Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to display card's inside sentiments?

Hello out there. I'm sorta new, now getting the hang of stamping the card's front, but what about its INSIDE? I see so many great gallery pictures of the fronts, but would like suggestions on the interior.

Almost all my cards are white inside. I like to create and print my own sentiments with nice fonts and colors on matching white stock and cut to size for the inside right side. (I don't prefer sending the whole card through the printer, want to add the sentiment separately).

But white on white is so boring. I cut some matching stock as a background to the sentiment piece, but it starts to look so busy. And what about some matching stamping on the inside left side?

SO, does anyone have a good visual source, or some written suggestions, for the card's inside?

THANKS SO MUCH.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 06:14 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Sometimes I run the base cardstock through the computer, I just have a template set up where I cut and paste and it's set to come out centered perfectly on the bottom half of the CS.

Usually though I don't know what kind of sentiment I want until the card is done...if any. In that case I do as you said...print the sentiment off on white (or vanilla) depending on my base, and thinly frame it with something that coordinates from the front. Sometimes in lieu of the frame, I sponge the edges with a color just to make it look like it is supposed to be one layer on the other, not an afterthought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi! I have done cards with sets, like SU sets, that have both images and a sentiment. If it's for a swap, for example, due to size requirements, they don't always fit on the front (or if the card is *too busy*) so I add the matching sentiment to the inside. It's nice to leave them white & blank as you mentioned also because that leaves a lot of room to write You could always just stamp a small sentiment in the middle, centered. Plenty of room to write above, below or on the other side.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 06:48 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used chalks or my ink to "distress"/add color around the edges of the inside sentiment (I use the white paper and then a color from the front of the card to ink with). I like how it looks, not too busy and it brings all of the colors together. Maybe that'll spice up your white without it being busy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 06:49 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I like to print the sentiment or message on vellum...then place it in the card. or cut it or tear the vellum then sponge color around the edges to match the card. this will also cover up any adhesive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have also used ink or chalks to distress the edges of the sentiment layer. I have only one example but I really like how it turned out.

My hero when it comes to the inside of cards has to be snap_scrap_stamp. She has only a few *insides* posted in her SCS gallery, but here are a couple of links.

Inside of Bird Cage Collage Card by snap_scrap_stamp at Splitcoaststampers

Inside of "Wishing You the Best" Zoofari Card by snap_scrap_stamp at Splitcoaststampers

She has sold cards on ebay with lots of photos of the insides. The time and care she takes on the inside are what sets hers apart! Maybe you can search ebay for some samples of hers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jessica Fick does a nice job on the insides of her cards. Scroll down this page for an example: http://iembellish.blogspot.com/2008/...r-boat_27
Reply With Quote Likes