Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow JAN 09 VSBN Master Challenge List

Please Do NOT Post In this Thread. This will be MASTER Challenge List :mrgreen:

Last edited by Lmn; 01-30-2009 at 01:18 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBND -- Life's a SKETCH!

JAN09VSBND --- Life's a Sketch

Hostess: Sally (Salster)

Welcome to your FIRST challenge this evening!!! We have a sketch, and I'll be scrapping along, and here in this thread!

JAN09VSBND

If you play along, please share your hard work with us and upload to your gallery! Make sure you add JAN09VSBND to your keywords (additional keywords are OK, just separate them with commas), and PLEASE post a link here in this thread; we would NOT want to miss it!:mrgreen:

To see all submissions for this challenge, click HERE
Challenge upload deadline: Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chat Thread HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Jan09VSBNE -- Distress to Impress

Hostess: Chelsea (1hapEmomE)

Hi everyone! My name is Chelsea and I am so excited to be your hostess for this part of VSBN!

My challenge for you has to do with a little bit of you and a little bit of me….

The YOU part:
Scrap about something that YOU cannot live without… a family member, a friend, certain food, your faith, favorite pair of shoes. I bet we all have something that we feel we can’t live without.

The ME part:
There is one thing that I personally can’t seem to get away from when scrapbooking and that is DISTRESSING! I love to distress the paper on my layouts. It adds dimension, texture and a whole new “feel” to your layout. You can distress with many of the distressing tools out there. I use my Making Memories Edger, however, you can also distress with the edge of your scissors, nail filer, sand paper, finger nail (but be careful!) etc!! There are so many options. If you want to add even more dimension and texture, ink the edges of your distressed papers with any ink! I personally love black Colorbox ink and the Chesnut Roan Colorbox chalk ink. I challenge you to DISTRESS on your layouts! I want to see that texture! It almost makes your ordinary paper turn into what looks like fabric!

CHALLENGE: Scrap something YOU love and add texture and dimension to your layout by DISTRESSING!
I hope you find this challenge fun and maybe, just maybe, you found yourself a new “love” in scrapbooking and a new “style” that you enjoy!!!

Can’t wait to see your layouts! Please use the keyword JAN09VSBNE when you upload to the gallery!

Here is my example along with a couple of close ups of the details:
Attachment 132732

Attachment 132733

Attachment 132734

I used my Making Memories Edger and distressed all the edges of the paper and handcut flowers. Then, after distressing the paper, I inked it all with Colorbox Chesnut Roan Chalk ink. Used my sewing machine all over

Feel free to check out my gallery to see my layouts featuring this technique!

You have until this Sunday the 1st to upload to the gallery using code JAN09VSBNE.

To see all the submissions for this challenge, click HERE.

Thanks to Angela at Unity Stamp Co., I have some awesome prizes to give away! I hope you'll play along and chat in here!!!!

Make sure to post a link to your layout in this thread too so we can take a look in here as well!

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Jan09VSBNF -- It's Elementary

Hostess: Lynn (Lghahary)

Scrapbooking doesn’t really have to be as difficult as rocket science. In fact, some might say it’s as easy as your ABCs and 123s! Follow along with me as we create a layout that really makes the grade. And if you’re looking for a little extra credit scrap a school themed layout. You just might end up the teacher’s pet.

Use the following as your guide when creating your layout and try to include as many “letters” as you can.
S … is for STAMPING! Show me how you incorporate stamps onto your scrapbook pages. Any stamps will do although it goes without saying my favorite stamps are UNITY!
C … is for CHIPBOARD! I love how chipboard adds dimension to a page. Include some on your layout to give your page a boost.
R … is for RIBBON, floss, thread, whatever! Is anyone else here a stitching junkie? Show me your threads and I’ll show you mine.
A … is for ALPHAS (stickers, rub-ons, etc). I am an alpha addict and I am not afraid to admit it. Big, little, skinny, fat – I don’t care what they look like as long as they help me get my message across.
P … is for PATTERNED PAPER! In my opinion you can never have enough! Use at least two or three different patterned papers on your layout to add lots of visual interest.
B … is for BUTTONS! I can’t live without these little things! How do you like your buttons – dressed or naked?
O … is for ONE, Two, Three … as in numbers! What “lesson” on scrapbooking would be complete without these? Add numbers somewhere on your page. I’ll even give you a few ideas – 2 cool 4 school, back 2 school, 1st day of … you get the idea!
O … is for … well … O! As in CIRCLES … I love to add circles to my scrapbook pages. Show me how you add this fun shape to yours.
K … is for “KUDOS” to you for taking part in this challenge and getting another page done in the process!

I’ve used a sketch from Valerie Salmon’s Got Sketch? blog as the basis of my layout (sketch used with permission). You can see the sketch here on the Got Sketch? blog and my example here. Feel free to use the same sketch if that helps you get the creative juices flowin’ or go out on a limb and come up with your own design. And remember, this is about having fun – no homework or tests and everyone gets an A+ for effort!

Please use the keyword JAN09VSBNF when you upload to the gallery!

Chat Thread HERE
Attached Thumbnails
JAN 09 VSBN Master Challenge List-vsalmon-sketch74.jpg   JAN 09 VSBN Master Challenge List-back2school_unity.jpg  

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNG - YOUR Favorite Things!

Hostess: Emily (stampingout)

Dewdrops, and Primas and ribbon and bling...
I love to hoard all my favorite things!

If you are like me, I LOVE to buy my favorite things, but I tend to hoard them and never use them! I really am not sure why I do this, because there is always something new and exciting coming around the corner!

My challenge is for you to scrap a page using your favorite "go to" layout or sketch and use at least four of your favorite scrappy things that you have been saving or hoarding! This can be embelishments and/or paper!
You also must scrap your FAVORITE holiday or event of the year!

So...don't be a hoarder or a "saver",
scrap all of those "pretties" you favor!

Please use the keyword JAN09VSBNG when you upload to the gallery!

My Sample: Very Merry

You can find all submissions for this challenge HERE.

RULES: You have two hours to complete this challenge. (That's two hours start to finish not two hours from time posted.) When finished please upload your layout to the gallery using the code JAN09VSBNG then link your creation to this thread! You must do both upload and link to this thread! Layouts must be completed and uploaded AND linked by Sunday February 8th.

Have fun, and thanks for playing!

ABOUT THE PRIZE!
I will have my son pick his favorite layout on Monday Feb. 9th and award this retired, unmounted SU Hostess set-Word on Word. This set is great for scrapbook pages and cards! I will send the winner a PM and I will also name the winner in a thread on the VSBN forum that day! Good Luck! Below is a photo of the set!

HERE is the CHAT Thread

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 06:05 AM   #6  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNH - Are You New Here?

Hostess: Liz (Elizabeth G)

Hello Ladies!

I am ecstatic to be your hostess for this part of the VSBN. I’ve never hosted an event like this, so I’m fairly new to all the bells and whistles, but I thought it would be fun to give it a try and I hope you like what I have in store for you…

Since this VSBN is ‘The Days of Our Lives’ I would like to include you in some of the events that I routinely encounter every couple of years. Being a military wife and mom, it is my job to get us from place to place in one piece (with our sanity) and make our home ‘HOME’. During our career, we will have (and have had) several ‘New Homes’. So, in honor of that, I want you to scrapbook something ‘new’ – be it a person, an object, a moment, a feeling; you name it.

But wait – there’s more! I also wanted to throw in a ‘new’ technique that I think you’ll love as much as I do! In the first RAK that I received from Lela, I got some fabulous acrylic pieces. I had seen in a scrapbooking magazine awhile back (I believe it was Creating Keepsakes) about stamping on acrylic pieces, so I gave it a shot. I love it and how it turned out! So, that is my bonus challenge to you – stamp on some acrylic. Acrylics come in all shapes and sizes and if you don’t have any, I will accept clear buttons as a substitute. If you don’t have any Stazon ink, you can stamp with craft ink and emboss the piece. As a last resort, you can use rub-ons on the acrylics as well.

Here are some samples to get you started:

Whidbey Island, WA
Tutu Cute
Christmas Eve

Please include in your description what the ‘new’ item is (unless it is obvious). Good luck - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Don't forget to use the keyword JAN09VSBNH so everyone can enjoy your beautiful creation and post a link back in this thread as well.

There is a 2 hour time limit on this challenge. All creations must be uploaded by Feb. 8, 2009.

HERE is the CHAT THREAD!

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #7  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNI - The Loves of our Lives

Hostess: Christy (snowchris)

The Loves of Our Lives...

All of our days are filled with things that we love...people, places, things, even foods!

Today I want you to scrapbook something from your life that you LOVE.

It can be a family member, pet, favorite clothing item, your love of chick lit...whatever you want. This is for your scrapbook album so have fun with it. If you don't have any appropriate photos for this type of layout, well then try something new (at least for most of us) and do a scrapbook page without photos (you could even do a scrapbook page about your love for stamps/scrapbooking!)

Bonus to the challenge: one of the things that I love is Paris so if you want an extra little challenge to your scrapbook layout, then let your layout be inspired by this piece of Parisian inspired art by Fabrice De Villaneuve...
fabrice-de-villeneuve-paris-bicycle.jpg

Remember to have fun and come back and share your link with us. Upload your layout into the gallery using the keyword JAN09VSBNI.

You can see the gallery for this challenge HERE.

RULES: You have two hours to complete this challenge. (That's two hours start to finish not two hours from time posted.) When finished please upload your layout to the gallery using the code JAN09VSBNI then link your creation to this thread! You must do both upload and link to this thread! Layouts must be completed and uploaded AND linked by Sunday February 8th.

Have fun, and thanks for playing!

The PRIZES:
I will be giving out 3 Unity quote stamps:
Beauty of Dreams,
Becoming Butterfly, and
Charming Gardeners
...one to my favorite layout from the challenge and two from random entries from the challenge...so be sure to upload by the 8th!

CHAT Thread HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #8  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNJ - Who Are You?

Who are You??

Hostess: Jennie (elliesmom)

When I saw the theme for VSBN, my silly mind immediately thought it was for the soap opera, Days of Our Lives. When I saw that it was a much deeper, less um... superfluous approach, I thought I could still come up with a good challenge that would incorporate both the silly and the important.

So, what does every character of the soap opera go through at one time or another? Amnesia! And what better for someone suffering from amnesia, than a scrapbook page or two reminding them of what makes them who they are!

So, for my challenge – make a layout that would remind you of who you are {should you ever find yourself being pushed down a flight of stairs by your long lost stepsister resulting in a full body cast and amnesia} ;)
OR
make a layout to remind you of someone important in your life. This could be a spouse or parent or child or friend..... Anyone whom you would like to remember from this time in your life.

Have fun with it and try not to stress over any details. You’re free to interpret the challenge however you’d like!

Don’t forget to upload your layout with the keyword JAN09VSBNJ

You can see the gallery for this challenge HERE.

RULES: You have two hours to complete this challenge. (That's two hours start to finish not two hours from time posted.) When finished please upload your layout to the gallery using the code JAN09VSBNJ then link your creation to this thread! You must do both upload and link to this thread! Layouts must be completed and uploaded AND linked by Sunday February 8th.

Thank you for playing!

CHAT Thread HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #9  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNK- Telling the Extraordinarily Ordinary Story

Hostess: Erika (SunshineMama)

Hello everyone!

I'm Erika Martin (otherwise known as Sunshine Mama here on SCS). I'm excited to be heading up this challenge for you today and also representing GinaK Designs, as well! (Which means an awesome prize from GinaK!)

My challenge is multi-facted. I'm including a sketch for you, along with a journaling challenge and a stamping challenge.

I've lately become enamored with stamping in my scrapbooks. It's amazing what you can do in your books with your stamps that you might have not thought about...since most of think of stamps as a card-making supply. You can create your own custom background, coordinating embellishments, use your alphabet stamps for your title and so on. And the best thing about using stamps on your scrapbook pages? You can use them over and over again! You never run out, you always have the right amount of letters when stamping a title and you can customize them however you wish!

So, Challenge 1 is to use some stamps on your layout in some way. Of course, some of my favorite stamps to use on my pages are GinaK Designs stamps. If you have some GinaK stamps and want to use them on your layout, that's highly encouraged. If you don't have any GinaK stamps yet, we still want you to play along!

Challenge 2 is to use the sketch I've provided here. You can turn the layout sideways, turn it 180 degrees, whatever! Get creative with it! I create on mostly 12 x 12 inch layouts, but this sketch is easily adaptable for any size layout.

Challenge 3 is one of my absolute favorite parts of scrapbooking. Journaling. Telling the story. I love teaching people this art form and watching them learn how to coax the stories from their photos.

The Challenge that I'm issuing forth is a sneak peek at the Journaling 101 Online course that I teach. (It just started this past Monday.)

TELLING THE EXTRAORDINARILY ORDINARY STORY

Whether you're working on your 20th scrapbook or your first, we all have something in common. We love photos and we're always taking them. I can almost 100% guarantee that ALL of us have pictures of a recent birthday party or holiday. Think back to the most recent photos you took of an annual event that your family holds. Is it a birthday party? A family reunion? A holiday?

These are photos you take every year. The same people, the same party, the same event or holiday. The people in the photos may be a year older than last, but tradition dictates that everyone takes part and your camera is just an extension of that tradition. You whip it out and capture snapshots of the people you love, the food, expressions and caught conversations. You do this every year.

If you've been putting these photos in scrapbooks, you've got pages of the same event over and over, just different years. I'll almost bet that your journaling just shows the names, the date and the title of the event.

I've seen event albums that are beautiful works of art, full of pictures from the Christmases or birthdays over the years. Each year is sectioned off by a date and then the pictures from that year follow. I can tell that people get older year by year, but the stories were missing. There was nothing to tell me what was different from year to year.

How many pictures do you have of your kids' birthday parties from over the years? How many holiday pictures? You know the ones I'm talking about. We all have them.

What was different about this year's event than last year's? Was there a new addition this year in the family that wasn't there last year when the same event happened? A new baby, a new daughter-in-law or son-in-law? Is this the first year that you spent this event without a loved one? If gifts were involved, did the receiver's hobbies change? Did you bring a special gift? Can you see where I'm going with this?

Take a fresh look at your photos from the most recent event that you take pictures of every year. Think back to the event. What made it different from the years before? What made it the same? The event may be the same, it may be tradition, it may seem extraordinarily ordinary, but the truth is, your photos of this event are holding stories. It's time to let them out and tell what made this event different/same from years past.

This challenge is to create a layout telling the story from a recent event. This event should be something that you attend on a regular basis. A birthday, holiday, etc. By working with the most recent event pictures, you'll be working with fresh memories. You can always go back and scrapbook pictures from earlier events later on. While the memories are still fresh from the most recent event, you'll be able to get the hang of journaling about this event and can work your way backwards with the same method later on.

Working with photos and stories that are most recent and familiar to you is one of the easiest ways to ease into this form of scrapbook journaling.

Gather your photos around you. Choose the ones you're going to be working with on your page and let's get started.

Look at your photos and think about the event. Take out your notebook and start jotting down the memories that you recall that these photos evoke.

Here's some ideas to get you started:

What event are the photos from?
What made this event different from the year (or years) before?
What made this event the same?
Are there traditions that happen every year and what are they?
What do these traditions mean to you?
Was there someone new in the family at this event this year?
Was a loved one missing from this event this year?

Now, if you were to sit down with someone and show them your photos from this event, what would you tell them? Write your thoughts down into your notebook. Journal your thoughts as if you were writing a letter to this person. As if you were having a conversation. Imagine them sitting beside you and write out what you would tell them in your notebook using ideas the journaling prompts that you answered from above.

As you create your page and leave space for journaling, go back through your notebook and pull things from the journaling prompts, from the "conversation" script that you wrote and edit it into a conversation that fits into the journaling space on your page.

Remember, this assignment is like having a conversation with someone....telling them what's different/same about this event than other years. If you were sitting with someone and showing them your photos, there would most likely be an easy flowing conversation between the two of you. Treat your journaling in much the same way as you would that conversation.

Sometimes when scrapping yearly events, it's easy to have a lot of photos to work with. Don't be afraid to create more than one page for this event. If you have a long "conversation" type of story, you can easily spread it out over more than one page. It's totally up to you.

Here's my layout:

There is a two hour time limit on this challenge. Please have your layout uploaded no later than Feb. 8, 2009. A winner will be drawn at random and will win.....

A GinaK Designs set of your choice valued at $19.95 or less!!

Please upload your layouts to this gallery: JAN09VSBNK

I can't wait to see what you've all come up with!

CHAT Thread HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #10  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Break Time

OK Gals, It is DINNER BREAK Time! So Go, grab something to eat, clean up your desks/tables/counters and get READY for the next Round of VSBN!! We'll Start up at 7:15 EST!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 03:19 PM   #11  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNL - Tell Your Story!

TELL YOUR STORY!!

Hostess: Amy (caffinatedcropper)

HERE WE GO!!!
I am so excited to be hosting a challenge for you guys! I've never done anything like this before so I hope you all have fun fun fun!!!
I have a two part challenge for you..First ..everyone has a whole bunch of photos of a particuliar event or day that you just don't know how to scrap. Probably there are 10 or more photos of the same event and you just don't know how to incorporate them all...If they're like mine...the photos themselves maybe aren't even all that great, but the STORY..the STORY is what has to be told because although the photos maybe aren't "all that" the memory is what will be there for you to share forever!! Part one of your challenge is to get those photos out, get them scrapped and get that story told!!!

Part Two of your Challenge is... I have a sketch to help you along and a layout to share with you as well!! You can find the layout at the bottom of this post orhere in the gallery
I put 13 pictures on this one page layout!! Notice my photos as a whole aren't that great, but this was one of my favorite days ever! (Volunteering with the USO to make care packages for the troops in Iraq..Craig Morgan came and gave us a hand AND a free concert!!)
So Get Scrapping...Grab those photos you've been putting aside forever and get that story down!!
One more thing...when you upload please use keyword JAN09VSBNL so everyone can look at your wonderful creations!!

Rules:
RULES: You have two hours to complete this challenge. (That's two hours start to finish not two hours from time posted.) When finished please upload your layout to the gallery using the code JAN09VSBNL then link your creation to this thread! You must do both upload and link to this thread! Layouts must be completed and uploaded AND linked by Sunday February 8th! I have some wonderful Unity stamps to give away sponsored by the lovely Christi Snow from their DT!!Thanks for Playing!!

HERE is the CHAT THREAD
Attached Thumbnails
JAN 09 VSBN Master Challenge List-vsbn%2520sketch.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #12  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNM - Generations

Hostess: Tobi (jazzytobi)

Hi, I'm Tobi and I was so happy to be asked to hostess this event! It was a personal goal of mine to scrap more (versus card-make) in 2009, so with this little insentive, I'm well on my way! I really hope you enjoy this challenge. Sketch challenges are my favourite, and I can't wait to see all of your versions!

I personally struggle with finding unique and interesting ways to feature family members that aren't in my immediate family (and by that i mean, me, my son, my dog, and my fiance). I looked through all my pics and realized that I have a lot of shots of family members with my son, or with me, and I should try to do layouts that feature their/our relationship. SO...........

It's a double challenge, and the first part of the challenge is to use the given sketch/my layout as a guide. (I cased a layout by Savitri.. check her out)

And the second part of your challenge is to incorporate a picture/pictures of family members that are one or more generations apart and comment on their similarities.

I know for the second part it might be easy to fall back on a mother/daughter relationship or father/son etc, but really try to go beyond the immediate family, and scrap about those other people. lol

Include the keyword JAN09VSBNM so everyone can search your creations with a simple click!!

Here's the JAN09VSBNM Gallery

CHAT Thread HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #13  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNN - Life's Precious Memories

YAY for VSBN! What a FUN Way to Capture the "Days of our Lives". I hope all of you are ENJOYING our VSBN so far.

Our next challenge is a VERY Special Challenge. It's an Opportunity for us to share our love of scrapping with another family. It's a reminder of why we scrap our pictures and how special they are to us, our families, kids and generations to come.

This Challenge is to create a 2 page Scrap Layout for EVERY DAY Life. A layout that can be used for just those fun random pictures we like to scrap. The catch is that we're going to give it away.... (so don't add pictures!) share the love of a scrapbook page. Here's the story behind the challenge:

I am a scrapbooker and a photographer. I love the process of creating something that is pleasing to the eye that expresses my thoughts, feelings, memories and showcases the pictures that I have taken. But more important than the creative outlet that it provides me, is the end result; my family's memories at my children's fingertips. After all, isn't that the reason any of us that are scrapbookers started in the first place? I have often thought about how behind I am, and how I wish I had more time to spend completing my books. Did I miss any important shots? Have I journaled important events before they are forgotten? Or, heaven forbid, something happens to any of us before the memories and photos are completed?

Christine Post was also a scrapbooker and photographer. She came into both crafts a little later in life, after weddings, kids, birthdays and holidays. She has thousands of pictures on her hard drive just waiting to be seen and appreciated. She had lots of catching up to do. Just this year she survived her husband's second 4 month deployment to Iraq in which she found it even more difficult to "catch up" on her scrapbooks and photos.

On December 11th, Christine passed away from a heart attack. She was only 35 years old and leaves behind a loving husband and 4 young children; Abby 9, Chris 7 and Madeline and Payton both 3. She also leaves behind thousands (I'm not exaggerating!) of photos to comb through and a ton of memories to scrapbook

Her good friend Lisa has asked me to participate in an important project, Christine's Keepsakes. Our goal is to get Christine caught up on her albums so that her kids can have memories of her and their family at their fingertips. This is an important project, and we really need help..

Come On Scrappin' Sisters, this is our CHANCE to share the LOVE of a scrapbook page with another Scrappin' Sister who needs our help.

The challenge is to do a 2 page spread. Upload to JAN09VSBNN. Then PM me for the address to send to. Trust me, this isn't difficult. It's a couple dollars to mail to the APO Box we'll be sending these to. Wrap them in a paperbag, you don't have to have special envelope.

I hope you will share in this SPECIAL CHallenge with me. Here's the BLOG if you would like to read more of the story, Project Christine

CHAT Thread HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 02-04-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #14  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNO - DaYs oF our LIves SeRieS

Days of our Lives – The Series

HOSTESS: Laurel (LaurelW)

When I thought of our theme “Days of Our Lives”, I immediately thought of the television series.

I LOVE to take photos of my 2 � yr old doing crazy things. They usually end up being a series of shots, of him during various stages of whatever silly activity he's dreamed up. Then when it comes time to scrap, I just can’t choose the one or two best shots – I want to show the whole story!

Your challenge is to scrap a series of photos. To add an extra piece to the challenge, try to use at least 5 photos!

Your series could be a sequence of photos taken during one event (like my sample)

OR

it could be photos of the same event over time (for example - a series of photos of the First Day of School over a series of years)

OR

it could be a series of photos from each day at a particular time (for example - one photo per day of a vacation.

These ideas sound fairly similar to some other challenges posted already this weekend so this would be a good chance to really reflect on some of those photos of everyday things that aren't special occasions like birthdays or holidays. Think of the series like in a television show with a series of episodes of things that happen one after the other.

I know that there are some other challenges going on out there to take one photo per day or to take the same photo at different times of the day or in different seasons. This might even be an opportunity to scrap some of those.

I'm looking forward to some creative ideas, and most of all HAVE FUN and get some SCRAPPING DONE!

Please remember that there is a two hour time limit for your pages, the deadline to upload is February 8,
post to the Gallery using the keyword JAN09VSBNO, and add a link here.

Chat Thread HERE

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #15  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNP - HOT Summer Days

Hostess: Jessica (JessJean)

I'm so excited for the opportunity to hostess my very first VSBN challenge here on SCS! I've done several challenges for GinaK Designs - but VSBN is a whole new territory for me, so thank you for the opportunity to play with you all! So, let's get started...

My challenge is to dig out those bright and summery patterned papers (I used Basic Grey's Cupcake line on my pages) and summer photos and warm up your scrapbooks with some hot summer layouts! Most of the country has been in the deep freeze for the month of January and now that GroundHog's Day is tomorrow, let's send our 'warm vibes' to Jimmy the Groundhog for an early spring with all our HOT summer days photos!

If you're looking for a even more of a challenge, pull out your rubber stamps and let them be your embellishments. Dress them up with stickles, buttons, and paper punches to really help them pop!

Here's a few of my 6x6 scrapbook pages to help inspire you...

As with the other challenges this weekend, there is a time limit with this challenge. All layouts must be completed in a two hour time frame and uploaded to SCS by Sunday, February 8th. Be sure to use the keyword JAN09VSBNP when you upload your photos to make sure your photo is linked with our challenge. The winner will be able to choose a GinaK Designs stamp set of their choice valued at $19.95 or less.

I can't wait to see what you all will come up with!

Chat Thread HERE

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #16  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow JAN09VSBNQ - The BEST of Times

Hostess: Lela (LMN)

WOW! Another VSBN Weekend is "in the Books". I don't know about all of you but I got some GREAT pages done, still got a few to finish up and have LOTS of new ideas and Inspiration! We had FANTASTIC Sketches, techniques, themes and fun and NOW it's time to WRAP IT ALL UP.

This Challenge is The Best of Times!. This is a Multi - Part Challenge!

(1) Go to the VSBN MASTER Thread and find your #1 FAVORITE Challenge of this weekend...I know! It will be difficult to pick just 1! Go to the GALLERY for that Challenge and LEAVE at least 9 Sisters some Love for their Pages. Some of the Galleries may not have 9 uploads YET so you may have to pick a couple favorite Galleries to comment on.

(2) While you're in the Master Thread, Pick your TOP 3 Challenges and create a Page using all 3. For instance, you may use Sally's Sketch, with some NEW (stop Hoarding) Elements from Emily's Challenge and Journal with Erika's Journaling Ideas.... YOU DECIDE. You have to pick from 3 and you can take as much from the Challenge or just a part

(3) Come Back to the Thread and POST when you're done with Part (1) Leaving Love in the Gallery and of course (2) upload your page (or pages)!

Thank you again for PLAYING VSBN with us.

BE SURE TO MARK YOUR CALENDARS for our SPRING VSBN EVENT ---- May 1-3, 2009!!

As in ALL of the Other Challenges, you have a 2 hour time limit for the Challenge and all pages for "official" VSBN Play need to be uploaded by Sunday, Feb 8.

Chat Thread HERE

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #17  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking JAN09VSBN -- Wrap Up

To ALL of our Scrappin' Sisters that participated this weekend in our VSBN .... THANKS! It was a GREAT event and look at all we accomplished! Just a FEW Notes as we WRAP UP our WEEKEND.

1. Please, while you're thinking about it, reply to this thread and tell me the 3 things you liked best about this VSBN. Also, feel free to share what could have been better. If you'd rather not post in a reply, PM me! Feedback is good!

2. Please take a minute if you haven't had the chance already and post in the Unity & Gina K Forums. They were GREAT to us for this weekend!
-- Post your THANK YOU HERE for Gina K!
-- Post your THANK YOU HERE for Angela from Unity Stamps!

3. Please don't forget about PROJECT CHRISTINE - JAN09VSBNN Challenge! I'd love to see if we can get to 100 pages sent to them for this so post how many pages you send here in this thread and we'll keep a tally!

4. Don't forget you have until Sunday, Feb 8 for uploading your Pages to the Challenge Galleries! The PRIZE WINNERS and Highlighted Pages will be posted on Wed, Feb 11.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #18  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking VSBN ---

Don't Forget you have until midnight EST on 02/08 to upload all of your VSBN Challenge Pages ;)
Reply With Quote Likes