Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #4001  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Now.... since you're a computer genius ;) can you answer a question. I've had a problem with my blog - forever! In my blog lists (sidebars) I work hard at putting the blogs there and then renaming them... so it has "Lynn" listed in my sidebar instead of the name of your blog. That makes it easier for me... since I'm horrible at names. I'm sorry! True confession.

However............ every day or so, some of those "names" revert back to the name of the blog instead. They will be okay for a day or two, but then I have to go back into my settings and rename them all over again. Fortunately it's not all of the blogs in my sidebars, but it is soooooooo frustrating all the same. Why does that happen? What am I doing wrong???

Thanks!
I do the same thing on my sidebar Jeanette (and for the same reason!), but I've never had the names revert back to the blog name. Hope someone can help you out! I'm with Lynn on this techie stuff being too much to conquer sometimes!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #4002  
Die Cut Diva

Just letting y'all know I'll be off playing cowboy again tomorrow!! If I get a chance I'll check back in tomorrow evening - if not, it'll be Friday!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #4003  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello! I love the DOTW......there was a post a while back on SCS about how you chose your SCS name....I love hearing these types of things.....
I had seen a DT call put out for a small stamping company that was a Technique Junkies sponsor.....but you had to have a blog- hubby encouraged me to"Go for it"......so I did. It was a place for my creativity to be posted, and I am very talkative...so My Creative Rumblings......... I am very chatty....: )

A tip for leg cramps- like Charley Horses- go to the pharmacy and ask for Magnesium Oxide...... Works like a charm. Magnesium is also in tonic- so if you drink, you can just have a gin and tonic...hehehe I do not drink gin, so take Mg Ox....it really works : )

If you take diuretics, take K+ (Potassium)... If you do not take diuretics and have no kidney issues- bet you need Mg not K+

Off to create- I am in over my head this week! Lots to do!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #4004  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just letting y'all know I'll be off playing cowboy again tomorrow!! If I get a chance I'll check back in tomorrow evening - if not, it'll be Friday!

Lynn
YEEEEEHAAAAWW!!! :grin:

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #4005  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Hi girls - you have been chatting up a storm :-)
We got home Monday and by the time I had got everything sorted etc. I was 'exhustipated' and I still have to catch up with the blogs I follow - I am seriously considering starting at today's posts and then working back as far as I have time for....

I named my blog after my SCS name - I chose Kiwime as I am a Kiwi (as is a New Zealander - we often refer to ourselves as Kiwi's) and my initials are M.E. I then just added the Kreations part of the name.

Can't remember why I started the blog - maybe it was 'cos I had been hopping around some I think :-)

I am attaching a photo of my grandies that we visited - not that I am proud of them or anything ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A 02 13 (2).JPG (158.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Lydie 02 13 (9).JPG (138.1 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #4006  
Hardware Hotshot

Adorable kids Maxine! Definitely hug worthy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #4007  
Forum Fanatic

Received 445 Likes on 301 Posts

Morning, just dashing through before beginning a jam packed day at the office.

Maxine: ADORABLE GKs!!! Thanks for the sweet pictures!

I am often troubled with extreme charlie horses all up and down my legs and feet during the night. Extra potassium and magnesium are the only things that help. Tomato juice is the wonder drug, better than even bananas! Also, the quinine in tonic helps, but it's hard for me to drink carbonated beverages so I stick to the tomato juice.

DOTW: hahaha, love hearing about it, but I guess you can all tell why I chose my SCS name, kinda obvious!
As for my blog - well, I had in my mind that it would be fun to write from Bijou's perspective. And I've done that a few times, but not as often as I thought I would when I originally started the blog. I guess I thought that people would get tired of it...

Got to run, wishing you all a great day today!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #4008  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - you have been chatting up a storm :-)
We got home Monday and by the time I had got everything sorted etc. I was 'exhustipated' and I still have to catch up with the blogs I follow - I am seriously considering starting at today's posts and then working back as far as I have time for....

I named my blog after my SCS name - I chose Kiwime as I am a Kiwi (as is a New Zealander - we often refer to ourselves as Kiwi's) and my initials are M.E. I then just added the Kreations part of the name.

Can't remember why I started the blog - maybe it was 'cos I had been hopping around some I think :-)

I am attaching a photo of my grandies that we visited - not that I am proud of them or anything ;-)
OMG! They are just so adorable. I can see why you want to go have snuggle time with them.

I'm babysitting for a GF Thursday night so she and her DH can go out to dinner for Valentine's Day. Their little boy Harper is so adorable. At 14 months, he's a little flirt. I'm really looking forward to playing with him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 AM   #4009  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in to say hello! I love the DOTW......there was a post a while back on SCS about how you chose your SCS name....I love hearing these types of things.....
I had seen a DT call put out for a small stamping company that was a Technique Junkies sponsor.....but you had to have a blog- hubby encouraged me to"Go for it"......so I did. It was a place for my creativity to be posted, and I am very talkative...so My Creative Rumblings......... I am very chatty....: )

A tip for leg cramps- like Charley Horses- go to the pharmacy and ask for Magnesium Oxide...... Works like a charm. Magnesium is also in tonic- so if you drink, you can just have a gin and tonic...hehehe I do not drink gin, so take Mg Ox....it really works : )

If you take diuretics, take K+ (Potassium)... If you do not take diuretics and have no kidney issues- bet you need Mg not K+

Off to create- I am in over my head this week! Lots to do!

Shelly
I"m on blood pressure medicine which is a diuretic, so taking the Potassium. I'm thinking that instead of eating my banana in the morning, I'll try eating it at night along with my Potassium tablet.

Last night was good though, no problem. It's not something that happens all the time, just periodically.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #4010  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,948 Likes on 3,841 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #4011  
Die Cut Diva

Hi, all!

I'm back............another LONG day - but got a lot accomplished! (And I didn't even have to wear my spurs! LOL!)

Maxine and Darlene - love the way you came up with the names for your blog! So cute!
And Maxine, the grands are precious!! Thanks for the photos!

Jim used to get leg/feet cramps all the time - almost every night. We had a guy tell us to put a bar of soap at the end of the bed under the sheet and he wouldn't have them anymore. The guy SWORE that this worked! NOT!!! Besides that, the soap scoots around under the sheet at night and I was constantly having to mess with it every time I made the bed in the morning. For some unknown reason, he doesn't get the cramps like he used to though - and no, it had nothing to do with the soap! LOL! When he gets one now (seldom) he gets up and drinks a swig of pickle juice!!! I swear - and it actually works! The only problem is that if he has a bunch of cramps he drinks all the juice and my pickles shrivel up in the frig!

Have fun baby sitting tomorrow Maggie. Sounds like fun!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #4012  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL!!! Love the pickle juice remedy! ;)

My parents use the bar of soap method - have done so for years - and they swear by it! Say they never have leg cramps anymore. Silly!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #4013  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 AM   #4014  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Sorry ladies, I don't think I could drink pickle juice. :( Luckily I don't get the leg cramps often, so I just deal with it.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #4015  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #4016  
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Jim has a doctors appt. in San Antonio later this morning so that's what we'll be doing all day! UCK!!!! No chocolate (too fattening), no flowers (they just die), but maybe go out to eat somewhere.

Happy Day!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #4017  
Die Cut Diva

Well, we didn't even make it out to eat today! LONG day at the doctors, etc........Hope y'all had a nice Valentines!

Question - are any of you in the Really Reasonable Ribbon monthly club? Just thought I'd ask since I use a lot of ribbon in my card making.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #4018  
Quacker Stamper

Sorry you and Jim didn't get out to eat today Lynn. Those doctor visits can be so long and tiring.

I used to belong to the RRR group years ago, but I've tried to put a slow gear on my ribbon purchases. I have a ton of it. Every so often I think about signing up again but haven't.

I had an okay time babysitting at my GF's tonight. Harper was so tired and in a cranky mood after mom and dad left. She wanted me to keep him up as late as possible and as close to 8 as I could, but he was out by 7:15. Part of the cranky part was that he had a dirty diaper and he HATES to have his diaper changed. He did manage some smiling time to play with blocks and to read a few books, but he didn't even want me to pick him up and hold him. He has applesauce in a sippy pouch that he has before he goes to bed, so after we changed his diaper, I sat him on the floor and gave him that. When he was done, I popped him into bed and gave him is binkie. Stood there and rubbed his back for awhile to make sure he was going to go to sleep and then turned the light out and left him. Never heard another peep out of him.

Guess it's time for me to turn in now. I had a really late night last night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #4019  
Hardware Hotshot

I've been having lots of snuggle time the last few days too. DD came home with DGD, as her hubby has influenza and she didn't want baby to get sick.

Lynn, you may have just enabled me into trying the RRR club! I like the fact that you get a good variety and it beats having to buy full rolls. I'll let you know when/if I join!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #4020  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I do not NEED more ribbon! I HAVE LOTS of ribbon! Do not look at the RRR Club! Lather and repeat!

Waving to everyone................ and rushing through. I'm going out of town for the next couple of days - to a meeting. I'm on a statewide team and we have a meeting this weekend. I'll see you next week - for part of the week. LOL! I'll be gone to a meeting a couple of days next week, too. :rolleyes:

Hugs for all!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #4021  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Yep, it's still morning here. ;)

Safe journeys for your meeting Jeanette! Hope they all go well.

Paige, enjoy your snuggle time with the little one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #4022  
Die Cut Diva

Paige, I'm REALLY considering the RRR monthly club. I love all ribbon (maybe too much) and the only place I can buy it around here is at Walmart unless I want to drive an hour and half to the city.
Glad you're getting snuggle time in!

Hope you have a good trip, Jeanette!

I've been working on income tax again this afternoon so I can get it to the CPA. Jim wanted to help today (BIG MISTAKE) and he got everything so confused and messed up and asked for a divorce!!!! LOL! Told him I was just kidding - but mercy me....he had it in a mess. I FINALLY got it straightened out and it's going to the CPA on Monday!!! Yeah!! I hate doing that stuff.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Suppose to be "ok" weather around here and I hope to get some cards done!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #4023  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Stopping by to say hello- so fun to hear of all of the baby stories : ) One of these days...... hopefully it will be me! I have a friend that has 2 kids expecting a week apart from each other- we were thinking of having a Grandma shower for her- how fun!

I am on my stretch of a week of working. We are having alot of changes going on in my unit...it is an interesting transition and stressful all rolled up into one.

We stayed home on Valentines Day- had dinner (leftovers since I worked) and watched a movie. (well, we both worked during the day)..

Eeewwww Lynn- I could not drink pickle juice- although I love pickles! It has alot of salt in it.... I love garlic dill kosher pickles- yummy- love them on hamburgers.

Watching the news and heading about the meteor crashing into Syberia. Wow that is wild!

Getting ready for bed- working early tomorrow- I was hoping to go see the Life of Pi in the cheap theatre while it is 3D- has anyone seen it?

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #4024  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi girls - great to catch up on the chatter - I have been MIA due to various things, including the other grandson visiting today with his parents.

I gave myself and DH a scare on Thursday evening - I had a mini-stroke. :-( Scary and not nice. It was confirmed by the GP on Friday, with the instructions that if it occurs again to go to the hospital, which means calling the ambulance as DH does not now drive.... his other instruction was not to worry............ I have a heap of blood work to be done on Monday morning, and he will contact me of there is anything amiss.

I am seriously looking at cutting down my computer time, which means I will be 'culling' some of the blogs I follow, and possibly even pulling out of this group.... I am spending too much time here and then stressing over that which I don't get done around the place, and I don't need that. Will let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #4025  
Forum Fanatic

Heart Sending Prayers!

Oh Maxine, how very scary for you and hubby!! You will remain at the top of my prayer list all weekend for sure (I tend to pray in a running conversation with God, no real beginning or end, just a continuing conversation) and you will definitely come up repeatedly!

If you do cut down or drop out, I'm sure we will all understand. But know that you will be missed.

If I lived closer I would come by and lend a hand so that you would not stress about things. Please take good care of yourself - you are important to many people!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #4026  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - great to catch up on the chatter - I have been MIA due to various things, including the other grandson visiting today with his parents.

I gave myself and DH a scare on Thursday evening - I had a mini-stroke. :-( Scary and not nice. It was confirmed by the GP on Friday, with the instructions that if it occurs again to go to the hospital, which means calling the ambulance as DH does not now drive.... his other instruction was not to worry............ I have a heap of blood work to be done on Monday morning, and he will contact me of there is anything amiss.

I am seriously looking at cutting down my computer time, which means I will be 'culling' some of the blogs I follow, and possibly even pulling out of this group.... I am spending too much time here and then stressing over that which I don't get done around the place, and I don't need that. Will let you know.
OH, Maxine! How scary for you. Did the doctor tell you about supplements you can take to help? Do you have high blood pressure? I have a GF that had a stroke 2 years ago, but had some issues on her left side. She walks slower now, but other than that, she's fine. I do hope that you stick around our group. This is a no stress group, so don't worry about anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #4027  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Stopping by to say hello- so fun to hear of all of the baby stories : ) One of these days...... hopefully it will be me! I have a friend that has 2 kids expecting a week apart from each other- we were thinking of having a Grandma shower for her- how fun!

I am on my stretch of a week of working. We are having alot of changes going on in my unit...it is an interesting transition and stressful all rolled up into one.

We stayed home on Valentines Day- had dinner (leftovers since I worked) and watched a movie. (well, we both worked during the day)..

Eeewwww Lynn- I could not drink pickle juice- although I love pickles! It has alot of salt in it.... I love garlic dill kosher pickles- yummy- love them on hamburgers.

Watching the news and heading about the meteor crashing into Syberia. Wow that is wild!

Getting ready for bed- working early tomorrow- I was hoping to go see the Life of Pi in the cheap theatre while it is 3D- has anyone seen it?

Shelly
That does sound like fun. We have a couple of babies due to ladies at church and are planning a few baby showers. They are always fun.

Hope the changes going on in your Unit are going to be good for all.

I wanted to see LIfe of Pi when it was out, but missed it. Guess I'll catch it when it's on Pay per view or on DVD.

I have a Thrive party to go to this morning. If you don't know, Thrive is a manufacturer of long term food for food storage. I haven't bought anything from them before, so I'm anxious to see what they offer.

Later today I have an electrician coming to give me an estimate on getting my house rewired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #4028  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, Maxine, that sounds frightening for sure. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. My DH had a stroke several years ago and we have had to make some changes. His left side was affected, mostly strength and coordination in his hand, arm and foot. Keep us posted on your progress with doctor visits and tests. We'll always have a place for you here at SA.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #4029  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, that's horrible and I'm so sorry to hear this! I know the doctors will be able to figure all this out - starting with the blood tests I'm sure. Like everyone else said, you'll be in our prayers - and at the top of the list. And yes, keep us posted. As far as the group goes.....we're so laid back around here and just want you to stay. No stress as far as we're concerned and you just take your time and get things settled down and all the tests and everything run. And yes again......we'll always have a place for you here. And don't you worry about all the commenting and stuff either!!! I think all of us make and post our cards for the love of this hobby and not to see how many comments we can get!!! You just take care of YOU right now!
Sending special hugs to you!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #4030  
Quacker Stamper

Well, the electrician has come and gone. Looks like I'll be without power tomorrow for at least 5 hours. Good news is that the house does NOT need to be rewired, but there are some things that should be done for safety sake and to bring up to code. He's going to relocate the breaker boxes outside, redo the outlets in my bedroom and living room, install an outlet in the garage up by the garage door opener to plug it into and put the outside electrical wires in a pipe which goes up 3 feet in the air. Guess what I'm using my income tax refund for?? :mregreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #4031  
Hardware Hotshot

Well Maggie the good news is that your house will be up to code and safer wiring. The bad news will be the bill. Safety first, right? Sorry you will be without power for so long. Maybe a good time to read or craft!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #4032  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Maggie - what a way to spend your tax return - almost as painful as me spending ours at the dentist :-) - but the results will be worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #4033  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you all for your prayers - they are very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #4034  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to say Hi!
Oh Maxine- what a scare! I worked in a Neuro ICU where I saw alot of TIA's and strokes. Did you have any scans of your brain???
I will keep you in prayers- I pray ongoing too- a constant conversation in my head....you will be at the top of my thought process for a while! Please do whatever you need to to feel the best you can- and I hope you will stop by and say hi still!!!!

Maggie- glad you will be safe with some wiring changes! We have not done our taxes yet- hubby does them......so I have no idea if we get $$$ back or not. We do the same thing- use the $$$ to fix something in the house- new roof, new fridge...whatever!

I am looking forward to a day off tomorrow- have some DDT work to do- man am I a slow stamper! I need to find a design that CAS for one challenge card..... that is the hardest card i have made so far this year ( I know that and I have not even done it yet- hehehe

Off to help hubby fix a light that broke out of a light fixture...

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #4035  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, glad you didn't have to get the entire house re-wired! That would have taken a bundle of money I image. Good that you're getting the other done though - I'm sure it will be safer now. Without electricity that long - go to a movie!!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #4036  
Forum Fanatic

Morning Stamp Addicts!

Maggie: good luck on no power today. Ugh on using your tax return for an electrician, but safe is better than sorry. Hopefully there's a little left for some fun for you.

Maxine: good luck with your tests tomorrow. The prayers will continue! Drop by whenever you feel like it and give us an update. But no pressure, ok? Just know that we care!

Taxes: Don't even get me started. We NEVER get money back. We have to pay, even though extra $$ are withheld each pay period. We have very little debt, so I guess we get penalized by the government for living responsibly. Hubby does the taxes here too, but I'm going to learn this year (oh boy, can hardly wait - NOT). It's actually on today's docket so we'll see how grumpy I am if I check back here...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #4037  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Unfortunately, the whole refund goes to the electrical work, but that's okay. I'm glad that I don't have to dip into my savings to do this.

It's pretty chilly here this morning. Hope it warms up outside so it'll warm up inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #4038  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Shockers- I am dropping by before it is dark out..... I am devoting the entire afternoon and maybe the PM to stamping- after I take my shower and get dressed......

We saw Life of Pi last night in 3D- the scenery was beautiful! I tried reading the book- it was very different, and I stopped at about p. 100.....maybe I will retry....

We had a light break off of the dining room chandelier.....so when we tried to take it out, we discovered the middle hanging wire was supporting the light and we have it all taken apart to get the inner bolt reattached. 3 of the bulbs ended up breaking off- we do not use the light too often- is there a certain amount of time you should change a bulb so that does not happen- they are many years old- still were all working OK- the cleaning lady actually discovered it- one of the crystal lamps was loose and the bulb broke off when she showed it to me.....
That was quite a job for hubby!

It is sunny and 27 here today- gorgeous day!

Ray does the taxes- i never do them at all- if anything happened to him, I would go to an accountant!

I woke up and looked out the window this morning, and there was a huge furball in my birdfeeder....... This is hubbys buddy!

Have a great day
Shelly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8546.jpg (24.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8547.jpg (27.9 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #4039  
Quacker Stamper

Good afternoon. Most of my lights are back on and I do have my WiFi back. He still needs to install the rest of the breakers. I think he's going to end up coming back tomorrow after work to finish up the inside - outlet in the garage and change 8 outlets in the house. There are still a few things not working in the house, so he need to finish those up. He had to go home to get a pipe bender. Don't know why they don't bring all their stuff since they know what they're going to do and what they'll need. It's like going to a Scrap or Stamp camp and leaving your cutter and/or inks at home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #4040  
Die Cut Diva

Glad you have electricity again Maggie.

Shelly, that light fixture sounds like it really was a lot of trouble - but know y'all will get it fixed and it'll be beautiful again.

Taxes: We don't even attempt to do ours! I gather everything us, make notes, etc. and then it all goes to the CPA. I don't even care what he charges - it's worth it to me not to have to deal with it at all. The tax laws change so much every year and there's no way I could ever keep up with them! This same guy (CPA) has been doing ours for years so he can probably do them with his eyes closed - or it sticks it all in a computer and lets that do the job! LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes