Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #481  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Suzy!

I've been loving your blog! Your tutorials are fabulous! Now, don' forget - we have a date for you to be at my house for Christmas! Remember? ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #482  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
Hey Suzy!

I've been loving your blog! Your tutorials are fabulous! Now, don' forget - we have a date for you to be at my house for Christmas! Remember? ;)
I'm there...like white on rice girly :p

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #483  
Kookie Creator

SamanthaMaree,
Can you post your peppermint patty recipe? This has been one of my consistant pregnant cravings so far... lol... and I'd love to make them when I have some energy!
Stefanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #484  
Matboard Maniac

I know we have posted a lot of recipes but I thought I would post some great sites I have ran across with craft and gift ideas.

Great site with kids crafts and activities:(personally we plan to do the snowman handprint Christmas ornaments to give to grandparents)
http://www.littlegiraffes.com/christmas.html

This site has tons of ideas for crafts and gifts and I like that there are reviews and comments on each craft
http://www.craftbits.com/

Hope these help someone out with some gift ideas!

All children are gifted...some just open their package sooner than others.
Check out my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #485  
Kookie Creator

Okay here is my peppermint patty recipe. The ingredients are simple but they can be a little tricky to make.

1 package (1 lb) confectioners' sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 teaspoons peppermint extract
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons shortening

In a bowl, combine first four ingredients. Add milk and mix well. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass to a 1/4 inch thick. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes. In a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip patties; place on waxed paper to harden.

Yield: 5 dozen

One suggestion is to just take a few patties out of the freezer and dip them then go back and get a few more. Kind of a pain but if they get soft they will be a pain to dip. Everyone I made them for loved them. Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #486  
Pearl-ExPert

Can you ladies help me out???? Funds are very very very low this year and I'm going to have a hard time buying gifts. Any ideas on FUN toyish gifts that I could make for my 2 nephews and 1 niece (she's not even born yet, due next month). I am at a loss for boys handmade gifts. They are 4 and 2. thanks ladies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM   #487  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbookmommyView Post
I know we have posted a lot of recipes but I thought I would post some great sites I have ran across with craft and gift ideas.

Great site with kids crafts and activities:(personally we plan to do the snowman handprint Christmas ornaments to give to grandparents)
http://www.littlegiraffes.com/christmas.html

This site has tons of ideas for crafts and gifts and I like that there are reviews and comments on each craft
http://www.craftbits.com/

Hope these help someone out with some gift ideas!
I liked that craftbits site! Thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #488  
Die Cut Diva

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089View Post
Can you ladies help me out???? Funds are very very very low this year and I'm going to have a hard time buying gifts. Any ideas on FUN toyish gifts that I could make for my 2 nephews and 1 niece (she's not even born yet, due next month). I am at a loss for boys handmade gifts. They are 4 and 2. thanks ladies!

I am trying been trying to come up with something because I know how hard it is when funds are low. I thought of making teddy bears or some other types of stuff animals.

You could make file folder games, like matching numbers, animals or colors. Take a file folder and inside stamp images of different things (or paste cutouts from coloring books), color images and then lamtate the file folder. On a seperate sheet of card stock stamp the same images, colors, laminate, and then cut these out. Put them in a ziploc bag attached to the file folder and they have a quick and easy matching game. (Hope that made sense.) I know my son loved these when he was in pre-school. It helped him learn his colors, alphabets, etc.

I am sure there a lot more ideas I am just stumped at the moment. Does anyone else have ideas for 2 to 4 year old boys that don't cost lots of $$? :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #489  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailwooView Post
lillibet, your recipes sound yummy!! could you post the apple cake and the cookies w/ strawberry preserves?? Thanks! I could make some for Thanksgiving!
tfs, gail
Yes, Lillibet they all do sound good. We make the Russian teacakes and Hershey Kiss cookies as we call them- (you're Mexican sombreros) frequently. I would love to have the apple cake recipe! Thanks!

Annette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 05:09 AM   #490  
Inking Addict

Default Gifts for kids

Quote:

I hope this doesn't sound tacky, but you know what kids love? Boxes. How about going to Lowes and getting a large box and cut openings for windows and a door and decorate it like a playhouse?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #491  
Kookie Creator

Another idea for the kids... maybe decorate a paint can for each of them... they always turn out sooooo cute! For the boys get some cheap coloring books/ crayons or toys from the dollar store to throw in there. For the baby, get some baby supplies... powder, wash... not sure, really, but the dollar store will save you a lot of money. I was REALLY broke last Christmas and bought 50 cent fun pads for my (adopted) 9 & 11 yr old brothers. I then personalized homeade ornaments for them. They really enjoyed a break from the clothes and could bring those fun pads on the long car ride with them to our grandma's.... cause they didn't take up a lot of room like most toys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #492  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the peppermint patty recipe, I can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!
Stefanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #493  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendamontanezView Post
I hope this doesn't sound tacky, but you know what kids love? Boxes. How about going to Lowes and getting a large box and cut openings for windows and a door and decorate it like a playhouse?
Tacky? No way!!! How many of you have experienced a Christmas morning that the kids played with the silly boxes instead of those gifts we took forever to pick out? My girls are 7 & 9 and still, to this day LOVE big boxes. Maybe you could give them each a box and a package of crayons or markers to decorate their boxes. Perhaps some of your paper scraps to glue on would be fun too. You could even buy a flashlight for each of them at the dollar store so they could have their own little reading areas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #494  
Stampin' Fool

Oh, for the box idea... show them how to make a basket (basketball) in the top of the box. Last year I bought a huge outdoor planter basket and left it in the living room for a couple of days. My girls were not pleased with me when I took their basketball hoop away to put my plants in it. To make it harder for my girls to get a basket I gave them an old tennis ball (we found on the street) that kept bouncing out of the planter. It took them a good half hour before they were able to find the right angle to get the ball to stay in and not bounce back out.

We've done the basket(ball) thing with beach sand pails too. Although I'm not sure how lucky you would be in finding a sand pail this time of year. With the sand pail they've carried toys (inside & out), put picnic lunches in it and (I hate to admit it) last winter used one of them as a spur of the moment sick bucket. We love our sand pails. Sooo handy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:52 AM   #495  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth DebbyView Post
Hi Girls :

I sorta kept adding to Suzy H's document so here is a word doc up to this date. Oct. 24

I just kept copying and pasting.

It's really long

Thanks so much for doing this!!! I appreciate the time you took to assemble it and will be using it this holiday season!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #496  
Compulsive Stamper

Subscribing. Thanks so much for all the great ideas and receipes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #497  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, they live in a small house, so I think my brother and SIL would hate me for giving the boys big boxes to play with. I have an idea that I will post after I see if it works. Thanks all!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #498  
Inking Addict

Default Carmel Corn Recipe

Quote:

Well, they live in a small house, so I think my brother and SIL would hate me for giving the boys big boxes to play with. I have an idea that I will post after I see if it works. Thanks all!
O.K. How about going to a second hand store and picking up something you can clean, paint and fix up like a tri-cycle, etc.

I have really enjoyed this blog and I have a recipe to add. This is for carmel corn. I am making it for my son's 4th grade Halloween party and it is great for Christmas gifts.

Carmel Corn
6 quarts popcorn
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup Dark Karo Syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Place popcorn in large pan or roaster. Combine brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt in saucepan. When mixture comes to boil and butter is melted, allow to cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and soda. Beat till foams. Pour over corn. Mix with wooden spoon till corn is covered. Place pan in oven on 250 degrees and heat for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes. Pour out on foil. Cool and store in tight container.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #499  
Stazon Splitcoast

First, thank you so much for all the great ideas and recipes. I have copied many of them down on my index cards and can't wait to try many of them. I'm going to give edibles away to many this year.

Toys - I do like the paper, coloring books idea. What about those blocks you can buy and decorate? I know Emilymomto3boys got hers at Hobby Lobby, I don't have one in CA. If you could use coupons, it would be inexpensive, with modge podge and some paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #500  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyStamperView Post
First, thank you so much for all the great ideas and recipes. I have copied many of them down on my index cards and can't wait to try many of them. I'm going to give edibles away to many this year.

Toys - I do like the paper, coloring books idea. What about those blocks you can buy and decorate? I know Emilymomto3boys got hers at Hobby Lobby, I don't have one in CA. If you could use coupons, it would be inexpensive, with modge podge and some paper.
I was on another thread and someone said you can get the blocks at Michaels or JoAnns. They are also available 9 blocks for $9.95 I think at the oriental trading company... and here's the link
http://www.orientaltrading.com/appli...+Wooden+Blocks
Stef
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #501  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

I made these cookies for the girls at work last fall and they still talk about them. I made some today and now I remember why the girls talk about them so much.

Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Icing

2 cups shortening
2 cups white sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter
8 tablespoons milk
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Cream shortening, white sugar and pumpkin. Add eggs and mix well. Sift together baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
Drop from spoon to cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Frosting
Cook butter, milk, and brown sugar until dissolved. Cool and add confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Spread over warm cookies.

They come out very soft and cake-like. They're so yummy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #502  
Rubber Obsessor

Can someone help me out. I want to make the Strawberry Milk Bath but cannot find the Strawberry essentials oil. I looked at Body Works, Bath and Body also a health food store. No one has it. Where can I get it? Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Judluvstostamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #503  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudluvstostampView Post
Can someone help me out. I want to make the Strawberry Milk Bath but cannot find the Strawberry essentials oil. I looked at Body Works, Bath and Body also a health food store. No one has it. Where can I get it? Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Judluvstostamp

You wont be able to find essential oils at places like bath and body works or the body shop, they arent natural places.

You need to go to Whole Foods Market ( a HUGE national chain for organic and natural grocery and body products)

Here is the website:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/

find one near you and go, the essential oils are in the body and natural care department.

I was not able to find strawberry, I ended up using raspberry. (I am the original poster, even though the recipe is called strawberry I changed all the labels to raspberry on my gifts) You may not be able to find either, that's fine too. You can use pink grapefruit, lavender, lemon.....whatever scent you want.

But it has to be essential oils, otherwise you risk an allergic reaction to chemicals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #504  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

]

How about homemade activity books? There's plenty of sites on the internet where you can get printable activity pages for preschool ages. You could maybe laminate them so they could be used over and over.

Another idea would be to make a book about them. With such young ages you wouldn't need to have a lot of story line or make an alphabet book including them in it.

Felt books are also fun, if you sew. If you don't sew, hole punch the felt pages top and bottom on the left and run string, ribbon, twine through them and tie them.

As for the online sites, I did a google search for preschool printable activity pages and came up with tons. Here's a link to just one.

http://atozteacherstuff.com/Printables/

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #505  
Polyshrink Goddess

Originally Posted by chickers089

Oh, also thought of something else. What about a homemade bean bag toss? You could use ply wood or I really don't see what you couldn't use a stury bog and cut holes in it. But paint it (either form - box or wood) in fun colors or make it a shape. Make some bean bags for them to toss. Given their ages, the holes should be nice size. Just another thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #506  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sometimes I use this helpful site for handmade gift ideas! In the top left "contents" box, you will see a category for crafts. Click on the word crafts to find lots of inexpensive ideas for children as well as adults. On the right side of the page, recipe categories are listed. Look here for recipes to make and share. :-D

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #507  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's another of my favorite sites for recipes, the Land o' Lakes Butter site.

http://www.landolakesrecipes.com

If you click on the recipe finder, or type a category like "microwave candy" into the search box, you'll find many fabulous choices for candies, cookies, breads and much more. I've made the microwave fudge recipes several times with great success and also make the truffles candy recipes using different flavors and coatings. They are so easy to make and people always seem to enjoy receiving them as gifts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #508  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's another easy and inexpensive idea which I've used a few times. Make your favorite cookie dough recipe and package it in a plastic holiday container with a lid . Tie a few cookie cutters and the recipe to the handle of the container if it has one, or to ribbon which you tie around the container. Sometimes, I include sprinkles or a can of frosting. Of course, this gift has to be refrigerated until it's used and you can't make it too far in advance.

Something else I've done in the past is baked cookies (chocolate chip are always good) and then used them to make ice cream sandwiches, wrapped each one in plastic wrap and given them to our neighbors in a metal holiday tin with a lid. These are nice because you can make them in advance and keep them in the freezer. When I give these away, I take them right after dinner, just in time for dessert!

On the Holiday Packaging thread, I shared the giant sugar cookie "pizza" cookies which I made one year in case you are interested in that idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #509  
Stazon Splitcoast

bumping this great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #510  
Gallery Gazer

Here are a few more recipes, my daughter calls me the brownie and fudge queen!

Raspberry Truffle Brownies
Very dark and fudgy!

Brownies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
� cup Double Dutch dark cocoa (regular cocoa works fine, too!)
1 � cups sugar
� teaspoon salt
2/3 cup raspberry jam
1 teaspoon raspberry flavor (can omit this!)
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)

Raspberry Fudge Glaze
� cup raspberry jam
� cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
� teaspoon raspberry flavor

Bars: In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, cocoa, salt, jam and flavoring. Stir in the flour, eggs, and chips. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch pan, spreading till level. Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 28 to 32 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. The brownies will look slightly wobbly in the middle. Cool them for 1 hour before glazing.
Glaze: Combine all the glaze ingredients, cook over low heat, or in the microwave, until the chocolate and butter are melted. Stir until smooth, and spread over the bars. Cool for several hours before cutting the brownies with a knife that you have run under hot water.

No-Fail Marshmallow Fudge

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2/3 cup undiluted evaporated milk (1 small can)
1 � cups granulated sugar
� teaspoon salt
2 cups (4 ounces) miniature marshmallows
1 � cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
� cup chopped pecans or walnuts (can omit)

Butter an 8-inch pan; set aside. In med. saucepan, combine butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and salt. Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Boil (full rolling boil) 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts. Stir vigorously for at least 1 minute until marshmallows and chips are melted and blended. Pour into pan. Allow to completely cool before cutting (if you can wait that long!)
Variations:
Maple Walnut Fudge: Substitute butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips, maple extract for the vanilla, and use walnuts for the nuts.
Peppermint Fudge: Sprinkle � cup coarsely chopped peppermint candies (broken candy canes?) over the top of the warm fudge in the pan, press in a little and let cool.
Fancy Fudge: Substitute � cup toasted chopped almonds and � cup finely chopped candied mixed fruit for the pecans or walnuts.
Cranberry White Chocolate Fudge: Substitute white chocolate chips for the semisweet chips, almond extract for the vanilla and add � cup to 1 cup dried cranberries instead of nuts. You can also use less cranberries and add toasted almonds to this fudge.
Peanut Butter Fudge: Substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
Double Decker Fudge: Make one recipe of chocolate fudge and pour it into a 13 X 9 inch pan, let cool. Make one recipe of Peanut butter fudge and pour it over the top of the regular chocolate fudge.
Coconut Fudge: Spread 1 cup of flaked, toasted coconut on the bottom of a buttered 8-in square pan. Pour warm fudge over the top. Let cool, turn over and cut. Serve it upside down with the coconut showing.
Fudge Rolls: Spread 1 cup chopped nuts (or bright colored candies, etc.) on waxed paper. Pour warm fudge mixture over nuts. As mixture cools, form into a roll; cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap. Cool and cut into slices.
Note: If you misplace this recipe, the basic one is usually on the back of the gigantic bag of Nestle semisweet chocolate chips!

Peanut Butter Fudge
(For Peanut Butter Purists!)
2 cups sugar
� cup milk
1 1/3 cups peanut butter (you can use smooth or chunky)
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cr�me

In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil, boil hard for 3 minutes. Add peanut butter and marshmallow cr�me, mix well. Quickly pour into a buttered 8-in square pan, chill until set. Cut into squares.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #511  
Stazon Splitcoast

*drool* Those brownies sound DEVINE! Brownies are my weakness *sigh*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #512  
Inking Addict

LaurieFW,

Thanks for sharing,can't wait to try.

Peggy Hinz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 AM   #513  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

One year when our funds were low, I bought clear plastic containers with lids & handles (the ones about the size to hold file folders). I decorated them & stamped my kids' names on them. Then, I put art supplies in it. The whole thing cost me about $6 a kid.

With enough caffeine, I could rule the world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 06:01 AM   #514  
Cardstock Collector

Default peppermints

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyb66View Post
I recently purchased the peppermint wheel and I thought it would make a great decoration on those cookie bags...does anyone have some type of recipe with peppermint candies? (the red/white ones)

on .recipezaar.com there is a pepermint meltaway cookie that is out of this world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 AM   #515  
Cardstock Collector

Peppermint Meltaways
35 min 20 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
Cookies
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
Glaze
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1-2 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
2-3 drops red food coloring
hard peppermint candies or candy canes, crushed
FOR COOKIES, combine sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in large mixer bowl.
Beat at medium speed until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
Reduce speed to low; add flour and cornstarch.
Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
Cover; refrigerate until firm (30 to 60 minutes).
Heat oven to 350�F Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
Cool completely.
FOR GLAZE, combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl.
Stir in food color, if desired.
Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
(I have found it is easier to put the crushed candy in a bowl and"dip" the top of cookies in them right after I frost them).

These were a huge hit at my house last year. I put the unwrapped candy canes in a large freezer bag and covered it with a kitchen towel and beat it outside with the side of the hammer to break it up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 06:35 AM   #516  
Pearl-ExPert

We make those pretzels and kisses/hugs too, but we use the small twists.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread. Did anyone suggest, dipping plastic spoons in chocolate and wrapping them in pretty celophane paper for coffee drinkers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 06:48 AM   #517  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok, Whew Wee, I have purposly avoided this thread cause I just knew if I opened it up I would be gone. I started at 5:30 this morning and it is now after 9. But I made it threw and want to say thank you to all. I have a few to share.

Peppermint Patties Easy Peasey
Box of Ritz crackers
1 bag of dark choc melts
Peppermint oil or extract

Melt per package directions the choc. add about 1/2 tsp peppermint stir it up. Dip a Ritz cracker in it and cover. I use a fork. Place on wax paper to harden. These are the Peppermint cookie you buy from the Girl Scouts only better. SHHHHHHHHHH don't tell a Girl Scout.

I just sent out and am so proud: (to sisters) The Christmas organizer folder. And I made up snowman soup things, A Christmas gift card holder, and the candy bar wrapper. I told them these were things I could make up for them to give to those people they have to give a little something to. Teachers, church groups, neighbors. I told them to do the planning and let me know how many of what they needed. It is part of my gift to take on that for them.

I am working so hard this year to be organized and be ahead of the game. So far, so good. This thread will help big time.

I am also looking for a Holiday recipe hope someone has this. Years and years ago my SIL bought this from a lady and then the lady moved. I have missed it every year. It was a ceral mix that had all the cereals in it and the nuts were pecans. It was a sweet kinda thing with cinnamon for sure. It also had a bit of not garlic, but something not so sweet. Does this ring a bell with anyone, if so could you share.

I also found in Southern LIving the other day a recipe for Funnel Cakes. These are a huge family favorite and I always figured they would be hard to do. I am making everyone Funnel Cake Kits.

Funnel Cakes:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
1 egg beaten
3/4 cup milk
Vegtable oil
sifted powdered sugar
Mix 1st 7 ingredients until smooth. Cover bottom of 3/8 inch opening funnel with finger and pour in 1/4 cup batter into funnel. Drizzle batter into hot oil takes about one minute per side. Drain onto paper towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes about 8, 5 inch cakes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #518  
Kookie Creator

I would have never thought of making homemade funnel cakes! And those brownie recipes sound delicious! I love brownies... especially the fudgy kind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 PM   #519  
Hardware Hotshot

I have a new recipe that is SO simple and to die for ladies!!!

It is like candy, almost fudge, so super rich but oh my - so goooooood. Keeps well for shipping as long as you ship from a cold zone to a cold zone.

I don't have a microwave so do it on the stove and it works fine.

Suzy

Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Squares

2 pkg. butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 cups miniature marshmallows

Place the first 3 ingredients into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for
1-1/2 minutes, then stir. Microwave for an additional 1-1/2 minutes.
Continue at 30 second intervals until melted stirring in between each
setting. Let cool a couple of minutes and add 4 cups marshmallows
and stir well. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan and spread evenly. Let cool
completely, then cut into squares.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #520  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm going to have to try those Thin Mint cookies.
Reply With Quote Likes