Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #161  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went by Rachel's "From the Heart" on Saturday and it was amazing! The stuff she stocks is awesome! Lots of Making Memories. Not as many loose stamps as the other stores, which I liked since I don't buy a lot of single stamps, two walls of paper, and she has an entire book of ideas! Plus, she's super nice! I would say her prices are slightly higher than the other Amish/Mennonite stores, but she carries completely different things. Comparatively, the prices were lower than any big box store for similar brands and even lower than King's Homestead! I bought a Making Memories Blossoms & Buttons box at King's for 7.00 earlier in the day and paid only 4.50 for the same box at Rachel's! Like Cindy said, there are three little shops down in that area and I would definitely recommend you stop by Rachel's "From the Heart", I was pleasantly surprised!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #162  
Compulsive Stamper

Last year I tried to start my own little scrap shop in a flea market and it bombed. I had great stuff but people were just not interested in scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies. I guess wrong location. I live up in NE Pa. I only know a handful of people that scrapbook and stamp and they are all online. I had also worked for sometime in Michaels and to be honest their sales on scrapping supplies wasn't great either. I don't know of any LSS up where I am. It's a shame. I go down to my mothers in Jersey and I get the best stuff there. I do have to order online for some of my stamping supplies but I do have to go to the big boys to buy most of my supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 04:00 AM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnekView Post
Cindy - I am sorry I missed you! I posted in the get together thread on the events of my Friday afternoon.

Anne

Anne, I'm so glad you are okay. That had to be scary.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandiPView Post
We went by Rachel's "From the Heart" on Saturday and it was amazing! The stuff she stocks is awesome! Lots of Making Memories. Not as many loose stamps as the other stores, which I liked since I don't buy a lot of single stamps, two walls of paper, and she has an entire book of ideas! Plus, she's super nice! I would say her prices are slightly higher than the other Amish/Mennonite stores, but she carries completely different things. Comparatively, the prices were lower than any big box store for similar brands and even lower than King's Homestead! I bought a Making Memories Blossoms & Buttons box at King's for 7.00 earlier in the day and paid only 4.50 for the same box at Rachel's! Like Cindy said, there are three little shops down in that area and I would definitely recommend you stop by Rachel's "From the Heart", I was pleasantly surprised!

Brandi, good to see you on Saturday. Glad you enjoyed your tour of the stamp shops.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #165  
Watercolor Wizard

Rachel's "From the Heart"

Can anyone tell me where this is? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 05:02 AM   #166  
Watercolor Wizard

Never mind, found it in thread. sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #167  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcw519View Post
One of you actually knows where Milton PA is? That is great! - yes, I live right here in Milton. Milton is famous for Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee foods...no, not Spaghetti-O's, the other one. : ) Stampin' Stuff in Danville closed a few years ago -- almost overnight, it seemed. I never heard anything about why it closed.

Nora is Nora Martin. In addition to rubber stamps, papers, punches, Tapestry brand sets, ink pads, H2Os, Prismacolors and embellies too numerous to mention, she & other Amish women make beautiful quilts in all sorts of patterns & colors and wonderful pot-holders in the Log Cabin pattern. When Nora isn't stamping or selling stamps, she is binding a quilt by hand. The directions to her place, her days & hours are accurate, as listed above. Her phone is 570-922-1849 and she will open her shop for you IF you call ahead and make an appointment. She is a dear woman. She has A/C in the shop and her prices are excellent. After you go through Mifflinburg (west on route 45) keep going and about the time you begin to think you missed her place, there will be The 4 Bells Lutheran Church on your left. Nora's is the very next house/farm. You will have passed several smaller churches on your way, but 4 Bells is big and a helpful landmark.

The countryside is beautiful, R B Winter State Park is nearby, Knoebel's Amusement Park is also in the area.

BTW, Nora knows me as "Carolyn, The Stamp Collector." I keep adding to my collection, but I don't seem to be making any cards. At this point I have no idea what is where and I have to get organized so I have a clue what stamps I do have. I spend hours and hours at SCS, reading forums, clicking links to wonderful ideas and reading beautiful blogs. You all are amazing and so talented. I have stamped some cards, but not lately. Soon... (I hope this isn't too long for posting.)

I'm not sure who mentioned knowing where Milton is, but I know as well. I'm not sure if I've ever actually been in the town, but I've passed through there a lot!

It amazes me how Nora keeps up to date with new supplies and packs so much into her smallish space! She is always so friendly and yes, she will open for you on days she is closed if you call ahead. When my DH's grandparents were living, they were neighbors to Nora and used to provide her with transportation. I hope to make a trip down there soon...and I have a few friends who would like to visit her store with me.

Oh....and we LOVE Knoebel's too....it is definitely worth the trip! We have gone for years and went there just last week. We noticed that there seemed to be less people this year. They hardly waited for any rides and pretty much walked right onto the rollercoasters. I think the rising gas prices are keeping people at home?? Knoebel's is a great park....no charge for admission or parking! You only pay for your rides and any food you want. Which is great if grandparents or those who don't ride just want to come and watch. Plus there's always a bit of a shady spot at each ride to get out of the sun. Gotta love Knoebel's!!!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #168  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcw519View Post
One of you actually knows where Milton PA is? That is great! - yes, I live right here in Milton. Milton is famous for Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee foods...no, not Spaghetti-O's, the other one. : ) Stampin' Stuff in Danville closed a few years ago -- almost overnight, it seemed. I never heard anything about why it closed.
Ooh, I know Milton too! I grew up in Williamsport, and my dad's company had their summer picnic every year at Knoebels. I've been going there since I was born, and I've been taking my kids since they were 2 or so.

My parents and sister still live up that way in Montoursville, and my sister works at Geisinger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #169  
Stazon Splitcoast

We love Knoebel's too. Love being able to camp right there and walk over to the park. And we love their huge swimming pool!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #170  
Compulsive Stamper

I love Knoebels. We are going to try to get there this summer. The gas prices play a big part in us going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #171  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah yea Knoebels, great family/kid park. Great shade for little ones. Now I have another reason to travel that way, scrapbook shopping. Today I'm headed to Hershey Park. Waiting for family to come pick me up.

Disney Image Swap
Birthday Club Swap
5 for 5 Round #2
Boys are a Joy Image Swap
DVC/Disney Fanatics

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
Ah yea Knoebels, great family/kid park. Great shade for little ones. Now I have another reason to travel that way, scrapbook shopping. Today I'm headed to Hershey Park. Waiting for family to come pick me up.

Disney Image Swap
Birthday Club Swap
5 for 5 Round #2
Boys are a Joy Image Swap
DVC/Disney Fanatics

Have a great time at Hershey! At least the weather is a bit cooler and less humid today. Enjoy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, it is a great day for it!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #174  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I spoke with her today. She will be away when I'm in the area but was kind enough to have her sister open up for me one of the days. I told her I heard about her shop from you and she asked if you were the girl in on Saturday. I told her I was unsure, I was in NY and you told me about the store via SCS. She said she was new and trying to get it going, told her I'd love to stop in to see what I could do to help her out. ;) She seemed very nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #175  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
I spoke with her today. She will be away when I'm in the area but was kind enough to have her sister open up for me one of the days. I told her I heard about her shop from you and she asked if you were the girl in on Saturday. I told her I was unsure, I was in NY and you told me about the store via SCS. She said she was new and trying to get it going, told her I'd love to stop in to see what I could do to help her out. ;) She seemed very nice.
She's really nice and very accomodating! I'm glad you'll be able to get to her shop. I liked the stamps she has (all wood mounted - FYI) as they were not the typical folksy/primitive style often found in Amish shops. Make sure you check out her album of cards on the table next to the counter - she is super talented! Let us know how you make out on your trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #176  
Matboard Maniac

If anyone is in the Gettysburg area, there is a scrapbooking store there called Forevermore Scrapbooks. They don't have a lot of stamps, but they have a great paper selection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #177  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmmsmomView Post
If anyone is in the Gettysburg area, there is a scrapbooking store there called Forevermore Scrapbooks. They don't have a lot of stamps, but they have a great paper selection.
I have been there - but ended up at the one on the highway. The daughter never opened the one in town the day we were there - called the other location and Mom was there...couldn't figure out why her DD wasn't at work yet! Loved it, though!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #178  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullycatView Post
She's really nice and very accomodating! I'm glad you'll be able to get to her shop. I liked the stamps she has (all wood mounted - FYI) as they were not the typical folksy/primitive style often found in Amish shops. Make sure you check out her album of cards on the table next to the counter - she is super talented! Let us know how you make out on your trip!

i will! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've updated the stamp store list to include one more Amish store located in Honey Brook - thanks Julie!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf amish & pa stamp-scrap stores 072508.pdf (174.7 KB, 171 views)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #180  
Crimping Master

Thanks Cindy!! (Nice to have met you last Saturday at Barbara's!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #181  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh hello PA ladies! I know where Milton is too! I am originally from Selinsgrove, and have passed thru Milton a few times in life. Knoebel's is awesome! Not sure that DH and I will get there this summer, but the kids have been there already with other family members. We ARE headed to Gettysburg in September, however, (our absolutely favorite place!), and I've been to Forevermore Scrapbooks.. Have yet to purchase anything tho...just love looking! I'm so glad to see others online talking about places I actually know about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #182  
Gabfest Goddess

I am in Pa, Berks County. Being an online store makes it much easier to stay in business. I have my craft room set up as my shop, not your typical stamp store, but my friends come and shop all the time, so I'd love to have anyone who wants to come and see me!

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #183  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

[/FONT]
Quote:

Originally Posted by MangomommaView Post
I am Carolyn also, but not "The Stamp Collector". I am not so well known in my parts

Carolyn, if you like Nora, you need to check out the Scrapbook Lady in Lewisburg. They can't beat Nora's embellishments or stamp prices, but they have an AWESOME selection of papers. I am talking to the owner about the variety & quality of stamps, so cross your fingers!

this world is kinda small, so I am sure I will see you around!
Mangomomma, it's always nice to meet another 'Carolyn.'

Thanks for the good words about Scrapbook Lady. I'll be stopping in soon. Also, thanks for promoting varied and quality stamps to the owner. Country Cupboard used to have such a great inventory of stamps, papers and supplies, but the younger generation is now in charge and those two departments no longer exist!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #184  
Mad Swapper

Hey Julie-

If you're out there....I know you had mentioned Shady Lane in a PM before, can you PM me with directions/landmarks? I'm not finding the exact address in GoogleMaps and I wanted to go check it out. Is it by Tel Hai?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #185  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Hey Julie-

If you're out there....I know you had mentioned Shady Lane in a PM before, can you PM me with directions/landmarks? I'm not finding the exact address in GoogleMaps and I wanted to go check it out. Is it by Tel Hai?
Yes, it is by Tel Hai. If your on Beaver Dam Rd going East (past Tel Hai), you'll pass Park Rd, go over a little bridge, right after the bridge is their driveway (on the left) there is a tiny sign. Go up the driveway, bear to the right, then to the left (I usually park in front of the little shed). The store is directly in front on the shed if your parked straight onto the shed it's to the left (there are no signs, I was totally confused the first time I went). They are sooo nice. They make there own stamps, don't really have other mfgs, but have lots of accessories. Let me know if you need any more help or you can pm me for my phone # just in case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #186  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullycatView Post
Thanks Cindy!! (Nice to have met you last Saturday at Barbara's!)

Good to meet you too. So glad you had a fun day of shopping.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to From the Heart today with my mom. Rachel's store is really nice and her house is gorgeous!! I had met Rachel several times when she had her store at the PA Dutch Market in MD, so it was nice to see her again. Her littlest girl sure has grown!! Brandi, Caroline, and Mary - you girls were right - it's a very nice shop and her binder of cards is awesome.

Went to Barbara's too for a class. Brandi, the stamps you ordered haven't come in yet. She said it should be soon though.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #188  
Mad Swapper

Thanks so much for compiling this list. Does anyone know of any stamp/scrap stores in MD? I loved Recollections til they closed :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #189  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Many thanks to all of you who have mentioned knowing Nora Martin, Milton, Knoebels, Selinsgrove, Williamsport, Montoursville and other places in the area. The SCS neighborhood is the greatest, isn't it?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #190  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't seen anyone mentioned Rocky Hill Creations in Gap, PA. It is definitely worth the trip. She has loads of stamps and papers and accessories. AND her prices are great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #191  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by katey_didView Post
I haven't seen anyone mentioned Rocky Hill Creations in Gap, PA. It is definitely worth the trip. She has loads of stamps and papers and accessories. AND her prices are great!
I am in Gap all the time & have never heard of her store. Where in Gap - do you have an address?

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rocky Hill's info is on the first page of the list I compiled. It's a really nice store, and Priscilla and her girls are so sweet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #193  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Rocky Hill's info is on the first page of the list I compiled. It's a really nice store, and Priscilla and her girls are so sweet.
Thank you Cindy! Am printing the list as I type! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #194  
Matboard Maniac

I am going this Friday! I can't wait. Yes she is very nice. It is purely Amish. The last time I was there I had to push a propane lantern around to see....but it is a GREAT SHOP!!! When my friend Merry came in from California, we went to the farmhouse one, and she told us about her shop. We spent hours there. Seriously!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #195  
Rubber Obsessor

I must thank you for the list of stamp stores in Lancaster. My Husband and I decided to take a weekend trip and my hubby was willing to take a scenic tour-LOL We used our GPS and typed in the addresses. We found Rocky Hill Creations, Country Cottage Creations and Creekside stamps. The owners were all so nice. I found some House Mouse stamps at Rocky Hill. All of the stores had something I wanted. Ruth at Creekside had nice flower stamps and sentiment stamps. I think it was Country Cottage stamps had used stamps she was selling at a discount and one of the stores had older "new" stamps discounted. All of the stores had punches. I wish I could remember the specific stores better but I enjoyed them all. Now I'm over 50 the memory is shot-LOL. All in all we had a wonderful weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #196  
Matboard Maniac

I am glad that you had fun. I only go to the Amish or Mennoite stamp shops in the early spring or fall as they do not have air conditioning and it is quite hot in PA. ;) cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #197  
Watercolor Wizard

Ladies -

I am just back from my shopping trip and cannot thank you enough!

Rocky Hill was great, she was very sweet!

Farmhouse Memories - rachel is a sweetheart, and I found some different things there (ask her about the color-cored paper if you go there!)

From the Heart - Ruthie was there for me (Rache's sister) - another doll. Got lots of great paper, also had a nice selection of scrapbook stuf! Told Ruthie I heard about the store thourhg SCS. (In fact, told all o fthem that!)

Found Creekside but no evidence of any adult. :(

Barbara is also lovely and has SO many beautiful stamps! Told her you referred me, Cyndi!

Kings Homestead was a bust for me. They had paper, but nothing I can;t get here. And, to my surprise, it was actually mroe expensivce (the DP was) than here! Go figure! i was in tourist he$$.

Country Cottage - also a doll, also had TONS of stamps!

Finally found L&L just before a rainstorm hit...lots to go through anbd byt the time I was done the rain had passed. She is moving, she hopes by Thanksgiving...

Pages in Time - great SB store - wish ours were that complete! Laurie is so nice, too!

Flower & Craft Warehouse, my reaosn for going - TOTAL BUST FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4 YEARS!!!! They a re not retocking paper on a regular basis as they do not have the demand for it. In fact, even my Dh noticed their inventory was about 1/3 of what it was this time last year. it was the ,most disappointing store of the trip.

So, I got less than I thought but still mroe than I should have, ;) Thanks to everyone, can't wait for a repeat trip next year. FYI...GPS is a MUST when finding these places if you aren;t local!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #198  
Rubber Obsessor

Cyndi, The weather wasn't that bad so I didn't have too much problems with it being hot. I wasn't looking for paper so I was in and out of the stores faster than Teacher4416. I too can't wait for my next visit. The best part was the scenery. The farms are so well kept. I told the store owners about SCS as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #199  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

She had great paper at good prices, including bazzil and colormates, and a nice variety of "stuff!" I will certainly go back there on my next trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #200  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpe135View Post
Cyndi, The weather wasn't that bad so I didn't have too much problems with it being hot. I wasn't looking for paper so I was in and out of the stores faster than Teacher4416. I too can't wait for my next visit. The best part was the scenery. The farms are so well kept. I told the store owners about SCS as well.
It was hot, and I'm not used to farm smells, but it was just fine. Most had fans, some were in sopts with nice breezews ocming through the windows. One place was a little dark, she couldn;t find the candles, it was no big deal. I simpyl walked to the wondow tio see if it waas the shade of paper I wanted.

My DH was really funny. He opened the car windows and turned the car off rather than sit with the AC on (he didn;t come into the sotres - figured why bother if there was no air! ;) When I noticed and asked why, he said "out of respect for their ways." He was always worried about spookign the horses with the car when we drove into a place. it was nice & funny all at once!

And it is just SO pretty and idylic.
Reply With Quote Likes