Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that sounds like a lot of work to me and confusing!! Sorry!! :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
Perhaps a hostess feedback system or perhaps levels based upon how many swaps they have hosted to that point and no complaints/violations. If a violation occurs, they have to start from that point until they have the required number without complaints or issues, to then go to another level.

Maybe beginning hostess, etc. SCS has such creative titles they give each member already, I'm sure they would be able to come up with great titles for these levels as well. Maybe host 5 without issues, you can host 6 next time. Host 10 without issues, host 8, etc. Some sort of tiering.

Also, how is SCS Mgmt planning on tracking how many we are hosting? Is this an honor system or are we going to be limited to how many threads we can subscribe to at a time? I have all my past swaps still in my threads because as a responsible hostess, I like to follow up on those too and make sure folks receive them or check to see if there were any other questions, etc. even long after I close them.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

I do have a question!!! Are open swaps including Secret Sister Swaps????

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I think time on the site should be how it is given...ie 6 months=5swaps, 12months=10swaps...and beyond 12 months=?

or by post numbers...

people know people whom have high post numbers...we talk to everyone...

After the original pif group with stamps had an issue around Christmas 2 yrs ago...I started the first everything goes thread...which then I opened the 15 and the 25 and then reopened the stamps only...now I only host one(the 10 everything goes) but had I been limited none of the other threads would have spawned...the wish threads..the recycle thread...leftover thread (or I don't think they would have) had I not been able to host more than 5.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

When we update our contact info with our address and phone # with just the mods or hostess see this info or will everyone be able to see this info? THanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

right now I only have 3 or 4 open...but if someone needs a break from hosting one of the others that I helped start...or has a medical etc...I or others will take over as thread momma...and I would hate for any of the threads to actually close forever...

I have been debating taking a break from the regular pif hosting...but the person that will be taking over I think has 3-4 already...I don't know about regular swaps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #46  
Swapper of the Month March 2012

I've been addressing my concerns from the perspective of hosting so far and from how many I can host.
As a hostess who has had participants 'flake' also however, I want to comment on that and ask a few questions.
I host with open lists specifically because I almost 'count' on a few dropping out or flaking, and I also plan accordingly that I may have to make up some myself to accomodate for those. I know that not all hostesses want to do that or will, so don't expect that others do that. But just saying that is my approach as a hostess.
When I host one where it is not an open list, such as a secret sister swap, I plan to just have to angel/cover if someone flakes, which I have had happen. Yes, its disappointing that someone flakes and unfair, but I'm more concerned about not cheating out the one who didn't flake, covering that if I can either through someone else who volunteers to angel out an item or doing it myself. It may be late, but at least I know they have gotten what they had planned on.
I understand there are problems with flakers. But I do want to ask how these new limits on hostesses are going to make a difference there?
I don't think it will change their behavior at all.
There are those who drop for valid reasons (life has a way of happening!) -- and those who lose computer access etc and disappear in the internet void -- and then there are those who just sign up and flake and don't care that they did, and this isn't going to change those ones at all.
I can see that the hope is that it will force hostesses to not extend the dates and send back on time. But couldn't that have been done by limiting those individuals or taking away their access as a hostess perhaps? Perhaps having a group of permissions that allow you to set up a new thread only if you are approved as a hostess, and then violating that could result in you losing that privilege to set up new threads, and only close out the ones you have, etc.
How is a thread/swap marked or tracked as closed? Is there a way to flag it as such other than when we edit the title?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have extended on a swap...because there were only 3 signups...I ended up just joining it too...

I usually do product swaps...like paper etc...baggies...etc...and usually make sure that I have enough things just like Susan does..and make sure...

I have never even bothered to contact the mods about the flakers...I just take on the part of angel myself...

A lot of swappers flake for good reason...some for no reason...

I'm not sure that banning them is going to help because some have a valid reason...and the ones that don't usually are new members...(no offense to newbies who complete) but it seems the ones that I have encountered are 1 or 2 posts...and if they get banned they will just sign up on scs with a different email or something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #48  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post

I'm sorry but I feel like I've been punched in the gut. I agree with setting rules to protect hostesses and participants but I've not had any complaints to my knowledge and this is confusing to me. I joined SCS b/c it was fun and I got to "meet" people that loved the same things that I do and we got to create and share our passion. Now it seems like we're being punished for something someone else did.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless,
I feel the exact same way as you do. You are totally right! It does seem as if we are being punished for something someone else did! This all seems so confusing to me and now I have to try and figure it out.

I've hosted a few swaps now and I've never had a problem. I think this is going to deter people from joining and participating is swaps, especially to our new members.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

but I almost always send the next day when hostessing...I AM A REALLY QUICK SHIPPER...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

it is going to deter I believe...because I will just stay in the pif threads...I may not be an AVID ALL the time HOST for swaps...but I don't want to try to figure ok is this my 5 min even though this one is closed and receiving...etc etc...it may deter new ideas...and new threads..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been starting more SWAPS....but don't want to go over some limit...sometimes I come up with ideas and start a swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #52  

Likewise, Sande. I offered to 'sub-host' for someone this year while she took a break from an ongoing swap, and this will mean I have to either stop doing that, or cannot help others when they need a break too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sek111sbcView Post
right now I only have 3 or 4 open...but if someone needs a break from hosting one of the others that I helped start...or has a medical etc...I or others will take over as thread momma...and I would hate for any of the threads to actually close forever...

I have been debating taking a break from the regular pif hosting...but the person that will be taking over I think has 3-4 already...I don't know about regular swaps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think maybe how long you have been a member....or posts? but I chat a LOT...and have a lot of posts...and have only been on here a year and a half...so....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 156 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley_frogsView Post
will SCS be selling the list of our phone numbers to marketers of any kind?? Indusrty related or not- my number is private, for friends/family/school only. I don't want anyone making money on selling me out-lol
This is basically my same concern.. I am a VERY private person, and wonder who all will have access to my info...Ie. Name ..address ..phone number ...etc...
& ..Will just anyone be able to see my info?
TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Likewise, Sande. I offered to 'sub-host' for someone this year while she took a break from an ongoing swap, and this will mean I have to either stop doing that, or cannot help others when they need a break too.
exactly...and if we want to help someone...:( we would have to keep an extra spot open which would further limit ours! I don't think 5 is enough for many of us whom have proven our value.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #56  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Perhaps a hostess feedback system or perhaps levels based upon how many swaps they have hosted to that point and no complaints/violations. If a violation occurs, they have to start from that point until they have the required number without complaints or issues, to then go to another level.

Maybe beginning hostess, etc. SCS has such creative titles they give each member already, I'm sure they would be able to come up with great titles for these levels as well. Maybe host 5 without issues, you can host 6 next time. Host 10 without issues, host 8, etc. Some sort of tiering.

Also, how is SCS Mgmt planning on tracking how many we are hosting? Is this an honor system or are we going to be limited to how many threads we can subscribe to at a time? I have all my past swaps still in my threads because as a responsible hostess, I like to follow up on those too and make sure folks receive them or check to see if there were any other questions, etc. even long after I close them.
Members can be subscribed to as many threads as they'd like.

As for the tracking, it is on the honor system. The moderators will occasionally check to see if hostesses are adhering to the rules.

We did look into some type of rating system, not exactly how you described, but a system nonetheless. It was decided that a rating system was not the way to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

stamper~she said they wouldn't sell...but haven't heard a response yet to whom will be able to view it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #58  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
I just submitted my application. First let me say WAY TO GO SCS!!!! I have been having many "issues" lately with hosting swaps and it's honestly been frusterating and has held me back from hosting. I'm glad there is now going to be a stronger repremand for those that "flake." I don't have any additional questions at this time. Glad to see everyone asking them for me.

Ok I just thought of one, does hosting a secret sister swap count towards the 5???
Any swap posted in the swap forums are included in the 5.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

it will definately make hostesses do more quickie swaps...like one month swaps...

and then there are bound to be more flakers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 156 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

stamper~she said they wouldn't sell...but haven't heard a response yet to whom will be able to view it.
Thanks Sande...That is my main concern...WHO will be able to see my info...ya know ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #61  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenjoy71View Post
When we update our contact info with our address and phone # with just the mods or hostess see this info or will everyone be able to see this info? THanks
Only moderators have access to this information. Hostesses do not have access to this info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

seems like she is catching up on questions...one at a time right now...answer should be popping up soon..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

lol...see? heehee..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #64  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree with Susan. I am currently hosting 6 swaps. One of which is a Inchie club that last for 6 months, then I have a color burst swap. I have hosted lots of swaps and I have not heard anything bad about my hosting.
I think it would be good to have some type of system to know if the hostess is a "good" hostess. I tend to stick with people I know. I think if there was something like Stars under our names for a hostess that has hosted 5 swaps with no complaints. That way New Swappers can feel more at ease with joining swaps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all you MOD's do

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

lol...see? heehee..
lol. Yes, I am going through one at a time and taking a break here and there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #66  

UGH! I am so confused! Does the limit of 5 swaps include how many swaps that we are able to participate in? What about the swaps that we already have open…what if a splitcoast member does not apply and then they won’t be able to find our swap thread?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

and then what about the thank you threads...those count too...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #68  

The mods did respond that the limit is not on how many you join, but how many you host. And it is for any that are in the swap forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

latty~I think she said before that it only includes swaps that you host..

you can be in as many as you like...

(I think)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #70  

Quote:

The mods did respond that the limit is not on how many you join, but how many you host. And it is for any that are in the swap forum.
Thanks, I must have missed that. This thread is moving kind of fast...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

From my understand and what the original thread states that NO personal info will be shown or shared to anyone except the MODS.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

cute baby latty! (hagars...lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

that is correct mnewby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #74  

MODS:
Another question -- Since this is going into effect on Monday -- what does that mean? For those who are currently signed up in my swaps, are they not going to be able to access or post after Monday if they aren't registered in the user group? How will they notify me of updates on the threads if so? That will greatly impact a lot of mine if so, and I suspect result in a LOT of people just dropping off SCS and dropping out of swaps!
When you consider I have well over two dozen open, some with nearly 100 sign-ups already, that could be disasterous!!! It will result in the same problem you indicated you had when a hostess dropped!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #75  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
UGH! I am so confused! Does the limit of 5 swaps include how many swaps that we are able to participate in? What about the swaps that we already have open�what if a splitcoast member does not apply and then they won�t be able to find our swap thread?
The 5 limit is the amount of swaps you can host. You can participate in as many as you can handle.

Open swaps can be completed as is. We ask that members don't start new swaps if they already have more than 5 open.

Any member of SCS can see the threads in the swap forums. Only members can post and start new threads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Everyone I must say I think your taking this all a little to personal. YES some people do ruin the flexibility for those of us that run a "tight ship" so to say. However lets not bash our MODS that work hard to make us all happy. They obviously have very valid reasons for this change. I think we all need to respect their rules and maybe sometime down the road it will be extended. For now lets just help them by adhearing to the new rule and cut them some slack.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #77  

Quote:

MODS:
Another question -- Since this is going into effect on Monday -- what does that mean? For those who are currently signed up in my swaps, are they not going to be able to access or post after Monday if they aren't registered in the user group? How will they notify me of updates on the threads if so? That will greatly impact a lot of mine if so, and I suspect result in a LOT of people just dropping off SCS and dropping out of swaps!
When you consider I have well over two dozen open, some with nearly 100 sign-ups already, that could be disasterous!!! It will result in the same problem you indicated you had when a hostess dropped!
I'd like to know this also. I was trying to ask this in my previoust post #66, but you worded it so much better
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

a lot of peeps do not like giving personal info...to an internet site...when they send a pkg or whatnot...they don't mind...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #79  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

MODS:
When you consider I have well over two dozen open, some with nearly 100 sign-ups already, that could be disasterous!!!
This goes into effect on Monday, giving swappers time to join the group.

We have posted an announcement at the top of every swap forum. We also posted it in more than a hundred swaps this morning. We are hoping that this helped to get the word out.

If, come Monday, they have not applied, when they try to post, they will get a message saying they need to apply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

not bashing or anything...lol...they are trying to figure out a reasonable way to tolerate some of the flakers etc...

but 5 just seems too little to me...

and I just checked I only have 3 running right now...was going to add a couple more but then I won't be able to help out another person...and the one that I was going to let go the person already has some...
Reply With Quote Likes