Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #81  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atg gun

Thanks all of you for replying so fast......
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #82  
Compulsive Stamper

Default atg tape

I figured out how to load this gun--great video--now if I buy 12 rolls of tape refills --will they dry out????so many of my Creative memories tapes have dried up and I get so frustrated!!!!!!Some like the ebay guy and some like framers supply--is their any others????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Update on Canadian Tape Depot Order

For everyone following the saga of my Canadian order with The Tape Depot, this is just a quick note to say that they came through for me (and those that purchased via me). The order finally arrived in Canada safe and sound and it has now been shipped to all that ordered.

Despite the first hiccup with them shipping it by UPS in error, I would order again from them.

The prices can't be beat!

When I accounted for the shipping to the various addresses in Canada, the most expensive final cost per roll was $2.46 and the least expensive was $1.79. Those local that didn't need shipping ended up only paying $1.32 per roll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldiegirlView Post
I figured out how to load this gun--great video--now if I buy 12 rolls of tape refills --will they dry out????so many of my Creative memories tapes have dried up and I get so frustrated!!!!!!Some like the ebay guy and some like framers supply--is their any others????
I got a couple of rolls of the real "scotch gold" tape free when I got my red ATG gun from Overstock. I honestly think I like the tape I get from Tape Depot better, and it is so much less expensive.

As far as it drying out, I seem to use mine up pretty quickly, so I can't really speak to that. Each roll comes individually packed in a sealed cellophane bag though.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #85  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My unused Tape Depot rolls survived a 4 month crated move over the pacific ocean and are just as sticky as ever. I think you will be fine. I love their tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #86  
Compulsive Stamper

Default atg tape

I'm going to order from Tape Depot--its worth a try--I'll order from online like most of you gals did...First I'm going use p all I have of the not so good stuff that you have to use double most of the time....thanks so much....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #87  
Glitter Guru

I bought from their eBay store and got the stuff in 5 days...and I am in Alaska. So that was FAST. And I only put tape on 2 sides of layers...it holds really well. be careful...you can't pull up the adhered paper easily if you make a mistake! Today i used it for some ribbon and it tore the back of the cardstock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #88  
Die Cut Diva

I got a pink ATG gun about a month ago, had no trouble loading the tape, and quickly got the hang of using it...but...

Gosh this stuff is a strong adhesive! I now find I keep laying my layers a little crooked, and once it gets even the tiniest grip on the paper, there is absolutely no chance to reposition. I've have to completely redo cards a few times, and am now super careful when adhering a layer. Is there some trick that I'm missing to getting the layers straight?

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #89  
Glitter Guru

No trick...but you are right, you have to be REALLY careful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #90  
Glitter Queen

When l first got my ATG gun l had done the same thing...So now before l lay my cardstock down l hold it at both the sides and then lay it down. l hope this helps..l just Love my ATG gun and l am in the habbit of using it this way, and for the most part l get it right the first time..but l have had my gun now for over five years..Just keep at it and it will workout..Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #91  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I got a pink ATG gun about a month ago, had no trouble loading the tape, and quickly got the hang of using it...but...

Gosh this stuff is a strong adhesive!
Exactly what tape are you using? The tape that came with my pink ATG seems a bit wimpy compared with yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #92  
Glitter Queen

l have the red ATG gun..however they say that these are both the same size..l use Scotch ATG Gold Acid Free 12 roll per box 1/4 in/po x 36 yd per roll and they hold up nice and firm in my gun..Hope this helps..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #93  
Kookie Creator

I am in the process of making wedding invitations for #2 son. I went to the dollar store and bought up all their stock of tape rollers for $1.99 each. I figured that would do it...nope. Each invitation consists of multiple layers and I was lucky if I got 25 of the first layer done....sure went through those tape rollers fast!

I had a coupon so I headed to my local Michael's store and picked up the pink roller from 3m. It took a learning curve until I got it down pat now. After a few mistakes on placement...I now hold it by the sides and eyeball it carefully to make sure all the edges are even. I then gently place down the top left corner and carefully place down the bottom left corner. If you don't press down hard right away the glue remains "stringy" and you can adjust the placement a bit.

As for the tape refills....I followed the links and the majority of the rolls only have 36 yards on them. The ones at Michael's have 72 yards. With the exchange, shipping and duty etc. it is cheaper in the long run to buy them at Michael's with a coupon. Also, my DH and I took a calculator and compared pricing to the smaller tape rollers. Just using the ones I purchased at the dollar store...the gun paid for itself a couple of times over.

BTW...I used the General Purpose tape and returned it for a refund. It may be a bit cheaper but I found the glue was really crappy and kept sticking to the tape roll and getting wasted. I prefer the Acid Free!

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatrickView Post
As for the tape refills....I followed the links and the majority of the rolls only have 36 yards on them. The ones at Michael's have 72 yards. With the exchange, shipping and duty etc. it is cheaper in the long run to buy them at Michael's with a coupon. Also, my DH and I took a calculator and compared pricing to the smaller tape rollers. Just using the ones I purchased at the dollar store...the gun paid for itself a couple of times over.
I assume you're in Canada based on the comments on duty and exchange. I think, but I could be wrong, that the 72 yards you are referring to is for the 2-pack and each single roll would contain 36 yards, equaling 72 yards in the package of two. The ATG tape at my Michael's in Halifax, NS even with a 40% coupon is still way pricier than what I got from The Tape Depot. It was an ordeal but worth it to save money. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #95  
Kookie Creator

Thanks Leslie, I will look into it further.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #96  
Insane Embellisher

Has anyone tried Scapa T002 ATG Tape? I am having trouble finding the tape depot in the 1/2 inch, which is what I use.
Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #97  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts
Default How much did you pay?

When the pink Scotch ATGs first came out at Michael's, the price was $24.99. I know this for sure, because I bought one with a 50% off coupon. Now I see that they are $39.99! That's a $15 price increase! I'm so glad I got mine when I did, and I usually don't buy tools when they first come out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #98  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Atg tape

I can't believe how companies can increase their prices so rapidly --tape these days hardly sticks to anything--especially the little tape dipenser tape--whats the matter with these companies? What I would like to know is this atg scapa Too2 tape says that it sticks better than any other..wonder why everyone is buying from that ebay guy--tape depot? Before I buy 12 rolls I'd like to know which is the best for card making--boxes--albums---mini albums ??? Theres clear tape--gold tape--yellow tape--please help???// The tape that comes with atg dispenser is kind of messy--not like the scoring tape..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #99  
Insane Embellisher

Im interested in the Scapa tape as well. Anybody try it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 06:23 AM   #100  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmcgraw01View Post
Im interested in the Scapa tape as well. Anybody try it?
I just used it at a crop last night, and I wasn't very happy with it at all. It was the 1/2" tape. It seems as if the adhesive is wound backwards, and it's on the wrong side of the release paper. :confused: I actually had to thread the tape a different way, and it sort of pulls off the backing and hangs there before it rolls over the rollers. I don't know if I'm describing it well, but that's what it does. And then the applicator gets all gummed up. :mad: It's very frustrating, and I still have 5 more rolls! I'm hoping that this first one is just a bad roll, and that the others are wound properly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #101  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatrickView Post
I am in the process of making wedding invitations for #2 son. I went to the dollar store and bought up all their stock of tape rollers for $1.99 each. I figured that would do it...nope. Each invitation consists of multiple layers and I was lucky if I got 25 of the first layer done....sure went through those tape rollers fast!

I had a coupon so I headed to my local Michael's store and picked up the pink roller from 3m. It took a learning curve until I got it down pat now. After a few mistakes on placement...I now hold it by the sides and eyeball it carefully to make sure all the edges are even. I then gently place down the top left corner and carefully place down the bottom left corner. If you don't press down hard right away the glue remains "stringy" and you can adjust the placement a bit.

BTW...I used the General Purpose tape and returned it for a refund. It may be a bit cheaper but I found the glue was really crappy and kept sticking to the tape roll and getting wasted. I prefer the Acid Free!

Cathy

Thanks for mentioning the General Purpose tape, Cathy. I've been having the same problems with it!! My friends use the Acid Free and don't have any problems. I don't think the general purpose adhers as well -- and I sticks to the rewind roll and you waste a ton.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #102  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking about what tape to buy--I first bought the Glue arts-Glue glider gun and it didn't work right so I went on their website and got their phone number and called...They were so nice to replace the gun first and their sending me a refill and a postage paid envelope to send the gun back...I can't believe this company was so nice...They guarantee their tape....and all their products she told me...It pays to call the company if something doesn't work right...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #103  
Stampin' Fool

sub

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 06:43 AM   #104  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I just used it at a crop last night, and I wasn't very happy with it at all. It was the 1/2" tape. It seems as if the adhesive is wound backwards, and it's on the wrong side of the release paper. :confused: I actually had to thread the tape a different way, and it sort of pulls off the backing and hangs there before it rolls over the rollers. I don't know if I'm describing it well, but that's what it does. And then the applicator gets all gummed up. :mad: It's very frustrating, and I still have 5 more rolls! I'm hoping that this first one is just a bad roll, and that the others are wound properly.

I just had this happen at a crop this weekend - but I was using the general purpose Scotch ATG tape! I know exactly what you are talking about because my tape did the same thing. Kinda adhered itself to the wrong side of the backing paper. I thought I had threaded it wrong but that wasn't the problem. The problem was the tape was adhered to the back of the paper and was rolling up onto itself. GRRRRR!!
Has anyone else had a problem with the general purpose tape being stringy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #105  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdoyle8View Post
I just had this happen at a crop this weekend - but I was using the general purpose Scotch ATG tape! I know exactly what you are talking about because my tape did the same thing. Kinda adhered itself to the wrong side of the backing paper. I thought I had threaded it wrong but that wasn't the problem. The problem was the tape was adhered to the back of the paper and was rolling up onto itself. GRRRRR!!
It's good to know I'm not alone, although I'm sorry you're going through the same thing as I am. I thought I was going crazy. I must have threaded my ATG 3 times before I realized that it wasn't me; it was the *%$!+ tape. ;) I haven't tried the GP tape; I've got the acid free one and haven't had any trouble with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #106  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdoyle8View Post
I GRRRRR!!
I just finished cussing my way through a 12-roll box of the stuff and will NEVER buy it again. The 3M gold acid-free 1/4" always worked great for me, but when the price went up I decided to try the 3M red. What a mistake.

But here's the best tip I've ever been able to give on the Forums:

I used to buy the 3M Gold tape in 12-roll boxes from framingsupplies.com, because they were the least expensive. But now, their shipping fee is outrageous, so I went hunting for a better deal and saved soooooo much money at cropandstick.com. They were clever enough to put the rolls of tape in a shipping envelope, along with the empty box flattened, so when it arrived , for less than $5 postage, I pushed the box into shape and put the rolls in it and was good to go. I saved over $12 just on the shipping, and the tape was less expensive but I don't remember by exactly how much. The shipping was VERY fast too.

I've never tried brands other than 3M (Scotch tape) because I was always so satisfied with the Gold acid-free. Nothing on my cards ever falls off or gets loose over time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #107  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Thanks for the link. I went and looked and see that this isn't the same pink one I was talking about. You're right, this Scotch pink one is the same size as the red. I saw a different pink one at ACM that was smaller. I can see where I was confusing everyone. Buggainok is the correct one. My pink one is not the Scotch. It must be some off brand. I will check it out later this week.
You are probably looking at the PRO GLIDER, another tape runner that is Pink, and smaller than the 3/M Pink ATG.

I have both the ProGlider and the Pink ATG. I just bought the Pink 3/M ATG at Michael's for 19.99. I am trying it, and liking it. It holds more tape than my other tape runners. I have a friend just starting to scrap and make cards, I may pass on my other tape runners to her and just keep the ATG. I am already liking the ATG the most, and I've had it under a week!

The Pro Glider is a great tape runner too. The tape is very good, but I really can run through that tape when I get on a card making craze. I like the ATG rolls that hold more footage of tape and is a lot less expensive per roll. Plus it is great adhesive!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #108  
Kookie Creator

For those of you that had the bad rolls where the adhesive seems to be on the wrong side of the backing paper......what do you do to make it work?? I've tried flipping it, reloading...etc. Nothing works!! And if I manage to get it to roll out...the backing paper won't rewind like it should. Have to open up the gun and manually roll it!

I've tried everything....and finally just had to load another roll...the new roll is the gold acid free....the other one I think is what came with the gun!! What a joke!!

I've read about other people having this problem so am looking for any suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #109  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcousins13View Post
I got my ATG (the red one) in the mail a few days ago and am in LOVE!! I do not regret the buy!
I own both of these tape guns and there is absolutely NO difference in the guns besides the color. I am looking at them right now, and they are the exact same size, work the same way, and take the same tape. It is very obvious they were made from the same mold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #110  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by suni19View Post
For those of you that had the bad rolls where the adhesive seems to be on the wrong side of the backing paper......what do you do to make it work?? I've tried flipping it, reloading...etc. Nothing works!! And if I manage to get it to roll out...the backing paper won't rewind like it should. Have to open up the gun and manually roll it!

I've tried everything....and finally just had to load another roll...the new roll is the gold acid free....the other one I think is what came with the gun!! What a joke!!

I've read about other people having this problem so am looking for any suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

Tammy
I am not sure I can describe what I do....but once the tape is in the ATG I take a portion of the sticky portion and place it on the side it should be on and then let the tape roll and it will work itself to stick to the correct side.

As I said it is difficult to describe but it will work. I know the first roll I came upon that was on the wrong side I tossed but when I later had another roll like it I was determined to make it work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #111  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by suni19View Post

Thanks!

Tammy
What I did was peel the adhesive off the top of the paper and thread it over the rollers - without the paper. It does break occasionally, but it's better than wasting it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #112  
Compulsive Stamper

I just received the glue glider gun back from the company(note) I called them and they are sending me a new gun---it wasn't the tape that was bad, it was their gun...The new gun works great--what I like about it is theres no threading- just slip the disc inside--it may be a little more expensive to refill, but no hazzles on using it...and the company will always back their product...Its called glue glider Pro....its a little pink and green gun....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #113  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
What I did was peel the adhesive off the top of the paper and thread it over the rollers - without the paper. It does break occasionally, but it's better than wasting it.
I'm happy to report that the second roll was wound correctly, and the adhesive is on the correct side. Hopefully, I got only one bad roll, and the other four will be OK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #114  
Embossing Fanatic

Default TAPE DEPOT ATG Gun OFF BRAND?

Hi,
Does anyone have the ATG gun that the Tape Depot sells? I saw it on eBay and was wondering if it's just as good as the Scotch ones. Here is what the Tape Depot says about it:
ADHESIVE TRANSFER TAPE DISPENSER
ATG TAPE DISPENSER

ATG 50 DISPENSER: This is the ATG-50 Tape Dispenser for REVERSE WOUND TRANSFER TAPES on a 1 INCH PLASTIC CORE.

- Dispenser has a SPECIAL SPIN SPOOL allowing use of the COMPLETE ROLL without waste, friction or effort.

- It is also provided with an adjustable gear, just rotate spool to make it work. Weighs less than 1 Pound!

- ATG TAPE DISPENSER FITS 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" x 36 YD ROLLS

Now they have a special with the gun and 6 rolls of tape for $39.50 + 5.95 s/h OR gun with 12 rolls tape for $47.50.
The gun alone with FREE SHIP is $36.99.

Thanks everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #115  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetotalkmom3boysView Post
Hi,
Does anyone have the ATG gun that the Tape Depot sells? I saw it on eBay and was wondering if it's just as good as the Scotch ones. Here is what the Tape Depot says about it:
ADHESIVE TRANSFER TAPE DISPENSER
ATG TAPE DISPENSER

ATG 50 DISPENSER: This is the ATG-50 Tape Dispenser for REVERSE WOUND TRANSFER TAPES on a 1 INCH PLASTIC CORE.

- Dispenser has a SPECIAL SPIN SPOOL allowing use of the COMPLETE ROLL without waste, friction or effort.

- It is also provided with an adjustable gear, just rotate spool to make it work. Weighs less than 1 Pound!

- ATG TAPE DISPENSER FITS 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" x 36 YD ROLLS

Now they have a special with the gun and 6 rolls of tape for $39.50 + 5.95 s/h OR gun with 12 rolls tape for $47.50.
The gun alone with FREE SHIP is $36.99.

Thanks everyone!!
That is what I have and I like it more than the 3M one. You can find a comparison on my blog, just go to my blog, click on the labels in the sidebar and click on ATG. You will see them both there. The pink ATG is the same as the red.

HTH

Oh, I also get all my tape from the Tape Depot and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #116  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
That is what I have and I like it more than the 3M one. You can find a comparison on my blog, just go to my blog, click on the labels in the sidebar and click on ATG. You will see them both there. The pink ATG is the same as the red.

HTH

Oh, I also get all my tape from the Tape Depot and I love it.

Thanks so much for the info on your blog.

I wasn't sure if I was reading things wrong when I researched these guns in the past because I don't understand buying a Scotch gun that is twice the price and the ATG-50 can be used with different sizes of tape if that's important to you. I guess most people use coupons when they buy the Scotch guns so that makes them more affordable.
I found the ATG 7502 or ATG 50 at Findtape.com for $24.22 but the shipping was $10 so I will shop around for better pricing and that may be with the Tape Depot on ebay.
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #117  
Glitter Guru

You are welcome! I think to answer your question, people are brand loyal and feel like the generic is not as good. I was like you, could not justify a gun for $50 when there was one for half that price!

This past year, Scotch made a pink one targeted at scrapbookers. You can get it for 50% off at Mikes with a coupon, so it is MUCH more affordable. The tape though...I prefer Tape Depot's over the ATG Scotch brand, but that is just me. It is also cheaper. I buy 12 rolls at once.

Even with the almost equal prices now, I still prefer my generic gun for the reasons I stated in my blog post. It just fits my hand better and I feel I get better control.

Good luck in your search!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #118  
Glitter Guru

I have the ATG 50 from the Tape Depot, and I love it. I even show how I changed the color on my blog. I have the pink Scotch ATG as well, and I love that too. I keep the ATG 50 loaded with 1/2" tape and the Scotch loaded with 1/4" tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #119  
Glitter Guru

I'm almost out of tape refills and need to order more for my pink atg gun. I just saw refills that were 60 yards on a roll, and am just curious if they fit into the pink gun. The ones I use are the 36 yard rolls, but it would be really nice not to have to change rolls as often! Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #120  
Stampin' Fool

I found this HTH

Scotch ATG Applicators quickly and neatly apply Scotch and 3M branded adhesive transfer tapes. A touch of the trigger releases the adhesive and liner for quick, controlled application of tape. No mess or clean-up. Saves time and effort. This ATG applicator applies adhesive transfer tape while simultaneously removing and rewinding the liner. The liner is captured on a secondary spool, leaving only the adhesive on the surface. The Scotch ATG Adhesive Applicator Gun is perfect for all of your scrapbooking and paper projects. Each package includes one ATG Applicator Gun, 2 rolls of �� tape - 72 yards total and also features:
Covered gears minimize applicator jams
Transparent cover allows the user to keep a constant check on remaining tape
Holds up to 60 yards of Scotch Adhesive Transfer Tape
For use with �� Scotch ATG Tapes
3M will donate a portion of the proceeds to Susan G Komen Foundation.
Please note! This is the same size as the ATG 714 and will hold all 1/4" tape designed for ATG use.
Reply With Quote Likes