Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default December 2009 Daily Album

There's been some recent chatting about a doing the December Daily Album as featured on Ali Edwards site

Our very own Elizabeth G. put forth this challenge to the rest of us in this post But basically now is the time to find that old stash of Christmas themed goodies and get your little journals in order so when it's time to start plopping in pictures and journaling it's a no brainer.

I know CanadianKristin has already made a great jumpstart on her pags, I am hoping she will share those soon!!!!

Tamcan is also eager as is Mary_Pat419

so hopefully we can start sharing our ideas for this and getting our albums put together.

I know December is an especially busy month for me, my dd will be 3, but we will be celebrating early, going to Disney on Ice "100 Years of Magic" and tons of family rotating in and out. So I am anxious to do this.

I guess will you all be paper-scrapping or digi-scrapping, I am having mixed thoughts as now with the SU My Digital Studio program, it's so darn easy to digi-scrap but I still love paper and being able to flip through immediately, so I am leaning towards a 6x6 album perhaps. ANy other thoughts on the best way to handle this?

Also if anyone has samples or other links to share, please do so, I think the only way to be accountable is to lean on one another and have great ideas floating out there for all of us to learn from.
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Here are my thoughts! I am GOING for it! December is a tough one for me since my sons grew up-really they are 25 and 27, I should get over it already! Well-at my digi home-Designer Digitals where Ali Edwards and Katie Pertiet both have templates for December Dailys I looked at some of them that had been done before and http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...ber-daily.html here is a thread with links to books and all sorts of ideas!
So lets have some fun-I can't hardly wait for December-maybe I will start in November!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #3  

Valerie, thanks for sharing, definitely some great inspiration. I think I am going to go traditional with the December Daily and try Project 365 digi come Jan 1, just got too far behind with picture printing and everything else, will still try to complete it to a point but not worry that I don't have a picture each day, at least with digi I think I will be able to stay on top of it better and have a wonderful album to print out at the end of the year that we can reminisce upon for the years to come
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I think what I love best about those books is that it can translate to paper-the ideas of the things that they photographed that I just might not have thought about-the big thing in all of them seemed to be the journaling, which also seemed to be a big part of Ali Edward's paper daily-cant wait to see what we all create!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Okay...no school this week and I should have time to start it on Wednesday. I was hoping to back it up to Thanksgiving but not sure that's gonna work since that's the next day ;-)

HOW DID THE HOLIDAYS GET HERE SO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 03:31 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I really wanted to do a December Daily album last year but just didn't do it. I think I'm afraid I won't have pictures for each day or that nothing special will happen that day, so then what do I do? KWIM?

The more we thank, the more we discover we have to be thankful for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, my gf came over yesterday to scrap. She started and finished a project from Stacy Julian's site with old Christmas pictures...too cute! It's in her blog and under her Saturday Play Day...http://stacyjulian.com/blog/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 03:58 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

This sounds interesting... I will look at Ali's site and read up on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #9  

Quote:

Originally Posted by carla36301View Post
I really wanted to do a December Daily album last year but just didn't do it. I think I'm afraid I won't have pictures for each day or that nothing special will happen that day, so then what do I do? KWIM?
I think it can be more of a personal record as well, how you felt that day - overwhelmed? maybe some thoughts for the following year, things you could do better or things that went over really well.

Some observations perhaps? Did it snow today, was it the first? Just jot down your thoughts for the day even if nothing significant occurred.

When I attempted the 365, I took a picture of a new dish I made, just to show it off a little, and it turned out to be something my family all enjoyed.

Just think outside the box (or better yet, don't think) let it just come to you
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Found an album I think I'll be happy with and have the Christmas paper and ribbon out...just need to go through my things for any other Christmas supplies :-) Getting ready for Dec 1st...think I'll do it as I go vs. prepping the book and then adding photos. I'm hoping at this point that will be less stressful :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #11  

yea MP, I found some great 12x12 paper last night at M's, it's Martha Stewart and has punch out numbers maybe alpha too, haven't looked too hard. I think I have an old 6x6 CM album never used, so need to go check that out too, waiting on hubby to come home in a few hours and then get all my stuff gathered together, but like you I keep thinking I should get ahead of the game with it, but then I just never know what I will do that day, what I think I might do is go ahead and get my 6x6 bases cut, so at least those are ready to populate, at least get a little prep done And find all my old Xmas goodies too!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:08 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Hi all! I'm new to this side of SCS...I recently found Ali Edwards December Daily and I am axiously awaiting getting started. In fact, last night I put my entire album together in about 1.5 hours. It's simple, but for my first quick mini album I decided to start that way. I used SUs Christmas Jingle!
Someone in these posts (sorry i don't remember who) mentioned feeling like they might not have "enough" photos. Try just picking "daily" things --- do you go to the gym on Tuesdays? Do you have meatloaf every Friday? etc... The idea is not necessarily to capture special things, but your everyday life!
Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Charlsanne for starting this thread. I have started my December Daily album today with the cover page. Todays page will be about the Advent Calendar, unless we go visit Santa tonight.

I know some of you are worried you won't be able to fill up your book, but even if you do a day on reflections or wrapping presents, that is good too! Take a picture of your stack of Christmas cards and packages you are about to mail to your family and friends. Take a picture of your absolute favorite ornament on your tree and tell why it is your favorite!

You are more than welcome to sift through my 2008 DD here for other ideas.

My favorite pages were my "Christmas sensory" pages on days 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 - they cover all the senses that remind me of Christmas. Make your own sensory pages to fill in the gaps - thats 5 days right there :p

Hope some of these ideas ease your worries!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Received 167 Likes on 107 Posts

I am going to particpate...ish. LOL. I am getting the new MDS from Stampin' Up! for Christmas. Soo, I will be taking photos daily and then at the end of the day recording my journaling for each page plan. Then, after Christmas day, I'll put it all together! I am really excited about the whole idea!

Liz- I love your suggestions for filling in the "normal" days! Wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
I am going to particpate...ish. LOL. I am getting the new MDS from Stampin' Up! for Christmas. Soo, I will be taking photos daily and then at the end of the day recording my journaling for each page plan. Then, after Christmas day, I'll put it all together! I am really excited about the whole idea!

Liz- I love your suggestions for filling in the "normal" days! Wow!
Thanks, Tanya! It is a good idea for you to journal every day (and maybe write down the list of picture(s) that coorispond to that day.

I have my picture picked out, so I am going to do the LO tonight based on that picture (leave room for the pic) and print it out at Walgreens in the next few days along with days 2 -4 maybe. ;)

We didn't get to go visit Santa tonight, so we will save that for another day - maybe tomorrow night? :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Also - for those of you that don't know, PageMaps has sketches called "mini maps" that are sized for 8x8 LO's which can also be used for 6x6 by reducing pic dimensions by 25%
The mini maps are located in the jpeg archives.

Just thought I would pass that along for those who are design-LO-challenged like myself ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

So glad you ladies started this thread!!! I am still undecided about this project but really think I would like to do it. At any rate, I do all my creating on my days off and my next day off is on Thursday so maybe I can make up my mind by then. I think like others I'm not sure I would have enough photos or events to fill it up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I just thought of something I may incorporate into my album this year. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of a Christmas Carol. You know how Ebineezer (sp?) is visited by 3 ghosts? Well instead of ghosts, I think I may do something like "Thoughts of Christmas Past" (with a childhood christmas photo and a fave memory), "Christmas Present(s)" (christmas day), and a "Hope for Christmas Future" with a thought/hope at a set Christmas distance in time. Anyways, thought I would share for those that are worried about filling pages. ;) I would love to hear some from ya'll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
I just thought of something I may incorporate into my album this year. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of a Christmas Carol. You know how Ebineezer (sp?) is visited by 3 ghosts? Well instead of ghosts, I think I may do something like "Thoughts of Christmas Past" (with a childhood christmas photo and a fave memory), "Christmas Present(s)" (christmas day), and a "Hope for Christmas Future" with a thought/hope at a set Christmas distance in time. Anyways, thought I would share for those that are worried about filling pages. ;) I would love to hear some from ya'll!
What a great idea Elizabeth!! that is such a great concept - I may have to "swipe" it for my December Daily!

As far as the album size, what I did was buy a cover from a vintage Children's Christmas book and I added 3 binder rings..most of the pages are just assorted papers from my stash but they're about 6" x 8" which I think will be nice and easy to fill.

I am so excited to start my book, I will be posting my pages hopefully starting tomorrow on my blog (I'm hoping I'll feel more accountable to do a page each day, or as close as I can get to that)...so far I'm already behind today! lol..

I'm excited to see what you ladies are doing with your albums!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks so much for all the great ideas.
I was planning on doing this last year and didn't. All year I have been buying little bits of holiday/ clearance. I have most of my pages set up using Theresa Collins Christmas/Travel pp from last year.I will add bit n pcs depending on my days event. I'm using a Making Memories red corduroy 8x8 3 ring binder, I found on clearance. This album had 10 completed pages and embelli's from the MM christmas 08 line, I will use for a later project.
My Dec. one page will be about organizing, getting up the energy and prepping for Christmas.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Last edited by tamcan; 12-01-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up I'm In

Well, you ladies have convinced me to do this Dec Daily thing. I had been debating signing up for the Journal Your Christmas class at shimelle.com for awhile now because I feel like the daily prompts would help me plus you get some downloadable freebies for both digi and paper scrappers so, since I am unable to sleep right now that's what I just did. Now that I've spent my money I know I will do this project. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
Well, you ladies have convinced me to do this Dec Daily thing. I had been debating signing up for the Journal Your Christmas class at shimelle.com for awhile now because I feel like the daily prompts would help me plus you get some downloadable freebies for both digi and paper scrappers so, since I am unable to sleep right now that's what I just did. Now that I've spent my money I know I will do this project. ;)
Yeah! for Jenn

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
So excited you are going to join us! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Liz and Tam. I really hyped about the whole idea. Just need to decide on the perfect type of album.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is a snapshot of day 1!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8534.jpg (40.4 KB, 48 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Cute page and a great start!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #27  
Crimping Master

She is adorable! Thanks for sharing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

subscribing as you guys have I think talked me into this ... I started taking pics and I have an 8x8 Christmas album sitting idly in the closet. Perfect time to start!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #29  

Liz, it's so cute, I still need to get mine going. I didn't take pics yesterday but did the day before and today, but have plenty to journal about so not too worried
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #30  
Crimping Master

welcome valerie! I've been documenting the moments that sometimes get lost in our busy lives!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

I've been taking pics but have not started working on it yet...plan to do that this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

I guess I should have taken pics of mine today, but I wasn't feeling well. Got one good pic of putting up decorations outside. Fake snowflakes in the South - the only kind we have around here ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #33  

I still haven't taken pics of our decorations yet, saving those for boring days
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616View Post
I still haven't taken pics of our decorations yet, saving those for boring days
Charlseanne - did you have snow yesterday (the real stuff.. he he).. We had snowflakes pretty much all day and the ground was faintly white by midday. That was my pic of the day

Jan 0/8
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #35  

we did have snow, but it came in droves, and would cover the ground then disappear, no good pics there, but I did take a picture of Maddy's invite for her bday party.

We have been feverishly getting the house in order, as all the grandparents come into town next week. I think we are finally at a point that I can actually scrub, it was just getting it all put away, better organized, finishing up the decorating, and now to get the party stuff done.

Right now we have about 55 on the list, here's hoping they don't all show up, I know a little selfish, but that's a lot of people, our house isn't that big

Plus make 2 cakes, 24 cupcakes, etc, etc, etc

And oh yea make a map for a scavenger hunt, it's Dora themed, so will have fun with that they have to collect their goodies for their treat bags, we figured this out yesterday!

ok hubby up, catch up later, heres hoping to get my pages done today while hubby is still here, leaves about 2
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #36  
Glitter Guru

So glad that so many are joining-I always like my other one-Valerie- to do things with me!!
And Jenn-glad to see you too-and Elizabeth and Tam and Mary Pat and Wendy and Alex and Tanya and anyone else who has jumped on the boat with us!
Is anyone else doing it digi? I even had my husband take pics of my students all 115 of them trying to get grouped up for a pic-fun stuff-I think I will take the camera to the gym today and have dh take a pic or two-we might get some looks for this one-and then on Saturday-the Santa Run-yes I am going with some of my students and dh and dressing up like a Santa and walking a 5k!
So we are off-cant wait to see what we all come up with
But-should we have a certain code so that we they can be in a group in the gallery?
Charlesanne-what do you think?

Last edited by fresshe; 12-04-2009 at 04:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616View Post
we did have snow, but it came in droves, and would cover the ground then disappear, no good pics there, but I did take a picture of Maddy's invite for her bday party.

We have been feverishly getting the house in order, as all the grandparents come into town next week. I think we are finally at a point that I can actually scrub, it was just getting it all put away, better organized, finishing up the decorating, and now to get the party stuff done.

Right now we have about 55 on the list, here's hoping they don't all show up, I know a little selfish, but that's a lot of people, our house isn't that big

Plus make 2 cakes, 24 cupcakes, etc, etc, etc

And oh yea make a map for a scavenger hunt, it's Dora themed, so will have fun with that they have to collect their goodies for their treat bags, we figured this out yesterday!

ok hubby up, catch up later, heres hoping to get my pages done today while hubby is still here, leaves about 2
Oh Charlseanne - did you have "overachiever" under your pic in your HS yearbook? - wow that's ALOT of people and things to do for a bday party. I felt like hyperventilating for you... good luck with all of it!

Jan 0/8
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by fressheView Post
So glad that so many are joining-I always like my other one-Valerie- to do things with me!!

Is anyone else doing it digi?

But-should we have a certain code so that we they can be in a group in the gallery?
Charlesanne-what do you think?
I'm glad to see you back and active Val as well! You are so inspiring with your pics/adventures and your digital work. I'm thinking of doing a little bit hybrid. I've been looking at the Designer Digital kit from Ali E and may edit photos the way she did earlier this week.

I like the idea of a code. It really makes it easier to find things in SCS. my 2 cents.

My ds1 and I are helping collect canned goods tonite as part of a Festival of Lights in the community so a pic will be related to that. I've been doing it for several years and he's old enough to help now, so we will collect and then ride through the lights afterward.

Not sure what the rest of the weekend holds, but we have a ton of traditions that will make good pics along the way.

My day 2 pic was my two yr old "helping" me decorate. This is the year of moving everything "up" a level. I finally caved and gave him a few ornaments to call his own for playing with and a gold pinecone. If he pulls my tablecloth runner one more time, I'm in big trouble as the decorative glass bowls won't survive the fall... :rolleyes: grr...(which reminds me I need to take a pic of that... )

be blessed!

Jan 0/8
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 AM   #39  

Too Funny Valerie,

and can't wait to see your digi pages - Valerie 2 And good for you on the 5K, with the windchill here it's a balmy 15 degrees out, so I think we will hang low today.
Working on chocolate for her party too, decided I really needed two sets of Alpha and number molds, trying to do her name and 3 for everyone too. It will come together!!!

A code does sound good, would be easier for us to find, ummm
DDA2009 ???
(december Daily Album 2009) ??

Let us know what you think!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #40  
Glitter Guru

Sounds good to me!!
Reply With Quote Likes