Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALIST: UPDATE see post #2 Breaking the rules...

I thought long and hard about whether I would even post this, but here goes:
OK � so, I don�t have a sad, or crazy story to share. I�m not going to post pictures of my craft space. In fact, I don�t know that I�m going to read any of the other entries, and I�ll explain why.
I saw the post on the home page, and thought it was SO cool that this scrapbox was being given away. Have you SEEN these things IRL??? I have, and it�s AMAZING. I�m not sure how I feel about the rules of the contest, as I fear that although most people may take it in jest, some may not, and it will turn into a frenzied free-for-all of �woe is me�, �my situation is worse than yours� and �oh YEAH, well, you know what happened to ME??� With the way things are in the world today, there�s enough negativity, enough sadness, and not to mention that my 2 year old�s favorite word right now is MINE and I�m tired of hearing it�that�s just not how I roll�
So the rules are I need to come here and say why I NEED it.

Well, I�ve got to be honest, I don�t NEED it. I�m 32 years old, and BLESSED. I will be married for 10 years on Friday to a FABULOUS man, and have two terrific daughters. I have a home, a job, electricity, running water, and food. THOSE are the things I NEED. I NEED my family. I NEED a place to live, I NEED food and water�
Do I WANT a scrapbox?? Heck yeah � it would make my life a little easier, and it's real pretty...
I started stamping in 2004 � and at the time only had 1 munchkin. I had taken over the kitchen table in our little house, and DH finally demanded that we eat AT the table � so he emptied some space in the basement.
COLD winters, HOT Summers, and the occasional invaders (mice, termites, other �creatures�) have impeded my crafting time on occasion, but all in all, I�m happy to have a space where I can create (as messy and imperfect as it may be), because, hey � do I NEED all these stamping supplies?? No, but they sure do make me happy!
I�ve touched lives with my gifts, and made smiles, maybe even had someone shed a tear, and THOSE are the things that are important. The inspiration that I find here is wonderful, and because of SCS, I have made some AMAZING connections, and again, am so THANKFUL.
The Scrapbox is just terrific, and I�m so THRILLED for whomever the winner will be, as I�m sure they will be quite deserving. No doubt, the crew at SCS will have LOTS to pour over to make their decision � a task I certainly DO NOT envy!
Good luck to all!

Last edited by cuccicoo1002; 10-13-2009 at 05:09 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default My plan - since before I was a finalist -- go to Laura's thread, and you will see....

***EDITED TO ADD:

I wasn't going to advertise this, because I wanted to do something special for a dear friend, but have decided that I should just make my intentions known.

My friend Laura (okiechic) here on SCS is SO deserving of this AWESOME prize, and I was floored when I was chosen as a finalist, and she wasn't. My intention is to have SCS send HER the scrapbox if I should win.

She is an INCREDIBLE Mom, and does such great things for her boys -- not to mention that I just ADORE her husband, one of the USMC's finest - OOORAH! She's made lots of sacrifices for her husband's career, including moving to muggy Michigan, when she loved living in the desert ;).

IF I win -- and SCS honors my intentions -- I know that wherever she may move with the Military, she'll ALWAYS have a place to create. She's a real special gal, and I would LOVE if I could be given the opportunity to GIVE her this incredible gift. She gives everyone else SO MUCH MORE, just by being her.

So , what so you say?? give Laura (through me) your vote??? Pretty Please? I'm not a pretty beggar...you don't want to see me cry, do you? ;).

Last edited by cuccicoo1002; 10-13-2009 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: My Plan :)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

You rock, girlie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

I agree!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Very well said Tracey!!!! You rock!!!

And yes, you have touched many people with your wonderful gifts and cards. And yes, I admit you've managed to make me smile and definitely shed a tear or two!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

thank you for your perspective...I agree...I changed my entry to replace the word need with want...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #7  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

I suppose NEED is not strictly required, WANT is very much good enough

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampersView Post
I suppose NEED is not strictly required, WANT is very much good enough
Thanks Daven ;) You guys at SCS are THE BEST!

And thanks for the support girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

hmmmm ... sounds like reverse psychology to me ... It's a valiant try but you'll have to really bring it to get that awesome cabinet.... bwahhhhhhaaaa ha ha ah! (evil laugh and hand wringing)

On a more serious note ... I think everyone pretty much gets the humor in the situation, especially during these trying times ... as Socrates said, "If all men came and laid their problems on one common heap, most would be content to take their own and depart" I think that's true, but it's fun to be outrageous too, you know? Have a good one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen JoView Post
hmmmm ... sounds like reverse psychology to me ... It's a valiant try but you'll have to really bring it to get that awesome cabinet.... bwahhhhhhaaaa ha ha ah! (evil laugh and hand wringing)

On a more serious note ... I think everyone pretty much gets the humor in the situation, especially during these trying times ... as Socrates said, "If all men came and laid their problems on one common heap, most would be content to take their own and depart" I think that's true, but it's fun to be outrageous too, you know? Have a good one!
I do, I do :mrgreen:

I like your sense of humor - you're my kind of gal -- I'm not ALWAYS so serious - LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

This is very well said. You Rock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Dang, girl! You deserve it just for being so honest! lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 03:42 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

You know I preach to my kids all the time the difference between a need and a want! And it drives them crazy!!

Thanks for putting it all in to perspective - I have a need to get organized to keep me sane (and probably everyone else too) and I really want something like the ScapBox to do this!!

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 05:20 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004View Post
You know I preach to my kids all the time the difference between a need and a want! And it drives them crazy!!

Thanks for putting it all in to perspective - I have a need to get organized to keep me sane (and probably everyone else too) and I really want something like the ScapBox to do this!!

Good Luck!
Look at those beautiful babies Leona -- how are ALL of your girls doing?? DH hanging in there???LOL {{HUGS}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002View Post
Look at those beautiful babies Leona -- how are ALL of your girls doing?? DH hanging in there???LOL {{HUGS}}
They are great! We are having a rough time with Dh's father in hopsice but they are all growing like weeds. DH has his moments too - he is becoming quite the avid hunter this year - but I can't see that lasting too long for his 'man' time as the 4 and 8 yr old girls want to hunt too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

I agree with you TOTALLY. None of us really need it, we all want it I think this is the best giveaway I've ever seen! I love all the "smack" talk! It makes me smile after the days I've been having. I will be thrilled for whoever wins!(but I can't say there wouldn't be some hoots and hollers if I won;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Great perspective!!! God bless you!

Maybe you will be chosen, and it will be a belated anniversary gift!
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 AM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

wishing you good luck Tracey...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Tracey,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbunnyView Post
Tracey,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
aaaahhhh...let me seeeee....

Why do I craft?

I craft, mainly to keep my sanity - LOL. It is a form of therapy for me, I think. It brings me happiness to share what I do with others. With a full time job, a house, and a family to take care of, that is one little bit of something just for ME (well, except when my 5 year old follows me downstairs, LOL) and it's something I have total control over - well, except for all of my supplies -- ha ha...

What do I do with my completed handcrafted projects??

Typically they are given away. I do not keep about 90% of what I make -- the other 10% are projects that perhaps didn't come out 'perfect' and I might tweak later on -- plus I do keep all of the cards that I make for my girls (though they will be given to them someday) I make things to send to friends -- I would love to have more time to be able to make lots of things to donate - either to chemo angels or for our soldiers...someday perhaps, when my girls are a bit older...

What the biggest impact any of my projects has had on me, someone else, or the world at large?

Weeellllll, hmmmmm. That's a tough question.

I don't know that I've impacted the world, necessarily, don't they say most artists true talents aren't recognized until they are dead?? LOL. Seriously though...

I made a set of items (pictured here) that brightened someone's day, and made her feel as special as she is...and in turn that made me feel SO HAPPY, for what she was going through at the time, it was HUGE to know that I made her day c'mon - what is better than seeing this beautiful smiling face??

Actually -- I know... THIS beautiful smiling face!

typing this has made me realize -- it's not actually the projects that have an impact on me -- it's the people. The people that I have met here on SCS. Alexa has touched my life in a way that I just can not explain. I squeeze my girls a little tighter - and really think how lucky I am EVERY moment -- even when they're making me crazy. Other people, whom I've been friends with for 3 + years and haven't met face to face, like Pam Wilson, and happystamper05, Okiechic (who REALLY deserves this scrapbox - if I could, I'd buy her one) BBarton, rgrohall, NicoleIreland, Plwwolfe, stampinCPA -- all of these ladies and SO SO Many more have all made a huge impact in my life -- and I'm grateful to them And I'm most grateful to SCS for helping me find them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracey- (((((HUGS))))) You so rock!

And I'm honored to share my brain with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

good luck Tracey...oh this is so suspenseful...the waiting...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp bugView Post
good luck Tracey...oh this is so suspenseful...the waiting...
Thank you Heidi -- good luck to you too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK -- soooooooooo I really must say I'm THRILLED to have been chosen as a finalist! I can't thank the judges enough -- and really do hope that if you vote for me, that you all know this will be going to a GOOD HOME

I honestly don't know that I could keep it for myself, seeing all of the finalists, and some that didn't make it to the final cut. But WOW! Really? This is SO cool.

Thanks for the opportunity, I am HUMBLED.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Congratulations Tracey! The above are right, you are a cool chick! Best Wishes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

aaaahhhh...let me seeeee....

Why do I craft?

I craft, mainly to keep my sanity - LOL. It is a form of therapy for me, I think. It brings me happiness to share what I do with others. With a full time job, a house, and a family to take care of, that is one little bit of something just for ME (well, except when my 5 year old follows me downstairs, LOL) and it's something I have total control over - well, except for all of my supplies -- ha ha...

What do I do with my completed handcrafted projects??

Typically they are given away. I do not keep about 90% of what I make -- the other 10% are projects that perhaps didn't come out 'perfect' and I might tweak later on -- plus I do keep all of the cards that I make for my girls (though they will be given to them someday) I make things to send to friends -- I would love to have more time to be able to make lots of things to donate - either to chemo angels or for our soldiers...someday perhaps, when my girls are a bit older...

What the biggest impact any of my projects has had on me, someone else, or the world at large?

Weeellllll, hmmmmm. That's a tough question.

I don't know that I've impacted the world, necessarily, don't they say most artists true talents aren't recognized until they are dead?? LOL. Seriously though...

I made a set of items (pictured here) that brightened someone's day, and made her feel as special as she is...and in turn that made me feel SO HAPPY, for what she was going through at the time, it was HUGE to know that I made her day c'mon - what is better than seeing this beautiful smiling face??

Actually -- I know... THIS beautiful smiling face!

typing this has made me realize -- it's not actually the projects that have an impact on me -- it's the people. The people that I have met here on SCS. Alexa has touched my life in a way that I just can not explain. I squeeze my girls a little tighter - and really think how lucky I am EVERY moment -- even when they're making me crazy. Other people, whom I've been friends with for 3 + years and haven't met face to face, like Pam Wilson, and happystamper05, Okiechic (who REALLY deserves this scrapbox - if I could, I'd buy her one) BBarton, rgrohall, NicoleIreland, Plwwolfe, stampinCPA -- all of these ladies and SO SO Many more have all made a huge impact in my life -- and I'm grateful to them And I'm most grateful to SCS for helping me find them!
Oh sweet Tracey, you'll never know how this post touched my heart. I have been truely blessed to receive some of your creations and they have a special place in my heart and in my stamp room.

I love ya sweet pea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

OK -- soooooooooo I really must say I'm THRILLED to have been chosen as a finalist! I can't thank the judges enough -- and really do hope that if you vote for me, that you all know this will be going to a GOOD HOME

I honestly don't know that I could keep it for myself, seeing all of the finalists, and some that didn't make it to the final cut. But WOW! Really? This is SO cool.

Thanks for the opportunity, I am HUMBLED.

Oh my gosh!!! How fun is this?!! Do we get to vote? Where do we cast our vote? Am I too late to vote? Do I ask too many questions? :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #28  
Crimping Master

Congrats on making it to the Top Ten and Good Luck!!!!!
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #29  
Watercolor Wizard

Rule Breakers are Awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004View Post
Rule Breakers are Awesome!
shhhhh....don't tell my friend Paulette that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #31  
Watercolor Wizard

Your secret is safe with me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay for Cuccicoo!!!! Where do I vote! Can I vote more than once? This girl is such a sweetie, please win, please win!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Woot Hoot for Tracey! I think your post is as awesome as you are. You are so right -- there are so many deserving people. I wish everyone good luck in the competition. But, my vote goes to you. You deserve it. Your creations are awesome. I *need* you to keep on creating so that I can keep on copying. If you win the SCRAPBOX, then you'll be doubly productive... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Whoo Hoo Tracey!!!!

And yes, your creations have touched many a persons. I know that I have been one of the truely lucky people who you have touched with your awesome creations!!!!

You are such a sweetie and are definitely sooooooo deserving of this wonderful scrapbox!!!

Love ya and am keeping my fingers crossed that you are the recipient of this wonderful thing!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOOOHOOO!!!! I am so excited for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, what a breath of fresh air your post was. Love the positivity you have. I don't know you at all, but have seen many of your posts in the last year or two and have noticed that you are always positive, helpful and kind. So nice to see that. Also, you are very talented, your blog is awesome! Wishing you the best of luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #37  
Forum Fanatic

Thank you so much for your candor - I did not enter because I feel the same way. Thought I LOVE LOVE LOVE stamping and could use the help being more organized, I do not "NEED" it. Congrats and good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #38  
Crimping Master

Congrats and best of luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to add that what you said is so true Tracey. We have so many prayer concerns right now on the dork thread it is difficult to keep track of them. Every day it seems someone I know shares a story that breaks my heart.

And my daughter and I are reading Little House on the Prairie right now . .. talk about contentment with few possessions! It is the people and the smiles we hope to create that make this such a great hobby. I hope you win to help create more of those smiles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Tracey,
Congrats on making the final 10! I am so with you on the difference between and want (I explained in my thread the story behind how my family used the phrase "I NEEE-EEED" for something that you just really want, almost to the point of thinking that you "need" it).
I'm just thrilled to get to participate in this fun experience.
Good luck to all. And I can't wait to see pictures of the Workbox in its future happy home!
SammyKu
Reply With Quote Likes