Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #4001  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
BIA = Bind It All

I don't own one either. Yep, that's right, another thing Robyn doesn't own. Most of my money has been going into Cricut stuff only. I don't mind, though, I don't think I need a BIA. Now HUSH about it or I will want one! :-D
Would you believe that I just WON a Bind It All? I actually forgot that I even entered a contest. I had a sweet email message waiting for me on Friday afternoon. Granted, I already own one, but it is so cool to have WON something!! I was thinking my mom might like one. I don't know what she would bind, but I'm sure she'd think of something.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #4002  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by optotechaView Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to post - I posted on the FAQ thread as well - I am on the fence with the expression, but I have a cartridge question. Is there a cartridge that makes an oval shape besides the George cartridge? And I am looking for an oval shape without a hole for a tag. Also - can you place a piece a precut card size piece of cardstock on the mat and cut a circle, square, oval, etc. in the front of the card in a precise place? I guess what I am asking is will I be able to do that like I do with a hand punch in the lower right corner (For instance) of a card? Make sense??
I think and dont quote me that the school plantin cart that comes withthe expression has an oval.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #4003  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

BIA = Bind It All

I don't own one either. Yep, that's right, another thing Robyn doesn't own. Most of my money has been going into Cricut stuff only. I don't mind, though, I don't think I need a BIA. Now HUSH about it or I will want one! :-D
LOL... What?!?;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:32 AM   #4004  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
Would you believe that I just WON a Bind It All? I actually forgot that I even entered a contest. I had a sweet email message waiting for me on Friday afternoon. Granted, I already own one, but it is so cool to have WON something!! I was thinking my mom might like one. I don't know what she would bind, but I'm sure she'd think of something.

Kimberly
So exciting, I would fall onthe floor if I won something like that...Congrats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #4005  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssisterView Post
Wow - $35 twice a year! That would be great! (and expensive too, LOL!);)
Oh wow! I don't think I've come across that sale yet. Although that one week when Hobby Lobby didn't exclude the Cricut stuff, that brought the price down to $35 - since theirs are $59.99 regularly. I bought quite a few that week. LOL Man, I can't believe that after the five cartridges that I've ordered arrive, I'll have 24. TWENTY FOUR! Sheeesh, I think they multiply on their own.

Curiosity is killing me as to what the inside of a cartridge looks like. I mean, what's in there to store the data? Is an SD card or something? I don't want to open one to find out since I typically can't get things back together again.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #4006  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by flgirl5View Post
Has anyone used the markers to draw the princesses? I was just wondering how that would look.
Ohh I wish I had the princesses I would run and do it right now.
I have done the mickeys though and it worked but I know the princesses are more intricut, also when I did mine I forgot to change the pressure to 3.

so my Daisy is a little fat.:rolleyes: , but so am I!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 AM   #4007  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post - I posted on the FAQ thread as well - I am on the fence with the expression, but I have a cartridge question. Is there a cartridge that makes an oval shape besides the George cartridge? And I am looking for an oval shape without a hole for a tag. Also - can you place a piece a precut card size piece of cardstock on the mat and cut a circle, square, oval, etc. in the front of the card in a precise place? I guess what I am asking is will I be able to do that like I do with a hand punch in the lower right corner (For instance) of a card? Make sense??
  • Alphalicious has a plain and scalloped oval. I think if you use the shadow or blackout feature, you won't get a hole.
  • Fabulous Finds has a plain oval - use the Inserts feature.
  • George has a plain oval.
  • Jasmine has a plain oval.
  • Tags, Bags, Boxes and More has a plain oval if you use the shadow or blackout feature. No holes or slots cut with those features.
Some of the cartridges have the card feature to cut a shape out of the center of a card. With a little trial and error, you should be able to move the blade to where you want your shape cut out. The trial part would be to figure out just where on the shape does the blade start cutting so that you start in the right place on your card. So if it starts at the absolute bottom center of the oval, you could make a little pencil mark on your card where you want the cutting to start and then load the card and then move the blade to that pencil mark and cut the shape. The obvious error part is that you had it in the wrong spot. I think I would tend to lean towards the error part myself quite a bit as I have a bad memory anyhow. I have most of the one-page sheets printed out in a binder with each sheet in a page protector so I suppose I could write myself a sticky note on the starting points for the various shapes.

Here's the link to the one-page shape reference for each of the cartridges:
http://www.cricut.com/information/ca...e_library.aspx (Click on View in the Samples column next to the specific cartridge.) The new ones aren't all there yet though.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #4008  
Hardware Hotshot

My paper dolls cartridge shipped!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered mine from custom crops. I just got an email from them saying that they have all 4 of the new products including the design studio is in. I checked my account and my cartridge has already shipped. I should have it by Wednesday! I can't wait to play with it and neither can Molly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:35 AM   #4009  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
My paper dolls cartridge shipped!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered mine from custom crops. I just got an email from them saying that they have all 4 of the new products including the design studio is in. I checked my account and my cartridge has already shipped. I should have it by Wednesday! I can't wait to play with it and neither can Molly!
I am so jealous. Does anyone know when Kim is shipping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:47 AM   #4010  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I hope this week!! I also hope that I am "in" on the first shipping. LOL I just pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago. I'm not in any rush other than I just want it! LOL I think this will be the cartridge that my in-laws give me for Christmas. I have four other cartridges coming from Creative Express, but the PD cartridge "looks" like it would be more fun than the other ones I ordered. (At least in their eyes!) LOL

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 AM   #4011  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Robyn can answer for sure, but I believe with the Expressions (NOT THE ORIGINAL) that you can place your blade to the center of where you want the shape cut out. Then you tell it how big you want the shape and hit cut. On the demonstration video (on cricut.com) she centered her blade on a picture of her and her spouse, then cut a heart around them.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 07:08 AM   #4012  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
Robyn can answer for sure, but I believe with the Expressions (NOT THE ORIGINAL) that you can place your blade to the center of where you want the shape cut out. Then you tell it how big you want the shape and hit cut. On the demonstration video (on cricut.com) she centered her blade on a picture of her and her spouse, then cut a heart around them.
Yes, you are correct. You can use the "center point" feature on the ebug. I haven't tried to cut out the front of a card yet but you have the capability.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #4013  
Mad Swapper

I got to Cricut yesterday. I finished a few more of those layouts in the storage box. I also made a Christmas Countdown.

The first one is a few pictures from our wedding reception. We met at the Billiard Hall the reception was at. We had a small civil service with some family, so this was perfect for us. Maybe one day when we win the lottery, we will have that huge wedding I always dreamed of.
The second is of my DD a few years back at the army summer picnic.
The last is my Christmas Countdown. It was much easier to Cricut those numbers than the last one that I stamped.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut Chatter-misscue-reception.jpg   Cricut Chatter-all-american-baby.jpg   Cricut Chatter-cricut-christmas-countdown.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #4014  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh sorry, a BIA is a bind-it-all. I've been using mine a lot to make mini scrapbooks, post-it note holders, and chipboard calendars. There's a website called zuttersisters.com that's full of info on the bia.
I spelled the address wrong. it's *zutterzisters* instead of zuttersisters.

Here's the link: http://www.zutterzisters.com/

Sorry about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #4015  
Stazon Splitcoast

Carts on sale at Michaels, $49.99. I just got Beyond Birthdays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:23 AM   #4016  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConsueloView Post
Carts on sale at Michaels, $49.99. I just got Beyond Birthdays.
Awesome Consuelo! Did you purchase any of the carts from www.creativexpress.com when they were 4 for $27 each?? That was the best deal I have ever seen.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #4017  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I got to Cricut yesterday. I finished a few more of those layouts in the storage box. I also made a Christmas Countdown.

The first one is a few pictures from our wedding reception. We met at the Billiard Hall the reception was at. We had a small civil service with some family, so this was perfect for us. Maybe one day when we win the lottery, we will have that huge wedding I always dreamed of.
The last is my Christmas Countdown. It was much easier to Cricut those numbers than the last one that I stamped.
Love your Christmas Countdown! I got a Cricut at Wal-mart but othenr then playing with it once to make sure it worked I havne't had a chance to touch it! DH said it is my Christmas gift but I could use it now. I need to lock myself away so I can play with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #4018  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kimberly
How cool!!!! It sure will make a great gift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #4019  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh wow! I don't think I've come across that sale yet. Although that one week when Hobby Lobby didn't exclude the Cricut stuff, that brought the price down to $35 - since theirs are $59.99 regularly. I bought quite a few that week. LOL Man, I can't believe that after the five cartridges that I've ordered arrive, I'll have 24. TWENTY FOUR! Sheeesh, I think they multiply on their own.

Curiosity is killing me as to what the inside of a cartridge looks like. I mean, what's in there to store the data? Is an SD card or something? I don't want to open one to find out since I typically can't get things back together again.

Kimberly
Ok, I hadn't thought about what the inside of the carts look like, now I'm going to wonder too, LOL! ;) :rolleyes: I KNOW I'd screw it up if I tried too look though, so no experimenting from me, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #4020  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Ohh I wish I had the princesses I would run and do it right now.
I have done the mickeys though and it worked but I know the princesses are more intricut, also when I did mine I forgot to change the pressure to 3.

so my Daisy is a little fat.:rolleyes: , but so am I!
Not fat, *FLUFFY*!!!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #4021  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You did a great job!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #4022  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbasprincessView Post
Love your Christmas Countdown! I got a Cricut at Wal-mart but othenr then playing with it once to make sure it worked I havne't had a chance to touch it! DH said it is my Christmas gift but I could use it now. I need to lock myself away so I can play with it!
What a nice dh! Start using it, so you can show us what you make with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #4023  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Thank you.
I used the Keystone font for all the letters and numbers. The star is from the George cart.
The squares are 1.5" (cut with my paper cutter). The letters and numbers were all cut at 1" (Cricut made that go Soooooo much faster). The cookie sheet is from the dollar store. It only took 1 sheet of Designer Series Paper (Holiday Harmony) and 2 sheets of Naturals White cardstock. A couple strips of ribbon and two 3/4" x 8.5" strips of Always Artichoke. I held the main background with sticky strip. The squares are held on by snail and the numbers and letters I ran through my Xyron 150. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the top holes for the ribbon to hang it.
I haven't covered the chipboard shape to mark the number yet. I don't know what color I want it. It has magnets on the back.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #4024  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

im Usually ships on Mondays so hopefully today, I told her to holxd mine untilthe software was in and she said that would be the 7th last week but maybe sooner, now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #4025  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Very cute work love them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #4026  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes, you are correct. You can use the "center point" feature on the ebug. I haven't tried to cut out the front of a card yet but you have the capability.
:mrgreen: green with envy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #4027  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ok, I hadn't thought about what the inside of the carts look like, now I'm going to wonder too, LOL! ;) :rolleyes: I KNOW I'd screw it up if I tried too look though, so no experimenting from me, lol!
Its just a green electronics circut card like inside a computer. You can see it where you plug in just a chip soildered(sp?) on it holds the info. It's whats inside the SD card, I think they made the cards bigger so people wouldn't lose them. I miss place mine every where
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #4028  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Not fat, *FLUFFY*!!!!! ;)
I wish it was fluff...It would be easier to get rid of...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #4029  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Its just a green electronics circut card like inside a computer. You can see it where you plug in just a chip soildered(sp?) on it holds the info. It's whats inside the SD card, I think they made the cards bigger so people wouldn't lose them. I miss place mine every where
Oh, I see. That's a good idea to make them bigger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #4030  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I wish it was fluff...It would be easier to get rid of...LOL
I know, me too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #4031  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Mine too and I feel bad. I only discovered this cart on Saturday (or maybe Friday) and ordered it right away. Now mine has shipped after only a few days of waiting when others have been waiting for..months? Weeks? Anyway sorry ladies. :(
It's totally not your fault which online places shipped faster, or that you didn't know about the cart sooner. It's just hard to wait for anyone, I think. I'll probably have to wait until tax time to get it myself, but luckily I have a friend who shares, lol. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #4032  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Forgive my ignorance. What is a BIA? I really shouldn't ask because then I am going to have to go out and buy one.

Welcome to all the new cricut owners! Get ready for a lot of fun. I second hart2heart's sentiment. This thread has a wonderful bunch of enablers. You will find more ideas and needs for carts than you ever thought. In case you didn't see it, creativexpress.com is having a huge sale. If you buy 4 or more cartdriges, they are $27 a piece. With shipping, they come to about $29 a piece.
You catch on fast and now you are a big enabler just like the rest of us! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #4033  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Kimberly
I took advantage of that screw up at HL too. I got 6 cartridges that week. I will have 32 cartridges after my paper dolls arrives on Wednesday and my creative express order on Friday. I agree they must multiply on their own. Too bad they don't do that for free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #4034  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You can do that with the center point function. I haven't tried that function yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #4035  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Great pages and countdown calendar. I have been working on one since Saturday and I am almost finished. Hopefully tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #4036  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Welcome! Go lock yourself in a room and get that bug out to play! It is so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #4037  
Gallery Gazer

Hi! I sent Kim an email preordering the Software but she hasn't emailed me back. Does anyone know how long her turn around time usually is?
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #4038  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Mine too and I feel bad. I only discovered this cart on Saturday (or maybe Friday) and ordered it right away. Now mine has shipped after only a few days of waiting when others have been waiting for..months? Weeks? Anyway sorry ladies. :(
I have been waiting for months, but I waited until Sunday to place my preorder. I couldn't pay for something and then wait months for it to arrive. I am not that patient. I waited so long to order because I was trying to decide who to order it from. I was going to order from Kim, but then when I saw that custom crops had shipped some of their design studio software on Friday I decided to go with them because Kim was saying the 17th for the software. I played the game and luckily I chose the right place to order from. I hope that Kim got hers in too so that everyone that ordered from her will get theirs soon. Anytime companies have things for preorder it is hard for them to get the product to everyone at the same time. We demos play that game with Stampin' Up every time there is a new catalog. A few lucky people get their catalog a day or two earlier than the majority. It is really frustrating but it happens. Don't feel bad. It's not your fault.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #4039  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heartView Post
I have been waiting for months, but I waited until Sunday to place my preorder. I couldn't pay for something and then wait months for it to arrive. I am not that patient. I waited so long to order because I was trying to decide who to order it from. I was going to order from Kim, but then when I saw that custom crops had shipped some of their design studio software on Friday I decided to go with them because Kim was saying the 17th for the software. I played the game and luckily I chose the right place to order from. I hope that Kim got hers in too so that everyone that ordered from her will get theirs soon. Anytime companies have things for preorder it is hard for them to get the product to everyone at the same time. We demos play that game with Stampin' Up every time there is a new catalog. A few lucky people get their catalog a day or two earlier than the majority. It is really frustrating but it happens. Don't feel bad. It's not your fault.
I preordered withthe software from Kim this last week, But I beged her to save me shipping and ship it with the software so she is so I wont get mine until after the 17th...Sheesh...She has a thing to day saying she ordered the software according to preorders so no refunds...Wonder why she didnt say that before. I dont think she thought they would both come out on time and they did. I can wait, havent been doing much crafting any ways...:rolleyes: here's hoping her software comes in sooner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #4040  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy did you get boththe software and Paperdolls...I curious what you paid
Reply With Quote Likes