I'm breathing a sigh of relief!! I HATE those things - here in Miami, it's just asking for trouble :( Drivers are crazy here!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I say finally because he's been saying for 3 years he was going to put it for sale, and finally in January he did - brings it out once in awhile with the For Sale sign and this guy jumped. He just had to get his wife's permission first, lol.

Have a good one, girls!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #4259  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Kelly I can fully understand both you and your DH's feelings - my brother still rides (at 66yrs old) and whenever I know he is on the road and I hear of an accident involving a 'bike I hold my breath..... but it would nearly kill him not to be able to ride.

He is on a week's ride at the moment doing the most extreme of all the four compass points in the country, starting at the north and finishing south. It's called the Southern Cross run, and he has done it most years now for a decade. That's dedication!

Held my stamp class yesterday and it went well - except I forgot my sample for the second project - thankfully I had a spare kit, so I called it a mystery project, and made it up/demo'ed as I taught them!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #4260  
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, hope you start feeling better!

Darlene, have a good trip!

Kelly, know how you must feel about the bike. I personally think that they're so dangerous, but of course, the guys wouldn't think that at all. I'm with Maxine - I'd be on pins and needles if my husband or someone in my family rode.

Maggie, glad Corry is doing better outside now....and Casper on the inside! Life is good once again! LOL! Hope you don't have too horrible of a day with all the work your boss left.

Shelly, I'm still waiting to see a post all done in Chinese! LOL!

Paige, how's it coming with the Circut! I'm so clue-less on stuff like that - not even sure what all it does! Yikes! What's the difference between that and a Silhouette?

I just can't eye-ball paper good I guess. I love using one patterned piece, but other than that I'm lost. Oh, and Kelly - you asked what else we've used besides wallpaper, etc. The only thing I can think of is that when I first started stamping I had no sentiment stamps....so would just sentiments out of magazines, put a backing of card stock on them, and use those! Actually worked pretty good - just very limited.

Off to try to craft a little........house is clean (as clean as it's going to be anyway), so now it's time for ME!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #4261  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yeah, Lynn! You go girl! My house is currently spotless, which makes me chuckle .. since that saying "cleaning the house with kids at home is like nailing jello to a tree' comes to mind, ROFL!

Just got home from ds' TaeKwanDo class and thankfully missed the motorcycle driving off with it's new owner. My husband is a mess. He's SO sad :( My heart is sad for him but I'm truly so much more relieved.

I want to craft!!!! I made cards on Sunday for the rest of this week's posts but have so many ideas and desires to make things non-dt related

Maxine, you rock!! Now that's crafting on the spot!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #4262  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm feeling Kelly's DH's pain. :( I was a biker in my younger days. Love the feel of the wind rushing through my hair. I actually started driving our little Honda 150 when I was 10 or 11 years old. I was VERY good at it by the time I got old enough to get my license at 16, since I'd had a lot of practice. That expertise was no help though when the lady driving the car didn't see me and hit me broadside. The bike I was driving (it was bigger than that first one) was totalled - the frame was bent. And I had some injuries, but thankfully it wasn't worse than it was. I flew 32 feet through the air before landing in a heap on the pavement. My dad bought the bike back from the insurance company for peanuts and sort of straightened the frame and repaired other things that needed fixed. It was his "transportation" when he would go out to the back fields to check on cows in labor, etc. I tell you all that to tell you this....... years later when my parents became full-time RV'ers, they had a farm sale and sold almost all of their earthly possesions (everything that wouldn't fit in their RV). The most difficult thing for me to watch sell was that beloved bike. Pass the tissues, ladies......... Kelly's DH and I are both sniffling over his loss. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 AM   #4263  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Checking in here quickly - Leave tomorrow AM for our conference. It's down on Cape Cod, so only about a 3 hr drive. But coming home on Friday afternoon will take a lot longer, not looking forward to that. As staff we work from 6:30 am until very late (10 pm is early) during our conferences, so coming home we are TIRED!! LOL then to sit in traffic just to get home is a killer.

RE: the DOTW - I am only just now starting to use DSP. Oh, I have my share...but it's still not natural for me to use it. I just start with my colors and if I want a pattern on the paper, I usually stamp, heat emboss or dry emboss my own background. Kind of lame I guess.

But I am always in awe of the cards I see you all produce with the patterned paper!! I just don't know how to do it myself. LOL

Gotta run, I probably won't get to check in here until the weekend. Wishing everyone a great week.
You lucky lady. I've always wanted to go to Cape Cod. I hope you get to enjoy the area while you're there. Have a safe trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #4264  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I've been MIA - sickness is NOT convenient! Feeling much better this morning. YAY!!! I leave on a trip in 2 days though...and now my "To Do" list is a mile long and not much time to get things finished. EEK!!!

I love love LOVE patterned DP!!! WOO HOO!!! I didn't know I was supposed to have a plan/system for using it though. I just lay things together and see what I think looks good to my eyes.
Glad that you're feeling better. Where are you off to?? Hope you have a fun time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #4265  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good morning, late check in! Looking overcast and cloudy here -- just got word from my friend who is in Disney World (4.5 hours away from us) and it's POURING! She took her 2 kids for their birthdays and as bad luck would have it, it's raining, raining, raining :( I think we are getting some of that later in the week - then heard it's getting cold again???? Yeeesh, crazy weather for us here in Miami!

Jeanette, glad to see you! Rest up, have some chicken soup!

Well, girls - don't know if any of you are bike riders, but my dh FINALLY sold his Harley last night - the guy comes tomorrow or this weekend to pick it up. He is in total mourning :( I feel so bad for him, my dh is a sweetheart, but the bike just sat and sat. And we lost a good friend to a motorcycle accident last year - car -vs- bike, it wasn't his fault, the car turned and cut him off and he was killed ;( And dh doesn't ride it 'cept once in a blue moon on weekends and that's every 4 months or so! It's still hard to have your 'baby' leave but it's going to a good new home. A retired cop - an a motorcycle ret'd cop at that, and I'm breathing a sigh of relief!! I HATE those things - here in Miami, it's just asking for trouble :( Drivers are crazy here!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I say finally because he's been saying for 3 years he was going to put it for sale, and finally in January he did - brings it out once in awhile with the For Sale sign and this guy jumped. He just had to get his wife's permission first, lol.

Have a good one, girls!
Oh, sorry for your friend and her family at Disney. Doesn't sound like it would be much fun in the rain.

Our weather here is beautiful. Cool in the morning and then warming up a bit during the day. It is supposed to get up in the 80's by the weekend! Can Summer be very far off????

I'm so happy for you and your DH that he finally was able to sell the bike. The DH of one of my DD's good friends was killed about 5 years ago on his motorcycle and last year one of our clients was involved in an accident where a car hit him while on his bike. Luckily he survived, but he spent months in the hospital and rehab recovering from that. I've been on a bike before and it's exhillerating, but I still think very dangerous. Cars just don't watch out for them very well. I don't even like to drive behind one on the street.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #4266  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Kelly I can fully understand both you and your DH's feelings - my brother still rides (at 66yrs old) and whenever I know he is on the road and I hear of an accident involving a 'bike I hold my breath..... but it would nearly kill him not to be able to ride.

He is on a week's ride at the moment doing the most extreme of all the four compass points in the country, starting at the north and finishing south. It's called the Southern Cross run, and he has done it most years now for a decade. That's dedication!

Held my stamp class yesterday and it went well - except I forgot my sample for the second project - thankfully I had a spare kit, so I called it a mystery project, and made it up/demo'ed as I taught them!! :-)
That Southern Cross run does sounds extreme. I had to go Google it and see what it was all about. It is extreme. A lot of riding and having to check in at a certain time and place each day. I hope he has a great journey.

Good job on your stamp class.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #4267  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, glad Corry is doing better outside now....and Casper on the inside! Life is good once again! LOL! Hope you don't have too horrible of a day with all the work your boss left.

Paige, how's it coming with the Circut! I'm so clue-less on stuff like that - not even sure what all it does! Yikes! What's the difference between that and a Silhouette?

I just can't eye-ball paper good I guess. I love using one patterned piece, but other than that I'm lost. Oh, and Kelly - you asked what else we've used besides wallpaper, etc. The only thing I can think of is that when I first started stamping I had no sentiment stamps....so would just sentiments out of magazines, put a backing of card stock on them, and use those! Actually worked pretty good - just very limited.

Off to try to craft a little........house is clean (as clean as it's going to be anyway), so now it's time for ME!

Lynn
Hope you enjoyed your stamping time yesterday Lynn.

Things at my house are pretty much back to normal (whatever that is). :mrgreen: This morning I let Casper access to the rest of the house that he's allowed to be in. No going back in the hallway or the bedrooms where Chancey lives. He found a little ball with a bell inside that I hung off the back of a chair in the living room. None of them have played with that for a long time, but Casper found it and had fun with it for quite a while. He's still pretty shy, but doing a little better every day. Sometimes I can get close enough for petting and he rewards me with his purrs. He's such a cutie. I need to add a photo of him to my Cat House blog.

Ugh! Work was terrible! Turns out this DVD is 1 hr. and 18 min. long and so far I've been able to transcribe a whole 20 minutes!!!!!!! I told my boss this morning that he better NEVER volunteer me for something like this again. It's very painful. He said, I know it's painful. I said, NO you DON'T. How about you come out here and listen to this and try to decipher what they're saying. It's going to take me at least another week to finish this up at this rate.

I don't have a lot of sentiment stamps either. I'm always looking for some good ones, but now if I can't find something I really like, I generate it on the computer and print it off and I can print it in color too if I want. Works great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #4268  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm feeling Kelly's DH's pain. :( I was a biker in my younger days. Love the feel of the wind rushing through my hair. I actually started driving our little Honda 150 when I was 10 or 11 years old. I was VERY good at it by the time I got old enough to get my license at 16, since I'd had a lot of practice. That expertise was no help though when the lady driving the car didn't see me and hit me broadside. The bike I was driving (it was bigger than that first one) was totalled - the frame was bent. And I had some injuries, but thankfully it wasn't worse than it was. I flew 32 feet through the air before landing in a heap on the pavement. My dad bought the bike back from the insurance company for peanuts and sort of straightened the frame and repaired other things that needed fixed. It was his "transportation" when he would go out to the back fields to check on cows in labor, etc. I tell you all that to tell you this....... years later when my parents became full-time RV'ers, they had a farm sale and sold almost all of their earthly possesions (everything that wouldn't fit in their RV). The most difficult thing for me to watch sell was that beloved bike. Pass the tissues, ladies......... Kelly's DH and I are both sniffling over his loss. ;)
Yikes! So glad that you just suffered injuries and nothing worse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #4269  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning Stamp Addicts.....here in the AM- procrastinating cleaning.....hehehe
I am having trouble with reader for my blog feeds- when it works, I will get a few posts for today, a few from 1-2 days ago then it goes back 2 weeks...... I wanted to try and comment last night and in the time I had- I wasted it trying to figure out blogger......
I joined a class last night (again) for Chinese 2). The other students are 3 chapters behind where we were in tutoring, but that is fine- I need to study and review- 6 weeks till take off! I will do a Chinese post someday! Hahaha

My daughter is in Thialand...! She posted a FB picture yesterday riding on an elephant. Whoa- so cool!

Oh Motorcycles...all I am going to say is that I worked in Intensive Care for 25 years....... I am thankful that in Illinois there is a helmet law. : )

I better go pick-up- my monthly cleaning ladies are coming shortly......
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #4270  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Good Morning Stamp Addicts.....here in the AM- procrastinating cleaning.....hehehe
I am having trouble with reader for my blog feeds- when it works, I will get a few posts for today, a few from 1-2 days ago then it goes back 2 weeks...... I wanted to try and comment last night and in the time I had- I wasted it trying to figure out blogger......
I joined a class last night (again) for Chinese 2). The other students are 3 chapters behind where we were in tutoring, but that is fine- I need to study and review- 6 weeks till take off! I will do a Chinese post someday! Hahaha

My daughter is in Thialand...! She posted a FB picture yesterday riding on an elephant. Whoa- so cool!

Oh Motorcycles...all I am going to say is that I worked in Intensive Care for 25 years....... I am thankful that in Illinois there is a helmet law. : )

I better go pick-up- my monthly cleaning ladies are coming shortly......
Shelly
Sorry about Blogger giving you problems.

Wow! Only 6 more weeks until you're off to China! That seems to have really flown by. You sound like you're doing so well with your Chinese lessons. We had a sister missionary here in our Ward for a little while last year from Taiwan. We're friends on FB now that she's home and I love to see her posts. It has a translate button on it so I can read it, but most of the time, it's not in complete sentences like English so it's hard to understand what she's saying sometimes.

Oh, I'm still searching for a cleaning lady. I think after the windows are done, I'll really get after that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #4271  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm going to MS to spend the long weekend with my DD, Maggie! Such fun!!!

Oh, Thailand! I love Thailand! Riding an elephant is an experience - and I'm glad I did that last year. Also glad that the team leader says I don't have to do it again this year. LOL!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #4272  
Die Cut Diva

Late check in here! It was a beautiful day and we spent it outside doing various types of yard chores. My bod is so sore it's pathetic!!!

Jeanette, the entire time I was reading your post from this morning, I was just cringing!!!!! So glad you weren't injured really bad. My daughter started asking for a mo ped when she was about 12 years old........every year for Christmas she said that was the ONLY thing she wanted - all the way up to her being a senior in high school!!!!!! We kept telling her NO! To this day, she STILL is upset with us over that - and she just turned 40! LOL! She has a 12 year old now and I asked her if she was going to get her a mo ped if she wanted one - I heard a resounding NOOOOOOO!!!

Glad all is going better with Casper,Maggie. We need to see a picture of him now! I've printed out sentiments before on the computer too, but never can seem to find the right font that I want - and don't know how to do all the "word" and stuff to create good ones.

Shelly, not much longer now! Know you're getting excited about going. I've been having screwy things going on with my Reader too.........Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. Um......

Tomorrow is going to be a ME day! (hopefully) I figure I'm due up for one! LOL! Then Friday, I'm off to play cowboy again for the day. Not looking forward to that mainly due to it taking so long to get there - so I figured I NEEDED a me day!

Will holler again tomorrow!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #4273  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeepers- just saw this- for those of us with Blogger.....this stinks!

Official Google Reader Blog: Powering Down Google Reader

We will have to find a new way to follow blog posts!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #4274  
Die Cut Diva

Jeepers is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll never be able to figure out how to do something else!!!! Any suggestions?

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #4275  
Quacker Stamper

I had a real shock this morning. Got the estimate for the patio from my contractor - It was for $8900!!!!!!! He told me yesterday that the slab would be $1495, so that means the roof is $7500. We're talking about a simple aluminum cover, not one that is built with wood and having to have shingles. Guess I've got a couple more calls to make to get more estimates. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #4276  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm going to MS to spend the long weekend with my DD, Maggie! Such fun!!!

Oh, Thailand! I love Thailand! Riding an elephant is an experience - and I'm glad I did that last year. Also glad that the team leader says I don't have to do it again this year. LOL!
Have a great visit with your DD.

LOL! Guess the elephant ride wasn't exactly your thing. It looks like it would be a lot of fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #4277  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Jeepers- just saw this- for those of us with Blogger.....this stinks!

Official Google Reader Blog: Powering Down Google Reader

We will have to find a new way to follow blog posts!

Shelly
Hmmmm.. . You would think that they would offer some alternatives to this.

I just heard on the news that FB is changing again - back to the one column layout on your Timeline page. Guess a lot of people were unhappy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #4278  
Die Cut Diva

Could someone please tell me what this "linked-in" thing is suppose to be!!!!!!!!! I keep getting an e-mail from a fellow blogger for me to join her "linked-in". WHAT is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #4279  
Hardware Hotshot

Lynn - Linked In is just a net working thingy - you can post messages etc, but I don't really use it although I am on it.

I use the blogger dashboard to follow the blogs I read, rather than reader, so I think I am o.k......

Still no rain here, but we have a day of rain forecast for Sunday, so here's hoping,,,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #4280  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls, long morning here - finally a chance to check in. Here's to hugs, rain, mopeds, blogger, kitty cats and beyond! As you might have seen if you went to my blog, it's GONE! That's right went to add something and the entire template just went poof. I even backed it up but it won't reattach and now some funky template is there. I'm so frustrated!

Bad day at the dentist for my son - truly when it rains, it pours and I'm just ready to hit Happy Hour! So I'm heading to Starbucks *Grin*

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes