Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #281  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugsView Post
I hate to say it but I live about 5 minutes from Flower and craft Warehouse. They have filed bankruptcy and rumor has it they will eventually close. That is what the buzz is anyway....there stock has dwindled BIG TIME!! Stamp selection stinks!! I do not go there much as they are kinda expensive and to touristy!!
oh, that is just too sad! I love the warehouse and sadly they have been reducing their stock and wondered what was up with that! :(
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 AM   #282  
Matboard Maniac

No she did not! She was thrilled! Really thrilled. SO VERY NICE! I guess it would be weird hearing someone you don't know, know those things. Barbara from the one store called one of the ladies with me about classes. We told her we were interested in talking some if worth driving 2 1/2 hours. Barbara told her that her mother told her that we found out about her store from the "talking box". Too cute! VERY VERY NICE WOMAN! Unfortunately, Barbara was not there that day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 04:04 AM   #283  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by katey_didView Post
No she did not! She was thrilled! Really thrilled. SO VERY NICE! I guess it would be weird hearing someone you don't know, know those things. Barbara from the one store called one of the ladies with me about classes. We told her we were interested in talking some if worth driving 2 1/2 hours. Barbara told her that her mother told her that we found out about her store from the "talking box". Too cute! VERY VERY NICE WOMAN! Unfortunately, Barbara was not there that day.

Yep - that's us - the "talking box"!! LOL Barbara's classes are fun - you make 4 or 5 cards for $10 which is a steal. She's been using the Great Impressions SOTM for her cards the past 2 classes I've attended. Barbara and her mom Lydia are the sweetest and best people you'll ever meet.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 AM   #284  
Stazon Splitcoast

For anyone close to Barbara's, she called me and just got in a large Prima order. So if you're a Prima hoarder like I am, you might just want to stop by.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #285  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to Barbara's on Saturday, and boy oh boy!!! She has lots of wonderful Prima's - it was like walking into a florist!! And she has the new SOTM from Great Impressions which is a snowman and then all the stamps to go with it. Next month's stamps are also Christmas/winter related.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #286  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
I live in Millerstown (west of Harrisburg) and we have 1 Amish stamp store. They sell a lot of great stamps.
We had a cabin in Ickesburg and used to go through Millerstown. We would like to go back to see the cabin and the grandkids want to go to Hall's and so I thought if we go back we could stop at this store if someone could give us directions and the name of the stamp store. Thanks. [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #287  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandiPView Post
I have an excel spreadsheet of the Amish stores in Lancaster County, PA. I got it from Cindy. It is an awesome reference! Most of the spreadsheet is scanned business cards so you do have to do a little bit of the research for directions and so on. If anyone is interested please let me know! I'd be happy to PM it. YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL IN YOUR PM. I know this topic comes up a lot for PA stampers (lack of stamp shops) but it does seem like there are a good number of high quality stores still left. Although, I will greatly miss Rubber Buggy closing because Kris was such a kind person!
I would be interested in the excel spreadsheet of the Amish stores in Lancaster County, Pa. My e-mail is [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #288  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
I got Rachel's postcard too and might swing by after the York convention. Just depends on how long I stay in York.

And for those of you going to Rachel's, Esther's (Country Cottage Creations) is just around the corner as mentioned by Denise and also Barbara's Stamping Delight isn't too far from there either. You could plan a full day of stamp shopping!

And if you want pumpkins or fall decorations, the Amish are the ones to buy them from - very cheap! They don't sell pumpkins by the pound like most English owned places, so you can get pretty big pumpkins for just a couple bucks.
Could you please tell me where Rachel's is located? I am familiar with Country Cottage Creations but never heard of Rachel's. Thanks. My e-mail is [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #289  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoGoView Post
Could you please tell me where Rachel's is located? I am familiar with Country Cottage Creations but never heard of Rachel's. Thanks. My e-mail is [email protected]

Here is Rachel's information:
Scrapbooking from the Heart
95 Spring Road
Paradise, PA 17562
717-687-3711
(Amish owned)

If you are at Country Cottage Creations, make a right out of Esther's driveway and then go down to the next left which is Spring Road and turn. She is I believe the 2nd house on the right. There is a sign out at the driveway.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #290  
Cardstock Collector

PA Stamps stores are few and far between.

Rubber stamping must be the best kept secret in Pennsylvania. At least in the western part of the state. We have one stamp store and it is a nice store but quite over priced. I can usually purchase on the internet and with shipping pay less. When shows come to the area, the turnout is poor and then the shows don't come back again. I wonder what can be done about that? Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #291  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
Rubber stamping must be the best kept secret in Pennsylvania. At least in the western part of the state. We have one stamp store and it is a nice store but quite over priced. I can usually purchase on the internet and with shipping pay less. When shows come to the area, the turnout is poor and then the shows don't come back again. I wonder what can be done about that? Any ideas?

You might want to check around and see if there are any Amish owned stamp stores out that way. I know there are plenty of Amish in the western part of the state too. It's just a thought.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #292  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

if you are a member AAA may help.
i have asked for shops within 100 miles-and gotten a list.
around tis time of the year i also ask for craft shows.
worth a shot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #293  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugsView Post
I hate to say it but I live about 5 minutes from Flower and craft Warehouse. They have filed bankruptcy and rumor has it they will eventually close. That is what the buzz is anyway....there stock has dwindled BIG TIME!! Stamp selection stinks!! I do not go there much as they are kinda expensive and to touristy!!

Ok, I missed this post earlier. I just called FCW and the customer service rep I spoke to said that they aren't stocking as much because they don't have as many customers (economy impacts us crafters too). As far as she knows, she said they are NOT closing. I did specifically ask her whether they were closing down the scrapbooking room and she said no and in fact they are ordering new things for next year, just maybe not as much.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #294  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
Ok, I missed this post earlier. I just called FCW and the customer service rep I spoke to said that they aren't stocking as much because they don't have as many customers (economy impacts us crafters too). As far as she knows, she said they are NOT closing. I did specifically ask her whether they were closing down the scrapbooking room and she said no and in fact they are ordering new things for next year, just maybe not as much.
good to know...

btw, love your siggy line...that would be me! LOL
Old 12-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #295  
Rubber Obsessor

Bankrupcy doesn't mean a store is closing, it just means they are reorganizing their funds and getting loans. Hoping all works out they will pull out of bankrupcy and continue, if it doesn't then the stores close. So lets hope they won't close but I am sure they will downsize some of their departments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #296  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was at the flower and craft warehouse yesterday. They've moved one cash register back into the scrapbooking dept again, and I questioned the two girls working behind the counter about the rumors of them closing. They both said no, actually we were in the middle of ordering new things for next year. She assured me they are not closing, that early next year, they're expanding the scrapbook room and will be back bigger than ever. They've already re-organized the aisles, putting coordinating stickers and items with the same designer paper themes. It's much easier to find things now if you have a certain theme in mind. She said in accordance with a bad economy, of course they had to cut back, but there are no plans to close the store or claim bankruptcy. I'd signed up previously on their website for notification of sales, and recently received a 10% off everything coupon that I printed out and took along with me. When I came home and checked my email, there was another coupon from them - this one is for 20% off everything, good until later this month. I came home feeling reassured that they're not planning on closing the scrapbook room OR the store any time soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #297  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't forget to support the Amish owned stores, so we can have local stamp stores with awesome prices.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #298  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by carol_PA925View Post
I was at the flower and craft warehouse yesterday. They've moved one cash register back into the scrapbooking dept again, and I questioned the two girls working behind the counter about the rumors of them closing. They both said no, actually we were in the middle of ordering new things for next year. She assured me they are not closing, that early next year, they're expanding the scrapbook room and will be back bigger than ever. They've already re-organized the aisles, putting coordinating stickers and items with the same designer paper themes. It's much easier to find things now if you have a certain theme in mind. She said in accordance with a bad economy, of course they had to cut back, but there are no plans to close the store or claim bankruptcy. I'd signed up previously on their website for notification of sales, and recently received a 10% off everything coupon that I printed out and took along with me. When I came home and checked my email, there was another coupon from them - this one is for 20% off everything, good until later this month. I came home feeling reassured that they're not planning on closing the scrapbook room OR the store any time soon.
The email that you got with the coupons - is that part of the newsletter? I signed up to get the newsletter but have not received anything yet (but I'm wondering if my spam software is blocking it).

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #299  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Don't forget to support the Amish owned stores, so we can have local stamp stores with awesome prices.
I went to Barbara's for the first time back in November and I'm hoping to visit several of the other stores but haven't had time to do so yet.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #300  
Stazon Splitcoast

The F&CW coupon was mailed as a separate offer - there was no other information in the email other than the coupon.
Try putting ..... [email protected] .... in your address book and see if that won't help it get past your spam blocker?
The 2nd coupon was mailed the same way - dated December 9th.......a coupon for 20% off. Perhaps you could email them to find out why you haven't received any coupons? Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #301  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
I went to Barbara's for the first time back in November and I'm hoping to visit several of the other stores but haven't had time to do so yet.
It's a wonderful day when you have some time. My DH & I went on a "commando shopping spree" with the help of the ladies on this thread back in August. I hit most of the Amish stores (and a few others) in 2 days. We not only had a blast, we met some truly lovely people (both on this thread and at the stores.) We've decided to make it an annual event. It's a wonderfully relaxing place for me, Cabela's isn't too far for him, and if it's a non-vacation year this really does the trick.

I was utterly disappointed with the F&CW when we were there. It's good to know they might be making a come back! I would certainly try it out again, but would encourage you to look at the shops these ladies have posted. The women who run them are super sweet and their prices were great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #302  
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbara's Stamping Delight in Quarryville is having a 10% off everything sale from December 18 thru December 30. She's closed 12/25 and 12/26. She has lots of new fun stuff including the December Great Impressions SOTM and new Prima's.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #303  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

L & L Stamping has a few of the new nesties in. She had large labels, small labels, a sunflower set, labels 1, labels 2 and the pinking circles (in addition to almost all of the regular shapes). She wasn't able to get a lot of the new sets in since most of them are still on backorder, but she has a few. They're $16.95 per set. I got Labels 1 and Labels 2 nesties this morning and wanted to pass on the news for everyone in the area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #304  
Stazon Splitcoast

Has Lorene set a date to move yet?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #305  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Has Lorene set a date to move yet?
It'll probably be sometime mid-January now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #306  
Watercolor Wizard

I was just thinking about her and hoping her move was oging well. When I met her in August the target date for moving was Thanksgiving-ish. Please keep us (or at least me!) posted on when she moves, is set up, and the address of her new place...thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #307  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
I was just thinking about her and hoping her move was oging well. When I met her in August the target date for moving was Thanksgiving-ish. Please keep us (or at least me!) posted on when she moves, is set up, and the address of her new place...thanks!!!!

I've seen the outside of the new place - it's gorgeous! So different than where she is now. I don't have the address here at work with me. I'll have to remember to get it and post it closer to her move.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #308  
Cardstock Collector

Default Stampin Station/Purple Daisy Designs

Hello, I am the "webmaster" for Purple Daisy Designs.

Melody would like me to tell everyone that she has not closed. She does not do Sunday sales which may have been what someone saw who posted she is closed.

She is open and hoping you will stop into her store at 8541 Willowdale Rd, Greencastle PA. 17225. I am creating an email newsletter for her for promotions at the store and on-line. I will accept questions but at this time we will not be selling on line. I live in Chambersburg and attend her classes on Monday mornings (10:00-12:00).
WE just want everyone to know Melody is alive and well and looking for you to stop in. She has a wonderful catalogue available for mail order if you are a distance away.
Thanks. Semarie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #309  
Cardstock Collector

Default Sad news ladies, yet another PA stamp store closing

A truly wonderful stamp store is closing Feb 6th. DePue's Stamp Emporium in the Pocono Mountains. The owner is retiring.Having a big sale. It's my favorite store. always unusual things. they have stampscapes and Thomas Kinkade, tons of brass stencils and beautiful papers.
It's just off route 80, not far from New Jersey. Totally worth the trip. It was a great place to be:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #310  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassystamper26View Post
A truly wonderful stamp store is closing Feb 6th. DePue's Stamp Emporium in the Pocono Mountains. The owner is retiring.Having a big sale. It's my favorite store. always unusual things. they have stampscapes and Thomas Kinkade, tons of brass stencils and beautiful papers.
It's just off route 80, not far from New Jersey. Totally worth the trip. It was a great place to be:(
Is that the one near the Tannersville outlets?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #311  
Cardstock Collector

Yes, just a mile south of there on rt 611.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #312  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello PA girls, check this out, Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Just wondering!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #313  
Cardstock Collector

Default DePue's Stamps

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassystamper26View Post
My sister and I dropped in to have a look, and it really is a shame that such a great place is closing it's doors. But the good news is that we got some really GREAT buys! Discounts galore!! And the salesperson, Diane, is SO full of great crafting ideas, you'd just want to buy up the whole store! It really is such a pity that it's closing. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #314  
Cardstock Collector

I just found this thread and would love to have a list of these stores. My e-mail is [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #315  
Cardstock Collector

Smile The Great American Stamp Store, Westport, CT

If you are up for a day trip, the Great American Stamp store is full of all sorts of wonderful stamping, paperscraft supplies,punches,inks, all your favorite things. I live close enough that I can go visit and take classes on a regular basis. Judi is the owner and she is great. They are just a few minutes off interstate 95. Check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #316  
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Ladies!

LOog time no chat!

I was wondering if any of you have an updated address for L&L - she was moving around Thanksgiving the last I saw her.

Also, has anyone been to the Flower & Craft Warehouse lately? As I reported back in August they were not reordering (per them); a friend was there in October and the store was even more bare, no reordering yet, no dates for anything like that. Any word or difference since then?

Hoping to steal another couple of shopping days in these same stores, perhaps even an extra run back to Gettysburg (so some potential new places to hit!) Good thing we have a truck! ;)

I hope you're all well!
~ Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 06:47 AM   #317  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was at L&L last week. She's in her new location and getting settled in. It's much larger than the old store! She's needing lots more shelves and things for the new store. She has some of the new nesties too - labels 3, labels 4, curved rectangles, deckled rectangles, octagons(?) and maybe a few more.

I was at Flower and Craft Warehouse last month and it was pretty bare, but they appear to be restructuring the scrapbooking area and adding beads to part of it. I have been getting e-mail coupons for 20-25% off one item or your total regular priced order.

Pages In Time, in Lititz PA, is having a yard sale. It's tomorrow from 9-4. I asked and she is planning on around 20 vendors. I plan on stopping in there tomorrow morning and hope to pick up some fun things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #318  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for the update! I get the emails from Pages in Time just in case I find myself on a nice road trip one weekend. ;) I wish there was better news about the FCW. :(

Can you tell me the new address for L&L? (and phone if avail?)

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #319  
Stazon Splitcoast

New L & L address and phone #:

1015 Frys Road
Ephrata PA 17522
717-355-5115

Open Mon/Wed 9-7
Open Fri 9-3
Other days and evenings by appointment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #320  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks so much!!

~ Denise
Reply With Quote Likes